Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#192565 Dec 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no excuse for slavery.
Someone is supporting the slave trade in California.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#192566 Dec 15, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
I recommend against a nation following your idea of rights coming from people.
I recommend the opposite. Calling the rights natural, objective, or god-given elevates them to a status beyond questioning
Buck Crick wrote:
When this occurs, law is what the people with the most power can impose on the ones without it.
That has always been true and always will be.

You need people of a certain temperament and value system in charge for a society to flourish. I recommend against choosing faith based thinkers with ancient systems. I think the humanists do a much better job.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#192567 Dec 15, 2013
davy wrote:
More family values from the sick book.
Deuteronomy 22:28-29
New International Version (NIV)
28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[a] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.
This only applies if the rape doesn't happen in a city, otherwise they are both to be killed. The bible makes me want to puke!
This is what it really says,

Deuteronomy 22:28-29
King James Version (KJV)

28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;

29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

I'm not going to try and explain it to you because I don't speak Goat.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#192568 Dec 15, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who those people are, Atheists have evidence that there's no god, its called evolution.
Since you know all the answers. How did life start on the Earth. I want facts not speculation.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#192569 Dec 15, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry to belittle your near death experience by calling it a monkey tripping on acid.
However, the moment you came to, and started babbling about how almost dying has personal meaning to you and significance, this was the moment you should have been slapped into reality.
They should have grabbed you by the ears and shouted in your face "No, you f*cking idiot, you've just been in an accident and have brain trauma. The human mind is a complicated washing machine of emotions, realities and thoughts. You did not meet god, you were tripping out and need to sit the f*ck down and recover from your accident son. Cos that's what the brain does when it goes through extreme experiences. You make the meaning yourself you twit."
And then you wouldn't even be in this forum you'd be moving on with your life. F*ck people get paid to deliver these types of ephiphanys and you're getting it for free in an Atheism forum...
.. until you can define consciousness, your assertions are meaningless ..
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#192570 Dec 15, 2013
sequitur wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is simply the absence of belief . Based on what I have read, researched and critically analysed myself, I don't believe there was more to the bible than a story written by primitive folk, with questionable anecdotes. There is no empirical evidence of a god or the supernatural, Just faith by believers. I'm Atheist because of the lack of evidence.
Masoretic texts, the canon of scripture from where the Hebrew bible came was the inspiration for the editions leading to the New Testament. It is interesting to research because it had altered quite a bit from the Hebrew Bible.
There were many gods believed to exist predating the bible.
We have come along way in two thousand years with education about our world. I'm not convinced that billions of believers necessarily make it so .
I'm not here to put down believers, I agree there are idiots who try to point score, its pathetic and it prevents people having a rational discussion .
"Atheism is simply the absence of belief."

That’s significant because a fresh steaming pile of horse sh*t lacks belief too.

Fennario

#192571 Dec 15, 2013
Jim wrote:
Its around christmas when the religious get jumpy tougher to keep the myth going. Especially when the kids know santa isn't real.
Maybe you'd like a few urban American Christmas Carols to brighten your day:

7. Jingle Bell Glock
6. O Lil' Kim of Bethlehem
5. We Wish You a Ludacrismas
4. All I Want for Christmas is My Two Gold Teeth
3. Violent Night
2. Police Navidad

and number 1 ...

1. Whose Kid Is This, Bitch?!?

With Established Harem

#192572 Dec 15, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just copy paste crap from a hostile site and you did not cite your source.
http://realizethelies.com/category/uncategori...
Besides this site distorts Scripture. For example.
<quoted text> It does not say sex slave. I answered this before. Under Hebrew law if he has sex with her she is no longer slave but wife.
<quoted text> It does not say they are to be raped and turned into sex slaves. You are pathetic.
.. BM, why do you refuse to debate or respond to my posts ??..

With Established Harem

#192573 Dec 15, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone is supporting the slave trade in California.
.. Eagle, why do you refuse to respond to my posts ??..

