Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#193585 Dec 18, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Anti-Christ that will come out of Europe will be Gay.
That should make you happy because if you are alive when he makes his grand appearance. You’ll get the chance to worship him.
.. there it is folks ..

GAY = Demonic

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#193586 Dec 18, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's very kind of you to say.
<quoted text>
Describing somebody as a married bachelor,or in any other mutually exclusive terms. If you describe something that actually exists this way, you have made a mistake.
Then there's a mistake when atheists claim the nonexistence of God because they claim He's both prefect and imperfect.

Yes/no

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#193587 Dec 18, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am honouring a belief, do you have a problem with that, christian?
Fine. You are honoring a belief by cebrating a god.

No matter how you word jumble it, it's a strange thing for an atheist to do.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#193588 Dec 18, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Good post, Buck.
Maybe it's also because churches, preachers, and Christians make gay people's lives more difficult and dangerous by demeaning them, which makes them feel ashamed and guilty, and forces many to have to remain closeted from their religious family members and employers to avoid ostracism or losing a job.
Or maybe it's because churches, preachers, and Christians want to impose their religion's definition of marriage on gay people.
Or maybe it's because churches, preachers, and Christians call AIDS their god's revenge, which is the same as saying that a just and loving god deliberately creating and unleashing the AIDS virus is a just and loving act.
Whatever the crazy reason people give for why they have the perception that Christians hate gays, it's obviously just hateful anti-Christian bigotry to think such a thing about Christians. They're so misunderstood.
I agree. I might be a quibberdick on the definition of marriage being religious.

We are in sync on this, but maybe for slightly different reasons.

I consider the christian religion bigoted by definition. It's basis is exclusivity.

"We have something you don't, and it makes us better".

As I have mentioned, the church is infected with such corruption, gays are about the only people left for them to stone without getting hit with friendly fire.

Location hidden

#193590 Dec 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Gay people want to marry one another. It is unjust to deny that. Other words and definitions don't change that.
That's not really what they want. They can already have everything marriage personally provides.
Jim

London, UK

#193591 Dec 18, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a single sentence of your post is accurate, scientifically or logically.
Other than that, you did great.
From the religious fanatic who rejects the scientific fact of evolution.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#193592 Dec 18, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Universal scientific laws,
Or are you saying that your god does not abide by the fundamental laws of hydrodynamics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, probability, gravity, relativity, photonics etc that your god does not comprise of atoms, quarks, leptons or even bosons. If you are making such a claim then you have to prove your claim if you want respect for the claim.
Otherwise people with think ‘oh I see, he is making up impossible tales that discredit the universe we live in and the hard earned scientific knowledge associated with it just so that he can justify his god. this is pretty pathetic even by high standards of pathetic employed by RR.’
I would say that an omnipotent being, one that created the universe, is not bound by the universe's limitations.

I'm not discrediting the universe or the laws we've discovered, I'm discrediting your bullshit guess that E=MC2 proves omnipotence is impossible.
Jim

London, UK

#193593 Dec 18, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
For something described so, there is the possibility that it exists.
Using the description as proof of nonexistence is a logical error.
No evidence for god, no acknowledgement of scientific evidence against your religion.
Jim

London, UK

#193594 Dec 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then there's a mistake when atheists claim the nonexistence of God because they claim He's both prefect and imperfect.
Yes/no
There's no such thing as god, you're making it up and nobody is fooled here.

Location hidden

#193595 Dec 18, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sorry, you remove access to the evidence then you ask me to provide evidence? Say what?
Sorry I don’t work to your terms so here is an experiment to prove you are once again talking garbage
http://www.nist.gov/public_affairs/releases/e...
Here is proof that proves you are once again talking garbage
http://www.drphysics.com/syllabus/energy/ener...
Or I could simply have said
*** Bang ***
Think about it…
Or I could simply have turned the light switch on and said voila, Oh wait a moment, I did.
Oh is that so?. I am sure it’s not me who selectively trusts the word of bronze age goat herders and escaped slaves
I didn't see an answer to my question.

When you stated that the 4th Of July is irrelevant to most of the world, were you using anecdotal evidence?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#193596 Dec 18, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
JIim didn't catch the satire.
No, he didn't. He "corrected" you.

