Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255503 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#193767 Dec 18, 2013
http://www.gallup.com/poll/166535/record-high...

Gallup polls regarding biggest threat to country. Has always been big government, but has spiked quite a bit, especially Democrat years. What is surprising is the nosedive during early Bush years, post 9/11 era. Big business took the slack.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#193768 Dec 18, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you would make fun of them if they believed horoscopes had any relevancy in their lives.
You don't know what I'd do.

BTW thanks for all the peanuts. That's a fitting Xmas gift from a monkey.

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#193769 Dec 18, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You know damn well what I meant, Lintball.
It's obvious he's a poofter.
Nothing wrong with that. But I think Mrs Dawkins would disagree.
LCNLin

United States

#193770 Dec 18, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>FYI
What is Evolution?
Evolution is simply stated as change over time. Languages, societies, and knowledge all have the ability to evolve. In Biology, evolution refers to the change of genetic traits over time.
[ References: Wikipedia: Evolution ]
What is Natural Selection?
Natural Selection is one of the mechanisms which drives evolution. It is popularly characterized as "survival of the fittest," though that is not always the most accurate description. It is the tendency for life forms which are best suited to their environments to have a better chance to reproduce than those that are not. For example, in a cold environment, an animal with lots of fur is more likely to reproduce than a bald animal, since the bald animals will die more quickly.
In which way

does this prove

your atheist philosophy?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#193771 Dec 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/166 535/record-high-say-big-govern ment-greatest-threat.aspx?utm_ source=alert&utm_medium=em ail&utm_campaign=syndicati on&utm_content=morelink &utm_term=All
Gallup polls regarding biggest threat to country. Has always been big government, but has spiked quite a bit, especially Democrat years. What is surprising is the nosedive during early Bush years, post 9/11 era. Big business took the slack.
How we need another Reagan.:--)

Location hidden

#193772 Dec 18, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>FYI
What is Evolution?
Evolution is simply stated as change over time. Languages, societies, and knowledge all have the ability to evolve. In Biology, evolution refers to the change of genetic traits over time.
Natural Selection is one of the mechanisms which drives evolution. It is popularly characterized as "survival of the fittest," though that is not always the most accurate description. It is the tendency for life forms which are best suited to their environments to have a better chance to reproduce than those that are not. For example, in a cold environment, an animal with lots of fur is more likely to reproduce than a bald animal, since the bald animals will die more quickly.
That's funny.

The theory of evolution is you holy grail, but you can't even describe what it is.

Even after you google it.
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#193773 Dec 18, 2013
His wife was in Doctor Who, was married to Doctor Who and is a Lady.
Nano also has a title, but her title is attention w**re.
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I think ol' Dawkins has much more class than that. He wouldn't touch a missing link like yourself.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#193774 Dec 18, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
In which way
does this prove
your atheist philosophy?
Notice how I never respond to your idiocy!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#193775 Dec 18, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny.
The theory of evolution is you holy grail, but you can't even describe what it is.
Even after you google it.
Pissoffloser
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#193776 Dec 18, 2013
Buck denies infinity can exist and posted the circumference of a circle is pi r squared.

Buck is far from the full ticket.
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Pissoffloser
LCNLin

United States

#193777 Dec 18, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Pissoffloser
We all noticed how You DO NOT RESPOND :-)

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#193778 Dec 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
His wife was in Doctor Who, was married to Doctor Who and is a Lady.
Nano also has a title, but her title is attention w**re.
<quoted text>
Thanks for the info.
:D

Merry Yule!

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#193779 Dec 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Saturn is the god Christine celebrates around Christmas time.
Strange act for an atheist....
So is calling one a satanic witch, a strange act that is but you're right, Atheists mock all non existent gods equally, more or less, sometimes.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#193780 Dec 18, 2013
In some secular countries (I live in one WOO FOOKIN' HOO!), season's greetings incorporates the xmas holiday, new years and the fact that it's school and work holidays for a large chunk of summer, it's a happy time that as 'pagan heathens' we have every right to celebrate.

Just, calling it the birth of the jesus is not only inaccurate and ridiculous but it's also a big fat lie, like santa.

Hope this helps :)

Location hidden

#193781 Dec 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Buck denies infinity can exist and posted the circumference of a circle is pi r squared.
Buck is far from the full ticket.
<quoted text>
That' it?

I posted area instead of circumference, and I'm right on infinity.

Heavy stuff, Moron.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#193782 Dec 18, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>"Anyone who becomes seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that there is a spirit manifest in the laws of the universe, a spirit vastly superior to that of man." - Albert Einstein
Not many topix atheists are seriously involved.
How "long" is YOUR wave? ooh Nano
xD
Im curious to know if topix atheists have been honest enough to have a small chapter in their handbook which states, Upon the day of the rapture or after our demise , evidence will be deemed provided .

Location hidden

#193783 Dec 18, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
In some secular countries (I live in one WOO FOOKIN' HOO!), season's greetings incorporates the xmas holiday, new years and the fact that it's school and work holidays for a large chunk of summer, it's a happy time that as 'pagan heathens' we have every right to celebrate.
Just, calling it the birth of the jesus is not only inaccurate and ridiculous but it's also a big fat lie, like santa.
Hope this helps :)
It's called a celebration of his birthday. That's because nobody knows the exact date.

This hurts you how?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#193784 Dec 18, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Im curious to know if topix atheists have been honest enough to have a small chapter in their handbook which states, Upon the day of the rapture or after our demise , evidence will be deemed provided .
I was just thumbing through my copy of our handbook, so I'll check. Rapture...Rapture...Rapture... demise...demise - uhm, no. I'll talk to some people about this first thing tomorrow morning.

Location hidden

#193785 Dec 18, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just thumbing through my copy of our handbook, so I'll check. Rapture...Rapture...Rapture... demise...demise - uhm, no. I'll talk to some people about this first thing tomorrow morning.
Check with Gym, he would know.

Or ChristineMC^2.

They have the unabridged copies.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#193786 Dec 18, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>FYI
What is Evolution?
We are in agreement. Evolution, is change over time has indeed occurred in languages, cultures, and mankind’s knowledge. It’s even more obvious in microbiology.

I don’t rule out Natural selection as having something to do with evolution over time. Such as the special dog breeding that has occurred over the last 200 years.

Evolution occurs as one makes the attempt to climb Mt. Everest. The body has to acclimatize to the higher elevations. That means the body is changing it’s red blood count to make the adjustment.

Where we stand in disagreement is how mankind came into being. You say and believe it has been all evolution from the very beginning. And that man evolved from primates or the tree of primates.

I believe a certain amount of evolution has occurred as I just mentioned. However I believe man was purposely designed and created. Engineered to be more specific. Other plants and animals I also believe were engineered such as the Venus Fly Trap.

Other animals such as the small hopping insect Issus coleoptratus. It was designed with toothed gears to precisely synchronize the kicks of its hind legs as it jumps forward. We are talking here mechanical gears on a insect.

What I don’t know, was there were prototypes of mankind as God worked on his project? I can’t answer that but this I do know. I believe there was a supreme designer and engineer responsible for all life on the earth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 min ChristineM 14,882
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min DanFromSmithville 34,566
News How 'new atheists' are just as dangerous as the... 40 min ATHEOI 110
News Millionaire Entrepreneur Wants to 'Make Atheism... 2 hr Lawrence Wolf 396
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 5 hr ChristineM 20,053
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 10 hr emperorjohn 4,468
News Your atheism isn&#x27;t going to keep your... (Apr '14) 10 hr emperorjohn 168
More from around the web