Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258039 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#190157 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya. No.
Christmas is Christmas.
Do you think sailors still warn each other about sailing to the end of the ocean?
Does anyone still celebrate Saturnalia?
Hmmm...

Sooner or later it should come out that these personal trips into fantasy land by Topix atheists is bad for the economy. Disney and the movie industry will eventually be taking a big hit on their profits. These people stay at home entertaining themselves.

Amazing. The ability to change something by just uttering a word. All from your computer chair. Who needs reality when you have that going for you? Certainly not them. They are enlightened.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#190158 Dec 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>It is not safe in the body chemistry of teenagers or younger. They are still developing.

You are saying it is. Science says it is not. Human experience also says it is not.
Religion is much more dangerous in the minds of teenagers and younger.

Yet it's still legal.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#190159 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Aerobatty wrote, "

They know it's not worth the time or paper it's written on.
"

Golly gee whiz, I wonder where they got that opinion from.

I'm stumped.
Their comparative religion classes, me and common sense.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#190160 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Lol

Marijuana's illegal, too.

Plus it clearly qualifies as a drug, especially in the enhanced form you can get it today.

There's nothing natural about pot's THC levels anymore
Just means you don't need to smoke as much anymore.

Makes it even safer.

Rocky Ford, CO

#190161 Dec 6, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
Most excellent example of why religion will not go away.

Poor Topix atheists They are so "enlightened" they don't have a clue.

Spirituality is the gateway to inspiration and creativity. Letting the light shine in.

The difference between their sitting at a desk in a cubicle reading Dawkins day in an day out, and standing on a mountainside beholding the openness and light. A much, much higher quality of life, even if you can only do it on occasion.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#190162 Dec 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...
Sooner or later it should come out that these personal trips into fantasy land by Topix atheists is bad for the economy. Disney and the movie industry will eventually be taking a big hit on their profits. These people stay at home entertaining themselves.
Amazing. The ability to change something by just uttering a word. All from your computer chair. Who needs reality when you have that going for you? Certainly not them. They are enlightened.
Yes. They are the intellectuals here.

I'm just the dumb hick.

I didn't know all you had to do was say "Christmas isn't Christmas, it's Saturnalia" and it's so......
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#190163 Dec 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
EMF detectors are engineered to capture electro-magnetic fields - using Science.
Video recorders are engineered to capture live action using mecahnical, digital, and audio components - all devised and created by Science.
Digital recorders record noise and other sounds on many frequencies. The analyzation of these sounds using computers, all originate in Science.
Like I said - you are biased and it also sounds to me, you don't know what Science includes.
Okay blacklagoon - go ahead and add more qualifiers.
You are starting to sound like a religious apologist more than an supposed Atheist.
Sure EMF detectors pick up all sorts of things, mostly your refrigerator or any other electronic devise in your house. Is there ANY reason to to believe that the anomalous electromagnetic fields has anything to do with the supernatural or spirit realm? Both, by the way, are non-existent.

I agree that digital recorders and video recorders do as you say, how do these things have anythng to do with the spirit realm?

What is the science behind silver killing werewolves, or what science is behind sunlight killing Vampires?

In order to claim any of these devices can be used to detect things like spirits or ghosts, you first have to define in scientific terms what a ghost is. Once we establish that, we can further explore if these devices you mentioned, can work scientifically as a means of detection.

I don't need qualifiers, I only need good hard scientific evidence for your claim. Someone walking around an empty house waving an EMF meter in front of them searching for ghosts, is not very convincing.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190164 Dec 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
Their comparative religion classes, me and common sense.
I always doubt the sincerity of The Topix Atheist! when they talk about their supposed study of the Bible.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190165 Dec 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Just means you don't need to smoke as much anymore.
Makes it even safer.
Since you agree, why didn't you debate Luci when she said that pot is natural....?

Even the shit weed my little brother buys has about 4 times the THC levels of natural marijuana.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#190166 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude you are totally killing the atmosphere with all that excessive air travel.
Irony: The trip is in an effort to try to reduce environmental damage.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#190167 Dec 6, 2013
Pentatonix, "Little Drummer Boy"

http://distractify.com/people/amazing/pentato...

Brought tears to the eyes of a washed-up drunk.

