Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 9,123)

Showing posts 182,441 - 182,460 of216,893
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
Pot is fine if use is limited to grown adults.
This is the first time that you have acknowledged any distinction between the various illicit drugs after a half dozen posts decrying the use of "drugs," including a litany of songs the first of which was about "reefer," and a derogatory comment about its users. This was your post, wasn't it?:
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =RovD-0Hze8A
Cab Calloway did that in 1932.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
There were lots of songs about drugs in the 20's and 30's.
Not very flattering about the users of them.
You also posted the following when I said that pot was safe, and that I didn't trust government reports about it:
Dave Nelson wrote:
Those links I posted about arrested development were done by professionals and are accepted as fact by the medical community and government. You have professed accepting such studies and findings as fact in everything else but in your own experience. You said you don't believe those things. I should not have to say anything more.

“Which "god"?”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>LuciFerr wrote, "That's appalling. I have no words."

I agree.

What do you suppose the corporatocracy - corporate America and its puppet government - are doing about it? Do you think that is is as appalled as you, and is taking corrective action to put an end to this profitable but unjust practice?

These are the kinds of things that Americans need to take heed of. These are the clues that old ways of thinking need to be reexamined. It was reasonable to trust our government when we were young.

Americans are aware that there is an enemy afoot, but they have been misled into thinking that it is one of the political parties. Whether you identify with the Republicans or the Democrats, each citizen needs to notice that it is his entire government that is the problem. Both parties support this practice, along with dozens more policies like it, such as the war on drugs and the war on terror, which are also more profitable than just or reasonable.
Divide and enslave?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I agree.
What do you suppose the corporatocracy - corporate America and its puppet government - are doing about it? Do you think that is is as appalled as you, and is taking corrective action to put an end to this profitable but unjust practice?
These are the kinds of things that Americans need to take heed of. These are the clues that old ways of thinking need to be reexamined. It was reasonable to trust our government when we were young.
Americans are aware that there is an enemy afoot, but they have been misled into thinking that it is one of the political parties. Whether you identify with the Republicans or the Democrats, each citizen needs to notice that it is his entire government that is the problem. Both parties support this practice, along with dozens more policies like it, such as the war on drugs and the war on terror, which are also more profitable than just or reasonable.
This aligns you with the Tea Party movement.

Yeah, low blow.

Couldn't resist.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Thinking wrote:
There are a couple of prisons over here that may move to private management... but these same companies have been found to be mischarging the government for monitoring tagged individuals who are no longer tagged (some are even dead). This policy is on hold pending an investigation by the Serious Fraud Office.(As opposed to the Flippant Fraud Office?)
http://www.theguardian.com/law/2013/nov/04/se...
<quoted text>
These flippant fraudsters get away with it far more than serious fraudsters. Perhaps because there is no flippant fraud office to investigate.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thatís a problem with you education then, luckily if you set you mind to it then perhaps you are capable of better things.
Consider this step one of that slow and long slope.
Thanks a million, Christine.

Tell me, along the same lines of my education, can I drive to the UK, or does getting there require a plane or a boat?

I hope you understand how much I appreciate your help.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess, you have no idea what I actually wrote and have decided to call me a "druggie" instead.
You were spouting the druggie excuse bullshit.

I'm not inexperienced with drugs and the people that are addicted to them.

Wanna hear a sad story?

I was TDY at Ft Gordon, GA in the mid-70's. I went home on leave to Ft, Huachuca, AZ, which is about 1900 miles away. There was good pot very cheap available in AZ. Had this lovely green stuff that cost $10, that's ten, a baggie. More than an ounce, almost the whole baggie.

I drove back to GA with two of them. I get to the turn to the front gate of the post and I see the drug dogs at the guard post.

Holy fucking shit!!

I decide not to enter at that time and went on down the road until I hit a stretch with no development and very light traffic. I pull off, open the passenger window, and chunk my stash out the window and into the high weeds, then drive off. Almost crying. But better than getting caught with a few ounces of pot back in that time, especially on a military installation.

There is no doubt in my mind there was a very, very happy prison road gang member that found it later. A nice fully stuffed leather tobacco pouch with papers.