Lol

Praise be to Pangu.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#193597 Dec 18, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
I’m against homosexuals altering the traditional definition of marriage between men and women. A tradition has been in place since the very beginning of mankind. This opinion has nothing to do with hate. But has everything to do with an established tradition.
Your opinion has only to do with hate. You might not be feeling hatred when you repeat it, but you are spreading the message of those that most certainly did/do, and you come off as the hateful one in the eyes of people that simply can't understand why you would so selfishly deny others the happiness they deserve.

Nobody is fooled or moved by the "tradition" argument. Tradition means nothing in the face of prejudice. Slavery was an American tradition, as was denying women the vote.
Tide with Beach wrote:
That's disgustingly pathetic, even for a Christian.
I agree, and I'm sure that we are not alone. Opinions like Eagle's certainly have to do damage to his religion in the eyes of those not in it. I'm sorry he and others raised in his church's "tradition" hold such opinions, but if they do, it's good that they express them,and it's good that we censure them and their church for them..

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#193598 Dec 18, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. WOW !!..
.. are you saying that if two men are married, they would have the blessings of the Christian Church ??..
They'd have the blessings of some churches, yes.

They'd also have the blessings of millions of Christians. It's not our job to eternally judge another human being, it's God's job.

We're not all gay hating bigots. The stereotype needs to stop already.

Location hidden

#193599 Dec 18, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>

Seasons greetings?
Seasons greetings…
To most people of the world, that is irrelevant.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#193600 Dec 18, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. there it is folks ..
GAY = Demonic
From SOME Christians.

Some don't represent all.

You taught me that about gays, when I asked you about the super gays at the gay parades. You told me they're not all like that, those are just the ones that make the evening news.

Apply that thought process to Christians.

If you please.

Then make me a sammich. Tuna.
Jim

London, UK

#193601 Dec 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
They'd have the blessings of some churches, yes.
They'd also have the blessings of millions of Christians. It's not our job to eternally judge another human being, it's God's job.
We're not all gay hating bigots. The stereotype needs to stop already.
Another example of skirting blame onto an imaginary deity.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#193602 Dec 18, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as god, you're making it up and nobody is fooled here.
I see....

Ok, I'm ready to covert.

Is there a ceremony or something?

Do we have to touch tongues?
Jim

London, UK

#193603 Dec 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
From SOME Christians.
Some don't represent all.
You taught me that about gays, when I asked you about the super gays at the gay parades. You told me they're not all like that, those are just the ones that make the evening news.
Apply that thought process to Christians.
If you please.
Then make me a sammich. Tuna.
Another idiot theist who can't justifiy his inner hate and needs to hide behind religion like a coward.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#193604 Dec 18, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You say you haven't had an orgasm in 4 years?
.. actually, it's been about 15 years ..

.. I'll never forget the night my college boyfriend passed out, you wandered along and I rolled down the car window ..

.. just thinking about it makes my womanhood go thump-thump ..

Location hidden

#193605 Dec 18, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the very concept of marriage has evolved and will continue to evolve ..
.. at one time, the primary function of marriage was biological, propagation of the species. This no longer holds true ..
.. if married, part of your identify will be found in Mrs. Crick. For better or worse, you've made a commitment. Friends and family, even the government, honor and sanction your union ..
.. marriage has always been a passage into adulthood, a ritual signifying maturity, a willingness to set aside self and consider the needs of another. By marrying, you announce your intent to the world ..
.. committed gay couples are tired of saying, "We're partners." What the heck does that mean? That they're friends with benefits ??..
.. Buck, it's about the societal significance of the ritual. I don't know how to express it better ..
I think you got down to the nub of it pretty good.(no pun intended)

The issue is not of equal rights or equal protection of laws.

The issue is that gays want homosexuality endorsed, sanctioned, and regarded on equal footing with heterosexuality.

It can never have equal footing, by virtue of nature and people.

But that is the agenda. Let me be clear - I am for gays being treated with respect and dignity and, yes I'll say it,- love.

I was a bigot on this. My present attitude is an evolution for me. You, dear, had a role in it. Thank you.

I believe all people are spirits in human clothes. Those clothes are heavy and awkward for the spirit when trying to move about. They snag on things. My shoes have their holes. I should regard yours likewise.

Peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 16 min Jaimie 16,618
The Consequences of Atheism 2 hr Uncle Sam 718
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 5 hr pearl 4,764
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 15 hr Thinking 6,033
Is Religion Childish? 18 hr thetruth 136
Well that's religitards for you... Fri Thinking 1
.com | Why is Atheism on the Rise - Final Response Thu QUITTNER Feb 26 2015 2
More from around the web