Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#194546 Dec 20, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Yes just like our wonderful new prime minister, Tony Abscess.
Gahh.

Location hidden

#194547 Dec 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, I thought you said discriminatory.

He made comments to GQ about more than just homosexuals.

But on them, this is part of what he said.

"It seems like, to me, a vagina -- as a man -- would be more desirable than a man's anus. That's just me."

What's disrespectful about that?!

He was also quoted saying:

"Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers -- they won't inherit the kingdom of God."

So why is the big debate about homosexuals?

Adulterers are not just homosexuals.

Idolaters? Greedy? Drunks? Slanderers? Swindlers?

You could say he also slandered me, a drunk.

What do we do? Tie him up with duct tape so he can no longer voice his opinion?!

Where's the freedom in shutting up opposing viewpoints?

If you truly want freedom and equality, you have to be willing to accept all viewpoints, not just the ones you agree with.
I don't have to accept anything nor do I have the desire to duck tape anyone.

Views get responses, sorry you don't like the responses but that's not my problem.

It's yours.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#194548 Dec 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's descriptive of a real phenomenon. We see evidence of it everywhere - including this thread - and that's how I decide matters like these. There is no evidence for souls, so I don't accept the notion. But I see plenty of evidence of gays being treated as inferior, so I accept that homophobia is real. That Phil dude and his words were real, right?
The word, as concocted, could not possibly be describing treatment of gays as inferior.

It is a prefix and a suffix, one meaning "human, or same", the other meaning "irrational fear".

The prefix was chosen because it is found in "homosexual", so there is its identification.

The suffix was chosen because "phobia" connotes a negative, irrational quality.

Presto - a made-up word to serve as a partial shield from criticism.

It's not a word - it's a strategy.

Location hidden

#194549 Dec 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have these signs on the road where you live? I see them all over.

S L O W

C H R I S T I A N S

P R A Y I N G
No. My condolences to you Tide.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#194550 Dec 20, 2013
Kit 56 wrote:
I just dropped in to see what these nuts are saying,they are so crazy,like that Tam gal,bet she makes her mama proud,are how bout that nut lucifer witch chick,creepy pos,you people are scary,creepy,down right psychopaths,don't want to argue with the likes of people who look like they crawled out of a horror movie,you bunch of sick perverts!
You know what you remind me of?

You're like sewage after it's settled for several days. We can look down through your transparency to see that you're full of shit.

Thanks for stopping by!

Location hidden

#194551 Dec 20, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>So did George W Bush, with all his wars. So did our idiot PM Howard who always acted like his little b*ch.

Esp when we know "god and country" simply meant oil...
Gold too.

Location hidden

#194552 Dec 20, 2013
Kit 56 wrote:
I just dropped in to see what these nuts are saying,they are so crazy,like that Tam gal,bet she makes her mama proud,are how bout that nut lucifer witch chick,creepy pos,you people are scary,creepy,down right psychopaths,don't want to argue with the likes of people who look like they crawled out of a horror movie,you bunch of sick perverts!
Yes, we know you're a creepy pos. We also know you just love watching us, which is also creepy.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#194553 Dec 20, 2013
Kit 56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope but by looking at that photo of yours I would say your on something,are maybe something is in you,demon possession,yep that's what it is alright..lol
Hush, tard. We're trying to talk here.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#194554 Dec 20, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
"We just love 'em, give 'em the good news about Jesus — whether they're homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort 'em out later, you see what I'm saying?"
He didn't terrorize me at all. He's free to think and say what he wants. A&E is free to fire him for that if they want. I would expect nothing less from him considering his pastor came out as saying he agreed with what Phil said. Students learn from their teachers.
He didn't compare homosexuals to terrorists. He was including them with all sorts of sinners.

Murderers and people who default on debts are considered sinners, but that is not to compare a defaulter with a murderer.

Another thing. What did A+E expect they would get when they started a show with a bunch of rednecks in camoflage who hunt and go to church and pray at the end of each show?

