Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#191791 Dec 12, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Given the opportunity, I would prefer to join the super-wealthy over the super-poor.
I see you joined the super-stupid.
You are the typical under-achiever that gets pissed because somebody has more than you.
You're the typical under-achiever who would prefer to join the super wealthy, but is unable to do it.

So you become a Walter Mitty instead.

Pocketa-pocketa-pocketa.
Bongo

Coram, NY

#191792 Dec 12, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Texas is the state they lived in.
I think that would be the state to compare their gun possession to.
You said that being convincing wasn't your goal. This is true because Catcher keeps alluding to you not being Joe King. He thinks youre some wealthy poser? Is he that easily fooled because of your political stance= among other things?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#191793 Dec 12, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!! Yeah- "his" wealth only made possible off the sweat and the backs of HIS employees who have to deal with a wage freeze of SIX years.
You take an expression such as "redistribute his wealth" and you RUN with it without even knowing what it means or that it is not HIS wealth that would be redistributed; rather it is WAGES earned fairly by his employees.
The ONLY way such a wage freeze would be fair and ethical is if the CEO also had HIS wages frozen for six years and that is NOT the case.
Stay the brainless and witless little worker bee you truly are.
Mindsets such as yours make it that much easier for the rich to get richer while the poor get poorer with much of that due to those getting richer doing so at the EXPENSE of the poor.
Mr. OCD,

I have tried to establish a certain standard around here for intelligent discussion of economic, fiscal, and taxation issues.

You are embarrassing me. You are embarrassing everyone. You are embarrassing the furniture. You are embarrassingly stupid.

My suggestion to you, in the most generous spirit, is that you go home, take one of those pairs of fat-woman panties out of your wife's drawers, and make you a slingshot.

Stretch that big fat sonuvabitch and tie it to each side of your front doorway.

Then load them big panties with anything hard and heavy you can find. Rocks, bricks, your old turds, your wife's loose teeth, whatever. Then have your fat wife pull it back as far as she can and let go, catapulting whatever is in the fat panty slingshot right into your stupid fucking face.

After repeated trials, the hope here is it will jar some sense into you.

If not, well hell, it would be fun to watch anyway.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#191794 Dec 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Good old-fashioned Christian laws.
OCB wrote:
Wrong. Our laws are NOT "Christian" Laws
Buck Crick wrote:
The United States and all its people's rights, laws, Constitution, etc. are based on the conception of man being created special by God, and that special nature to his creation being the source of his rights.
How does that make them Christian laws? If the founders had felt that rights came from Quetzalcoatl, would that make them Aztec laws?

Location hidden

#191795 Dec 12, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I won't spoil it for you then... enjoy.
<quoted text>
Thanks, man.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#191796 Dec 12, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. OCD,
I have tried to establish a certain standard around here for intelligent discussion of economic, fiscal, and taxation issues.
You are embarrassing me. You are embarrassing everyone. You are embarrassing the furniture. You are embarrassingly stupid.
My suggestion to you, in the most generous spirit, is that you go home, take one of those pairs of fat-woman panties out of your wife's drawers, and make you a slingshot.
Then load them big panties with anything hard and heavy you can find. Rocks, bricks, your old turds, your wife's loose teeth, whatever. Then have your fat wife pull it back as far as she can and let go, catapulting whatever is in the fat panty slingshot right into your stupid fucking face.
You make an unwarranted assumption, Buck.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#191797 Dec 12, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Given the opportunity, I would prefer to join the super-wealthy over the super-poor.
I see you joined the super-stupid.
You are the typical under-achiever that gets pissed because somebody has more than you.
LOL!!

Okay- you know NOTHING about me, yet you have deluded yourself into thinking you know ALL about me!

Where to begin....

1. I own my own home and my mortgage is paid off and has been for some time.

2. I own my own car- meaning I have no car payments.

3. I work from home for a company I've worked for for nine years and I earn every single cent I am paid.

4. I have minimal debt and it is totally under control.

5. I have a credit score of 840.

You were saying, you classic under-achiever of epic proportion?

Location hidden

#191798 Dec 12, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> You said that being convincing wasn't your goal. This is true because Catcher keeps alluding to you not being Joe King. He thinks youre some wealthy poser? Is he that easily fooled because of your political stance= among other things?
My particular philosophy of politics and economics is often identified with wealthy people.

It just happens that it is the most honest and rational philosophy.

A guy doesn't have to be rich to be honest, rational, and super-intelligent.

Not to mention ruggedly handsome and hung like a racehorse.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#191799 Dec 12, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. OCD,
Your penchant for violence is indeed disturbing but not at all surprising- classic under-achievers such as you are have a LOT of anger to vent, so no worries....

Please see my previous post to you; apparently, your memory is as faulty as is RR's; between the TWO of you, your Swiss cheese brains have MANY more holes than actual cheese.

It was just a week or so ago that I informed you I am FEMALE.

As far as your above fantasy- hope you didn't make TOO much of a mess in your sheets......

You're a sick f*ck.

Location hidden

#191800 Dec 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>

About the elasticity of his wife's panties?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#191801 Dec 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention I don't think one of my thongs would work in Buck's sick scenario, and my man much prefers to see my thongs on ME than he EVER would tied to a doorway.....

But in the spirit of total honesty, it should go without saying that my man much prefers to see my thongs OFF of me!