Sniff...still brings tears to my eyes.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm off to Patagonia next week.
Why do you ask?
Dude you are totally killing the atmosphere with all that excessive air travel.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

<quoted text>
This is the first time that you have acknowledged any distinction between the various illicit drugs after a half dozen posts decrying the use of "drugs," including a litany of songs the first of which was about "reefer," and a derogatory comment about its users. This was your post, wasn't it?:
<quoted text>
You also posted the following when I said that pot was safe, and that I didn't trust government reports about it:
<quoted text>
It is not safe in the body chemistry of teenagers or younger. They are still developing.

You are saying it is. Science says it is not. Human experience also says it is not.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks a million, Christine.
Tell me, along the same lines of my education, can I drive to the UK, or does getting there require a plane or a boat?
I hope you understand how much I appreciate your help.
You may have a problem driving through the Atlantic puddle but it may be worth a try. Feel free to experiment and learn.

I believe I now exactly how much you appreciate it.
Thinking

Chard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

They should never have shut the Mildy Sardonic Fraud Office.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
These flippant fraudsters get away with it far more than serious fraudsters. Perhaps because there is no flippant fraud office to investigate.
Thinking

Chard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Mildly, even ^

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You were spouting the druggie excuse bullshit.
I'm not inexperienced with drugs and the people that are addicted to them.
Wanna hear a sad story?
I was TDY at Ft Gordon, GA in the mid-70's. I went home on leave to Ft, Huachuca, AZ, which is about 1900 miles away. There was good pot very cheap available in AZ. Had this lovely green stuff that cost $10, that's ten, a baggie. More than an ounce, almost the whole baggie.
I drove back to GA with two of them. I get to the turn to the front gate of the post and I see the drug dogs at the guard post.
Holy fucking shit!!
I decide not to enter at that time and went on down the road until I hit a stretch with no development and very light traffic. I pull off, open the passenger window, and chunk my stash out the window and into the high weeds, then drive off. Almost crying. But better than getting caught with a few ounces of pot back in that time, especially on a military installation.
There is no doubt in my mind there was a very, very happy prison road gang member that found it later. A nice fully stuffed leather tobacco pouch with papers.
Sniff...still brings tears to my eyes.
Ft. Gordon?

Were you in the Signal Corps?

I spent some time near Ft. Benning.

Those boys could get some good dope.

Airborne jumpers thought they were tough. Mopped up a few bars with them.
Thinking

Chard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Please give it my best regards. We once sailed down to the San Rafael glacier. Beautiful part of the world.

http://www.cruiseschile.com/skorpios2.htm...
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm off to Patagonia next week.
Why do you ask?

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a Roman tradition, which was Christianised and incorporated into Christmas.
http://thetruthandlight.wordpress.com/2008/12...
http://www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/Christ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturnalia
Yes, I know.

But does anyone celebrate saturnalia anymore?

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
No, they didn't.
They know it's not worth the time or paper it's written on.
Sometimes you don't have to read an entire book to figure that out.
You just have to observe the people who have.
Aerobatty wrote:
They know it's not worth the time or paper it's written on.
Golly gee whiz, I wonder where they got that opinion from.

I'm stumped.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Thinking wrote:
They should never have shut the Mildy Sardonic Fraud Office.
<quoted text>
True, law and order has never been the same since.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have a problem driving through the Atlantic puddle but it may be worth a try. Feel free to experiment and learn.
I believe I now exactly how much you appreciate it.
Oh. So going to the UK from here requires crossing the Atlantic.

Thanks a million...pounds.

(Notice how I cleverly worked my previous lesson into the statement?)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude you are totally killing the atmosphere with all that excessive air travel.
Could be worse, did your parents never teach you that itís in through the nose and out through the mouth as opposed to your usual in trough the nose and out through the a$$

Since: Dec 13

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

A flower creates pollen, a bee will collect the pollen and scatter it about thus pollinating other flowers of the same type and continuing the cycle, is that not purpose?
http://www.rashmi.com/home/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know.
But does anyone celebrate saturnalia anymore?
Yes. the kids think itís great to have free run for a week, it teaches them a lot about responsibility while fun is had by all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 182,441 - 182,460 of216,893
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••