Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255511 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#191486 Dec 11, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
... a later occupant who had a 19 year old under the desk sucking his dick and pleasuring her with his cigar while he talked on the phone to world leaders.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#191487 Dec 11, 2013
The leader of the "blue sniper team" at Waco was FBI agent Lon Horiuchi.

He is the agent who shot and killed Vicki Weaver at Ruby Ridge while she was holding her baby standing at the window in the front door.

He claims that during the final siege at Waco, no shots were fired by Blue Sniper Team.

By the time anyone arrived to investigate the site of the Blue Team, they only found 1 spent rifle shell casing on the floor. There was no explanation given for the spent casing. If they cleaned up their spent casings, they missed one.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#191488 Dec 11, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The crudeness of you and Christine is off-putting, BartBaboon.
You guys need to raise your standards.
Of course we should raise our standards, maybe up to yours? Boning 349 women not including hookers, and some probably men, is that the kind of standard you're referring to? I'm not even counting the numerous bar fights you seem so proud of taking part in, nor your prison time, Yes yes, we should all bring our standards to you level, or would that be DOWN, and down to a level I could not even begin to comprehend.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#191489 Dec 11, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
... a later occupant who had a 19 year old under the desk sucking his dick and pleasuring her with his cigar while he talked on the phone to world leaders.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
For the guy supposed to be running the free world, it is.

For a married man, it is.

So much for Secular Humanism and it's "higher morals"...

Fennario

#191490 Dec 11, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
To continue my habit of letting facts get in your way, Reagan's defense spending brought down the Soviet Union and the Berlin Wall
What you call fact is what I call fiction. Gorbachev dissembled the Soviet Union, not Reagan. The conservatives were horrified when the Soviets went away, and Reagan baited Gorbachev the whole way rather that cooperate with him.

Why? Without the Soviets, there was nobody to have a Cold War with, and no justification for obscene military spending. So, the Neocons went right to work in their think tanks and concocted a new enemy in less than a decade:

"The Project for the New American Century (PNAC) was an American think tank based in Washington, D.C. established in 1997 as a non-profit educational organization founded by William Kristol and Robert Kagan. The PNAC's stated goal is "to promote American global leadership."

And it's first order of business was to invade Iraq. From :

"With its members in numerous key administrative positions, the PNAC exerted influence on high-level U.S. government officials in the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush and affected the Bush Administration's development of military and foreign policies, especially involving national security and the Iraq War."

They took this proposal to Clinton in 1998, but he wouldn't have any of it:

"On January 16, 1998, following perceived Iraqi unwillingness to co-operate with UN weapons inspections, members of the PNAC, including Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz, and Robert Zoellick drafted an open letter to President Bill Clinton, posted on its website, urging President Clinton to remove Saddam Hussein from power using U.S. diplomatic, political, and military power. The signers argue that Saddam would pose a threat to the United States, its Middle East allies, and oil resources in the region, if he succeeded in maintaining what they asserted was a stockpile of Weapons of Mass Destruction"

Then came Bush and his war profiteering buddies like Cheney and Rumsfeld, and the rest is history. We now have a War on Terror that can never end. They can never do what Gorbachev did to the old enemy - dismantle it. Why? Because America can now claim whatever it wants about any government sponsoring terrorism and invade it whatever level of threat it poses. That's perfect for Halliburton and GE.

Reagan gets no credit for dismantling the Soviet union. That was all Gorbachev.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191491 Dec 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Of course we should raise our standards, maybe up to yours? Boning 349 women not including hookers, and some probably men, is that the kind of standard you're referring to? I'm not even counting the numerous bar fights you seem so proud of taking part in, nor your prison time, Yes yes, we should all bring our standards to you level, or would that be DOWN, and down to a level I could not even begin to comprehend.
You don't understand the difference between screwing hookers and men versus children?!

Buy, the atheist morality is oozing in this room.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#191492 Dec 11, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It's how Conservatives conserve their money and power.
If thats how the conservatives do it, how do the liberals do it?

Location hidden

#191493 Dec 11, 2013
<quoted text>
He's the one who went to a lot of trouble to cover it up.

He musta' thought it was a bad thing.

Location hidden

#191494 Dec 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Of course we should raise our standards, maybe up to yours? Boning 349 women not including hookers, and some probably men, is that the kind of standard you're referring to? I'm not even counting the numerous bar fights you seem so proud of taking part in, nor your prison time, Yes yes, we should all bring our standards to you level, or would that be DOWN, and down to a level I could not even begin to comprehend.
I never said I was perfect.

Al's Salami.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#191495 Dec 11, 2013
"Assuming that Koresh had been abusing children before Feb. 28, 1993, a related question is whether the abuse continued during the 51-day siege of the compound. At first Reno explained that a paramount reason for approving the tear-gas assault on April 19 was that "babies were being beaten." ("Reno Says, I Made the Decision," WPost, Apr. 20, 1993.) FBI Director Sessions, however, said the next day there was "no contemporary evidence" of child abuse.( Report to the Deputy Attorney General on the Events at Waco, Texas, February 28 to April 19, 1993.) And Reno revised her statement several months later, agreeing there was no evidence of ongoing child abuse by Koresh, who was wounded in the shootout on Feb. 28, at Mt. Carmel, as the Branch Davidians' residence was known.("Waco Siege Prompts Crisis Training for Top Justice Department Officials," WPost, Dec. 9, 1993.)"

"What role did President Clinton play in overseeing the handling of the crisis and in authorizing the tear-gas plan?

In the early days of the crisis Clinton endorsed a "wait-and-see" strategy, asking to be consulted before a change in strategy. On April 18, in a conversation with Reno, the President endorsed the gas plan. Although Clinton distanced himself from the matter after April 19, saying it has been Reno's call, FRONTLINE has learned that Clinton apparently followed developments at Waco closely through some of his closest White House aides."

"Have any federal agents been disciplined for wrongdoing in the Waco affair? And were any of the surviving Davidians convicted of federal charges?

Two ATF supervisors, Chuck Sarabyn and Phillip Chojinacki, were fired, although they were later reinstated at a lower rank. No FBI agents have been officially disciplined. Eight of the surviving Branch Davidians were convicted on charges ranging from voluntary manslaughter to weapons violations. Seven got 40-year prison terms, and the eighth got five years. A ninth, Kathy Schroeder, got three years in prison after testifying for the government"

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/waco/...

That's PBS.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#191496 Dec 11, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I think there are some details about Buck that Buck is fabricating, but a persona with such a consistent personality is not an act.
We know Buck's personality very well.
Yes. My only point is that, unlike RR, it's possible that the Buckmaster is a well-heeled guy, so he's not just a poor shlub being used and mocked by the moneyed.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191497 Dec 11, 2013
<quoted text>
What you call fact is what I call fiction. Gorbachev dissembled the Soviet Union, not Reagan. The conservatives were horrified when the Soviets went away, and Reagan baited Gorbachev the whole way rather that cooperate with him.
Why? Without the Soviets, there was nobody to have a Cold War with, and no justification for obscene military spending. So, the Neocons went right to work in their think tanks and concocted a new enemy in less than a decade:
"The Project for the New American Century (PNAC) was an American think tank based in Washington, D.C. established in 1997 as a non-profit educational organization founded by William Kristol and Robert Kagan. The PNAC's stated goal is "to promote American global leadership."
And it's first order of business was to invade Iraq. From :
"With its members in numerous key administrative positions, the PNAC exerted influence on high-level U.S. government officials in the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush and affected the Bush Administration's development of military and foreign policies, especially involving national security and the Iraq War."
They took this proposal to Clinton in 1998, but he wouldn't have any of it:
"On January 16, 1998, following perceived Iraqi unwillingness to co-operate with UN weapons inspections, members of the PNAC, including Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz, and Robert Zoellick drafted an open letter to President Bill Clinton, posted on its website, urging President Clinton to remove Saddam Hussein from power using U.S. diplomatic, political, and military power. The signers argue that Saddam would pose a threat to the United States, its Middle East allies, and oil resources in the region, if he succeeded in maintaining what they asserted was a stockpile of Weapons of Mass Destruction"
Then came Bush and his war profiteering buddies like Cheney and Rumsfeld, and the rest is history. We now have a War on Terror that can never end. They can never do what Gorbachev did to the old enemy - dismantle it. Why? Because America can now claim whatever it wants about any government sponsoring terrorism and invade it whatever level of threat it poses. That's perfect for Halliburton and GE.
Reagan gets no credit for dismantling the Soviet union. That was all Gorbachev.
The conservatives concocted a new enemy?

Is that really where you wanna go?
Jim

UK

#191498 Dec 11, 2013
Why do theists get so angry when atheists wont play pretend with them?

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#191499 Dec 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't eat Big Macs.
What's wrong with hangin in the garage? Too 'dusty' for ya, city boy?
"Let there be justice for all. Let there be peace for all. Let there be work, bread, water and salt for all. Let each know that for each the body, the mind and the sould have been freed to fulfill themselves."

Nelson Mandela
Jim

UK

#191500 Dec 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
"Assuming that Koresh had been abusing children before Feb. 28, 1993, a related question is whether the abuse continued during the 51-day siege of the compound. At first Reno explained that a paramount reason for approving the tear-gas assault on April 19 was that "babies were being beaten." ("Reno Says, I Made the Decision," WPost, Apr. 20, 1993.) FBI Director Sessions, however, said the next day there was "no contemporary evidence" of child abuse.( Report to the Deputy Attorney General on the Events at Waco, Texas, February 28 to April 19, 1993.) And Reno revised her statement several months later, agreeing there was no evidence of ongoing child abuse by Koresh, who was wounded in the shootout on Feb. 28, at Mt. Carmel, as the Branch Davidians' residence was known.("Waco Siege Prompts Crisis Training for Top Justice Department Officials," WPost, Dec. 9, 1993.)"
"What role did President Clinton play in overseeing the handling of the crisis and in authorizing the tear-gas plan?
In the early days of the crisis Clinton endorsed a "wait-and-see" strategy, asking to be consulted before a change in strategy. On April 18, in a conversation with Reno, the President endorsed the gas plan. Although Clinton distanced himself from the matter after April 19, saying it has been Reno's call, FRONTLINE has learned that Clinton apparently followed developments at Waco closely through some of his closest White House aides."
"Have any federal agents been disciplined for wrongdoing in the Waco affair? And were any of the surviving Davidians convicted of federal charges?
Two ATF supervisors, Chuck Sarabyn and Phillip Chojinacki, were fired, although they were later reinstated at a lower rank. No FBI agents have been officially disciplined. Eight of the surviving Branch Davidians were convicted on charges ranging from voluntary manslaughter to weapons violations. Seven got 40-year prison terms, and the eighth got five years. A ninth, Kathy Schroeder, got three years in prison after testifying for the government"
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/waco/...
That's PBS.
Goes to show you just can't trust theist.

Location hidden

#191501 Dec 11, 2013
18 USC § 1385 - Use of Army and Air Force as posse comitatus

US Code
Notes
Updates

"Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

That gets Kid Reno 2 years for Waco right there.

Jim

UK

#191502 Dec 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
For the guy supposed to be running the free world, it is.
For a married man, it is.
So much for Secular Humanism and it's "higher morals"...
I couldn't find the dick s*cking part in the Secular Humanism, care to tell the truth?

Location hidden

#191503 Dec 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. My only point is that, unlike RR, it's possible that the Buckmaster is a well-heeled guy, so he's not just a poor shlub being used and mocked by the moneyed.
For a price, the moneyed can use and mock me.

I've been paid less for worse.

I beat and robbed a guy one night in Birmingham and got 4 dollars.

And some change.

Fennario

#191504 Dec 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
There's on amazingly HUGE problem with your translation of the Preamble. It starts with "We the people", meaning ALL citizens of America, not just the government.
Did I translate the Preamble? I just posted it, and offered it as evidence that the purpose of the government was to benefit the American people in a variety of ways beyond what Buck saw as its purpose: to bolster the economy and steer cleat of profit making.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The Nanny State mentality has fully engulfed you, I highly doubt any reason could penetrate your thoughts on this.
Nanny state? That was the conservative choice. Your nanny is reading your emails. Your nanny wants to restrict reproductive freedom, to tell you what you can smoke, and who you can marry.

The state I would support is the opposite.

If I had my druthers, I would slash your military budget by two thirds, your spying budget by half, eliminate your War on Drugs and Homeland Security Departments, eliminate your farm subsidies and other corporate welfare, and increase spending on ordinary Americans - more low interest school and business loans, better VA benefits, universal health care, double the minimum wage, etc.- and infrastructure. Your government would be about 25-40% of the size it is, and your taxes would plummet.

Is that what you mean by a nanny state?

You consistently trust the wrong people.
Jim

UK

#191505 Dec 11, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
18 USC § 1385 - Use of Army and Air Force as posse comitatus
US Code
Notes
Updates
"Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."
That gets Kid Reno 2 years for Waco right there.
And therefore, christianity, right? Huh, Give us a Break!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 11 min superwilly 3,710
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 31 min One way or another 35,021
Religion is the cause of war and most suffering... 39 min Thinking 155
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 40 min An NFL Fan 20,090
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr ChristineM 14,939
There are no such things as gods or fairies 8 hr Amused 102
Majority of Scots now have no religion 8 hr Amused 163
More from around the web