I predict Phil will be reinstated in short order.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#194555 Dec 20, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it is, Buck.
Like just like antisemitism, genocide, pedophilia, rape and murder are just meaningless words, right ?
You should move to Uganda, maybe you can convince them to save money by killing their gays instead of putting them in prisons for life.
Good shot!

And this is the country that brought us Idi Amin Dada and all his tortures.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#194556 Dec 20, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Those words have meanings.
"Homophobia" has none.
People needed a word to give opposition to gay rights a negative connotation, so they cobbled together something that sounds negative.
Literally, if it had a meaning, the word would mean "fear of humans, or fear of self".
Your Greek and Latin is a little confused. It does have a meaning, try an online dictionary.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#194557 Dec 20, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure you aren't a Christian, Buck ?
When did I ever mention shooting anyone ?
When you said that a bible would be no protection from gunfire because it would penetrate a 2-foot cedar.

You were commenting on gunfire at people, and the effectiveness of your weapon in that situation.

Then you pretended you were talking about shooting game.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#194558 Dec 20, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure you aren't a Christian, Buck ?
When did I ever mention shooting anyone ?
I mentioned the penetration of an 8MM bullet into wood and lead and you threatened to beat me with my own rifle.
You need to get out more. Join a hunting club maybe. Maybe you'll learn some survival skills and running is good exercise.
And I didn't threaten to beat you with your rifle.

I threatened to force feed it to you, if you were to pull it on me.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#194559 Dec 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It was so successful, they're changing their name to Bigots, Birds, and Batter.
"Put this breast in your mouth or we'll stick a drumstick up your ass!"
They're also going to stop using the word "franchise" because it's sounds gay. Each location will now be known as an erection. They're already planning to extend several erections near you.
Is someone forcing you to eat there?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#194560 Dec 20, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
When you said that a bible would be no protection from gunfire because it would penetrate a 2-foot cedar.....
You are wrong again. I responded to some one who thought a Bible would stop a bullet. I merely pointed out the flaw in his post.

You really should see a psychiatrist about your paranoia before you injure yourself or others.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#194561 Dec 20, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
And I didn't threaten to beat you with your rifle.
I threatened to force feed it to you, if you were to pull it on me.
And how would you "force feed it to me" ? That was a euphemism for causing me bodily harm.

I am not afraid of you Buck. Paper tigers have no teeth.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#194562 Dec 20, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
Is someone forcing you to eat there?
It's the same person that's forcing you to read my posts.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#194563 Dec 20, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Greek and Latin is a little confused. It does have a meaning, try an online dictionary.
No. It is an entirely meaningless word.

It's like putting prefixes and suffixes together and getting "underment", or "subity".

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#194564 Dec 20, 2013
Kit 56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't hate gay people,I hate the sin,so thanks for pointing that out,so I can explain myself,the guy I was speaking to is a jerk!
Then move to Uganda. We won't miss you.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#194566 Dec 20, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. You absolutely can't stop people from doing drugs, and there will always be people willing to supply those drugs. The more difficult you make it for suppliers and dealers, the higher the profit margins become, which leads to a corresponding rise in violence as various interests fight for control of the market. I think that the best way to get rid of many of the problems associated with drugs is full on alcohol style legalization - the black markets would dry up overnight if people could simply go to a dispensary to get what they want.
I fully agree with legalising cannabis. In my state, there's only a caution if you are caught with a small amount anyway.

I don't know if I agree with you about the heavier chemical drugs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 min 15th Dalai Lama 84,029
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 27 min Frindly 3,346
News BILL-BORED: Get Ready For Atheists' Annual Use ... 19 hr Eagle 12 - 9
News Scientist Richard Dawkins weighs in on Malaysia... Thu Eagle 12 - 6
High School Atheism Thu blacklagoon 3 41
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Wed Eagle 12 - 4,965
Where have all the Atheists gone? (Apr '17) Wed Eagle 12 - 132
More from around the web