;-

Location hidden

#191802 Dec 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>

I don't take instructions for crazy people!!!!!!!
Who do you take them for?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#191803 Dec 12, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. OCD,
BTW, the only standard YOU could set around here is that which is wholly SUB-standard and so below par as to be of no real use- just like YOU, Buck- a useless blowhard.

Fennario

#191804 Dec 12, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
The US is formed on the basis of man's rights being an endowment from god.
What is the meaning of that string of words with regard to reality? Wittgenstein would say that the words have no meaning if the world would be exactly the same were the words not "true," or if the opposite were "true."

The meaning of the linguistic string, "There is an elephant in the room" relates to things that might happen because its true that are different were it not true. If true, I might see or hear an elephant if I were in the room. If the opposite were the case - no elephant - I could not do those things. That is the meaning of meaningful words.

And that is why the linguistic string "There is an invisible pink unicorn in the room" is meaningless. There is no discernible difference in the world between when one claims it is the case and when one says that the IPU has left the room and it is no longer the case.

What is the discernible difference between it being the case that the US was formed on the basis of man's rights being an endowment from god and the opposite? If nothing, then the words are meaningless.

Do you claim that Christianity contributed any ideas to American law? Do you think that we are indebted to the Christianity for America? Do you think perhaps that ideas like individual liberty and the separation of powers would not have occurred to the founders without the idea that a god was involved?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#191805 Dec 12, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
My particular philosophy of politics and economics is often identified with wealthy people.
It just happens that it is the most honest and rational philosophy.
A guy doesn't have to be rich to be honest, rational, and super-intelligent.
Not to mention ruggedly handsome and hung like a racehorse.
But your posts fairly SCREAM your impotence so what difference does it make HOW well hung you are, you racehorse's A@@??

Location hidden

#191806 Dec 12, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>

your Swiss cheese brains have MANY more holes than actual cheese.
So swiss cheese is not actual cheese?

Or are you saying brains made of swiss cheese have more holes than actual cheese?

Wouldn't swiss cheese brains also have more holes than actual swiss cheese?

What size of cheese are we talking?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#191807 Dec 12, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
So swiss cheese is not actual cheese?
Or are you saying brains made of swiss cheese have more holes than actual cheese?
Wouldn't swiss cheese brains also have more holes than actual swiss cheese?
What size of cheese are we talking?
Yes- Swiss cheese is actual cheese.

There are less holes in a slice of Swiss cheese than there are in your and RR's brains combined.

You post like a 12 year old who is truant from school.

Location hidden

#191808 Dec 12, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the meaning of that string of words with regard to reality? Wittgenstein would say that the words have no meaning if the world would be exactly the same were the words not "true," or if the opposite were "true."
The meaning of the linguistic string, "There is an elephant in the room" relates to things that might happen because its true that are different were it not true. If true, I might see or hear an elephant if I were in the room. If the opposite were the case - no elephant - I could not do those things. That is the meaning of meaningful words.
And that is why the linguistic string "There is an invisible pink unicorn in the room" is meaningless. There is no discernible difference in the world between when one claims it is the case and when one says that the IPU has left the room and it is no longer the case.
What is the discernible difference between it being the case that the US was formed on the basis of man's rights being an endowment from god and the opposite? If nothing, then the words are meaningless.
Do you claim that Christianity contributed any ideas to American law? Do you think that we are indebted to the Christianity for America? Do you think perhaps that ideas like individual liberty and the separation of powers would not have occurred to the founders without the idea that a god was involved?
There is no "opposite" proposition to the nation being founded on the belief that man's rights come from God.

There are alternative propositions.

The discernible difference between the words being true - the US being formed on the basis of man's rights being endowed by god - and the words not being true, is the obvious fact that the nation would be founded on some different idea of man's rights.

It could be founded on man's rights being endowed by his societal station of birth, his bloodline, his anatomy, etc.

That is a huge discernible difference.

Wiggenstein's point, if he ever had one, is useless. Especially here.

Location hidden

#191809 Dec 12, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Yes- Swiss cheese is actual cheese.
There are less holes in a slice of Swiss cheese than there are in your and RR's brains combined.
You post like a 12 year old who is truant from school.
When you say there are "less" holes in a slice of Swiss cheese than in my brain,...

Do you mean smaller holes or fewer holes in number, or both?

Fennario

#191810 Dec 12, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
Well, there you go again. Fudging words to help your case.(That betrays a bias) There were no "criminals", as far as anyone knows, in the house. They were not a "paramilitary" cult. They were a religious cult. The cult had not bothered anyone, as far as I know, and it's perplexing why you insist they needed to be "broken up". They did not need to be gotten "off the street", unless there were streets running through that wooden building.
I disagree.

If a colony of heavily armed fanatics with guns and explosives forms in my neighborhood, I will call it paramilitary, and I will want it gone - more so if its adherents believe that they are chosen by a god that will reward them in an afterlife for their faithfulness to an apocalyptic mythology. That's a clear and present danger - a disaster waiting to happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 17 min Mr_SKY 6,248
News The Consequences of Atheism 1 hr thetruth 1,106
News Atheist monument to counter ten commandments (Jul '13) 1 hr thetruth 14
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr thetruth 17,897
News 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma (Jul '13) 1 hr thetruth 7,547
News Evolution is a philosophical humanistic religio... 3 hr geezerjock 1
how the athiest created in the world ? 5 hr Thinking 2
More from around the web