Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258038 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#189294 Dec 2, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
People hoarding money are ruining the country.
Obama came up with the cure for that. Its called Obamacare.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#189295 Dec 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither Eagle nor Riverside Redneck bother me like they do you.
I'll bet that you can guess which poster gets my vote for being the most empty and pretentious. It's not Buck, who is a trifle pretentious, but not empty.
Sure, it's Dave Nelson.

Yes, he is as empty as Eagle and Redneck and yes, he is far more pretentious on a pseudo intellectual level. But I have a sense of pity for a helpless, lonely old guy; I can't feel any pity for the other two, who are so full of their "knowledge" that they have the truth, and that we are missing out. I also see their attitude as reflecting a need for confirmation of their so meager life.

I just have a thing about ignorance; can't deal with it.

Fremont, CA

#189296 Dec 2, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not empty?
That's the nicest thing you've ever said about me.
Thanks, man.
You're welcome, I'm sure.

But I have been even more complimentary of you in the past.

By the way, what's with all the sudden spare time? Did you retire from pig farming with a generous pension? How about sharing a little with your buddy Catcher?

Fremont, CA

#189297 Dec 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids are always brainwashed by their parents.
Whether it's religion, football, Star Trek, video games, eating meat, not eating meat, atheism, etc.
Do you have a point?
Not mine.

Unless you consider teaching the values of integrity, compassion, fairness and dignity to be brainwashing.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#189298 Dec 2, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>"Speaking in tongues" just means the Messiah will speak a language other than Hebrew. Isaiah 28:11 "For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people". There was also a phrase in the flying roll, "noticias de manana" and it's Spanish for "news of tomorrow". The flying roll was the Messiahs diary. Yes, I am nuts.
Youyay areyay ullfay ofyay itshay.

Fremont, CA

#189299 Dec 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "logic" assumes the universe poofed out of nothingness all on it's own.
Without evidence.
Imagine that.
IANS.

This is the sort of thing I'm talking about. The emptiness, the haughty attitude, the endless repetition of "imagine that" (or "go", or other blather), the grammatical ignorance.

Fremont, CA

#189300 Dec 2, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Upon further review.......
Omni= ALL
Potent= POWERFUL
You had to do "further review" to know that?
Consider what RR's posts would consist of if he were prohibited from accessing wikipedia.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#189301 Dec 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
An amaaaaaaa-aaaaaazing coincidence.
Like million to one odds coincidence.
Sock puppeteer.
Not that amazing. Not surprising either that a rube like you would find it to be an "amaaaaaaa-aaaaaazing " coincidence.

Pretty much everything in life comes down to timing.

Right before I first posted here, I was on the PTAG thread and scrolled down to other forums and saw that at that time, you had been the last poster here.

So I took a "looksie" at what you posted and I then responded because it's FUN to point out when you are wrong even if that is MUCH more often than not; it's still always fun!

So there ya go, bucko- not really an "amaaaaaaa-aaaaaazing " coincidence.

I have no socks and I am not a puppeteer.

Why do you ASSume that others are of the same low moral fiber and character that you are and would stoop to the low levels that no doubt, you stoop to?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#189302 Dec 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
There are things that God can't do.
I don't want to stay blind & foolish like you do.
Lurning iz fun
Then your god is not omnipotent.

Your god is limited.

And you further place limitations on your god by thinking that YOU speak for the god you believe in.

Maybe you do; after all, you just admitted that your god is NOT omnipotent.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#189303 Dec 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
On what do you base this assumption.
That your god is omnipotent- that's what I base it on.

But you already admitted that your god is NOT omnipotent, so never mind.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#189304 Dec 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, it's Dave Nelson.
Yes, he is as empty as Eagle and Redneck and yes, he is far more pretentious on a pseudo intellectual level. But I have a sense of pity for a helpless, lonely old guy; I can't feel any pity for the other two, who are so full of their "knowledge" that they have the truth, and that we are missing out. I also see their attitude as reflecting a need for confirmation of their so meager life.
I just have a thing about ignorance; can't deal with it.
Your difficulties with ignorance is noted. By some of us.

