Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258461 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#193709 Dec 18, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Saturn is a god? Is that the god you're always going on about? I thought it was a planet. Weird.
No.

Saturn is the god Christine celebrates around Christmas time.

Strange act for an atheist....

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#193710 Dec 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality was outlawed in the Roman third century social crisis due to effects on the civilization. Too many twinkies seeking fortune the easy way versus macho men the hard way. These were instituted under Romans that were persecuting Christians fairly vigorously.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elagabalus#Sex.2...
That led to such actions.
The network of homosexuals and homosexual predators that took root in the Catholic Church over the centuries also corrupted and weakened it. The religion didn't create them, they just took advantage of the power and burrowed into it.
Burrowed into it?

Like, just shoved themselves right up in there?

Bwaha.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#193711 Dec 18, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
In this post, Christine said Merry Christmas insults her.
In post #193648, Christine said "Merry Christmas" DOES NOT insult her.
....And both are scientifically tested and proven!
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahaahah...
And science proved both statements with mathematics.
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahhaah ahahah...
And E=mc^2
Bwahahahahahahahhah...
Maybe E=MC2 also proves that Christine's thoughts move at half the speed of smell.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#193712 Dec 18, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You're both wrong. It was slave traders in ships.
Boats.

They were in boats.

Sailboats I believe.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#193713 Dec 18, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Heck, if it was not for my deep personal convictions and strong constitution I would have succumbed to dysthymia after perusing these threads.
Pursuing is an easy word.

dysthymia?!

Hell, I just copy/pasted it lol.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#193714 Dec 18, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You lied, when you said you loved me.
And I had no cause to doubt you.
Sorry, uh...

That was the only way to get your pants off.

Location hidden

#193715 Dec 18, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/rel igion/atheism/TUGI0DVLLAKD7M2H N/p9297#
<quoted text>
That was satire from Catcher.
Tell Gym atheism is not disbelief.

I would, but I'm boycotting him.

I think conversing with such a fool is bad karma.

But you don't believe in karma. It might be bad karma for you, too. But you would not know it.

You would just think you ate some bad tamales by random accident, not by divine providence.

Or got hit by a wheel flying off a '66 volkswagon.

Or caught Alopecia Areata.

Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#193716 Dec 18, 2013
With Christmas around the corner. I believe it is wrong for Government property to display Christmas décor including nativity scenes. Government should not promote Christmas. However it’s a traditional holiday in this country and it should remain so for government employees.

Government doesn’t do this like it did 40 years ago. So progress has been made. We do need separation from Church and State.

When I say separation I’m not talking about the relinquishing individual religious rights and freedom. For example a student at a public school wearing a Christmas theme shirt or blouse shouldn’t be expelled from school or disciplined. But these kinds of extremes we are seeing these days. And everyone should be challenged in Court.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#193717 Dec 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Pursuing is an easy word.
dysthymia?!
Hell, I just copy/pasted it lol.
Perusing. Hurry before Catcher says something disparaging
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#193718 Dec 18, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
hit by a wheel flying off a '66 volkswagon.
Thanks, man

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#193719 Dec 18, 2013
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/12/18/grow...

"The report raises concerns that the relaxation of restrictions on marijuana, which can now be sold legally in 20 states and the District of Columbia, has been influencing use of the drug among teenagers. Health officials are concerned by the steady increase and point to what they say is a growing body of evidence that adolescent brains, which are still developing, are susceptible to subtle changes caused by marijuana."

“There is this idea that cannabis is a harmless drug,” he added,“and these findings question that.”

That is science saying that, not just old Dave.

Westcliffe, CO

#193720 Dec 18, 2013
http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2013/12...

Typical Clinton liberal demonizing opposition to their seeking world domination.

Waco. Serbia. And the list goes on.

Location hidden

#193721 Dec 18, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
With Christmas around the corner. I believe it is wrong for Government property to display Christmas décor including nativity scenes. Government should not promote Christmas. However it’s a traditional holiday in this country and it should remain so for government employees.
Government doesn’t do this like it did 40 years ago. So progress has been made. We do need separation from Church and State.
When I say separation I’m not talking about the relinquishing individual religious rights and freedom. For example a student at a public school wearing a Christmas theme shirt or blouse shouldn’t be expelled from school or disciplined. But these kinds of extremes we are seeing these days. And everyone should be challenged in Court.
You're saying government should not promote Christmas by displaying nativity scenes.

But government observes Christmas as a federal holiday.

That is promoting it.

And there's nothing wrong at all with government promoting it.

Our government chiseled biblical verses all over the capital.

There is no constitutional barrier to promoting religion in general, or Christianity in particular.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#193722 Dec 18, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
[printing out your response]
[reading it]
Thank you my good Doctor for your thoughtful response.
I bet we can score two points with it.
[wading up the Doctors response]
[aiming for the trash]
[throwing]
2 pts!!!!!!!!!
[tipping hat]
You ignore my logic and how I debunked Lanes lame ass assertions, much the same way you ignore the scientific facts concerning evolution. Whats it like living in that teeny tiny room?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#193723 Dec 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Two on the previous page.
Nine on that page.
Two plus nine does not equal five.
Dumb ass.
There are two posts dated 2010 at the bottom of page 354, 10 posts dated 2010 on page 355. Now, assuming you can add those figures (I'm beginning to have my doubts) you will have 12 posts for all of 2010. You have elevated misinterpretation to high art.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#193724 Dec 18, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
There are two posts dated 2010 at the bottom of page 354, 10 posts dated 2010 on page 355. Now, assuming you can add those figures (I'm beginning to have my doubts) you will have 12 posts for all of 2010. You have elevated misinterpretation to high art.
If anyone wonders what we're talking about, save for twelve posts, the entire year 2010 has been erased from this thread.

Westcliffe, CO

#193725 Dec 18, 2013
http://www.skeptiko.com/233-mary-rodwell-extr...

Some interesting insights in that.

Had to laugh when she described a technique where she wanted immediate impressions instead of thinking about it. I can picture her hypnotizing a Topic atheist and getting into their mind, and then asking what they saw.

"Oh, nothing" would have to be a consistent reply.

Location hidden

#193726 Dec 18, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>

You have elevated misinterpretation to high art.
Would you like to see me elevate whoopin' your ass to a high art?

Al's Salami.

Location hidden

#193727 Dec 18, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>

Thanks, man
Al's Salami.

Since: Sep 10

Santiago, Chile

#193728 Dec 18, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, it still is.
What's happening is the end of the institution.
That's fine with some, not with others.
Get on board, Buck, you can do it.

Institutions evolve.

Women couldn't be voters not too long ago.

Be on the right side of history.

You'll end up happier that way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 10 min Eagle 12 22,122
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... 21 min Eagle 12 200
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 55 min Dogen 51,669
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 1 hr u196533dm 5,797
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Joe Momma 24,686
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 12 hr Hedonist Heretic 1,654
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 15 hr Eagle 12 11,407
More from around the web