Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Jim

London, UK

#192464 Dec 15, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I know science is real. It is a field of study.
Thats a good start.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#192465 Dec 15, 2013
Jim wrote:
Science separates delusional trash, from evidence based knowledge, which makes him your god.
Science lets you post in this forum and use a computer today, so I trust Science is real and your god is not.
That's odd.

My computer says it was made by a company called "Apple".

The CEO of Apple is a guy named Tim Cook.

I think you and I should contact Mr. Cook and let him know that "Science" is making computers and putting his company's name on them.

That is product infringement, and it is illegal.

They won multiple millions from a company called Samsung for that very act.

Thank you, Shit-for-Brains, for bringing this to my attention.

There might be a reward.
Bongo

Coram, NY

#192466 Dec 15, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
I have every right to question your empty threats on my decaying dead body.
You cannot sell me religious fear, because I don't fear death.
Stop prevaricating, nobody is selling, its a free gift from God. Its unfortunate you don't fear God. Your pseudo courage is fleeting. Your anti process cant change what will happen.
Jim

London, UK

#192467 Dec 15, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's odd.
My computer says it was made by a company called "Apple".
The CEO of Apple is a guy named Tim Cook.
I think you and I should contact Mr. Cook and let him know that "Science" is making computers and putting his company's name on them.
That is product infringement, and it is illegal.
They won multiple millions from a company called Samsung for that very act.
Thank you, Shit-for-Brains, for bringing this to my attention.
There might be a reward.
Your feeble attempts to change the subject away from your Christian denial of science are amusing :)

Since: Jun 13

Joondalup WA

#192468 Dec 15, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Why do people with no evidence of there being no God think they are scoring points?. Notwithstanding including but not limited to billions of believers ,myriad anecdotal evidence , preponderance of evidence, a greatly blessed nation under God , a best selling book 2000 years running and a minority rouge group called atheists and those bearing the dubious contemporaneous atheist/agnostic moniker , who keep yammering vehemently about something that they claim doesn't exist.
Atheism is simply the absence of belief . Based on what I have read, researched and critically analysed myself, I don't believe there was more to the bible than a story written by primitive folk, with questionable anecdotes. There is no empirical evidence of a god or the supernatural, Just faith by believers. I'm Atheist because of the lack of evidence.

Masoretic texts, the canon of scripture from where the Hebrew bible came was the inspiration for the editions leading to the New Testament. It is interesting to research because it had altered quite a bit from the Hebrew Bible.
There were many gods believed to exist predating the bible.
We have come along way in two thousand years with education about our world. I'm not convinced that billions of believers necessarily make it so .
I'm not here to put down believers, I agree there are idiots who try to point score, its pathetic and it prevents people having a rational discussion .
Bongo

Coram, NY

#192469 Dec 15, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot threaten me with the passage of time. I am aware I will age and die eventually like all do.
The question is, can you really scare me into denying science, without any evidence?
The truth is based on love, not fear. The operation of God, his way of doing things, whether you approve or not, is FAITH. Stop barking at the moon with demands for evidence. The only evidence will come from your heart.

Location hidden

#192470 Dec 15, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
You're telling us that a contract written in 1776 by a politician who renounced Christianity after writing it, is proof of god?
I hope they look after you in that padded cell.
No, I told you none of that.

Are you hearing voices in your head?

Do this.

Go to Lowe's and buy a pressure washer. Preferably 400 psi or higher. Hook your garden hose to it, fill it with gas, and crank it.

Stick the end of the wand in your ear and squeeze the trigger.

When the brown water running out your asshole turns clear, you will know your head is cleansed.

It will probably take several minutes. Be patient.
Jim

London, UK

#192471 Dec 15, 2013
There's this subject you need to know if you work at Apple. Its called Computer Science. Weird that, huh?
Jim

London, UK

#192472 Dec 15, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Stop prevaricating, nobody is selling, its a free gift from God. Its unfortunate you don't fear God. Your pseudo courage is fleeting. Your anti process cant change what will happen.
With gifts, its supposed to be thought that counts. And that's what's absent from religion.
Bongo

Coram, NY

#192473 Dec 15, 2013
Jim wrote:
Religious people think that putting their irrationality into a box labelled "spiritual" somehow makes it less irrational to outsiders.
That's the power of the Gospel. It frustrates you doesn't it?
Jim

London, UK

#192474 Dec 15, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> The truth is based on love, not fear. The operation of God, his way of doing things, whether you approve or not, is FAITH. Stop barking at the moon with demands for evidence. The only evidence will come from your heart.
I'm sorry, but I just can't deny science and accept religious stupidity at the same time.

Location hidden

#192475 Dec 15, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be saying that they didn't mean that, "the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion," when they wrote it. Are you saying that those people would write anything into a political document necessary to appease religious zealots?
They did mean it. The U.S. government was not founded "on the Christian religion", or any other religion.

But it was founded on a belief, specifically, the belief that our rights are endowed by God.

The treaty was a response to the Barbary states' misconception that the Americans had formed a government with an established religion.

The treaty says nothing different than the First Amendment.
Bongo

Coram, NY

#192476 Dec 15, 2013
sequitur wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is simply the absence of belief . Based on what I have read, researched and critically analysed myself, I don't believe there was more to the bible than a story written by primitive folk, with questionable anecdotes. There is no empirical evidence of a god or the supernatural, Just faith by believers. I'm Atheist because of the lack of evidence.
Masoretic texts, the canon of scripture from where the Hebrew bible came was the inspiration for the editions leading to the New Testament. It is interesting to research because it had altered quite a bit from the Hebrew Bible.
There were many gods believed to exist predating the bible.
We have come along way in two thousand years with education about our world. I'm not convinced that billions of believers necessarily make it so .
I'm not here to put down believers, I agree there are idiots who try to point score, its pathetic and it prevents people having a rational discussion .
Admittedly, youre not an atheist.
Jim

London, UK

#192477 Dec 15, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I told you none of that.
Are you hearing voices in your head?
Do this.
Go to Lowe's and buy a pressure washer. Preferably 400 psi or higher. Hook your garden hose to it, fill it with gas, and crank it.
Stick the end of the wand in your ear and squeeze the trigger.
When the brown water running out your asshole turns clear, you will know your head is cleansed.
It will probably take several minutes. Be patient.
I advise you to keep your personal hobbies to yourself and focus on repairing your reputation in this thread.

Location hidden

#192478 Dec 15, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians founded America by sending Native Americans to what they thought was god.
And sent you Redcoats back across the Atlantic with your asses full of shot.
Jim

London, UK

#192479 Dec 15, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> That's the power of the Gospel. It frustrates you doesn't it?
Denying science isn't a power, its a weakness.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#192480 Dec 15, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
We ask Atheist to lose their conceit, arrogance, narcissism, ego, vanity, self righteousness, hatefulness, bigotry and selfishness.
Atheist ask religious people to be like them with all the personality defects that are listed above. And to be closed and narrow minded. In addition to accept speculation sciences as being a fact.
Atheist also ask that religious people accept that they (believers) are less than human. Similar to the way the Naziís saw the Jews pre WWII. Atheist ask that believers give up their constitutional rights because the way they see it they have no rights.
Itís such an obvious choice. Be arrogant like you or continue with our inalienable right to freedom.
.. when you become aggressive, you fail to apply your religious ideals to the melody of contemporary life and mangle the song ..

.. your musical composition no longer functions in modern society because it does not align with the dignity of man, science or nature. It's from another era and, like an old tape recording, it's worn out and has served its purpose ..

.. yes, the bible contains clues, symbolism and rituals on how to achieve a spiritual life, what one can experience within; but, the singers are no longer age appropriate. Do you believe you're a member of the chosen group because you have Jesus? Do Muslims believe they're members of the chosen group because they have Allah? How about atheism and science, do they have all the answers, the truth? Do you hear the division stanza ??..

.. we're killing the song ..
Bongo

Coram, NY

#192481 Dec 15, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
With gifts, its supposed to be thought that counts. And that's what's absent from religion.

"Glory to God in highest heaven, and peace on earth to those with whom God is pleased."
Remember, without faith you cannot please God. It is written.

Location hidden

#192482 Dec 15, 2013
Jim wrote:
In the 1700s its was "believe in the bible - or die!"
In 2013 its "jesus loves you - or die!"
You have found a choice that allows you to not die?

I want to hear about it.

What is it - holistic medicine? Zija?

The suspense is "killing" me.

Bwahahahaha...
Bongo

Coram, NY

#192483 Dec 15, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but I just can't deny science and accept religious stupidity at the same time.
If you put your trust in man ahead of God that's your error. Science and man is extremely limited. God can operate outside of our known laws. Its a big universe out there

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 8 min NightSerf 1,001
Islam for peace, or violence? 27 min Larry 23
Man center of the universe. 55 min Thinking 85
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Dak-Original 22,978
Razer and Ben Affleck take on the atheists Fri Thinking 6
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Oct 16 Mikko 1,401
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... Oct 16 tha Professor 146

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE