Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258476 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#190362 Dec 7, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Better to be a drunk and rot your insides I suppose.
Didn't know I was a 'stoner', whatever would I do without loving christians telling me all the things I am.
Oregano and parsley are drugs too right? Oh, of course not, the Govt and media that control you haven't told you they are.
Oh right, cuz pot only rots the outsides...

My bad.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190363 Dec 7, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
tell her what she wants to hear? do guys ever just be themselves from the start? im curious but yes, you um, made sense, lmao
Honest pick up line:

"My body may look good in this outfit but I’m actually pretty chunky. And I have a big zit on my back right now but if we do it with the lights off, I promise you won’t notice a thing."

Or my fav:

"I got three inches and two minutes of pure lovin for ya!"

Works every time.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#190364 Dec 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Just paying you back for a when you say "Go".
Go.
What?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#190365 Dec 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Oh right, cuz pot only rots the outsides...

My bad.
Lame but kinda funny in a lame way.

Location hidden

#190366 Dec 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Honest pick up line:

"My body may look good in this outfit but I’m actually pretty chunky. And I have a big zit on my back right now but if we do it with the lights off, I promise you won’t notice a thing."

Or my fav:

Works every time.
Ew.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#190367 Dec 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww
Did I upset the pity poor atheist...
Merry Christmas!
You're confusing activists with secular people.

Merry Christmas!

The day has nothing to do with Jesus.

I thought you knew.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#190368 Dec 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Read many years ago that one doobie was equal to 14 cigarettes for tar and nastiness.
You've got it backwards. In fact, people that smoke only pot not only don't get lung disease, from "Study: Smoking Marijuana Not Linked with Lung Damage" at http://healthland.time.com/2012/01/10/study-s... , "Marijuana smokers performed better on tests of lung function compared to nonsmokers and cigarette smokers"
Dave Nelson wrote:
I'm weak ... I will confess to being a hopeless nicotine addict. And the tar, and the burning sensation of that smoke delivering the goodies. In fact, I am indulging as I type this. The expense keeps me from indulging in any others.
Then perhaps you should stop looking down your nose at what you disparingly call "druggies." I've told you before that you're trusting the wrong people. You've bought into their self-serving paradigm, which profits from criminalizing pot and pushing tobacco. The carnage from each is staggering.

We really, really, RE

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190369 Dec 7, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confusing activists with secular people.
Merry Christmas!
The day has nothing to do with Jesus.
I thought you knew.
Yes of course, my lil puddin pop.

Jesus Christ has nothing to do with Christmas.

Of course...

You should tell the other atheists.

They might stop fighting it every year....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190371 Dec 7, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Go.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190372 Dec 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got it backwards. In fact, people that smoke only pot not only don't get lung disease, from "Study: Smoking Marijuana Not Linked with Lung Damage" at http://healthland.time.com/2012/01/10/study-s... , "Marijuana smokers performed better on tests of lung function compared to nonsmokers and cigarette smokers"
I've read that, too.

Isn't the reason because pot smokers might only smoke one or two joints a day while a cigarette smoker might smoke 10-20 cigarettes a day?

*cough*

Location hidden

#190373 Dec 7, 2013
I really wish topix had direct sound capabilities, like online gaming. It would save so much futile typing.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#190374 Dec 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Honest pick up line:
Or my fav:
Works every time.
"Do you think this handkerchief smells of chloroform?"

That one always worked for me.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#190375 Dec 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course...
Jesus isn't needed for Christmas; we can enjoy it perfectly well without him.

For those that can't enjoy Christmas without Jesus.....well, perhaps you're out of touch.

When it comes to being altruistic, there's definitely no requirement for Jesus. However, people who need Jesus to be altruistic are, quite possibly, dicks.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#190376 Dec 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course...
So...you're saying there is a War on Christmas?

How do you fight it?

Do you buy stuff and give it to other people? That'll show em.

Do you worship the doll in the manger?

"Hold the damn goat, Bobby. It's trying to eat the Baby Jesus' hand again. For Christsakes. I'm not directing this next year. I swear to God I'm not. OMFG, the sheep shit again. MILDRED GET THE SHOVEL !!!" ~ Roma Downey

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#190377 Dec 7, 2013
<quoted text>
No.
If you think that authentic spirituality has anything to do with the supernatural or superstitions, then you can't define it. You have no idea what it is.
You're confused, IANS.

Spirituality is a stepping out of the body, so to speak. Ethereal, non-substance, or something like that. You know, like smoking some good shit or dropping some acid. You enter another realm of understanding. Temporarily as it usually is. But in your case it is chemicals that unlock that rigid material training you created for yourself.

Remember the first rule of atheism. If you can't see or measure, it doesn't exist. Yet you can feel that "spirituality", that ethereality, that release from the body. At least to a degree.

The same happens in dreams and NDE's. Detached consciousness from the body. This seems to be an innate yearning for people, the prime reason for getting drunk, stoned, and pursuit of palliative care.

It is 7 degrees, 15 mph wind, and a goddamned 80% humidity this morning which is freezing may ass off. That damned humidity. Where does it come from in 7 degree weather? It is it's normal 20% in the house. Usually that or less outside.

I have to go outside to feed those stupid ass cats in this shit.

I need a couple of doobies.

:-)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#190378 Dec 7, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
I can't speak for you, but I gather most doctors would not want to be a government employee. Those doctors who presently are employed by the government make less money, and have less desirable working conditions.
I don't know about less desirable working conditions. VA doctors are pretty much immune from malpractice suits, rarely take call, don't get out of bed at night, don't have to build a practice, don't have to run a business or pay lease/payroll, don't go to nursing homes, don't have to get credentialed at hospitals or with health plans, don't have to visit multiple hospitals in a day, and more.
Buck Crick wrote:
The private sector is a far better arbiter of the exchange of money and services. This is irrefutable.
It's refutable.

Look at your domestic airlines, the poster child for deregulation and market forces from the Reagan era. It's a laughingstock.

Look at private health insurance versus public health insurance. When you factor in industry profits, and the heartless and short-sighted way that benefits are meted out, it's much less efficient.

I just showed you the problem with profiteering in corrections.

How about private police and military forces? Wouldn't those be lovely services?
Buck Crick wrote:
There we find incentives for efficiency. In government, the incentives are perverse - they mask inefficiency for the primary goal of power and longevity.
The profit incentive is a powerful machine to motivate efficiency, industry and innovation, but it is also an incentive to commit fraud and to harm people, meaning that it must be regulated everywhere, and that it is inappropriate altogether in some areas.
Buck Crick wrote:
"The greatest advances of civilization, whether in architecture or painting, in science and literature, in industry or agriculture, have never come from centralized government."
-Milton Friedman
Never? How about the Roman Empire and America before the late 20th century?

That Friedman / Laffer / Norquist stuff is Reagan apologetics. I know that you are still an advocate of it, but I most definitely am not. I consider supply-side economics and the Republican's philosophy of taxation to be a con job.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#190379 Dec 7, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Then perhaps you should stop looking down your nose at what you disparingly call "druggies." I've told you before that you're trusting the wrong people. You've bought into their self-serving paradigm, which profits from criminalizing pot and pushing tobacco. The carnage from each is staggering.
We really, really, RE
That is what I read years ago.

I agree with you on a realistic basis concerning "natural" pot. However, that stuff has been laced with so much crap you don't know what you are ingesting in your lungs. And this new artificial marijuana has killed some people here in CO. Wrong chemicals can cause cancer or respiratory arrest.

Marijuana is legal here, but that doesn't stop the profiteers from making things dangerous. It can be legal nationwide and they can pass laws requiring it to be 100% organic and you will still have those guys lacing it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190381 Dec 7, 2013
Khatru wrote:
"Do you think this handkerchief smells of chloroform?"
That one always worked for me.
Only for the old guys.

Us younger guys don't use handkerchiefs...

"You don't seem too drunk, can I have your number? Or should I buy you another round?"

lol

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190382 Dec 7, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus isn't needed for Christmas; we can enjoy it perfectly well without him.
For those that can't enjoy Christmas without Jesus.....well, perhaps you're out of touch.
When it comes to being altruistic, there's definitely no requirement for Jesus. However, people who need Jesus to be altruistic are, quite possibly, dicks.
Without Jesus, there'd be no Christmas.

Just sayin...

Location hidden

#190383 Dec 7, 2013
darksoul wrote:
<quoted text>so they don't have video chat on here huh?
nah but i wouldn't want that, just sounds would suffice, it can be done through youtube, with a background image and a link but what a hassle just to say duuuuuh and whatnot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Samuel Patre 87,363
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) Feb 17 superwilly 5,811
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Feb 14 ChristineM 4,032
Christianity almost did not happen Feb 12 Quatsch22 1
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Feb 12 dollarsbillmom 19
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb 10 superwilly 5,154
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Feb 9 Eagle 12 - 257
More from around the web