Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258471 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#189651 Dec 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
One time, back in the 80s, I watched Return of the Jedi everyday for a month straight. There was no Mrs to annoy yet, so I know I don't do it for that reason lol.
I've seen every Star Trek episode at least three times, no joke. I don't know why, I just get a kick out of it.
I saw Aladdin, the Disney one, 16 times in the theaters.(that was back when dollar theaters still existed).
Sometimes I'll put in Lucy and watch her Vitameatavegimin commercial. Seen it dozens of times and laugh every time.
Star trek is awesome. I prefer TNG.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#189652 Dec 3, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>When I was like 3, I used to imagine jesus standing in the sky, watering the earth from a gardening bucket.
When I was 3.
You got punked..lol

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#189653 Dec 3, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>That one is questionable, but have you seen the dicks on the cover?
https://www.google.com/search...
Haha. Geez.

Look at the cover, it looks like Ursula is all pissed off at the phallus.
LCNLin

United States

#189654 Dec 3, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Star trek is awesome. I prefer TNG.
Both are excellent but introduced in different eras.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#189655 Dec 3, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Star trek is awesome. I prefer TNG.
Me too.

Darmok is one of my favorites, but so is Clues, The Inner Light and The Measure of a Man.

But Best of Both Worlds I & II are my top favorites.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#189656 Dec 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too.
Darmok is one of my favorites, but so is Clues, The Inner Light and The Measure of a Man.
But Best of Both Worlds I & II are my top favorites.

Join The Marquis or die!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#189657 Dec 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Join The Marquis or die!
It's Maquis, Aura....

Not Marquis lol.

One is a resistant movement, the other is a nobleman.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#189658 Dec 3, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
My snake does the same thing.
Have to put a shield on it sometimes. Like an atheletic cup or something.
At least you understand that the serpent was a part of Adams anatomy. But the serpent is not intrinsically evil, it's just historically been used for evil and is a symbol of power. Lilith was Adams mother and Eve was his daughter. Both were intended to be a "helpmeet" but Adam tried to dominate both of them. The wicked have been in power ever since and that is why we have wars. God, who is a woman, will bring everlasting peace.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#189659 Dec 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You call God a "her" then quote Scripture that calls God "him".
You're quite confused, lil lady.
God in spirit form is neither male nor female but on earth will inhabit the body of a woman. God doesn't have a serpent and there are no serpents in heaven. The reason God wouldn't tell her name when asked by Moses is because if she had, Israel and the world would know that God is a woman and she instead said, I AM. God wanted people to think she was a man. If they knew the Truth, they would've been weakened by it. It is both the secret and the surprise.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#189660 Dec 3, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>At least you understand that the serpent was a part of Adams anatomy. But the serpent is not intrinsically evil, it's just historically been used for evil and is a symbol of power. Lilith was Adams mother and Eve was his daughter. Both were intended to be a "helpmeet" but Adam tried to dominate both of them. The wicked have been in power ever since and that is why we have wars. God, who is a woman, will bring everlasting peace.
You know, I would call you a lunatic, but then your story makes as little sense as the one in the bible and look what's become of that...
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#189661 Dec 3, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>That's awesome. I think it would be worth it to sin against god just to experience a cockatrice throw a lightning bolt at me.
So... screw you, go
Isaiah 66:16 "For by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many". Isaiah 24:6 "Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left". A few means three, but I think it means 3%. Most people will not make it thru VWD Day.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#189662 Dec 3, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>God in spirit form is neither male nor female but on earth will inhabit the body of a woman. God doesn't have a serpent and there are no serpents in heaven. The reason God wouldn't tell her name when asked by Moses is because if she had, Israel and the world would know that God is a woman and she instead said, I AM. God wanted people to think she was a man. If they knew the Truth, they would've been weakened by it. It is both the secret and the surprise.
You're making me waver on my prior "lunatic" decision…

(I know, I know, you're not crazy. You've been examined by experts and are really quite famous, blah, blah, blah…)

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#189663 Dec 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Maquis, Aura....
Not Marquis lol.
One is a resistant movement, the other is a nobleman.

Join the Maquis Of Die! Infidel!

Location hidden

#189664 Dec 3, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Isaiah 66:16 "For by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many". Isaiah 24:6 "Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left". A few means three, but I think it means 3%. Most people will not make it thru VWD Day.
OHNOES!

Location hidden

#189665 Dec 3, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
(I know, I know, you're not crazy. You've been examined by experts and are really quite famous, blah, blah, blah…)
She's a lunatic, but a lunatic enamored by religious symbolism and imagery, which makes her quite sane in this society.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#189666 Dec 3, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
I've had 2 episodes of fame. I am a famous psychiatric case history in the early eighties, and then there's the whole "betrayal" incident in the newspaper 30 years ago. If you google "Desperately seeking Susan" it will be listed under my full name. The movie was about me as well as "Attack of the 50 foot shrunken apple head woman".
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#189667 Dec 3, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>OHNOES!
Do you me nose? Jeremiah 5:12 "They have belied the Lord, and said it snot he..." SOS 7:8 "...and the smell of thy nose like apples"
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#189668 Dec 3, 2013
me=mean

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#189669 Dec 3, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Do you me nose? Jeremiah 5:12 "They have belied the Lord, and said it snot he..." SOS 7:8 "...and the smell of thy nose like apples"
Jeremiah was a bullfrog, he was good friend of mine
I never understood a single word he said
But I helped him drink his wine
He always had some mighty fine wine.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#189670 Dec 3, 2013
susanblange wrote:
me=mean
you=batshitcrazy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 6 min yehoshooah adam 3,788
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 min 15th Dalai Lama 70,136
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 58 min John 30,135
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 11 hr Evilgelicalling 460
News Atheism and cowardice (Nov '11) 20 hr Eagle 12 12,674
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) Wed superwilly 579
News The rise of militant atheism (Sep '09) May 21 online reality bu... 9,236
More from around the web