Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
182,041 - 182,060 of 224,099 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Bongo

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

Ive been pondering that topix atheists may be like pilot whales.
Bongo

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
He had to be saved from a crooked court system.
Our court system is crooked, top to bottom, and all in between.
It's crooked in every precinct of every county of every state.
The prosecutors and judges are of lower character than the criminals who come before them.
The only profession with lower morals is the clergy.
It's close on that call. I'm not a quibbledick on it.
I think your practicing quibberdickery with that one. 2nd request, have you ever punched out any church people. I know its tempting sometimes.

“Discussion Time”

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Definitely not. Faith is believing something without any supporting evidence. Atheism basis their lack of faith/religion on scientific evidence that has been given to refute previous/current religious beliefs.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, science and DNA saved him...
They set him free physically. They didn't keep his soul intact and forgiving.

You spend several years in prison as an innocent man and see if you come out all forgiving and able to move on.

That was your secular system that let him down, not a religious one. It is religious groups that go into prisons to help those guys, not your kind.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

It has been over two hours. It is almost 11 AM. I have fed the outside cats and birds. I made breakfast. I made tortillas and started the breadmaker. Cleaned the kitchen.

It is still 18 degrees and heavy overcast outside.

Yuk.

This is the world man was born into.

His technology has come about because of struggle and discomfort.

I can not understand why mankind has not concentrated his population into the tropics where living is easier.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
They set him free physically. They didn't keep his soul intact and forgiving.
You spend several years in prison as an innocent man and see if you come out all forgiving and able to move on.

That was your secular system that let him down, not a religious one. It is religious groups that go into prisons to help those guys, not your kind.
I didn't catch the background of this, but your last sentence is total bullshit.

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
It has been over two hours. It is almost 11 AM. I have fed the outside cats and birds. I made breakfast. I made tortillas and started the breadmaker. Cleaned the kitchen.
It is still 18 degrees and heavy overcast outside.
Yuk.
This is the world man was born into.
His technology has come about because of struggle and discomfort.
I can not understand why mankind has not concentrated his population into the tropics where living is easier.
You're not alone, dude.

Temperature here today will be in the 60s.

Long sleeve weather, rats.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
I wonder why you and I never grew an air-conditioning system for our balls?
You did if they descended into a nutsack.

Incidentally, monkeys and apes are adapted to the jungle. Man is thought to have evolved as an adaptation to the relatively treeless savannah when his anthropoid ancestors at the edge of the jungle branched out into this new niche. From http://karmatics.com/docs/evolution-still-the...

"Tree climbing ability and upper body strength was less important than ability to move about on the ground, and capabilities like carrying things long distances and throwing rocks at prey or predators were valuable. The savannah-compatible attributes and skills increased in number and degree among the populations living in the transition area between forest and savannah.

[snip]

"[I]ntelligence had an especially high value in the savanna. Being able to accurately throw a rock, sharpen a stick to use as a weapon, make a fence or other structure to protect themselves from predators, and make use of animal furs were all extremely valuable skills here, and those that more readily acquired these skills tended to be the ones that produced the most surviving children."

There was no reason for the apes and monkeys in the jungle to become more humanoid or to disappear.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> I think your practicing quibberdickery with that one. 2nd request, have you ever punched out any church people. I know its tempting sometimes.
That's how I got the name "Buck".

I was 14. I already weighed 210 and solid muscle.

Me, daddy, and mama were sitting in church Sunday night.

Huzz Huddleston, the baddest ass fighter in the county, came in the church drunk and sat down on the front seat. He was mumbling and shit.

Daddy looked at me with a real pissed-off look. I knew what he wanted.

I got up, walked up to Huzz, reached down and head-locked him. I pulled him up out of his seat and drug him to the back door.

Once outside, I never let go of the headlock and started slammin' Huzz's head into the side of the church. The old wood weatherboard was cracking when I would lambast his head into it.

Huzz begged me to let go and let's box.

I didn't take the chance. I beat his head into the wall till he collapsed.

Inside, hearing Huzz's head hittin' the wall, the preacher said,

"It sounds like we got a buck sheep trying to get in".

The rest is history.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
Bravo! True story. Happened in my home town. A local gynecologist was testifying in a rape case. The prosecutor asked him to identify the victim, whom he examined, sitting at the table. He said, "I'm not very good with faces".
Not without the sideways smile.

