Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 245061 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#189595 Dec 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to disagree, somewhat.
That doesn't describe Christianity, that describes churches. Well, some of them anyway.
It describes organized Christianity. It's a big money making machine. Malachi 2:1-10 is about the Catholic church and the problems they've had with pedophilia. Satan is a sex offender and that is also what his followers do. There is coming a time when they will all be exposed. Child abuse is one of the seven deadly sins and it started with Adam and has been passed down from generation to generation. Exodus 20:5.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#189596 Dec 3, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>It describes organized Christianity. It's a big money making machine. Malachi 2:1-10 is about the Catholic church and the problems they've had with pedophilia. Satan is a sex offender and that is also what his followers do. There is coming a time when they will all be exposed. Child abuse is one of the seven deadly sins and it started with Adam and has been passed down from generation to generation. Exodus 20:5.
Malachi 2:1-10 is a warning from God, directed towards priests and breaking the covenant with Him. Pedophelia is only one way they can do that, but there are many other ways. That scripture is not only referring to pedophelia.

How do you figure that Exodus 20:5 is in regards to Adam and pedophelia?!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#189597 Dec 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I did show them gratitude, by respecting their wishes.
You know what's funny? What you said here is pretty much the same thing my parents always taught me and my brothers about Santa Claus, that no fat magic man comes down the nonexistent chimney and gives away free presents, that they come from the hard work of my parents.
Nothing wrong with children believing in Santa Claus as children OUTGROW their belief in a MYTH- unlike YOU, with your bible god and your Jesus.

That was SELFISH of your parents and it denied you and your brothers a little bit of "magic" for a short time when you were very young.

Your parents could have said that ALL your gifts came from them except for ONE which was from that "jolly old elf".

But I guess you've made up for that since as an ADULT, you believe in that which is no less a myth than Santa Claus- that being your bible god and your Jesus.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#189598 Dec 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a lot of interpretations of Christianity, but Christians are united in believing that Jesus is our Lord and Savior.
I don't really care if I meet your "proper Christian" criteria, so just drop it.
Sigh....it's not "my" proper Christian criteria; it's your god's and your Jesus' criteria.

Take it up with them.

As it now stands, you do nothing but CRAP all over your "lord" and as it now stands, I don't see why your Jesus would have any desire to "save" you.

If you truly believe what you SAY you believe, then ACT on it.

Words without action are meaningless.

And as much as you SAY you are a Christian, MUCH of what you say on these threads is anything BUT Christian and is NOT what your Jesus would say nor is it what he commands YOU to say.

But you say it anyway, because:

You are NOT a Christian; you ARE a reprobate.

Once again, sorry for your luck, but it's luck you CHOSE to make for yourself.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#189599 Dec 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
And?
Just because you love something doesn't mean it controls you.
I know that but it's a shame the bible god can't take a leaf out of your book and love Satan too.

Nottingham, UK

#189600 Dec 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, DS9 was pretty crappy but ENT was a total flop. It had potential, just really bad writing.
I just watched Into Darkness again last night, send it like 10 times already. I love it, though it does rip of The Wrath of Kahn a bit too much.
Ten times?

That would certainly take the edge off a film for me.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#189601 Dec 3, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I, for one, would worship a cockatrice.
The serpent (worm, cockatrice) is a symbol of power and the Messiahs fruit "shall be a fiery, flying serpent" Isaiah 14:29. The Messiah will gain the power to throw a lightning bolt and burn up her enemies. Psalm 37:20, Psalm 97:3. "...and shall shew the lighting down of his arm..." Isaiah 30:30. Sinning against God are the deadliest sins you can commit and they will get no warning.

Nottingham, UK

#189602 Dec 3, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yah, Voortrekkers.
Good call, mac!

I knew someone would get it.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#189603 Dec 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Because you're assuming dirty butt sex.

You don't know if I'd douche first....
Yes.

You're a douche first.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#189604 Dec 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Malachi 2:1-10 is a warning from God, directed towards priests and breaking the covenant with Him. Pedophelia is only one way they can do that, but there are many other ways. That scripture is not only referring to pedophelia.
How do you figure that Exodus 20:5 is in regards to Adam and pedophelia?!
Adam is Satan (Santa) and he is a pedophile (lover of children) as is Satan. Sex abuse is usually a generational sin, and the victims grow up to be abusers so the sin is perpetuated. Child abuse is the only sin that continues in each generation until someone gets help and it is interrupted. Everyone will die for their own sin and there is no excuse. I think these people will only get one chance at repentance and then they will be held accountable.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#189605 Dec 3, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>

What was 1 - 4?
I believe the answer is -3.

Location hidden

#189606 Dec 3, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Right- like all people, you are only human.
As such, you are imperfect, and of course, imperfection is not a sin- it is simply a part of human nature.
However, that you claim to be a Christian when you behave as anything BUT a Christian....well, that is human imperfection, but in the eyes of the god and the Jesus you choose to believe in, it is a SIN.
Hey, OCB.

If we evolved from monkeys, how come we still have monkeys?

Got you this time.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#189607 Dec 3, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>
For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.
For whatever happened to you, insult, offense, let down , your ideals crushed, etc. you have decided to revile the church. No matter what fault you find ,in the end those church people, no matter how revolting, win. Those Pharisees were so shocked that the harlots thieves and others were accepted and they, well, that's foreboding
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>
For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life,
Thank God for the episiotomy.

;-)

Location hidden

#189608 Dec 3, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Then why not show gratitude toward your PARENTS for feeding you?
After all, it is their money, their time, their efforts, etc. which resulted in you having meals to eat; that was NOT due to any god which might exist.
If your parents wanted to thank a god for being able to provide for you, that's a different thing, but it wasn't any god who earned the money or who did the grocery shopping, planned the meal, cooked the meal, or cleaned up after the meal.
Man tends the field, but god provides the harvest.

Without god sending rain and dirt, there would be no meals.

Except for maybe some fast food where they don't use any natural products in the meat.

Just raise it with a lot of hormones and steroid chemicals.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#189609 Dec 3, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, OCB.
If we evolved from monkeys, how come we still have monkeys?
Got you this time.
Uh...no...you didn't, because we did not evolve from monkeys.

That stupid assumption is all those of you have who won't accept evolution as the FACT it is.

But NO ONE who knows the first thing about evolution claims we evolved from monkeys.

Of course, we have much in common with them, such as being primates, for example.

But in no way does that translate into the MYTH that humans evolved from monkeys.

But that would be a stupid question anyway considering that the domestic dog evolved from wolves and we still have wolves.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#189610 Dec 3, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that but it's a shame the bible god can't take a leaf out of your book and love Satan too.
Why? Do you think that God doesn't love Satan?

Location hidden

#189611 Dec 3, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Thank God for the episiotomy.
;-)
I know, I studyed that in school.

We learned about the stars and consolations.

And the Andromeda Sprain.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#189612 Dec 3, 2013
Khatru wrote:
Ten times?
That would certainly take the edge off a film for me.
Not me, I can watch the same movies over and over again. It drives Mrs RR nuts.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#189613 Dec 3, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Man tends the field, but god provides the harvest.
Without god sending rain and dirt, there would be no meals.
Except for maybe some fast food where they don't use any natural products in the meat.
Just raise it with a lot of hormones and steroid chemicals.
Nope- nature is responsible for rain and dirt- not any bible god.

People provide the harvest by properly planting seeds and then by properly tending them.

Location hidden

#189614 Dec 3, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing wrong with children believing in Santa Claus as children OUTGROW their belief in a MYTH- unlike YOU, with your bible god and your Jesus.
That was SELFISH of your parents and it denied you and your brothers a little bit of "magic" for a short time when you were very young.
Your parents could have said that ALL your gifts came from them except for ONE which was from that "jolly old elf".
But I guess you've made up for that since as an ADULT, you believe in that which is no less a myth than Santa Claus- that being your bible god and your Jesus.
Not to dicker, but I don't thank Santa Claus is an elf, OCB.

Elfs are real small.

Like dwarves, or the taller midgets. He couldn't even qualify as a tall midget, I don't think.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 45 min ChristineM 20,651
John 3:16 2 hr par five 93
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 hr Knowledge- 11,006
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 8 hr ChristineW 14,668
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes Sat NightSerf 18
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... Fri thetruth 42
Atheists and the "Moses Syndrome" Fri Shizle 20
More from around the web