Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258485 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#192276 Dec 14, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not attack Atheism directly, instead of trying to claim Stalinism is Atheism?
Atheists ask people to read and think, not kill one-another over the politics of belief.
Most wars have been fought over land.

You can learn that by reading.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#192277 Dec 14, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Its supposed to be the thought that counts, but that's what's absent in religion.
Thankfully your opinion that you adore and think so much of. Means nothing to anyone. But thank you for sharing it with us.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#192278 Dec 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I wouldn't. That's all Dave working out his issues regarding shame, regret, and resentment. My posts push those buttons even when they have nothing to do with him.
You are are so mistaken.

You would like to think you are pushing my buttons to feed your ego. Dave has too many miles for that to be. What you are seeing is Dave trying to puncture that very thick bubble you blew around yourself and get you in touch with reality.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#192279 Dec 14, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists' hate for the Declaration and the Constitution is second and third to their hate for the Bible.
Ya got that bass-ackwards as per your usual idiocy.

Atheists think the **godless** Constitution is a perfect example of **secularism**.

It's you hideous sheeple-of-faith, who wish to do away with the **godless** Constitution and replace it with whichever "holey" book you are worshiping *this* week.

Get real.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#192280 Dec 14, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
We ask Atheist to lose their conceit, arrogance, narcissism, ego, vanity, self righteousness, hatefulness, bigotry and selfishness.
Atheist ask religious people to be like them with all the personality defects that are listed above. And to be closed and narrow minded. In addition to accept speculation sciences as being a fact.
Atheist also ask that religious people accept that they (believers) are less than human. Similar to the way the Nazi’s saw the Jews pre WWII. Atheist ask that believers give up their constitutional rights because the way they see it they have no rights.
It’s such an obvious choice. Be arrogant like you or continue with our inalienable right to freedom.
The above was written by a conceited and extremely arrogant narcissist who's ego is so huge, he actually believes the Ultimate Creator of Everything cares about little old insignificant him.

Sad.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#192281 Dec 14, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
We ask Atheist to lose their conceit, arrogance, narcissism, ego, vanity, self righteousness, hatefulness, bigotry and selfishness.
Atheist ask religious people to be like them with all the personality defects that are listed above. And to be closed and narrow minded. In addition to accept speculation sciences as being a fact.
Atheist also ask that religious people accept that they (believers) are less than human. Similar to the way the Nazi’s saw the Jews pre WWII. Atheist ask that believers give up their constitutional rights because the way they see it they have no rights.
It’s such an obvious choice. Be arrogant like you or continue with our inalienable right to freedom.
Or you can continue to be willfully ignorant.

You have that freedom.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#192282 Dec 14, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a marching bear not a dancing bear.
If you want to at least pretend to appear even remotely credible, stop using yahoo search.
You're welcome.
The link says dancing bear not marching bear. I will never be credible with persons like you nor is it anything i desire. What makes you think i seek your seal of approval? You must really think your sh#t don't stink.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#192283 Dec 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you think these people believe in "natural" god-given rights?
"Mormon Church Finally Says Dark Skin is Not a Sign of God's Curse - The Mormon Church finally renounces its previous racist stance that brown skin is a punishment from God"
http://www.richarddawkins.net/news_articles/2... #
Couldn't say. How does this relate to anything I posted?

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#192284 Dec 14, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Really? What took them so long? The Christian bible was the same when these rights were recognized than when they were suppressed. The only thing that had changed was human culture.
And as secular humanism continues to gain traction, new rights are being recognized and acknowledged. Christianity is incapable of doing that. "Natural rights" don't evolve.
No, it had nothing to do with the Bible or human culture changing.

The concept of god-endowed rights allowed the abolition of slavery.

Lincoln based his entire opposition to slavery on it. The abolition movement based their opposition on it.

ML King Jr. based his appeal for civil rights on it.

The distastefulness of these events to atheists does not change the history.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#192285 Dec 14, 2013
<quoted text>
I think we've also reached the end of this discussion. We've each posted our opinions, and there is common starting ground from which to proceed. I am an atheist, and an agnostic, and have taken no leap of faith there.
No, you are not an atheist and an agnostic.

That's impossible.(married bachelor)

You are an atheist.

ONE more point. Both the atheist and the theist take a leap of faith past reason and knowledge.

The advantage in rationality of the theist is the number of ways he can be inaccurate, but his theism still be the more logical choice. There is a myriad of ways to be mistaken about perceived qualities of a deity, but still be right about the existence of A deity.

With the atheist, it's one shot and done. There is no room for error. No deity means no deity, and to be correct, he must be 100% correct. No margin. No wiggle room.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#192286 Dec 14, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess god wasn't watching when you typed that?!
Yeah, but I take time off from communing with him at times.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#192287 Dec 14, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> The link says dancing bear not marching bear. I will never be credible with persons like you nor is it anything i desire. What makes you think i seek your seal of approval? You must really think your sh#t don't stink.
Girls don't poop, dumbass.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#192288 Dec 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
He's looney tunes, that's what.
And remember the oxymoron: Justice Scalia.
Looney tunes?

Here is why you have no credibility on constitutional issues.

"Please don't emanate into the penumbra".

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#192289 Dec 14, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
When will religious people give up losing to atheists online? Must get boring for them.
That's why they should pay me.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#192290 Dec 14, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, if god's real and a good guy, why did you turn out so obnoxious?
Another of life's mysteries.

If you turned out so good, why do I make a fool of you?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#192291 Dec 14, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
They do if all the plumbing is working right.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#192292 Dec 14, 2013
UIdiotRaceMakeWorldpeace wrote:
<quoted text> I see you mentally challenged, got you thinking on how to approach me, seem s like you failed in Human empathy department and your emotional I!Q is stunted and you lack alot more In other departments,... Sad to be you waer monger Grunters supporters of corrupted mans in power without/lack of moral wilol do what tyo its own nation and world in it. Get of the koolaid dude, you another ignorant warring ignorumus of grunter grunting for his piece of warmongers pie! ABhahhaaaa
Yeah, I'm following your thought stream now, World Misplaced.

But I have one question.

What is a water monger grunter?

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#192293 Dec 14, 2013
UIdiotRaceMakeWorldpeace wrote:
<quoted text>I not atheist nor religious, He lost it , seem like he need study course on logic, critical reasoning skill,,.and much more in human department!:) Heads up, need to put a dent in his snobbish upholding attitude of egomanical defiance of deviod understanding what religions had caused alot of human suffering ,,,, that take them down a notch or two!
Yes, I see, Concrete Pace Maker.

But one more question.

How do you put a dent in a snobbish?

Location hidden

#192294 Dec 14, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Like hell they don't.

Location hidden

#192295 Dec 14, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
http://search.yahoo.com/search...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 min marlboro man 79,908
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) 2 hr blacklagoon 3 59
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Wed Eagle 12 - 32,581
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Sep 16 blacklagoon 3 91
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Sep 15 xfrodobagginsx 101
News Atheist billboards to mock Romney, Obama faith (Aug '12) Sep 15 superwilly 47
what science will NEVER be able to prove Sep 15 Me _ Myself _ I 8
More from around the web