Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 238467 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Jim

London, UK

#192649 Dec 15, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, because the principle is that all citizens are of the same Creator, and enjoy the same protections, whether they personally believe the same or differently. There is no accompanying requirement to believe anything. Freedom of conscience.
Its not a principle, its a delusion based on no evidence. A principle has to have substance and religion has none.
Jim

London, UK

#192650 Dec 15, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
So man is not nature?
That's brilliant. Simply brilliant.
Its no wonder you believe in god, with a mind that thinks up such deliberately idiotic conclusions.
Jim

London, UK

#192651 Dec 15, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you leave off the subtitle?
Why do you deny evolution?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#192652 Dec 15, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religion doesn't have any facts on its side, funny how you try so hard to make it seem important.
You are copying these posts, progressing straight down a list of atheist comments for Christians from some stupid book you have.

The giveaway is that you just copy them in for whatever response, not even checking to see who or what you are responding to.

It's not clever. It is not even intelligent.
Jim

London, UK

#192653 Dec 15, 2013
In common circles buck, they call this 'your ass being handed to you'.
Jim

London, UK

#192654 Dec 15, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I predict your next post will be similar to this one.
You have an underactive mind. I suggest getting an education.
Jim

London, UK

#192655 Dec 15, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are copying these posts...drool, drip drip drip.
Sorry, but your religious crap has failed here today. Better buck next time.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#192657 Dec 15, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not a principle, its a delusion based on no evidence. A principle has to have substance and religion has none.
You leave me no choice.

The Buck Cone of Silence is now lowered on you.

Get as loud and stupid as you like, English Beaver Teeth.

You can't gnaw your way out.

No more soup for you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jim

London, UK

#192658 Dec 15, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are copying these posts, progressing straight down a list of atheist comments for Christians from some stupid book you have.
The giveaway is that you just copy them in for whatever response, not even checking to see who or what you are responding to.
It's not clever. It is not even intelligent.
Every comment I make is certified as fresh as a baked bread. Scared now buck?
Jim

London, UK

#192659 Dec 15, 2013
Your word salad is no match for my one line retorts.
Jim

London, UK

#192660 Dec 15, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You leave me no choice.
No more soup for you.
Another five lines of instant bollocks from a defeated religious loudmouth. Its too easy buck.
Jim

London, UK

#192661 Dec 15, 2013
Bring your mates Dave, bongo & number4 so I can smack em one too buck.
Jim

London, UK

#192662 Dec 15, 2013
Whats the matter buck? keep gargling that jesus juice and maybe something will come out?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#192663 Dec 15, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Would you fix me.......... an americano
$65 dollars at the Fairfield Animal Hospital.

Spay or Neuter?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#192664 Dec 15, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You leave me no choice.
No more soup for you.
Just curious, what was your major at 'Bama?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#192665 Dec 15, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
.[7] Deuteronomy 22 - "28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[c] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives."
Rape a women, you must marry her - her consent is irrelevant - and all is well. No concern is shown here for the victim, who is punished by having to marry her attacker. Women were viewed as property ("you break it, you bought it").
First off none of this is practiced in Hebrew society anymore. 2. Christians view the Old through the lens of the New. You must think these ancients should operate in accordance with 21st century American values when they lived 3000+ years ago. Completely different circumstances, customs. How stupid is that. You quote Deut. 22:28 and ignore the fact v.25 carries with it the death sentence for rapist. There are two explicit examples of rape in the Old and in both cases the rapists were killed. Rape of Dinah in Gen.34 and the rape of Tamar in 2 Sam. 13. Non virgins were not considered marriage material. Females had few options. The rapist was stuck taking care of the female for the rest of her life. Even if she hated him, he had to take care of her.
======
Now your faith has you defending rape as well as slavery.
IN your dreams Mr. copy paste.
I realize that this is not of your choosing. You just wanted to be a good guy and do the right thing, which you were told was to have faith in a god, not argue in support rape and slavery. But look at what that choice requires of you to defend.
You are a biblical illiterate who is spoon fed from hostile websites. You do not care about rape or pre arranged marriages which was common back then and is common today in parts of the world. Are they rapists also? Can you name the two examples of slave revolt from the Old? You only desire is to bash scripture. Besides all that being atheist you have no objective basis to whine about any of this.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#192666 Dec 15, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying that horseshit is smarter than you?
Iím not the one claiming atheism is a lack of belief. Itís not my argument but that of one of your compadres.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#192667 Dec 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing.
Rational people don't get on here and rant against something they can't know is true or not, nor against the vast majority of human beings belief in such.
But you do.
You believe there is a conspiracy that has been ruunign for thousand fo years to make people dumb. Except yourself of course, and those few that agree with you.
You're a special pathology, oops, sorry, I meant group of intelligent people, that know the REAL TRUTH, aren't you?
Today you will liberate Topixland, tomorrow the world. Then to infinity and beyond!
<snicker>
We are a special group of people who tried to tell you....
There ain't no talking snakes or magic fruits responsible for humanities current predicament.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#192668 Dec 15, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Your bible says horrible things about disabled people.
<quoted text>
Especially when Jesus healed them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#192669 Dec 15, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You leave me no choice.
No more soup for you.
It is interesting how his pathology convinces himself that his shouting from his manual of neo-atheism that he is handing you your ass on a platter. This is common among that group.

These forums are really an interesting development. Once upon a time you had to wait for the mentally ill to commit an act to reveal themselves. Now mental health professionals can monitor forums and target those that need some intervention.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Brian_G 18,907
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Thinking 6,728
Is God a Perfect Being? 6 hr hpcaban 3
introvert and an atheist 8 hr 10uhsee 1
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 9 hr thetruth 2,107
News .com | What hope is there without God? 12 hr Thinking 6
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Tue spellmeout 14,657
More from around the web