Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#194078 Dec 19, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I did at university. It was interesting how sociology contradicted psychology. Individuals and group dynamics are very different. The person who would never do something alone will easily do so as part of a group.
It is a reason that otherwise sane and loving individuals can become cold blooded killers if the group says it is OK. It is the primary training of all military personnel as well as other groups..
History, language, archeology, psychology, sociology AND military training...

Wow, you've accomplished do much!

You sure you're not a Topix Atheist!?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#194079 Dec 19, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I've never seen anybody so determined to be excellently creepy as you.
You don't own any mirrors?

Can't say I'm surprised.

Location hidden

#194080 Dec 19, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
It was his character's name in the story you haven't read, in the babble. He, yaweh, also did his own mom. Gross.
My God, the Christian God, had no mother.

My God, the Christian God, has no name.

"Yahweh" is just a Hebrew word that means "god", it is not a name for the Christian God.

Location hidden

#194081 Dec 19, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
App Store -- topix app -- free -- install.
I did, thanks for that.

I deleted it though. It sucks.

No ads, but a completely strange interface.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#194082 Dec 19, 2013
Outrage wrote:
One more thing,this crap of evolution,why did we stop evolving?You people are out there way out there,kinda think DNA left you with skinned asses,every time you come up with something new,science throws a wrench in your cogs.
What?

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#194083 Dec 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I did, thanks for that.

I deleted it though. It sucks.

No ads, but a completely strange interface.
*face palm*
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#194084 Dec 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I believe in a god, God.
Please show me the definition of theist where one must believe in all gods.
And don't use the Topix Atheist! handbook.
<quoted text>
Ok, goofball. You wanna ignore the obvious.
Theism:
n.
Belief in the existence of a god or gods, especially belief in a personal God as creator and ruler of the world.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx...
A person does not need to believe in every god ever thought up to be a theist.
An Atheist REJECTS God, or Gods. All you have to do to be an Atheists is to REJECT just one God. Welcome to the wonderful guilt free world of Atheism.

“The..”

#194085 Dec 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>My God, the Christian God, had no mother.

My God, the Christian God, has no name.

"Yahweh" is just a Hebrew word that means "god", it is not a name for the Christian God.
Just read the freaken book dude.
Outrage

Texarkana, TX

#194086 Dec 19, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You have found a creature that uses a biological system that "appears" to be mechanical gears. We can find many things in nature that we can compare to mechanisms we use. Because you recognize this biological system as something mechanical, and you know that gears are designed, you fall into the trap of assuming it to be *designed* by a "supreme designer"
This system evolved, and evolved for very good reasons. The plant hopper's legs are UNDER its body, unlike the grass hopper which are out to the side. In order for the plant hopper to leap it must fire both legs with enough force and within a microsecond of each other to be effective. However, ONLY the juveniles have these gears, as they grow and molt the gears do not regrow. Evolution knows that it is a fragile system, if just one gear breaks the effectiveness is compromised. The adults are bigger and stronger and do not need these gears. The juveniles are not a big or strong so need these gears until they reach adulthood.
Now ponder this as you asked me to ponder. If these gears WERE designed by a supreme designer, why do they eventually disappear from this species? Such a great "design" why no keep it through adulthood?
The answer, because they were NOT designed by evolved, evolved in such a way as to assist the young until they became strong enough to leap without the gears.
Also ponder this, if these gears were such a wonderful design why have they NOT be found in many other leaping species of insects? One wonderful design should work for all, right?

Did you ever watch the movie where Harrison Ford (Indiana)was up against the sword of the middle eastern man,he watches him do his little tricks,like the big bad man he was portraying himself as,then Harrison pulls a gun out and kills the guy,remember,well your the guy with the tricks and somebody needs to shut you the hell up,have a great day!
Outrage

Texarkana, TX

#194087 Dec 19, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Look honey,you look like that dead oriental on that horror show,you really need to get a new look,wait maybe you are her...CREEPY EEEK
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#194088 Dec 19, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Blaboon, Youre getting extreme. Why have you become a histrionic thespian? Everyone knows there is a deity or the possibility of one.
In your teeny tiny world I'm sure that everyone *knows* there is a deity, but for those of us who live in the big wide wonderful world of reality, and exercise reason and logic along with a huge dose of skepticism, most reject the idea of a deity, especially one as cruel and immoral as the Christian God.

Location hidden

#194089 Dec 19, 2013
River Tam wrote:
What?
Dammit woman, you heard me.

Location hidden

#194090 Dec 19, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>An Atheist REJECTS God, or Gods. All you have to do to be an Atheists is to REJECT just one God. Welcome to the wonderful guilt free world of Atheism.
Riiiiight....

And DNA didn't exist til it was discovered.

Yup
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#194091 Dec 19, 2013
Outrage wrote:
<quoted text>.
Did you ever watch the movie where Harrison Ford (Indiana)was up against the sword of the middle eastern man,he watches him do his little tricks,like the big bad man he was portraying himself as,then Harrison pulls a gun out and kills the guy,remember,well your the guy with the tricks and somebody needs to shut you the hell up,have a great day!
Ahhh, poor babieeeee, have I upset you with my superior intelect. Yeah I know, that evolution stuff is really a pain in the azz isn't it. Are you more comfortable with a mythical being scooping up some dirt, blowing on it, and having a completely formed human male magically appearing? I can post that if it makes you feel more secure. Here, here, take your little blankie, and you binkie and go take a little rest, we don't want you upset for when Santa comes, and brings you a new bible!!!

Location hidden

#194092 Dec 19, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
Just read the freaken book dude.
I have.

Ever read a Spanish translation?

My guess is that if you have, you'd probably assume God's name is Dios.

“The..”

#194093 Dec 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I have.

Ever read a Spanish translation?

My guess is that if you have, you'd probably assume God's name is Dios.
Not Spanish no. Just Portuguese, German, Latin and English. The war god's name was yaweh. His dad was el, his mom was asherah.
Outrage

Texarkana, TX

#194094 Dec 19, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh, poor babieeeee, have I upset you with my superior intelect. Yeah I know, that evolution stuff is really a pain in the azz isn't it. Are you more comfortable with a mythical being scooping up some dirt, blowing on it, and having a completely formed human male magically appearing? I can post that if it makes you feel more secure. Here, here, take your little blankie, and you binkie and go take a little rest, we don't want you upset for when Santa comes, and brings you a new bible!!!
Intellect,first you need to know how to spell it,next the pain is the pain you experience when you look in the mirror,and say why the hell do I look like the monkey that I believe I evolved from,your the damn crybaby,so take that hairy paw of yours and stick where the sun don't shine!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#194095 Dec 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
History, language, archeology, psychology, sociology AND military training...
Wow, you've accomplished do much!
You sure you're not a Topix Atheist!?
You have no clue about education do you ?

You have to take all kinds of courses far a degree.

Come over, I'll show the transcripts. I would post them on lie but you would just call me a liar again.

Be careful not to choke on those sour grapes.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#194096 Dec 19, 2013
Not sure why a retarded redneck would say I had military training. I have never been in the armed forces and never claimed to. I did work for a while in the arms industry though.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#194097 Dec 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dammit woman, you heard me.
Duck, River!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 6 min Richardfs 22,365
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 34 min wondering 342
Can atheists pray? Gretta Vosper on Andrew W.K.... 2 hr Reason Personified 2
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr Reason Personified 484
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr NightSerf 932
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 5 hr P_Smith 1
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 9 hr BeHereNow 134
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE