Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#190209 Dec 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Greet the Dread Pirate Roberts for me, will you?
I had never heard of him, so I pulled a mac and googled (a la fake market).

Interesting!! I'll give him your warm regards.

“The who whating how with huh?”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#190210 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!

"The he is always lower-caaaaaaaased...."

Does anyone celebrate Saturnalia anymore?
You do. You call it christmas.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#190211 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I always doubt the sincerity of The Topix Atheist! when they talk about their supposed study of the Bible.
Yeah.

I know what that's like.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#190212 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Since you agree, why didn't you debate Luci when she said that pot is natural....?

Even the shit weed my little brother buys has about 4 times the THC levels of natural marijuana.
Pot's not natural?

Earth

#190213 Dec 6, 2013
darksoul wrote:
<quoted text>i keep my "beer goggles" on my queen!
why does your queen tolerate such behaviour? welcome.

Earth

#190214 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Since you agree, why didn't you debate Luci when she said that pot is natural....?

Even the shit weed my little brother buys has about 4 times the THC levels of natural marijuana.
Do you honestly think your area makes up the majority of marijuana in the whole world? There are many many strains and as a plant, it is natural.

Sure, people add stuff to it but not always and in its natural state, it is a natural plant.

Semantics.
Me Myself and I

Wyncote, PA

#190215 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Genetically altered.....
You mean like the way you are genetically different from both your parents ?

OK.

You are a hybrid just like every other living thing on this planet. You must have been bred for brawn 'cause you haven't much brains.

Earth

#190216 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>RiversideRedneck wrote:

Does anyone still celebrate Saturnalia?

No.

Christmas is called "Christmas".

Saturnalia was called "Saturnalia".

I'm wondering if anyone still celebrates Saturnalia.
Yeah, you do. It's called something different now, christmas.

Earth

#190217 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Lol

Marijuana's illegal, too.

Plus it clearly qualifies as a drug, especially in the enhanced form you can get it today.

There's nothing natural about pot's THC levels anymore
I know it's still illegal in places and never said it wasn't. Just said it's not a drug. It's not addictive. It doesn't kill.

You didn't read my post did you?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#190218 Dec 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hehehe.

One of the best movies ever made...

Earth

#190219 Dec 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>You were spouting the druggie excuse bullshit.

I'm not inexperienced with drugs and the people that are addicted to them.

Wanna hear a sad story?

I was TDY at Ft Gordon, GA in the mid-70's. I went home on leave to Ft, Huachuca, AZ, which is about 1900 miles away. There was good pot very cheap available in AZ. Had this lovely green stuff that cost $10, that's ten, a baggie. More than an ounce, almost the whole baggie.

I drove back to GA with two of them. I get to the turn to the front gate of the post and I see the drug dogs at the guard post.

Holy fucking shit!!

I decide not to enter at that time and went on down the road until I hit a stretch with no development and very light traffic. I pull off, open the passenger window, and chunk my stash out the window and into the high weeds, then drive off. Almost crying. But better than getting caught with a few ounces of pot back in that time, especially on a military installation.

There is no doubt in my mind there was a very, very happy prison road gang member that found it later. A nice fully stuffed leather tobacco pouch with papers.

Sniff...still brings tears to my eyes.
That is sad, especially the part before the story.
Me Myself and I

Wyncote, PA

#190220 Dec 6, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
You do. You call it christmas.
Correct.

The only place 'Christ's Mass' is celebrated is in Catholic Churches. Protestants celebrate Saturnalia and a host of other Pagan Mid-Winter rituals and call it "Christmas" wich is essentially a nonsense word. They could have called it "Gylfrizz Day" for as much as it has to do with Jesus/Christ.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#190221 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Marshmallows?
Huh...
Take a marshmallow, chocolate and graham crackers together in the right quantities, toast them, now you no longer have a marshmallow, chocolate and graham crackers.
You have s'mores.
That used to be a marshmallow, chocolate and graham crackers.
Things change, Ben.
I thought you knew.
The only thing that changed was the amount of thermal energy applied to each component. They're still marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers.

I thought you knew.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#190222 Dec 6, 2013
Thinking wrote:
There are a couple of prisons over here that may move to private management... but these same companies have been found to be mischarging the government for monitoring tagged individuals who are no longer tagged (some are even dead). This policy is on hold pending an investigation by the Serious Fraud Office.(As opposed to the Flippant Fraud Office?)
http://www.theguardian.com/law/2013/nov/04/se...
<quoted text>
As opposed to Ordinary Fraud Office, which doesn't actually investigate.

<heh>

Location hidden

#190223 Dec 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#190224 Dec 6, 2013
Two opinions:

1. Various countries legalise the use of certain drugs - but few legalise supply. So users must buy from criminals. That's just not well thought out.

2. Abstinence is often stultifyingly simplistic. Churches that enforce abstinence have a lot of teenage pregnancies, and a lot of abuse cases. Prohibition was a total f**k up. People need to sit down and discuss the pros and cons of legalising drugs. This is coming from someone that only drinks wine and beer - my only self interest is in making places I want to visit in Central and South America a little bit safer, and hitting the heroin based finances of the Taliban and their ilk.
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>It does.
Mostly an utterly pointless by-product of the mostly-pointless "War on Drugs".
Did you know tht Sweden is closing prisons due to lack of need?
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/11/...

Earth

#190225 Dec 6, 2013
Me Myself and I wrote:
<quoted text>Correct.

The only place 'Christ's Mass' is celebrated is in Catholic Churches. Protestants celebrate Saturnalia and a host of other Pagan Mid-Winter rituals and call it "Christmas" wich is essentially a nonsense word. They could have called it "Gylfrizz Day" for as much as it has to do with Jesus/Christ.
Gylfrizz Day, I like it and you are right.

Location hidden

#190226 Dec 6, 2013
Me Myself and I wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
Christmas has nothing to do with Jesus.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#190228 Dec 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, "gods" were replaced by the magnificence of "Nature" that produced wondrous creatures such as ourselves. Out of nothing.
You see, nothing can exist until we say it does.
It's called a god substitute.
You can't behold the beauty of a landscape or a spiritual feeling unless you have something to ascribe it to. Unless you were a totally materialistic creature exploiting whatever it can find. That would be true evolution from randomness. It would all be about the exploiting. No "morality" or spirituality to mess it up.
Yahweh, Zeus, Sagan, Dawkins. Oy, they are all the same.
.. isn't it the other way around? Didn't pagans originally worship nature, not a god ??..

.. consider the Mayan culture; their total absorption in cosmology ..

.. many scholars think the priesthood perverted man's worship of nature in a successful bid for control and power. The natural became the supernatural ..

Earth

#190230 Dec 6, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
I love that movie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 15 min rfirma 1,028
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr Gillette 5,946
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 6 hr Pahu 1,422
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 22 hr thetruth 14,445
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 22 hr thetruth 25
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... Tue Catholic Girl 27
Why the Internet is slowly strangling religion Tue Dally Mama 3

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE