Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#189794 Dec 4, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, Tinky. Just becoming a pilot shows aptitude.
and altitude.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#189796 Dec 4, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>

If you were a 'Topix atheist', you'd likely be intelligent enough not to make such a stupid comment.
If you were a man, I'd knock your nose off to one side.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#189797 Dec 4, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>If you were a 'Topix atheist', you'd likely be intelligent enough not to make such a stupid comment.
Take it easy on poor Dave.

His brain is frozen solid.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#189798 Dec 4, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Do you me nose? Jeremiah 5:12 "They have belied the Lord, and said it snot he..." SOS 7:8 "...and the smell of thy nose like apples"
Precisely.

Location hidden

#189799 Dec 4, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll miss that water when your skin and flesh is burning in hell for what you just said, you harlot sonuvabitch.
I'll have a front row seat above, saying...
"Let's roast some marshmellows!"
Jeez, buck. Harsh.

Location hidden

#189800 Dec 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeez, buck. Harsh.
Which part?

Location hidden

#189801 Dec 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it easy on poor Dave.
His brain is frozen solid.
Maybe his nut sac HVAC system is stuck open.

Mac Mucous claims men have those.

I don't. I have to cool my own nuts when they get hot.

Maybe I can get a Obama subsidy.

A hot nut sac subsidy.

Say that 3 times.

Location hidden

#189802 Dec 4, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
They set him free physically. They didn't keep his soul intact and forgiving.
You spend several years in prison as an innocent man and see if you come out all forgiving and able to move on.
That was your secular system that let him down, not a religious one. It is religious groups that go into prisons to help those guys, not your kind.
But I thought our way of life, right down to our justice system, was informed by christian theology?

Can't have it both ways, dave.

Location hidden

#189803 Dec 4, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
It has been over two hours. It is almost 11 AM. I have fed the outside cats and birds. I made breakfast. I made tortillas and started the breadmaker. Cleaned the kitchen.
It is still 18 degrees and heavy overcast outside.
Yuk.
This is the world man was born into.
His technology has come about because of struggle and discomfort.
I can not understand why mankind has not concentrated his population into the tropics where living is easier.
Lots of disease in the tropics? And giant critters.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#189804 Dec 4, 2013
It’s a known fact that the Christmas Holidays presents a major influx of cash flow to business owners and the US economy. Including new car sales.

Yet some business refuse to put the word “Christmas” in any of their advertisements. One of those is Radio Shack. But they do substitute the word “Holiday.”

Interesting, because the word “Holiday,” is a derivative of the words “Holy Day.” Now the secret is out, what are they going to use instead of “Holiday?”

Anyway you look at it Christmas has it’s clutches on our economy. And it’s not going away. So if you’re a Scrooge. Enjoy the peace and quiet at home. Because the shopping malls are jammed packed.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#189805 Dec 4, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you bother?
Top 'o the mornin' to ya mac :)
Hi, Luci!

It's a bit like beating your head against a wall - not much fun while you're at it, but it's lovely when you leave off.

And sometimes I can't help trying.

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#189806 Dec 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, Luci!

It's a bit like beating your head against a wall - not much fun while you're at it, but it's lovely when you leave off.

And sometimes I can't help trying.
I take my imaginary hat off to you, I haven't the patience, plus I think my pony tail is too severe today, might have to sort my hair out so I can think better.
Bongo

Coram, NY

#189807 Dec 4, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Darling, is that sign on your dorm wall?

Location hidden

#189808 Dec 4, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
It’s a known fact that the Christmas Holidays presents a major influx of cash flow to business owners and the US economy. Including new car sales.
Yet some business refuse to put the word “Christmas” in any of their advertisements. One of those is Radio Shack. But they do substitute the word “Holiday.”
Interesting, because the word “Holiday,” is a derivative of the words “Holy Day.” Now the secret is out, what are they going to use instead of “Holiday?”
Anyway you look at it Christmas has it’s clutches on our economy. And it’s not going away. So if you’re a Scrooge. Enjoy the peace and quiet at home. Because the shopping malls are jammed packed.
Jews never want to see Christmas disappear. That is 50% or more of the profits of many of their businesses. Which, BTW, includes Christmas trees, decorations, and you name it.

You take away the spiritual and religious aspects of the day and you won't have the impetus for buying the decorations or that shopping season that starts at Thanksgiving.

All which feeds government coffers as taxes.

Turn it secular and it will dry up.

Location hidden

#189809 Dec 4, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
I take my imaginary hat off to you, I haven't the patience, plus I think my pony tail is too severe today, might have to sort my hair out so I can think better.
If you are as thick headed as you said, that ponytail may be stressing those hair roots, and/or overheating your brain. Don't pull it back so tight.

:-)

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#189810 Dec 4, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>If you are as thick headed as you said, that ponytail may be stressing those hair roots, and/or overheating your brain. Don't pull it back so tight.

:-)
Thick haired Dave, I know, it's all very confusing isn't it?

*pats Dave's head nicely whilst nodding and smiling*
Bongo

Coram, NY

#189811 Dec 4, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF? Everybody knows me. I'm not a troll.
Now imagine youre trolling for fish but the fish are smart, you could not catch them, Right? They could see the net or the line or hear the boat engines etc. Now , have topix atheists including the bifurcated atheist/rational skeptic duality variety and their concomitant rhetoric, considered that if those who operate outside of the known laws and possibilities of man,(spiritual beings etc) are smart, then man could never catch them, or figure them out. This being the case in my opinion. I conclude then, that atheists are arrogant, thinking their meager and limited knowledge and ability of man is some sort of benchmark.

Location hidden

#189812 Dec 4, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Thick haired Dave, I know, it's all very confusing isn't it?
*pats Dave's head nicely whilst nodding and smiling*
My very fine hair is also very thick. Absolute necessity to get seriously thinned every two months. Like yours, my head can get real dense in no time.

We have something in common.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#189813 Dec 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>There's no point talking to Bucky today.
He's in "deliberately-obtuse " mode today - I've seen it before.
It happens when his self-medication doesn't go as expected...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#189814 Dec 4, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
And what is even funnier? Nothing about "christmas" is actually about celebration of mass or your fictional christ.

The lighted tree? Evergreen branches? Holly? Mistletoe? All of these go back to the pagan Druid worship traditions.

The exchange of gifts? Roman Saturnalia celebrating winter solstice.

The date? Coincides, again, with winter solstice.

In fact? There is nothing about it that is overtly christian.

How amusing.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 min I can read 23,006
Evidence for God! 1 hr Uncle Sam 3
Does Being 'Spiritual But Not Religious' Really... 5 hr Thinking 8
Atheist because of art class 9 hr AtheistBodybuilde... 1
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 11 hr Richardfs 1,404
Islam for peace, or violence? 12 hr Thinking 54
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 12 hr Thinking 92
Our world came from nothing? 20 hr Thinking 1,061

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE