Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 243115 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#194468 Dec 20, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
Another message they have sent is they are above the law and can discriminate against Christians by undue termination which of course is illegal.
I wonder if Snookie said something about opposing views to Christians if she would've been kicked off the show.

Somehow I doubt it.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#194469 Dec 20, 2013
Kit 56 wrote:
<quoted text>You are right about that,one day they no longer will,it's called the Rapture...
Good. Go be raptured. Many shall rejoice.

Although, I think it may have already happened, lots of half empty towns and abandoned cars abound, maybe you missed out, maybe all the delusionals left are actually daemons.

You lot still believe in daemons?

Being a slayer would be so cool. Thing is, there's no such thing. Bummer hey.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#194470 Dec 20, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I had Hope once. She was HOT !!!
I dumped her for Grace.
She was hot alright because Hope is the burning embers of Faith. No wonder you dropped them both.

Instead you went for Disgrace and all her cousins, Degrade, Dishonor, Humiliate, Shame and Uglify.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#194471 Dec 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if Snookie said something about opposing views to Christians if she would've been kicked off the show.
Somehow I doubt it.
Agreed.[tipping hat]

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#194472 Dec 20, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>Atheist don’t talk to God. They only tells us what they would say if they did talk to God. They’re not brave enough to actually talk to him.
I talked to him plenty, at some point I realised I was just talking to myself. Like a crazy person. Being crazy is ok but trying to force others to be? I don't think so.

There's no bravery involved in talking to one's self, now admitting it? That might require bravery, like taking responsibility for one's actions.

I don't expect you to understand.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#194473 Dec 20, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
That is bigotry, IANS. I just want you to acknowledge that.
I disagree. To you, bigotry is. any negative opinion about Christianity. You also don't consider Christian homophobia or atheophobia bigotry.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#194474 Dec 20, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>Not unusual for ding bats.
Ah, the christian insult. Did the jesus character teach you to mock people?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#194475 Dec 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>I'd love to see the US or NATO give the Vatican an ultimatum to turn over the records on its priests immediately, or if refused, storm the place and take them by force. That's what would happen if any other entity was doing what the Roman Catholic Church was doing. That's what would happen to you and me.

But that will never happen to the Roman Catholic Church. Why? Religion gets a pass.
The rcc also has mountains of gold.

That might have some bearing.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#194476 Dec 20, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Not true. Homosexuals vilify Christians. Some target them. Gays are trying to change things as far as marriage. They are creating the issues and Christians are a part of the opposition. It is wrong to lie to children by normalizing gay marriage. It is calling wrong right.
<quoted text> We know that. Two wrongs do not make a right. Do you attend church? Youth Sunday school? It is strongly discouraged. Although it is hard for some youth to fight their biology. Especially if they are in love and have to wait. In Bible times females were married at an earlier age. Now they have to wait until 18.(generally) Perhaps in some states they can marry before 18 with parental permission. I don't know off hand.
http://gawker.com/students-shut-down-school-a...

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#194477 Dec 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>That Phil dude is entitled to his opinion. He's done nothing to discriminate against gays, he just doesn't agree with the lifestyle.

"I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity."

-The Phil guy
Yet publicly 'disagreeing with their lifestyle' is 'disrespect'.

The Phil guy displays christian religinut hypocrisy and dishonesty just in what you posted about him, just then.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#194478 Dec 20, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>If it's wrong to lie to children why are Atheist constantly doing it?
That's your answer? Typical.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#194479 Dec 20, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the christian insult. Did the jesus character teach you to mock people?
When playing cards you call it like you see em.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#194480 Dec 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Let's keep this simple and cut to the chase. What is the homophobic Christian message you're talking about? And what churches preach it?
What churches?

I'm tired of going over this. It's all already been covered.

Location hidden

#194481 Dec 20, 2013
Kit 56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope no talking snakes,when Pharaoh's magicians brought their snakes up to Moses,Moses through his staff down and consumed the magi's snakes,are was it the snake on the pole,nope that snake didn't talk either,Wait I know it must have been that old serpent satan,now he talked but Adams already knows that they are comrades.
WTF? Are you drunk?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#194482 Dec 20, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>Another message they have sent is they are above the law and can discriminate against Christians by undue termination which of course is illegal.
You lot are being judged. Deal with it. Your time for murdering people and concepts that don't fit with your religious fantasies, is up.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#194483 Dec 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I disagree. To you, bigotry is. any negative opinion about Christianity. You also don't consider Christian homophobia or atheophobia bigotry.
Wrong. I consider them both bigotry.

I just don't think there's as many homophobe Christians as you think and I certainly don't think there's any underlying homophobic Christian massage, as you do.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#194484 Dec 20, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Anglers love it when their game fights back. It makes reeling them in so much more fun.

Keep fighting baby, I love it when you fight back.[tipping hat]

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#194485 Dec 20, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>Yet publicly 'disagreeing with their lifestyle' is 'disrespect'.

The Phil guy displays christian religinut hypocrisy and dishonesty just in what you posted about him, just then.
Who did he treat with disrespect and how?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#194486 Dec 20, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your answer? Typical.
Why thank you this is one of my better days.[tipping hat]

I got to go for a while, the Houston Rockets are fixing to start playing.

I always love you Atheist. It's like a German Shepherd playing with a chew toy. Nothing but fun.

Location hidden

#194487 Dec 20, 2013
Kit 56 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right about that,one day they no longer will,it's called the Rapture...
lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 17 min Brian_G 6,173
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 19 min Brian_G 19,746
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr ChristineM 9,229
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr ChristineM 2,283
Should atheists have the burden of proof? 9 hr superwilly 18
John 3:16 18 hr superwilly 30
Atheists have morals too! 23 hr Amused 4
More from around the web