Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 9,091)

Showing posts 181,801 - 181,820 of223,214
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
I have to agree with you. I’m not a fan of mega churches. I’m not saying there’s not a few good ones. But there are some being directed by self serving wolves. If your minister doesn’t know your name then the church is too big.
Churches are businesses, which is why there as many of them as gas stations, banks and fast food joints.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"a false spoken statement"
I never did that.
You lying abomination of an atheist, you.
Slander – verb - make false and damaging statements about (someone).

So who was it posted damaging statements that I had a tramp stamp?

Oh yes, I remember now, that was you doing your usual christian slanderous lying. But now you realise (with my help) that your god book tells you that your god hates your foul mouth and ignorant lies and will turn you away from your dream of heaven so you simply deny it happened in the hope that it will all go away

Nope sorry buddy, you have already committed the act, pretending it has not happened is juts pathetic.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't pretending to be buttfucked by anyone.
Blob make a butt cheek comment and I replied by suggesting my pants were down.
He then turned it to homosexual butt sex.
That was his suggestion, not mine.
Unless you think mooning someone is the same as homosexual butt sex.
Do you?
Wow. Talk about a rant. Nonsensical silliness, but a rant just the same.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Nah, it wasn't any of the above.
You don't even know what "rhetorical" means and it's just as obvious that you are clueless as to what "ranting" means.
Your god is NOT omnipotent.
Sorry if you're SO clueless as to consider the above statement a "rant".
And speaking of "loaded", you are full of CRAP- as always.
Rant on, dude.

Then "teach" me what rhetorical really means....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And calling ME "OCD"???
This coming from YOU- a MORON whose entire LIFE revolves around Topix, YOU who is OBSESSED with Topix and YOU who feels a COMPULSION to LIVE on Topix?
That's YOUR disorder, RR- not mine.
Yes, of course. What was I thinking?

You're not obsessive....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if difficulties are part of his pathology.
They become a package.
I see you missed something.
Nope- I missed nothing.

Doesn't matter WHAT his difficulties are a part of; that doesn't change correct grammar!

His difficulties ARE a part of his pathology.

His difficulty IS a part of his pathology.

It is INCORRECT to EVER say: His difficulties *is*....whether it's a part of his pathology or not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

OCB wrote:
The word is "flick". It originated due to the "flickering" of early movies as well as the film industry using flickbook technology in the early days of the film industry.
I prefer: clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right....
The only thing I don't understand is how you could be both to my left AND to my right, RR.
But gee- since you seem to think you're so good at explaining to others what you claim they don't understand, maybe you can explain to me just how you've managed to be both to my left AND to my right, RR.
I use "flic".

So sue me.

I prefer:

Never approach a horse from the rear,
A bull from the front,
Or a fool from any direction.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>All you DO is waste your time, RR.
And I'm not ranting.
Your god is not omnipotent.
DEAL with it.
OCB has spoken.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't pretending to be buttfucked by anyone.
Blob make a butt cheek comment and I replied by suggesting my pants were down.
He then turned it to homosexual butt sex.
That was his suggestion, not mine.
Unless you think mooning someone is the same as homosexual butt sex.
Do you?
No you weren’t, this is truth, in fact you volubly accused Bob of being homophobic after “you” had proclaimed you were going to pull “your” pants down for butt cheek (buck crick) for some reason, it did make people wonder.

Depends on where you are doing the mooning. There used to be a bar in Manchester called the long bar,(may still be there) and the Flying Handbag in Blackpool (I am sure there are others) where mooning is not recommended for a straight guy.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
I'm not convinced that some of the posters claiming to be Christian really are Christian. I think some of em are poes.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Why? Because they're hateful?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Maybe. Because they're so obviously non-Christian ... I know you want Christians to be hateful ... Maybe some of them are you masquerading as a Christian, to further denigrate Christianity. hmmm Are you a poe?
Our definitions of "Christian" must be very different. My definition doesn't depend on them not being hateful. Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell are/were about as Christian as you can get, and both were very hateful ... Why would anybody want Christians to be hateful?... You seem to think that Christians are good people because they're Christian, and that what appear to be bad Christians are unbelievers trying to make Christians look bad.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You misunderstand. I'm not talking about people in general, I'm talking about poes and trolls on Topix.
I'm not sure what your point was, but it seemed to me that you were saying that the you suspected that the hateful Christians that you don't approve of - "trolls" - were actually non-Christian impostors parodying Christians, which is what calling them "poes" implies.

If that's not what you were saying, maybe you could tell us how the point that you say I misunderstood differs from that.

And please try to cooperate by answering the question actually asked in one or two tries. I will not do a dozen posts trying to get you to answer to this simple and straightforward question. My intention, should things go that way, is to point out that that is what is happening, make a comment about rolling boulders uphill, and abandon the discussion.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, of course. What was I thinking?
You're not obsessive....
1. You don't think.

2. You're a sheeple; sheeple don't think.

3. Nope- I'm not obsessive about anything and certainly not about Topix which isn't even your home AWAY from home; rather, your actual home is your AWAY from home; Topix is where you actually LIVE because you are.....OBSESSIVE and you are OBSESSED with Topix.

And because you are of such low caliber, you set your sights low and for you, Topix represents a full and productive way of LIFE.

Topix matters to you because you are OBSESSED with it and so much so that you post on average 80 times a day.

THAT is what you SHOULD be thinking about if thinking was actually an option for you.

You've proven countless times over that it is NOT.

Again, sorry for your luck.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Rant on, dude.
Then "teach" me what rhetorical really means....
Unlike you, MY time actually IS valuable; why would I waste it trying to teach you what I already know you are incapable of comprehending?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you're being homophobic, too.
What a world, what a world....
What is homophobic about hygiene, do you think that clean sex is gay?

How about screwing your butt? If I were a male and gay and was particularly desperate and blind drunk and also blind and desperate and desperate may be persuaded.

Thanks for the offer though.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I use "flic".
So sue me.
I prefer:
Never approach a horse from the rear,
A bull from the front,
Or a fool from any direction.
Okay- so you not only try to change the meaning of words, you deliberately misspell words for which there is no acceptable misspelling.

So how do you keep from approaching YOURSELF, you FOOL?

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, I'm using the word brainwashing in Avery loose sense.
I fully understand that brainwashing is typically seen as forcible indoctrination of an idea. I don't literally mean that football-fan dads force their sons to like football no more than religious parents force their kids to love God.
.. indoctrination is a teaching method, a mind control technique, a rudimentary, effective form of force ..

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OCB has spoken.
No....it was YOU who spoke yesterday and conceded that your god is not omnipotent.

It's all good.....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm getting all choked up inside.
Wanna hug so the left wing liberal freethinking agnostics here can start a homophobe rant?
Actually it was you who started the homophobe rant. Me, I juts followed your lead…

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Catcher 1 wrote:
Not mine. Unless you consider teaching the values of integrity, compassion, fairness and dignity to be brainwashing.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Either way, it's a form of brainwashing.
The word "brainwashing" connotes a self-serving or malevolent intent, generally to enlist the cooperation of somebody to serve the interests of others against his own. It's not helpful to also use this word to describe what we would consider loving instruction done in the service of the one being taught.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Of course, I'm using the word brainwashing in Avery loose sense. I fully understand that brainwashing is typically seen as forcible indoctrination of an idea. I don't literally mean that football-fan dads force their sons to like football no more than religious parents force their kids to love God.
Then you really had no point, correct?

Good post.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I see you're scrubbing your religion clean again.
Christianity is what we see in the world, not what you wish it would be, and not what it claims for itself.
After you're done excluding all of the worst aspects of Christianity - the worst ideas, the worst people, and the worst atrocities - what do you have left that you can credit your religion and its church with? You've got a residual of nice people doing kind things, which we have without religion, and very possibly in a higher fraction than without church intervention.
What if all of the money Christians give to their churches went to the needy instead of to those churches, where less than 7% gets to them as best you and I were able to discern when we looked into this on another thread?
You want to take that kernel of goodness in the church and call it Christianity, discarding the rest. I say that Christianity not only isn't the reason for that, but that it works to corrupt that goodness with bad ideas and bad examples.
The best Christians I know are the ones with the least religiosity, whereas the more fervently they embrace what the religion actually teaches, the more extreme and antisocial they become. They're the ones that talk about how depraved mankind is, how horrible the world is, how horrible gays and unbelievers are, how wrong-headed science and scholarship, and how sinful and rebellious freethinking and self-rule are. The more of these kinds of ideas that you buy into, the worse person you are.
That's the contribution of Christianity is as I see it. The best Christians are actually embracing secular humanist values.
http://www.secularhumanism.org/index.php/12
I understand your animosity(or is it hatred?) towards Christian churches.

But churches do far more good than you give them credit for.

In any case, I respect your opinion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No you weren’t, this is truth, in fact you volubly accused Bob of being homophobic after “you” had proclaimed you were going to pull “your” pants down for butt cheek (buck crick) for some reason, it did make people wonder.
Depends on where you are doing the mooning. There used to be a bar in Manchester called the long bar,(may still be there) and the Flying Handbag in Blackpool (I am sure there are others) where mooning is not recommended for a straight guy.
Sure.

But mooning people on Topix is perfectly safe.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 181,801 - 181,820 of223,214
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••