Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258461 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 08

Saguache, CO

#194650 Dec 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand. I comprehend.
I'm talking about young people. 25 and under. I'm one of them.
I know the Christians don't understand the scope of this and I'm not sure that you do either. Young people are abandoning the the church. We know the problem but we'd rather let our parents and grandparents die with their beliefs before we let it fall.
The foundation is propped up by our goodwill and respect.
"Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is rapidly agin'
Please get out of the new one if you can't lend your hand
For the times they are a-changin'
The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is rapidly fadin'
And the first one now will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'" ~ Dylan, duh
My sweet and tender little one, people under 25 have been rebelling against the status quo forever. It is part of growing up. It is also why 26 was the age for some things like getting bonded by insurance companies, getting married in some places, and other things requiring maturity. Such were derived from extensive human experience with humans by humans.

You will understand the reasons for that when you grow up. Patience, little one.

:-)

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#194651 Dec 21, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a bit hypocritical to say you are free to, when interest groups act as a police state to get you hounded out of your job if you do.
It's disingenuous to call that "free".
True.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#194652 Dec 21, 2013
There are no such things as gods or pixies.
https://www.google.co.uk/search... 's+probably+no+god&hl=en &tbm=isch&tbo=u&so urce=univ&sa=X&ei=8XS1 UsXvO5SqhQfOwIH4AQ&ved=0CC 8QsAQ&biw=1440&bih=752

Now let's enjoy the pagan festival of Winter Solstice some call "Christmas" :-)......

Two nuns are driving along at night. Suddenly, a vampire jumps in front of their car.
"What should we do?" asks the first nun.
"Show him your cross!" says the second.
So the first nun leans out the window and yells, "Get out of the way, jerk!"

Saguache, CO

#194653 Dec 21, 2013
http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/24277120/churche...

Churches are having to turn to technology to protect property.

Baby Jesus is just material stuff, but evidently there are those, like Topix atheists, that feel compelled to steal and probably use such to work out there issues. Some may steal them for icons to have in their house, but I would suspect you have a lot of pieces of Baby Jesus in places like a Topix atheist gathering all bloodied and broken up and defaced. Makes them feel empowered. Revenge on this symbol of small pox infecting murderous homophobic mass of humanity that cramps their style.

This theft was not such an issue before this neo-atheism arose.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#194654 Dec 21, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
More bs. Since she said yes to Christ and left that lifestyle (her words) 8 years before we ever met I had nothing to do with it. A real tolerant person (not you) would try to learn from others.
Lesbians don't change, Chris.

She's lying to you if she said she was a lesbian and now she says she's not.

My guess is that you're lying about it. What say you?

“What game?”

Location hidden

#194655 Dec 21, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> That a girl, express yourself
Bongo, baby !!!

What flava is you?

Safety Harbor, FL

#194656 Dec 21, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Very possibly. The decision will probably be based on dollars and cents. If the network feels that the backlash is outweighed by the spike in interest in the show with Phil on it, they'll brink him back.
But if they suspect the opposite is the case, he's probably gone from A&E for good, although he may come back on Fox..
I'm not much of a fan. I put the show on once and turned it off, didn't see what the big deal is. This however is big. Not as big as the Chick-fil-a case since that involved two people in elected positions trying to use force against a private company but still big. I do agree that money is the false god for most that's all A&E cares about.

Safety Harbor, FL

#194657 Dec 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Lesbians don't change, Chris.
She's lying to you if she said she was a lesbian and now she says she's not.
My guess is that you're lying about it. What say you?
Its nothing new. I've shared our story many times. She lived as a lesbian for years before giving her life to Christ. You are in a very long line of people (like Ben, like Le Le ect) that say I'm lying. Also been told she will go back. Understand this happened in 1999. Nor worry here.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#194658 Dec 21, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hate reminds me of something concerning your screen name. I've been witness to this for some time now and thought you are more likely to stop the tide than the movement of Christ. You are exactly what you fear.
Testify Brother, Testify. AMEN.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#194659 Dec 21, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>I told you I don't know how many.

But it's a finite number.

Being indeterminable is not being infinite.
But it could be.

