Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 239307 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#190319 Dec 7, 2013
There's no hiding from facts.

Although a church can be good camouflage.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#190320 Dec 7, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, in some cases there are monopolies. Private enterprise is the best path. We need more of it, not less. More government stifles free enterprise and destroys incentive.
Every recession and depression have been caused by government.
Every dollar taken from the private economy and put into government is counter productive to the success of the people.
Well, at least McDonald's employees know how much to tip their au pairs.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/...

“Filia Spartacus”

Since: Jun 13

Libertas

#190321 Dec 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to research that to get your joke. I hadn't heard of Noddy or Big Ears before your post. As far as I know, this story never got to the States.
No comment:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ID1HJDRGf7w/UTWFY3V...
Really?! I remember them from when I was a kid.

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#190322 Dec 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to research that to get your joke. I hadn't heard of Noddy or Big Ears before your post. As far as I know, this story never got to the States.
No comment:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ID1HJDRGf7w/UTWFY3V...
Actually, your cartoon could be taken in a very adult way. LOL

*raises eyebrows*
Bongo

Coram, NY

#190323 Dec 7, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, at least McDonald's employees know how much to tip their au pairs.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/...
Hi cupcake

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#190324 Dec 7, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is much more dangerous in the minds of teenagers and younger.
Yet it's still legal.
Touche'!

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#190325 Dec 7, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
Beer causes man boobs and in some, it also causes Oppositional Defiance Disorder.
Anything that puts weight on a bloke, then leads to man boobs.

At least beer might mean he still gets laid.
:D

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#190327 Dec 7, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Anything that puts weight on a bloke, then leads to man boobs.

At least beer might mean he still gets laid.
:D
Lol.

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#190328 Dec 7, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you honestly think your area makes up the majority of marijuana in the whole world? There are many many strains and as a plant, it is natural.
Sure, people add stuff to it but not always and in its natural state, it is a natural plant.
Semantics.
Yes the old Cannabis sativa is a natural plant. Nowadays bush buds still are, but not the hydro form which is chocka with chemicals.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#190329 Dec 7, 2013
Nobody wrote:
<quoted text>
True - Anyone can define spirituality.
But atheists are excluded from believing in it. An atheist has no choice but to reduce every observed thing to matter. All things spiritual , by definition transcend matter.
From Amon Ra to Zeus and the hundreds of gods in between - I don't believe in any of them.

Yet that non-belief certainly doesn't exclude me from the sense of awe and wonderment that the religious may feel. All I need do is look up at the night sky and contemplate just how small and insignificant we actually are in the face of the cosmos. No need to resort to the supernatural.

If you're saying that only the religious get to define spirituality, then let's take away the common denominators of awe and wonder.

What does that leave us with?

It leaves us with any one or more of hundreds of gods from Amon Ra to Zeus.

Except that the religious can't demonstrate that their god(s) of choice are for real; all they can do is pretend to know stuff they don't know.

Location hidden

#190330 Dec 7, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Yes the old Cannabis sativa is a natural plant. Nowadays bush buds still are, but not the hydro form which is chocka with chemicals.
Very true, I really wish people would do more independent research. Sigh.

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#190331 Dec 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I visited Mark Twain's home, in Hartford, Conn., a few weeks ago.
He was a very intelligent, decent, creative, special guy.
Samuel Langhorne Clemens, yes he was.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#190332 Dec 7, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Hi cupcake
Morning Sunshine.

I was just reading the Bible.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/2017328384/h8A66...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#190335 Dec 7, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>No, in some cases there are monopolies. Private enterprise is the best path. We need more of it, not less. More government stifles free enterprise and destroys incentive.

Every recession and depression have been caused by government.

Every dollar taken from the private economy and put into government is counter productive to the success of the people.
Yet corporations exist just to amass money. That old lie about paying less in taxes so they can hire more people has worn itself out. Pay higher wages so the middle class has more discretionary income is what will help the economy.

You've been had.

I'm not surprised.

Location hidden

#190336 Dec 7, 2013
darksoul wrote:
<quoted text>some men need courage to get laid, i am not 1 of them. i do not drink but i am pretty good with word's...sound's good right! lol
i wasn't going to bring it up but here in aus, guys need beer to talk to women. goodonya.

Location hidden

#190337 Dec 7, 2013
darksoul wrote:
<quoted text>i research it every year as i grow n my backyard, i use horse manure for fertilize, the more organtic the better i think. i've had some plant's big as dogwood tree's!
that's wonderful, so, no chemicals?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#190338 Dec 7, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because it isn't a drug, it isn't addictive and it doesn't kill.
I didn't condemn anything, just listed facts. You knew Marijuana was illegal didn't you?
Arguing with me about something you clearly know close to nothing about doesn't make you right. Just makes you yet another christian, slinging shit.
You seem to be catching the shit just fine....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190339 Dec 7, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what you said.
Here are some of your "undisputed facts" so far, BlatherToones.
Undisputed fact - You did not exist prior to being expelled from the birth canal.
Unidsputed fact - Evolution is not disputed.
Undisputed fact - There is no paranormal, and nothing spiritual.
Undisputed fact - No god exists.
That's quite a list you have going, BlatherToones.
Can we look forward to more additions? I sure hope so, because your stupidity is entertaining.
Leonard Mlodinow, quantum physicist, co-author with Stephen Hawking:
"Science cannot tell you if there is or is not a god".
Oops! The physicist disputes your science, Bart Buffoon.
Wonder who we should go with?
You forgot his other fact:

Undisputed fact - DNA didn't exist until it was discovered.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190340 Dec 7, 2013
darksoul wrote:
<quoted text>pot is a schedule 1 drug, which mean's it's classified along with herion and coke, which is ridicules!! altho the law's where i live and many other places have become relaxed a lil, some states have went all out with pot, sadly the state i'm from hasn't yet! pot to alotta people that has never tried it, u know like some1 would try acid for the first time and b like eooeoooeooooeeoo acid, no thank's, but then u try it and it's like that sh..it ant nuttn!! i have took some "vitamin a" that was somethin tho, i am an convicted drug trafficker n my state, i just got off parole, nov. 12th of this year. i know a lil bout a lil somethin, somethin......sorry, i don't know why i interjected myself n ur conversation..... must b sumthin n the air.....
You're arguing with a stoner that thinks pot ain't a drug.

Just sayin.

Carrion.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190341 Dec 7, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you stick your thumb up your ass and pull out a plum Bob?
Bwahaha...
(a 'plum bob' is a carpenter's tool for aligning vertical structure - thus, the double entendre')
I wonder what he does with the string...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Pahu 2,200
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Eagle 12 7,445
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr karl44 19,059
News Richard Dawkins insists he's not an angry athei... 2 hr geezerjock 1
Reason is the root of mental illness!!! 8 hr Thinking 3
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 11 hr Exodus771 7,493
News Number of Christians Decline 'Unaffiliated' Ris... 22 hr Thinking 6
More from around the web