Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247261 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#194145 Dec 20, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
The Anti-Christ that will come out of Europe will be Gay.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
But you don't hate gays, right?
Eagle 12 wrote:
I do not hate Gays, ever.
That was love then, right - gratuitously associating evil incarnate with homosexuality? Riverside Redneck might like to know which scripture you based that on.

I'd like to know who taught you to think like that, or to post such things. What was the source? My guess would be the church, both directly and indirectly.

But perhaps I am mistaken. Maybe you got that from Major League Baseball. Or from watching Two and a Half Men. Or maybe it was on a flyer from Domino's Pizza.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#194146 Dec 20, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>

There is also (at least mathematically) the possibility of an infinite number of infinite such spatial volumes...
No.

There is no such possibility.

Actual infinity does not and cannot exist.

What is the actual number of spatial volumes just prior to infinite?

Whatever it is, add one. It's still finite. Add another. It is still finite. Add another. It is still finite. Continue as long as you like - the result is finite. It will always be so.

Your problem is a common one among materialists. You think because something results from theoretical math, it is therefore real.

Get over your religion.

"Actual infinity does not exist. What we call infinite is only the endless possibility of creating new objects no matter how many exist already"

-French mathematician Henri Poincare

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#194147 Dec 20, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
"Homophobia" is a meaningless word fabricated for political purposes.
Is that the latest excuse for blatant bigotry?

Location hidden

#194148 Dec 20, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
That was love then, right - gratuitously associating evil incarnate with homosexuality? Riverside Redneck might like to know which scripture you based that on.
I'd like to know who taught you to think like that, or to post such things. What was the source? My guess would be the church, both directly and indirectly.
But perhaps I am mistaken. Maybe you got that from Major League Baseball. Or from watching Two and a Half Men. Or maybe it was on a flyer from Domino's Pizza.
I think the antiChrist will come from Auburn.

Can't prove it. It's just a hunch.

I also theorize Eckhart Tolle is Jesus reincarnated. Also just a hunch.

Fennario

#194149 Dec 20, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
Marriage is a institution that is being mirrored as it was before Noah’s flood.
Here's a primer on the biblical conception of marriage from Betty Bowers with some excerpts included below.

"In the beginning of time, say 6000 years ago, God created one man and one woman. They had two children, both had penises. You might inquisitively ask,“Lord, if Adam and Eve only had boys, where did the grandchildren come from?” Trust me, you’re not going to like his reply. A Bible-based marriage is between one man, one woman, and the son she seduces after he’s killed his only brother."

"Quick, what’s the Lord’s favorite way to punish a man who rapes an unmarried virgin? Anyone? Marriage! Yes, a Bible-based marriage is between one woman and her rapist!"

"So what do you do if you run out of close relatives or servants to marry? Well, the rather crafty Lord has a fabulous tip – just drive over to the nearest town and murder everyone who either has a penis or has seen one. Then just round up all the virgins who are left. Of course, you don’t need to take a big truck if you try this in, say, America. A Bible-based marriage is between one man, a gal who’s kidnapped and raped right after her mother, brother, and slutty sister are slaughtered."

"King David had a fabulous collection of wives and a harem absolutely chock full of athletic concubines ... A Bible-based marriage is between one man, a woman, another woman, yet another woman, a few more women, an adulterer, and a pack of raped whores! In a galling show of one-upmanship, David’s son King Solomon had 700 wives, and because God loves to round up, 300 concubines. Which are really just live-in whores. A Bible-based marriage is between one man and, frankly, enough booty to make a Mormon compound seem quaintly understaffed."

"So, let’s recap the Lord’s idea of the perfect marriage. It is between one man and his sister, and a rapist, and a kitchen condiment, gal who’s kidnapped and raped, a few more women, an adulterer, and a pack of raped whores, 700 wives, 300 concubines, and the help, and a son who has murdered his brother. But it is NOT between one man and another man. Because, well, that would be immoral."

Since: Sep 10

Santiago, Chile

#194150 Dec 20, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Honesty rarely roosts in the minds of these jerks, since, as Rev Anal clearly admitted, ir does not serve their purpose.
One of their crew once bragged (sneeringly) about raising funds for his atheist group by putting a cross on his baked goods, deceiving his customers into believing that they were supporting a Christian instead of his Army of Darkness. I guess it made him feel really good about himself, playing that game.
Here's a news flash for him: Don't expect to be so popular with "them" when living your life interferes with fundraising that you line their pockets with.
Yeah, yeah, don't end with a preposition....whatever.
It's quite correct to end with a preposition, unless it makes the sentence awkward. Sometimes it's silly NOT to end with one.

Winston Churchill: That is something up with which I will not put.

Fennario

#194151 Dec 20, 2013
Outrage wrote:
It ain't necessarily so,I wish you weren't necessarily so!
I'm sure you do.

You never addressed my comment about being cheated out of your promised gifts. Just as well.

Location hidden

#194152 Dec 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Not just the pedophiles. More priests obstructed justice than diddled altar boys.
But I think we know that almost none of them will be prosecuted. There is almost no will to do so. The Vatican could have been treated the way the Mafia, NAMBLA, or a Thai sex syndicate would have been treated were it running the same operation in the US and the world. But it wasn't and probably never will be. Religion gets a pass.
<quoted text>
Sure, the rules of evidence need to be respected, and fair trials conducted. But is this really the time to be worried about innocent priests? How about innocent altar boys?
When the Catholic Church begins cooperating with law enforcement, we'll have a clearer picture of the history of these priests and will be in a better position to decide which are guilty. Without that, the process may be less efficient. Innocent priests can take that up with the Church.
And really, how many are innocent? How many haven't turned their back on a known or suspected problem?
Would you be warning us not to be overly zealous in prosecuting the Mafia, NAMBLA or a Thai sex syndicate molesting American boys in America?
I agree, the Vatican and all Catholic churches should be seized, all assets sold, and all the proceeds given to the poor.

The pedophilia is not their greatest atrocity.

2,000 years ago, some guy walked in and overturned tables and coins...saying something about a den of thieves.

Fennario

#194153 Dec 20, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Seen Ince, Izzard and Cox live. Ince and Cox present a science and comedy show on BBC Radio 4, maybe I've told you about it before. There are 47 .mp3s, all worth a download.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/timc
Loved Bill Hicks, shame he's gone. He was very well received in the UK. There's a little bit of him left in Denis Leary but Bill was a one off.
<quoted text>
Thanks. I'll take a listen.

Santiago, Chile

#194154 Dec 20, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>Mankind is no longer evolving because it is in decline...
http://www.livescience.com/22694-global-sperm...
...and if sperm counts keep dropping at the current rate we will be looking at our own extinction event between 400 to 500 years.
I doubt the void will give a shyt who was an atheist or not when it's all over.
Where did nano go?

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#194155 Dec 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to revisit this one....
You're saying that science didn't give me skin , nature did.
But science have the sheep it's wool.
See? That's why I say Praise Science! It gave us wool.
Tell me when did science invent skin, was it 300 or 400 thousand years ago? oh hang on, skin goes back a lot further than humans, how about in the Triassic – nope further back …

Sorry buddy there was no science in prehistoric times

However I suggest you re-read my post, notice “It did however provide methods and techniques to prepare whatever basic materials, wool, oil etc”

Science has enabled the genetic modification of sheep to provide more abundant, more easily processed wool

Location hidden

#194156 Dec 20, 2013
<quoted text>

"So, let’s recap the Lord’s idea of the perfect marriage. It is between one man and his sister, and a rapist, and a kitchen condiment, gal who’s kidnapped and raped, a few more women, an adulterer, and a pack of raped whores, 700 wives, 300 concubines, and the help, and a son who has murdered his brother.

"
Well, experts do recommend variety of experiences to keep a marriage fresh.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#194157 Dec 20, 2013
Outrage wrote:
<quoted text>.

Did you ever watch the movie where Harrison Ford (Indiana)was up against the sword of the middle eastern man,he watches him do his little tricks,like the big bad man he was portraying himself as,then Harrison pulls a gun out and kills the guy,remember,well your the guy with the tricks and somebody needs to shut you the hell up,have a great day!
Yeah. No freedom of speech for atheists.

Your arguments are just too easy to destroy.

It's not a fair fight if us atheists insist on using language.

Santiago, Chile

#194158 Dec 20, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
"Homophobia" is a meaningless word fabricated for political purposes.
"Intelligent Design" is a meaningless term fabricated for political purposes.

Gotcha, dude.

Off to check out the glaciers.

Location hidden

#194159 Dec 20, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>

Science has enabled the genetic modification of sheep to provide more abundant, more easily processed wool
No.

Science has no brain, central nervous system, or appendages for grasping.

Humans did that.

Get over your religion. And get off your knees.
virtuanna

Sherman, TX

#194160 Dec 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did nano go?
Someone elses' house. I don't log in when using other peoples devices.

#194161 Dec 20, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You can find out. Next time you have a dick in your mouth, just talk and see what it sounds like.
If RR's theory is correct, it will sound something like what you typed.
I hope this is helpful.
Honey, when I have adick in my mouth I can assure you that talk is the last thing on my mind

But hey you feel free to talk all you like while you are sucking your sonsdick. Tell me what does “shut the fook up whinging or all kick your fooking head in and don’t you fooking dare tell your mother” sound like when you are sucking your sonsdick.

Like a good godbot you never learn and like a good godbot you go round and round in circles until you meet something you don’t like, and like a good god bot you pretend it never happen and go round over (and over (and over (and over…))) again

There’s a good godbot.

Location hidden

#194162 Dec 20, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. No freedom of speech for atheists.
Your arguments are just too easy to destroy.
It's not a fair fight if us atheists insist on using language.
Since you mention language,...

it's "we atheists".

#194163 Dec 20, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
And science gave us oil, too.
Wonder why they put it so dang deep in the ground?
Must have something to do with E=mc^2.
Are you really this stupid or is it something you have to learn and practice daily?

Location hidden

#194164 Dec 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Intelligent Design" is a meaningless term fabricated for political purposes.
Gotcha, dude.
Off to check out the glaciers.
That'll teach me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 17 min DebraE 12,462
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 53 min Shizle 18
Proof of God for the Atheist 3 hr Uncle Sam 99
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... 5 hr Shizle 46
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 5 hr -Stray Dog 47,760
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 10 hr Reason Personified 14,712
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 13 hr True Christian wi... 2
More from around the web