There are about 653 people reading the entire Top Stories forum, of which this is but one. Hardly a worthy venue for you to display your ignorance issues when there are more visible venues for your talent to be displayed.

I appreciate your pity, but would appreciate your sending money and some young pussy to help me spend it even more. Such would get my lonely old self off of here and probably eliminate my display of pseudo intellect, leaving the forum wide open for yours.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#189305 Dec 2, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the term 'speaking in tongues' is wildly misunderstood.
I went to a Pentecostal church for awhile and the audience would get very worked up and emotional, almost like group hypnosis, it was fascinating to see the effects of suggestion in such a setting.
Until some kids started puking.
Really? They started puking?

I've never seen that.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#189306 Dec 2, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I never claimed the universe "poofed" out of nothingness all on its own, I don't even know what "nothingness" is, and neither do you.
I love it when you try ad deflect your foolishness of unsupported beliefs back on me, almost as though you're embarrassed by it and want company.
Uh-huh...

Like how you added that I think God owns me?

That kind of deflection?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#189307 Dec 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not mine.
Unless you consider teaching the values of integrity, compassion, fairness and dignity to be brainwashing.
Those are relative terms, though.

I have taught my sons the same.

Either way, it's a form of brainwashing.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#189308 Dec 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
IANS.
This is the sort of thing I'm talking about. The emptiness, the haughty attitude, the endless repetition of "imagine that" (or "go", or other blather), the grammatical ignorance.
You think about me much more than I think about you.

Imagine that.

Go.

Derp.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#189309 Dec 2, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Not that amazing. Not surprising either that a rube like you would find it to be an "amaaaaaaa-aaaaaazing " coincidence.
Pretty much everything in life comes down to timing.
Right before I first posted here, I was on the PTAG thread and scrolled down to other forums and saw that at that time, you had been the last poster here.
So I took a "looksie" at what you posted and I then responded because it's FUN to point out when you are wrong even if that is MUCH more often than not; it's still always fun!
So there ya go, bucko- not really an "amaaaaaaa-aaaaaazing " coincidence.
I have no socks and I am not a puppeteer.
Why do you ASSume that others are of the same low moral fiber and character that you are and would stoop to the low levels that no doubt, you stoop to?
I don't believe you.

So there.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#189310 Dec 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>.. and, aciu ..
Nice. Hey kitty, what's cookin'?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#189311 Dec 2, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Then your god is not omnipotent.
Your god is limited.
And you further place limitations on your god by thinking that YOU speak for the god you believe in.
Maybe you do; after all, you just admitted that your god is NOT omnipotent.
The Bible talks about God's limitations.

Wanna see?

Nah, get your googlers on and go see for yourself.

Fremont, CA

#189312 Dec 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your difficulties with ignorance is noted. By some of us.
There are about 653 people reading the entire Top Stories forum, of which this is but one. Hardly a worthy venue for you to display your ignorance issues when there are more visible venues for your talent to be displayed.
I appreciate your pity, but would appreciate your sending money and some young pussy to help me spend it even more. Such would get my lonely old self off of here and probably eliminate my display of pseudo intellect, leaving the forum wide open for yours.
I don't mind you here Dave, I really don't.

Find a way to get rid of Eagle, and I'll wire you funds.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#189313 Dec 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Really? They started puking?

I've never seen that.
Yeah, four little kids, between six and eight I think they were, just from emotional overload. Well, it was thought that anyhow as illness etc were ruled out.

I was watching, the whatever that was had no effect on me and the kids looked perfectly fine then they started shaking, then crying, then puking.

Most people were shaking and crying or yelling and laughing. It was quite a sight.

Normally, kids would be in sunday school during that part of the service but these kids weren't, I don't know why.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr scientia potentia... 48,358
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 15 hr Eagle 12 21,858
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 22 hr Mikko 4,905
Why you need to make sure you are saved before ... Wed Eagle 12 13
Jesus Christ and Wisdom, Knowledge, Understandi... Tue Richardfs 5
News Delta Schools Will Get Satanic Coloring Books o... (Apr '16) Nov 29 Amused 7
News Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns (Sep '14) Nov 28 hpcaban 441
More from around the web