Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255190 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#188707 Nov 30, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>It WILL seem that way to you if you ever square off against an enforcer.
Fine. You drive him there. He won't be able to drive home.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#188708 Nov 30, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I guess your next mission is to find a state that allows same sex marriage so you and Daffy Dave can tie the knot. Let me know when and where and I'll send you guys wedding gifts. For Daffy Dave a great book I discovered called "How to change the position of black holes and worm holes with stings and magnets" For you, a pair of hockey skates that comes with instruction, you'll have to figure out how to fight on them on your own. Good luck to both of you!!!!! Honeymoon destination? Yeah, keep it a secret!!!!!
I know you fantasize about being the filling between Buck and I. What about your sailboat for the honeymoon?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#188709 Nov 30, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
ATTENTION! ATTENTION!
Buck is now going into MINIMALIST MODE.
For newcomers, and idiots, which about covers the thread, this means Buck will be refuting all atheist posts in 10 words or less.
This is to avoid unnecessary burning of brain power.
Buck will notify viewers when switching back to regular mode, and may do so if any post reflects enough intelligence to justify the switch.
Thank you.
(Sent from the Buck Institute)
Buck Crick wrote:
(Sent from the Buck Institute)
They named a prison after you?

You're awesome.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#188710 Nov 30, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>It WILL seem that way to you if you ever square off against an enforcer.
Some useful information for you, Bert.

Playing hockey does not teach you how to cut somebody up with your fists, while avoid getting hit yourself.

If it did, hockey players would be champion boxers.

I was taught such things by a professional from age 3.

It helped I had natural aptitude for it, not to mention growing to 6'7, 320.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#188711 Nov 30, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Playing hockey does not teach you how to cut somebody up with your fists, while avoid getting hit yourself.
Just don't zig when you should zag, when the bullets start flying. And you may live to talk about it.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#188712 Nov 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Intuition led to the god belief.
A long time ago. And since.
Intuition is not always right.

Location hidden

#188713 Nov 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of work do you do, Anon? You are cognizant of the fact that in these days your work environment will determine how much of this physical world you will actually experience? The difference between seeing and reading about?
Are you the kind of guy that believed uri geller when he failed spectacularly on the tonight show because of, as he put it, bad energy?
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#188714 Nov 30, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If you understood what you copied, Bert Legume, you would realize it does nothing to my argument.
You're a funny little guy.
Ahh, such a poor loser, laying on the ground bleeding and claiming you won the fight, too funny.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#188715 Nov 30, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine. You drive him there. He won't be able to drive home.
It would be extremely comical to watch you even try to stand on a pair of skates let along actually move, forget about fighting. HA ha ha ha, I'd give a weeks pay to witness that.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#188716 Nov 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you fantasize about being the filling between Buck and I. What about your sailboat for the honeymoon?
insane people really bother me!!!

Location hidden

#188717 Nov 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
His interpretation of what I said is wrong. More of his projecting his thoughts to others.
I explained it a bit more in my previous post. Dave can be quite ferocious when confronted with something unknown. Took a higher authority to make him behave. The only flash of light in the experience.
I did play with it a bit with a poster or two. The explanation why they would suddenly get this urge to be flaming fags after I left next time. I think GML was the one I did that to.
Not my bod or identity.
I would have laughed like a hyena.
So you have fantasies about assuming control over someone else's body and forcing them to perform homosexual acts, with you "piloting" them the whole time.

Rocky Ford, CO

#188718 Nov 30, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Intuition is not always right.
Neither is "science".

Location hidden

#188719 Nov 30, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain intuition.
Magic. Obviously.

Rocky Ford, CO

#188720 Nov 30, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you the kind of guy that believed uri geller when he failed spectacularly on the tonight show because of, as he put it, bad energy?
I've never watched those things.

I have this inherent distrust of any theories, fads, etc passed over via the mass media. There is profit motives always involved.

Timmy, you make a better rube than me. I'm not real gullible.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#188721 Nov 30, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Try standing on a half inch piece of sharpened steel on an ice surface, just standing, not moving, now try moving a few feet, now try fighting someone extremely skilled in both skating and fighting, have done both since they were kids. You'd be trying to not fall on your ass while this beast puts you down and out with one punch. I have to warn you, trying to pick your teeth up off a frozen surface is much harder than you think, good luck!!!! Tip.........put your beeding mouth over the teeth, the warm blood will make picking up your teeth easier.

Hockey players play hockey, that is their passion, they have no interest in boxing professionally. Not all hockey player are enforcers, but the ones that are, are frightening, keep your feet on the ground, stay off the ice, its really bad for your health, not to mention the fee's you'll be paying to your local dentist.

Rocky Ford, CO

#188722 Nov 30, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>So you have fantasies about assuming control over someone else's body and forcing them to perform homosexual acts, with you "piloting" them the whole time.
No fantasies about such, but a particularly obnoxious Topix atheist may stir up my creative side.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#188723 Nov 30, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Try standing on a half inch piece of sharpened steel on an ice surface, just standing, not moving, now try moving a few feet, now try fighting someone extremely skilled in both skating and fighting, have done both since they were kids. You'd be trying to not fall on your ass while this beast puts you down and out with one punch. I have to warn you, trying to pick your teeth up off a frozen surface is much harder than you think, good luck!!!! Tip.........put your beeding mouth over the teeth, the warm blood will make picking up your teeth easier.
Hockey players play hockey, that is their passion, they have no interest in boxing professionally. Not all hockey player are enforcers, but the ones that are, are frightening, keep your feet on the ground, stay off the ice, its really bad for your health, not to mention the fee's you'll be paying to your local dentist.
He tried out for hockey, but look like Bambi the first time out on his new legs.:)

Location hidden

#188724 Nov 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither is "science".
I didn't say it was.

Location hidden

#188725 Nov 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never watched those things.
I have this inherent distrust of any theories, fads, etc passed over via the mass media. There is profit motives always involved.
Timmy, you make a better rube than me. I'm not real gullible.
I was asking because you implied in an earlier post that psychic phenomena was truly not an "on demand" thing, lending credence to the idea that psychics magically feel "bad energy" when their abilities are tested.

Location hidden

#188726 Nov 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No fantasies about such, but a particularly obnoxious Topix atheist may stir up my creative side.
It's ok dave. We all have our kinks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min Thinking 30,952
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 min Patrick 13,140
News Your atheism isn&#x27;t going to keep your... (Apr '14) 7 min Eagle 12 10
There are no such things as gods or fairies 36 min Eagle 12 14
News How God Messed Up My Happy Atheist Life 1 hr Thinking 13
Atheism is not a belief 1 hr Amused 270
Majority of Scots now have no religion 5 hr Thinking 1
More from around the web