Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#190293 Dec 6, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you stick your thumb up your ass and pull out a plum Bob?
Bwahaha...
(a 'plum bob' is a carpenter's tool for aligning vertical structure - thus, the double entendre')
Your fascination with people's azzholes is legendary.

And quite telling; obviously you have some serious latent homosexual tendencies here.

But that's okay... gay marriage is becoming available everywhere these days.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#190295 Dec 6, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Just wow.
Denial is a very powerful thing.

Dave knows better.

But he's a nicotine addict.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#190296 Dec 6, 2013
darksoul wrote:
<quoted text>pot is a schedule 1 drug, which mean's it's classified along with herion and coke, which is ridicules!! altho the law's where i live and many other places have become relaxed a lil, some states have went all out with pot, sadly the state i'm from hasn't yet! pot to alotta people that has never tried it, u know like some1 would try acid for the first time and b like eooeoooeooooeeoo acid, no thank's, but then u try it and it's like that sh..it ant nuttn!! i have took some "vitamin a" that was somethin tho, i am an convicted drug trafficker n my state, i just got off parole, nov. 12th of this year. i know a lil bout a lil somethin, somethin......sorry, i don't know why i interjected myself n ur conversation..... must b sumthin n the air.....
I think you've been arrested developmentally.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#190297 Dec 6, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you still smoking?

Dave Nelson wrote, "I'm not inexperienced with drugs and the people that are addicted to them."

I know. You smoke.

Why are you still smoking?
He's addicted.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#190298 Dec 6, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> I cant cut a tree without a permit, cameras at almost every intersection mete out tickets by the ten thousnds a week, 85 dollars each. The cops are always ready to condescend and pummel you at the slightest question, the state is the biggest employer, they get guaranteed 8% even if the markets are down, full health and pension even to their second families after divorce. property tax of 30k a year, an average house 15k. Pay late its 12% intrest , higest electric rates in the world due to bungling. The list goes on and on. Im leaving when my youngest gets out of school.
Right on the money, Bongo.

We cannot convince American people of the superiority of freedom any more.

They deserve what they get. And they are gonna' get it.

The people in the big election swing state of Ohio, I hear, are disappointed they are losing their health insurance.

Cry me a river, you Buckeyed bastards.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#190299 Dec 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>I'm weak.

Read many years ago that one doobie was equal to 14 cigarettes for tar and nastiness.

Do you use a hookah or bong?
Vaporizer.

Where you been, Dave?

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#190301 Dec 6, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>A common delusion is that government does things better, aka, prisons and health care.(That's the linkage to your comments)

For health care, I can't speak for you, but I gather most doctors would not want to be a government employee. Those doctors who presently are employed by the government make less money, and have less desirable working conditions.

Patients who are forced to avail themselves of government health care don't like it either.

The care Indians get on reservations is not what most Americans aspire to.

The private sector is a far better arbiter of the exchange of money and services. This is irrefutable. There we find incentives for efficiency. In government, the incentives are perverse - they mask inefficiency for the primary goal of power and longevity.

"The greatest advances of civilization, whether in architecture or painting, in science and literature, in industry or agriculture, have never come from centralized government."

-Milton Friedman
Of course, everybody in the private sector is totally honest and would never cheat to improve profits.

And they don't need to be regulated, either, because they're all just so goddamned honest and ethical.

Yaknow?

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#190302 Dec 6, 2013
darksoul wrote:
<quoted text>mark twain once said "quitting smoking was easy... he'd done it a hundred times". i presume he was talkn bout cigerett's or cigar's, i do partake n the fine herb of mother nature. i grow my own sh..it and i find it really relaxn here on this very rainy night. i just put 1 n the air...
Mark Twain capitalized.

You illiterate little gutter snipe sissy.

I bet you were popular in jail.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#190303 Dec 6, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark Twain capitalized.
You illiterate little gutter snipe sissy.
I bet you were popular in jail.
I visited Mark Twain's home, in Hartford, Conn., a few weeks ago.

He was a very intelligent, decent, creative, special guy.
hootie bootie

Oakland, TN

#190304 Dec 6, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgot I was talking to a moron.
I'll rephrase.
How come my farts don't smell like marshmellows after I eat marshmellows?
I realize this inquiry is a long shot.
a fart is a form of turd gas. after that marsmallow makes the long journey you gut pulls all the good stuff out including that wonderful smell but he gas has to be dealt with. i would suggest you hook a vacuum hose to your anus and the gas will be disposed of.

what does thsi have to do with a atheism being a religio?

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#190305 Dec 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, everybody in the private sector is totally honest and would never cheat to improve profits.
And they don't need to be regulated, either, because they're all just so goddamned honest and ethical.
Yaknow?
With the private sector, you can take your business elsewhere.

That's a proper incentive.
Cisco Kid

Columbia, CA

#190306 Dec 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Does he still mow his own lawn?
Cisco Kid

Columbia, CA

#190307 Dec 6, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>To those who are educated, and to most scientists, this term is used quite frequently.

I listed some of the things that are indisputable, all are supported by real credible, and demonstrable science......
Why do you waste your time worshipping the false god of science?

"Nobel winner: scientists get it wrong most of time
AP News | 12/06/13 06:42 pm

STOCKHOLM (AP)-- One of this year's Nobel Prize laureates says learning how to handle failure is key to becoming a successful scientist.

American James Rothman, who shared the medicine prize with countryman Randy Schekman and German-American Thomas Sudhof, said Friday that doing scientific research almost always means not getting the desired result.

The difference between "a great scientist and a not-so-lucky one," Rothman, told reporters and students in Stockholm, is the former fails 99 percent of the time, and the latter 99.9 percent......"

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#190308 Dec 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>Denial is a very powerful thing.

Dave knows better.

But he's a nicotine addict.
Lol. I have no words for Dave.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#190309 Dec 6, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>I think you've been arrested developmentally.
Pot kettle.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#190310 Dec 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know he believed in reincarnation?

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#190311 Dec 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirituality
Since atheists don't believe in the supernatural, superstitions, or any out of the "ordinary", they can't define it because they don't believe it exists. It would be beyond their means.
Or something like that.
Yes, you could say it takes a certain religious orientation to define it.
Now, what kind of nonsense are you going to come up with to say you can define you know nothing of? Eh?
The first few words from your link read as follows:

"The term spirituality lacks a definitive definition"

Spirituality is not something that only the religious get to define.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#190312 Dec 7, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yaknow?
Putting the biggest liars in charge of the biggest crooks always works out the best. If you're a liar or a crook, the only real solution Aero, is to purge ourselves of liars and crooks.
There are many good people with honest concerns like you convey here, unfortunately it seems none of them are in charge of the big corporations or our government.
Nobody

Miami, FL

#190313 Dec 7, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
The first few words from your link read as follows:
"The term spirituality lacks a definitive definition"
Spirituality is not something that only the religious get to define.
True - Anyone can define spirituality.

But atheists are excluded from believing in it. An atheist has no choice but to reduce every observed thing to matter. All things spiritual , by definition transcend matter.
Nobody

Miami, FL

#190314 Dec 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting the biggest liars in charge of the biggest crooks always works out the best. If you're a liar or a crook, the only real solution Aero, is to purge ourselves of liars and crooks.
There are many good people with honest concerns like you convey here, unfortunately it seems none of them are in charge of the big corporations or our government.
It's easy to be good when it's hard to be bad. The average joe doesn't really have the power to do bad. Corporate execs and government leaders lie, steal and cheat with relative impunity.

It's hard to be good when it is easy to be bad.

We are all corporate scumbags waiting for our opportunity to exercise human tendency to screw our fellow man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
High School Atheism 15 min superwilly 38
what science will NEVER be able to prove 28 min blacklagoon 3 61
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 50 min Dogen 3,199
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... (May '17) 4 hr Frindly 1,191
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 5 hr tongangodz 4,953
How Do You Debate? 8 hr blacklagoon 3 2
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 hr Dogen 83,810
More from around the web