Location hidden

#190168 Dec 6, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Sure EMF detectors pick up all sorts of things, mostly your refrigerator or any other electronic devise in your house. Is there ANY reason to to believe that the anomalous electromagnetic fields has anything to do with the supernatural or spirit realm? Both, by the way, are non-existent.
More of you "indisputable facts", BlatherSpoon?

This proves you are either omniscient or a liar.

I'm betting on the latter.

Rocky Ford, CO

#190169 Dec 6, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Sure EMF detectors pick up all sorts of things, mostly your refrigerator or any other electronic devise in your house. Is there ANY reason to to believe that the anomalous electromagnetic fields has anything to do with the supernatural or spirit realm? Both, by the way, are non-existent.
I agree that digital recorders and video recorders do as you say, how do these things have anythng to do with the spirit realm?
What is the science behind silver killing werewolves, or what science is behind sunlight killing Vampires?
In order to claim any of these devices can be used to detect things like spirits or ghosts, you first have to define in scientific terms what a ghost is. Once we establish that, we can further explore if these devices you mentioned, can work scientifically as a means of detection.
I don't need qualifiers, I only need good hard scientific evidence for your claim. Someone walking around an empty house waving an EMF meter in front of them searching for ghosts, is not very convincing.
Poor loonygoony.

He is just incapable of realizing that at being 1/7000000000th of the human species his "needs", such as proof, are really insignificant to the whole.

Even if he does imagine he is the spokesperson for the mass of humanity.

That's a mental pathology, loony.

Location hidden

#190170 Dec 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you can pat each other on the back and feel superior.

Trouble is, the best way to cut CO2 is to do more fracking and burn more coal here in the U.S., and environmentalists fight it.

Environmentalists are the biggest threat to the environment.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#190171 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I always doubt the sincerity of The Topix Atheist! when they talk about their supposed study of the Bible.
On more than one occasion there have been examples where Atheists know much more about what is contained in the bible than do the Theist. We study the bible so we will know when Theist are talking bullshit, kind of like you claiming slavery didn't exist in the bible that these unfortunate people were "Servants" Then to further cover your ass, you claimed the translation in the bible that dealt with slavery was faulty. When dealing with dishonesty, knowing the subject matter is important

Rocky Ford, CO

#190172 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. They are the intellectuals here.
I'm just the dumb hick.
I didn't know all you had to do was say "Christmas isn't Christmas, it's Saturnalia" and it's so......
If they went to Santa Fe, NM for Christmas Eve, got a room at the La Fonda with a fireplace, went for a walk around the plaza, stood on the balcony outside their room and looked around at the lights, peace, and stillness, they would understand the difference between Saturnalia and Christmas. Especially if it snowed.
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#190173 Dec 6, 2013
No, it's a dolphin.
nicolewiggins wrote:
A flower creates pollen, a bee will collect the pollen and scatter it about thus pollinating other flowers of the same type and continuing the cycle, is that not purpose?
http://www.rashmi.com/home/
Me Myself and I

Abington, PA

#190174 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya. No.
Christmas is Christmas.
Do you think sailors still warn each other about sailing to the end of the ocean?
Does anyone still celebrate Saturnalia?
Please tell me what a dead pine tree in the house, a yule log, holly, mistletoe, eggnog, giving gifts, parties, turkeys, roasted chestnuts, garlands, tinsel, colored lights, ornaments, etc. & etc. have to do with your Zombie God's birth ?

Asinine babbling from RR in 3... 2... 1...
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#190176 Dec 6, 2013
You're making plant food.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Me Myself and I

Abington, PA

#190177 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you agree, why didn't you debate Luci when she said that pot is natural....?
Even the shit weed my little brother buys has about 4 times the THC levels of natural marijuana.
What is unnatural marijuana ? Is made in a factory like artificial flowers and Saturnalia decorations ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 33 min Chimney1 48,484
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 1 hr JustASkeptic 6
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr Into The Night 23,491
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) Sat ChristineM 21,863
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sat Eagle 12 4,907
Why you need to make sure you are saved before ... Fri Scaritual 14
Jesus Christ and Wisdom, Knowledge, Understandi... Nov 29 Richardfs 5
More from around the web