Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 254986 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#190453 Dec 7, 2013
"The dollars that are returned to ordinary citizens in the form of schools, roads and other infrastructure, salaries, entitlements, low interest loans and the like. "

should read

"The dollars that are returned to ordinary citizens in the form of schools, roads and other infrastructure, salaries, entitlements, low interest loans and the like MAKE LIVES BETTER."

Fennario

#190454 Dec 7, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Well, at least McDonald's employees know how much to tip their au pairs.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/...
LOL. Don't forget the cabins stewards on cruises.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#190455 Dec 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If by "well" you mean Buck's stomach, then I'd say infinite. yes.
*thumbs through the Topix Atheist! handbook*
But like a typical ignorant godbot, you never defined infinite.
lol
OK, the definition of infinite.

Limitless possibilities.

Such as:

The limitless possibilities of redefining words to suit a Topix atheist's mind, or facsimile thereof, and their argumentation.

It's a loop thingy that can jump orbits, enter other possible dimensions, produce randomness and thus endless new possibilities of a limitless character. Whatever it takes to escape reality.

It's "Nature", you know? Now your educated.

Fennario

#190456 Dec 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I had to research that to get your joke. I hadn't heard of Noddy or Big Ears before your post. As far as I know, this story never got to the States. No comment: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ID1HJDRGf7w/UTWFY3V...
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
Actually, your cartoon could be taken in a very adult way. LOL *raises eyebrows*
Yeah, that's why it got a "no comment."

Rocky Ford, CO

#190457 Dec 7, 2013
<quoted text>
That depends how the government spends it.
The dollars that are returned to ordinary citizens in the form of schools, roads and other infrastructure, salaries, entitlements, low interest loans and the like.
The dollars sent to foreign banks to service the debt, bank bailouts, the money wasted on useless weapons systems, the money wasted pursuing, prosecuting and incarcerating drug users, and similar expenditures suck the life force out of the nation.
What is your view on prosecuting the marketers and purveyors of illicit drugs? Let's say the manufactured type, heroin, cocaine, meth, ecstasy, etc.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#190458 Dec 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your view on prosecuting the marketers and purveyors of illicit drugs? Let's say the manufactured type, heroin, cocaine, meth, ecstasy, etc.
.. drug kingpins are simply a symptom of the problem, not THE problem ..

.. like bootleggers during prohibition, when there's a demand, someone will always fill it ..

.. you must first define the problem ..

GO

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#190459 Dec 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, the definition of infinite.
Limitless possibilities.
Such as:
The limitless possibilities of redefining words to suit a Topix atheist's mind, or facsimile thereof, and their argumentation.
It's a loop thingy that can jump orbits, enter other possible dimensions, produce randomness and thus endless new possibilities of a limitless character. Whatever it takes to escape reality.
It's "Nature", you know? Now your educated.
According to the Topix Atheist! handbook, if you post a definition, you've now taught the other poster something they didn't know. And you get to brag about it.

Enjoy your bounty.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190460 Dec 7, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. like bootleggers during prohibition, when there's a demand, someone will always fill it ..
GO
The problem is human weakness.

The weak ones need help gaining strength.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#190461 Dec 7, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
when there's a demand, someone will always fill it ..
May I make a demand, Mistress?

Fennario

#190462 Dec 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Christmas is it Saturnalia and Saturnalia isn't Christmas. They are vastly different.
Not to me.

For me and a lot of other people, Christmas isn't much different in terms of significance from Halloween or Thanksgiving.

Fennario

#190463 Dec 7, 2013
You Christians are definitely the most oppressed majority in history. You definitely have a legitimate complaint about non-Christians treating Christmas like its just another winter holiday. That's definitely a War on Christmas.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Awww Did I upset the pity poor atheist... Merry Christmas!
I think you got our roles reversed in this. I'm not the one whining about my holiday being picked on.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190464 Dec 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Not to me.
For me and a lot of other people, Christmas isn't much different in terms of significance from Halloween or Thanksgiving.
Uh-huh....

I highly doubt that you say Happy Holidays for either Thanksgiving or Halloween.

I'll bet you don't for New Years, either.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190465 Dec 7, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
May I make a demand, Mistress?
Yes, but don't call me Mistress.

It gives me the creeps.

Fennario

#190466 Dec 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Jesus Christ has nothing to do with Christmas. You should tell the other atheists. They might stop fighting it every year....
We don't fight Christmas. We fight the Christian church trying to encroach on our lives, and of Christians trying to monopolize the winter solstice celebrations.

Anyway, Happy Holidays from Santa, Rudolph and Frosty. Jesus sends his regrets. He won't be able to make Christmas again this year.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6F-48fU3pHI/Tt4vdOa...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190467 Dec 7, 2013
I think you got our roles reversed in this. I'm not the one whining about my holiday being picked on.
Yes, best just to ignore it completely eh?

Fennario

#190468 Dec 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I've read that, too. Isn't the reason because pot smokers might only smoke one or two joints a day while a cigarette smoker might smoke 10-20 cigarettes a day?*cough*
Read it again: "Marijuana smokers performed better on tests of lung function compared to nonsmokers and cigarette smokers."

Better than nonsmokers.

Rocky Ford, CO

#190469 Dec 7, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
GO
Define how heroin, cocaine, LSD, and ecstasy became a product in demand before their being marketed.

Define how that marketing starts, and particularly the age groups involved.

Fennario

#190470 Dec 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Spirituality is a stepping out of the body, so to speak. Ethereal, non-substance, or something like that.
Nope. Spirituality is a state of mind. One leaves the mundane, workaday world behind in such moments, not not one's mind, body, or universe.
Dave Nelson wrote:
But in your case it is chemicals that unlock that rigid material training you created for yourself.
You apparently have zero idea about how I experience life.
Dave Nelson wrote:
Remember the first rule of atheism. If you can't see or measure, it doesn't exist.
And you seem to know little or nothing about atheism, humanism, rational skepticism, or materialism. All you have are your caricatures of all of these things.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190471 Dec 7, 2013
<quoted text>
We don't fight Christmas. We fight the Christian church trying to encroach on our lives, and of Christians trying to monopolize the winter solstice celebrations.
Anyway, Happy Holidays from Santa, Rudolph and Frosty. Jesus sends his regrets. He won't be able to make Christmas again this year.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6F-48fU3pHI/Tt4vdOa...
Trying to encroach?!

HA HA HA!!!!

Ya, all those evil nativity scenes and religious Christmas songs screw up your taxes every year, huh?

Fennario

#190472 Dec 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
That is what I read years ago. I agree with you on a realistic basis concerning "natural" pot. However, that stuff has been laced with so much crap you don't know what you are ingesting in your lungs.
Not true.

You should worry about your food, air and water, not your pot.
Dave Nelson wrote:
And this new artificial marijuana has killed some people here in CO.
Your say-so is good enough for me.
Dave Nelson wrote:
Marijuana is legal here, but that doesn't stop the profiteers from making things dangerous. It can be legal nationwide and they can pass laws requiring it to be 100% organic and you will still have those guys lacing it.
Lacing pot? With what? Cocaine? Meth? PCP? Use your head. Who's going to give you those things in your bag of pot?

You don't feel the least need to back up any of your claims in this area, do you? What you have been led to believe is of no value to others, only what you know and can demonstrate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 min Richard 29,589
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 8 min Richard 11,761
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 10 min Richard 3,514
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 29 min Time again 19,818
News Speaking for God 2 hr Lawrence Wolf 566
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 4 hr Eagle 12 50,979
Religion Down Suicide Up 8 hr Amused 98
More from around the web