Safety Harbor, FL

#194660 Dec 21, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't compare homosexuals to terrorists. He was including them with all sorts of sinners.
Murderers and people who default on debts are considered sinners, but that is not to compare a defaulter with a murderer.
Another thing. What did A+E expect they would get when they started a show with a bunch of rednecks in camoflage who hunt and go to church and pray at the end of each show?
I predict Phil will be reinstated in short order.
Some time back Glenn Beck was on Cnn. For most money is god and little else matters. Good call on the interest groups in play. I know one guy that now goes out of his way to spend money at a Chick-fil-a not because they are Christians but because he was outraged at the crackdown on free speech in this nation. Same backlash here I'm guessing.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#194661 Dec 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
My sweet and tender little one, people under 25 have been rebelling against the status quo forever. It is part of growing up. It is also why 26 was the age for some things like getting bonded by insurance companies, getting married in some places, and other things requiring maturity. Such were derived from extensive human experience with humans by humans.
You will understand the reasons for that when you grow up. Patience, little one.
You already died, Dave. You don't get a vote unless you were resurrected. I didn't make those rules. Sorry.

I get to make the new ones and make y'all comfortable while I do.

"Hey Bobby, Dave is thrashing around again. Can you give him another 10mg of Infumorph and a magnet?"

High 3?

“What game?”

Location hidden

#194662 Dec 21, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Its nothing new. I've shared our story many times. She lived as a lesbian for years before giving her life to Christ. You are in a very long line of people (like Ben, like Le Le ect) that say I'm lying. Also been told she will go back. Understand this happened in 1999. Nor worry here.
There is a very distinct difference between those people and me, Chris.

I'm a lesbian.

If she was a lesbian, she still is. If she wasn't a lesbian then she's lying.

She's lying to you either way. That's your deal.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#194663 Dec 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Bongo, baby !!!
What flava is you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =QsaTbmm8gyMXX
Who loves ya baby? Jesus and Bongo!

“What game?”

Location hidden

#194666 Dec 21, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Some time back Glenn Beck was on Cnn. For most money is god and little else matters. Good call on the interest groups in play. I know one guy that now goes out of his way to spend money at a Chick-fil-a not because they are Christians but because he was outraged at the crackdown on free speech in this nation. Same backlash here I'm guessing.
The Crack Down on Free Speech.

Dibs on the band name.

Wait, I think I'll call my band, The Christian Persecutors.

We'll sing Hymns backwards.

Saguache, CO

#194667 Dec 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You already died, Dave. You don't get a vote unless you were resurrected. I didn't make those rules. Sorry.
I get to make the new ones and make y'all comfortable while I do.
"Hey Bobby, Dave is thrashing around again. Can you give him another 10mg of Infumorph and a magnet?"
High 3?
But this old dead man is getting a response from you.

Fancy that.

Low 8?

You aren't even a third of your life yet, little one. A tiny, tiny fraction of your mature cognizant self has passed in your 20 years. You have a very long ways to go in your thinking. Keep an open mind.
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#194670 Dec 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a lesbian.
So you have said before. Flash, you are wrong. You don't know what it's like to give up, start over. We do. That's our deal.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#194671 Dec 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
But this old dead man is getting a response from you.
Fancy that.
Low 8?
You aren't even a third of your life yet, little one. A tiny, tiny fraction of your mature cognizant self has passed in your 20 years. You have a very long ways to go in your thinking. Keep an open mind.
Mathematically you have me beat with digits. I only have 15 :)

You only know what I've told you about my 20 years. I've been on every continent except the one that's made of ice. You couldn't pay me enough to hop on that one.

Do you know what I like best about the winter solstice?

Saguache, CO

#194672 Dec 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a lesbian.
At your age you just think you are. It is your reality for the time being.

Just like thinking you were a good little Christian girl and a variety of other things already. Now you think you are lesbian.

Action/reaction/action/reactio n>>>

You will understand when you grow up and get more settled.

Don't you just hate that trump card in this game of life?

“What game?”

Location hidden

#194673 Dec 21, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>So you have said before. Flash, you are wrong. You don't know what it's like to give up, start over. We do. That's our deal.
Did you give up your heterosexuality? Did you start over as a homosexual?

Let me know when you do. Then I'll believe that your wife did the opposite.

She's lying to you or you're lying to me.

Either way, there is a lie. It's OK with me. I'm not a Christian.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How To Get To Heaven When You Die 20 min xfrodobagginsx 1
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 22 min xfrodobagginsx 3,868
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 55 min IB DaMann 509
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 57 min one way or another 52,231
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... 1 hr Eagle 12 223
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 1 hr Eagle 12 1,677
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Amused 22,170
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr ChristineM 24,891
More from around the web