Fennario

#192574 Dec 15, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
Buck Crick wrote:
I think a ban of Richard Dawkins' publications for school children is appropriate. Allowing students to read it violates the separation of church and state.
Oh my.

You realize that they went well beyond that, do you not?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#192575 Dec 15, 2013
Jim wrote:
We keep hearing from religious trolls that 'theres no point arguing with athesits'
Yet here they are, day after day, losing to atheists, like lambs to the slaughter...
Only in your little mind.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#192576 Dec 15, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you have no evidence, you have to puff up your religious tales with size, omnipresence and magic.
Its like your small d*ck syndrome all over again, except you apply it to imaginary deities.
In science there’s

“matter & anti matter”

then of course there’s,

“it doesn’t matter.”

The third category is where your opinions fall in.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#192577 Dec 15, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry to belittle your near death experience by calling it a monkey tripping on acid.
However, the moment you came to, and started babbling about how almost dying has personal meaning to you and significance, this was the moment you should have been slapped into reality.
They should have grabbed you by the ears and shouted in your face "No, you f*cking idiot, you've just been in an accident and have brain trauma. The human mind is a complicated washing machine of emotions, realities and thoughts. You did not meet god, you were tripping out and need to sit the f*ck down and recover from your accident son. Cos that's what the brain does when it goes through extreme experiences. You make the meaning yourself you twit."
And then you wouldn't even be in this forum you'd be moving on with your life. F*ck people get paid to deliver these types of ephiphanys and you're getting it for free in an Atheism forum...
Amusing.

You haven't got a clue as to what you are talking about, but you just prattle on like you do. You must have read the neo-atheist manual.

Get familiar with finality.

Or live your life life like a developing turd that gets flushed. Waste product after others have used your energies for their purposes.

But you fancy yourself an enlightened intellectual.

Very amusing.
Jim

UK

#192578 Dec 15, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In science there’s
“matter & anti matter”
then of course there’s,
“it doesn’t matter.”
The third category is where your opinions fall in.
That's the most ignorant science joke I've ever heard. Well done.
Jim

UK

#192579 Dec 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your threats are like your faith - hollow and weak.
Jim

UK

#192580 Dec 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing.
You haven't got a clue as to what you are talking about, but you just prattle on like you do. You must have read the neo-atheist manual.
Or live your life life like a developing turd that gets flushed. Waste product after others have used your energies for their purposes.
But you fancy yourself an enlightened intellectual.
Very amusing.
It goes to show how self-important the religious mind can become when under delusion, thinking that surviving death was 'meant to be' and has 'significance' outside your vile ego.
Jim

UK

#192581 Dec 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have read the neo-atheist manual.
The religious are forced to tar atheism with religious symbols in order to critcise it....because they cannot critcise atheism itself.
Jim

UK

#192582 Dec 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

Its always ultimatums with you brainwashed religious types isn't it?

Believe or perish, no thought or evidence behind it...
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#192583 Dec 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Topix atheists. They don't have a clue they have nothing to offer to the human living experience other than getting drugged, drunk, and sitting in front of the boob tube watching science documentaries. And nodding to each other knowingly, acknowledging how what a clued in select few they are.
How thrilling and fulfilling a life they wish to share with real people.
Topix atheists are a phenonema that may reach the status required for a study by the scientific community.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#192584 Dec 15, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you'd like a few urban American Christmas Carols to brighten your day:
7. Jingle Bell Glock
6. O Lil' Kim of Bethlehem
5. We Wish You a Ludacrismas
4. All I Want for Christmas is My Two Gold Teeth
3. Violent Night
2. Police Navidad
and number 1 ...
1. Whose Kid Is This, Bitch?!?
well then, deck my balls with Lauren Holly

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 min Science 32,580
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 21 min Science 79,850
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) 1 hr Eagle 12 - 51
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Sep 16 blacklagoon 3 91
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Sep 15 xfrodobagginsx 101
News Atheist billboards to mock Romney, Obama faith (Aug '12) Sep 15 superwilly 47
what science will NEVER be able to prove Sep 15 Me _ Myself _ I 8
More from around the web