Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 245025 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#191037 Dec 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think society should be financially responsible for a person's fuckups?
You'll have to rephrase that question so I will know what you mean--"a person's fuckups" is insufficiently clear to me.

Perhaps you can use examples, if it's easier for you.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#191038 Dec 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
You go your way, and I go mine.
BTW, what's with the multiple ad hominem posts?
You're better than that.
What's with the Texas sharpshooter fallacy?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191039 Dec 9, 2013
Fun factoid....

Modern historians dispute the popular misconception that the chastity belt, a device designed to prevent women from having sexual intercourse, was invented in medieval times. Most existing chastity belts are now thought to be deliberate fakes or anti-masturbatory devices from the 19th and early 20th century. The latter were made due to the widespread belief that masturbation could lead to insanity, and were mostly bought by parents for their teenage children.

"The Medieval Chastity Belt Unbuckled"
Stephen Harris

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191040 Dec 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This irresistible compulsion you have to be offensive is what gets you into trouble in your personal and work life.
You know that I know that you know that.
So don't argue with me.
I don't get in trouble.

What are you talking about?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191041 Dec 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll have to rephrase that question so I will know what you mean--"a person's fuckups" is insufficiently clear to me.
Perhaps you can use examples, if it's easier for you.
Another question goes unanswered by Catcher1.

I don't know why I even bother with you.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#191042 Dec 9, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Bipartisan legislation passed by Congress and signed by Reagan led to the Federal government transferring government funding of community mental health facilities back to the states.
Facilities already state-funded were not affected by the policy. States had full responsibility for these facilities. The care went downhill in many states.
In 1986, Reagan signed into a law a bill increasing Medicaid assistance for these patients.
The laws signed by Reagan closed not a single facility.
He cut federal money that those state funded facilities depended on.

Buck, you are starting to sound like a Topix atheist citing Dawkins. An ism is taking over your mind.

Reagan was a creep wearing a mask and a flag slung over his shoulder.

I heard rumors a long time ago that when he arrived in Hollywood he courted the gay producers for parts. In his term there was also an ex-ABC correspondent who was fired for false reporting that turned Republican activist that committed suicide. He was known for taking his gay lovers on midnight tours of the White House. That was in the newspapers twice that I saw, then disappeared forevermore. I was sitting in a HoJo in Coral Gables waiting for breakfast looking out over US1 by the front door the first time I read that. I was sitting in the larger dining area the second time, and in another paper. These were not the Enquirer. The story just evaporated into thin air.

BTW, as governor of California he legalized abortion. Two million abortions resulted from that.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#191043 Dec 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

I heard rumors a long time ago that when he arrived in Hollywood he courted the gay producers for parts.
Not that theres anything wrong with that......

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#191044 Dec 9, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
Have you ever considered that the Bible might not be accurate?
No. Never.

Well, okay, once, but SOMEBODY smote me on the spot.
Buck Crick wrote:
If not, then God could be a great guy, right?
Who? Bible God is described by the Bible.

Tom, Dick, and Harry might all be great guys too, if you imagine them that way.
Buck Crick wrote:
I don't think it would be possible to love, and have it result in no actions.
Even if so, the love would give a proper perspective as to how one relates to another.
If one has to be commanded to love anyone, that love is empty.

We've seen how Christians have treated non-Christians throughout history. Without the cultural influence of rational secular ethics, Christianity is just a sticky stinky shit bomb.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#191045 Dec 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Another question goes unanswered by Catcher1.
I don't know why I even bother with you.
Unless you're willing to be reasonable, don't.

I'm sure you have enough problems of your own to deal with.

Westcliffe, CO

#191046 Dec 9, 2013
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jef...

Taxes.

The bottom made up to a bit over $11 an hour. For a full time employee. That is the max.

Raising the minimum wage would up their income and reduce those transfers.

Westcliffe, CO

#191047 Dec 9, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that theres anything wrong with that......
It would just show the extent he would go to fulfill his ambitions if true.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#191048 Dec 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Speaking of epic, have you truce the new Epic Burritos at Del Taco?
Yummy yummy for my tummy
I always get diarrhea when I go there.