Funny.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Incidentally, monkeys and apes are adapted to the jungle. Man is thought to have evolved as an adaptation to the relatively treeless savannah when his anthropoid ancestors at the edge of the jungle branched out into this new niche. From http://karmatics.com/docs/evolution-still-the...
"Tree climbing ability and upper body strength was less important than ability to move about on the ground, and capabilities like carrying things long distances and throwing rocks at prey or predators were valuable. The savannah-compatible attributes and skills increased in number and degree among the populations living in the transition area between forest and savannah.
[snip]
"[I]ntelligence had an especially high value in the savanna. Being able to accurately throw a rock, sharpen a stick to use as a weapon, make a fence or other structure to protect themselves from predators, and make use of animal furs were all extremely valuable skills here, and those that more readily acquired these skills tended to be the ones that produced the most surviving children."
There was no reason for the apes and monkeys in the jungle to become more humanoid or to disappear.
There's no point talking to Bucky today.

He's in "deliberately-obtuse " mode today - I've seen it before.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

<quoted text>
[snip]
I don't think so.

My scrotum, nice as it is, has no refrigerant, and even if it did, there is no air return system and no compressor.

The closest air duct is where my farts escape, but that's several inches away, and does little to cool my nuts.

Maybe my nuts are just a throwback to ancient times.

Which, if true, means nuts evolved smaller with time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

AIden Howes Olson wrote:
I agree.
Thanks, Mrs. Olson.

Coffee?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't catch the background of this, but your last sentence is total bullshit.
We are talking about having nuts, Silky Pants.

You wouldn't understand.
Bongo

Deer Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

iannash85 wrote:
Definitely not. Faith is believing something without any supporting evidence. Atheism basis their lack of faith/religion on scientific evidence that has been given to refute previous/current religious beliefs.
I think its bizarre that man and science form opinions or think they refute something they are not given to know. Spiritual things are unknown to man. Science cant explain how water turns to wine or an ax handle floats or walking on water or healing a blind eye etc. To claim its impossible is ignorant because it is tested with only what is known. Youre just another pilot whale.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

<quoted text>
[snip]
One night at Bama' this girl told me that if she filled her mouth with crushed ice and did, well, you know, to me, we could keep it going longer.

Little did she know I had already smoked enough crack to make a Tarzan movie.

In about 2 hours, she was having me pack her muffin with ice cause it was so sore.

Ahh. Good times.

She never came back around.

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
We are talking about having nuts, Silky Pants.
You wouldn't understand.
Oh, you mean cojones.

Be clear, dude.
Bongo

Deer Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's how I got the name "Buck".
I was 14. I already weighed 210 and solid muscle.
Me, daddy, and mama were sitting in church Sunday night.
Huzz Huddleston, the baddest ass fighter in the county, came in the church drunk and sat down on the front seat. He was mumbling and shit.
Daddy looked at me with a real pissed-off look. I knew what he wanted.
I got up, walked up to Huzz, reached down and head-locked him. I pulled him up out of his seat and drug him to the back door.
Once outside, I never let go of the headlock and started slammin' Huzz's head into the side of the church. The old wood weatherboard was cracking when I would lambast his head into it.
Huzz begged me to let go and let's box.
I didn't take the chance. I beat his head into the wall till he collapsed.
Inside, hearing Huzz's head hittin' the wall, the preacher said,
"It sounds like we got a buck sheep trying to get in".
The rest is history.
This is great, what about the origins of Crick?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

<quoted text>

Man is thought to have evolved as an adaptation to the relatively treeless savannah when his anthropoid ancestors at the edge of the jungle branched out into this new niche.
"Tree climbing ability and upper body strength was less important than ability to move about on the ground, and capabilities like carrying things long distances and throwing rocks at prey or predators were valuable.
I spent some time in Savannah. Didn't throw any rocks, that I recall.

Got into a fight with a big blonde-haired dude in a bar.

He had a chin like a goddamn ape, but I don't know if he evolved in Savannah.

Seems like he said he was from Valdosta.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> This is great, what about the origins of Crick?
It rhymes with Buck.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Atheism Discussions

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr Richardfs 198
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 3 hr Buck Crick 368
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 6 hr No-Doubt 270
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 8 hr DonPanic 21,384
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 12 hr religionisillness 834
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 18 hr Patrick 16
Of Interest InTheNews 18 hr Patrick 3
•••
•••