Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
185,161 - 185,180 of 226,570 Comments Last updated 35 min ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#192970 Dec 16, 2013
Thinking wrote:
religitard and religitarder.
<quoted text>
Because I'm not a bitch.

Enjoy your cute car.

Location hidden

#192971 Dec 16, 2013
Thinking wrote:
My friend has just had a cock extension.
Now his house looks ridiculous.
- Gary Delaney
I bought a cock.

The guy at the cock store said it wouldn't grow very big.

But now that cock takes up too much room.

ima hafta build a bigger cage.

The hens don't complain, but he's still a teenager...

Location hidden

#192972 Dec 16, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
Around here we just say "thare" for all of 'em.
Is that what y'uns say?

We could try it the text way.

thr thr and thr.

Easy huh?

Location hidden

#192973 Dec 16, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
I think your car was fabricated. It doesn't exist.
And if you call it a married bachelor, it for sure doesn't exist.
Welcome to Topix. It doesn't exist either. Moron.
Also, if we were to call his cute car both A and non-A then that means it doesn't exist either.

But since it was fabricated after 1869, it has DNA.

Oh, the joys of Topix Atheist! logic.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#192974 Dec 16, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the power of a forum like this: Each of is a living example of the power of our respective philosophies to mold and shape people. Mine values learning, contemplation, compassion ...and burning Christian churches. Yours prefers you to be shown only what it wants you to see, to not think for yourself, and to attack when you feel that your god is not being respected.
There, fixed that for you.

Don't bother bitching, you and your crew have been doing that to your enemies' posts since day1 of Topixland. Hypocrite.
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#192975 Dec 16, 2013
I thought I'd pretend to be a fuckwit who only knows one possible definition of a word.
Seems like you and Buck don't want to share.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said my car was caused by a fabrication.
You really are an idiot.
Please, for the love of Pete, read afucking sentence properly.
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#192976 Dec 16, 2013
I do.

My Caterham Se7en is pretty cute too. Why would you want an ugly car?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy your cute car.

Since: Sep 10

Santiago, Chile

#192977 Dec 16, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me the provision of the Constitution violated by teaching Intelligent Design.
And the judge's decision is not legally binding anywhere but the middle district of Pennsylvania.
So cite the passage in the Constitution that is violated.
I'm dying to see it.
The First Amendment.

And don't argue with me about this.

I know that you know that I know.
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#192978 Dec 16, 2013
The judiciary works like X factor in redneck's world.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Promoted?

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#192979 Dec 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I'm not a bitch.
Enjoy your cute car.
You should have said, "Because I'm not effeminate." Turd.

Don't make me bitch slap you all across Topixgeddon. xD

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#192980 Dec 16, 2013
Thinking wrote:
If a bunch of small cars are effectively as competent as each other, why wouldn't you prefer the cute one?
<quoted text>
You're car has been declared legally incompetent.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#192981 Dec 16, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It's hardly ambiguous when telling someone to seize the opportunity to be free when it presents itself.
1 Corinthians 7:21-23
The verse is telling people not to be ashamed of the circumstances they are living in but to feel free and "be"as free as they can, not feel burdened by their current state "of" being.
We are not meant to be slaves of men, but shyt happens. The only thing we have that is truly ours is our minds and letting somebody rule that is revolting, lazy.
.. yes, the mind can be free but with slavery, the body is imprisoned. Does the body have a mind or does the mind have a body ??..

.. humans continue to indulge in self imposed ego systems. Christians call it Christ living within via the Holy Ghost.. Atheists call it a rational, personal system based on integrity and compassion. Hindus say, "None but a god can worship a god." To worship any god, humans must find spiritual principles in their god (ego)..

.. this obsession with self (ego) and beliefs (more ego) has created exploding narcissism and is an odious danger to worldwide problems. One simply has to look at the battle between Jews, Christianity and Islam to clearly see the picture ..

.. yes, some portions of the bible contain moral imperatives. If you eliminate the interpretation of clerics seeking power, the bible actually encourages humans to find their own meaning to the parables, the mysteries of life, the shedding of ego ..

.. in the past, all civilizations have been grounded in myth that operate in the same mode: good -vs- evil based on the experiences of the people in a particular community, at a particular time and place, all bound to cultural restraints ..

.. we are entering an era where the willingness to die for beliefs (ego) must be addressed. I strongly believe this is the next step in evolution and it starts with you, me and everyone else on this thread ..

Since: Sep 10

Santiago, Chile

#192982 Dec 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
tee hee
yer silly
Silly goose.
I missed that post from nano.

Tell her it's on my list.

One injustice at a time.

Location hidden

#192984 Dec 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Promoted?
Yes, promoted.

Unless you think an attorney is above a judge...

Location hidden

#192985 Dec 16, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You should have said, "Because I'm not effeminate." Turd.
You seem like you are effluent.

Location hidden

#192986 Dec 16, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You should have said, "Because I'm not effeminate." Turd.
Si.

You are correct, young handmaiden.

That would've been more appropriate.

Gimme another chance, ya?

Location hidden

#192987 Dec 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed that post from nano.
Tell her it's on my list.
One injustice at a time.
Listen, don't enlist me to list her on you list.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#192988 Dec 16, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Refusing to Google it yourself doesn't make it not true.
http://www.stopbullying.gov/respond/be-more-t...
"Be more than a bystander" and "Help them get away" is a good way to get an ass kicking and/or be harrassed themselves, all the way until graduation day.
Most teachers ignore bullying and will likely continue to do so. Kids already know they can't look to their teachers for protection is why many never even tell their parents about it. They figure there's no way out except trying to avoid the bully as long as possible, to endure, quietly. The PBS ads are pure BS!
.. by chance, are you an educator ??..

Location hidden

#192989 Dec 16, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I thought I'd pretend to be a fuckwit who only knows one possible definition of a word.
Seems like you and Buck don't want to share.
<quoted text>
Breaking news:

You're not a pretend fuckwit.

Location hidden

#192990 Dec 16, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yes, the mind can be free but with slavery, the body is imprisoned. Does the body have a mind or does the mind have a body ??..
.. humans continue to indulge in self imposed ego systems. Christians call it Christ living within via the Holy Ghost.. Atheists call it a rational, personal system based on integrity and compassion. Hindus say, "None but a god can worship a god." To worship any god, humans must find spiritual principles in their god (ego)..
.. this obsession with self (ego) and beliefs (more ego) has created exploding narcissism and is an odious danger to worldwide problems. One simply has to look at the battle between Jews, Christianity and Islam to clearly see the picture ..
.. yes, some portions of the bible contain moral imperatives. If you eliminate the interpretation of clerics seeking power, the bible actually encourages humans to find their own meaning to the parables, the mysteries of life, the shedding of ego ..
.. in the past, all civilizations have been grounded in myth that operate in the same mode: good -vs- evil based on the experiences of the people in a particular community, at a particular time and place, all bound to cultural restraints ..
.. we are entering an era where the willingness to die for beliefs (ego) must be addressed. I strongly believe this is the next step in evolution and it starts with you, me and everyone else on this thread ..
All right. Sign me up.

Nice work, Nappy Leghairs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Dak-Original 21,530
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 7 hr Thinking 5,921
The Ultimate Evidence of God 11 hr James 68
The myth of the angry atheist 23 hr _Bad Company 3
Our world came from nothing? Mon Patrick 436
It seems there are more Atheists in the Christi... (Jun '13) Mon Patrick 13
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom Sat religionislies 58
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••