If it's on sale.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#191049 Dec 9, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Clinton might believe in God. Who cares.
Evidence indicates he forcibly raped a state employee while Attorney General of Arkansas.
Hillary knew of his debauchery for years before Lewinski, and tolerated it for the sake of gaining power and status.
It has worked well for her so far.
A woman with the icewater blood to lie to grieving parents that their sons died because of a youtube video - would not get too exercised about a few affairs and a rape.
I never heard of the rape case when he was Attorney General but I have no problem believing that his indiscretion goes waaaaay back.

And I can’t speak for Hillary, what she thought or her motive for staying with him. But you could be right. I just don’t know for sure. Most women would have dumped him.

Something we can agree is Bengasi Gate. Hillary nor our President caused this terrorist action. But in self serving interest they covered up the facts so as not to mar the election. I suspect Hillary was thinking about her future bid for President.

This whole incident following the death of the four Americans showed a lack of Leadership and self serving interest. A scandal swept under the rug by the left wing media. Just like when the ATF was buying assault weapons and giving them to Mexican Cartels.

President Obama doesn’t know everything but by George he could have fired some people over stupid decision to arm drug cartels. That included his Attorney General. Since he didn’t take action makes one wonder if he did know.

We haven’t even touched the sanctioned abuses of the IRS. I would say the Federal Government under the leadership of the President is out of control and no one is held accountable. Someone should have been prosecuted.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Into this world we're thrown

#191050 Dec 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The collapse in '08 wasn't just the government's fault. It also had a lot to with poor practices of bank, realtors and potential home buyers.
There's no way in hell that a person making $25,000 a year should've qualified to purchase a $250,000 home. They can't afford the mortgage.
Did you know that in '06, 500,000 home loans were given to illegal aliens?
And the liberals are still blaming Bush...
The government just paved the way.

Pretty interesting video if you want to take the time........

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#191051 Dec 9, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
He didn't say SDI was a fact. He said "star wars scientists" is a fact. It is not. A media nickname does not change the facts of what scientists were doing. There are SDI scientists. There are and were NO star wars scientists.
Another big win for you where it really counts, Buck.

Fennario

#191052 Dec 9, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
No, "taking care of the people" is NOT the job of the government. Taking care of the people is the job of the people.
And you are far from alone in that opinion. With all due respect, Buck, these conversations remind me of why I opted out of America. I concluded that your side is going to prevail, and I don't share your vision even a little.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191053 Dec 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
BTW, as governor of California he legalized abortion. Two million abortions resulted from that.
IMO abortion should be legal, should be choice.

California's overcrowded anyway.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191054 Dec 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Another big win for you where it really counts, Buck.
Where does it count, really?

Fennario

#191055 Dec 9, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
An expanding government is not my friend. I prefer individual liberty - for obvious reasons.
Good luck with that. I think that you don't understand the people that you carry water for very well. They have no respect for your liberty, just their own. They want to concentrate wealth, opportunity, and privilege. They are contemptuous of you and me both.

What amazes me is why you still think otherwise. These are people that are not satisfied with winning. They need you to lose to feel better about themselves.

Westcliffe, CO

#191056 Dec 9, 2013
http://www.nytimes.com/projects/2013/invisibl...

Don't need to hear the hypocrisy of the well off professors of secular humanism and anti-theists, or the condemnation of those well off who holler about free rides.

That is reality. That could have been you.

It has been going on forever. Liberals or no liberals. People will breed no matter what the circumstances are.

That is a large part of the future.

Whatcha gonna do about it but bitch and whine?

It will take more than isms or half-assed laws to fix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 8 min Gary Coaldigger 10,985
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr thetruth 20,644
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 4 hr Ooogah Boogah 14,667
John 3:16 11 hr thetruth 83
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes Sat NightSerf 18
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... Fri thetruth 42
Atheists and the "Moses Syndrome" Fri Shizle 20
More from around the web