Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#187700 Nov 27, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Can you share some of those proofs for us? Your video was longer than I was willing to give to this. Do you have a written report of any paranormal claim proven with scientific precision?
Buck Crick wrote:
Extrasensory Electroencephalographic
Induction between Identical Twins
http://www.deanradin.com/evidence/Duane1965.p...
I looked at another one anyway because the theme was related to the first, and it was much more modern.

It concluded, "The results indicate that correlations between brain activities of two separated subjects may occur"

This kind of thing isn't proof. I think we're done with this line of inquiry. You don't seem to realize what you claimed and what I asked for. I'm already aware that there are reports of unexplained statistical anomalies, but I'm also aware that even the people reporting them aren't calling them proof of paranormal phenomena.

What's taking so long nailing this stuff down and identifying mechanisms. We typically have that for other formerly ridiculed and unexplained phenomena like (cold lightning) sprites.

I just don't believe there's anything here - at least not in 2013. Even if you're on to something, it hasn't been adequately defined or described to be believed by a skeptic yet.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#187701 Nov 27, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> I consider That your coprophagous proclivity is showing. I will also consider that you enjoy trouser trout.
There you go.

See how easy it is to detect bullshit?

We non-believers can easily suss out when a believer is trying to bullshit us.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#187702 Nov 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Thanks. I hadn't been aware of that until now.
http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/jref-news...
And yes, Buck, the article repeats the claim that he has offered a million dollars:
"In his message, Randi issued a one-million-dollar challenge to the manufacturers of homeopathic products to prove their claims"
I don't think anybody's too worried about him having to pay that claim, or that it will affects the habits of faith based consumers willing to believe without evidence.
Randi goes on to say, "It should be a crime for retail corporations to profit by denying the public this critical information about the products on their shelves."
Should we really go too far out of our way to protect such people? I used to think so, but not so much any more. It's common knowledge that claims for homeopathic remedies are rejected by evidence based thinkers. If you don't respect evidence, and prefer faith, shouldn't you be free to turn your money over to those catering to the faithful?
Brilliantly done!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#187703 Nov 27, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you need to HAVE something first in order to lose it?
Point.

I do, however, have the (obviously silly) idea that all infants who are otherwise healthy, are born sane-- and only through a constant abusive indoctrination by religious filth, become insane.

I suppose that make me an optimist.

Fennario

#187704 Nov 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
You're on a cruise ship, sweetness. You WILL be falling overboard at some time in the journey. All alone as that ship keeps sailing off into the distance.
This is the best thing about you, Dave - your beautiful spirit. not your sage advice or mastery of science and philosophy.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#187705 Nov 27, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Blob. you pseudo pundit. At that time I bought houses and industrial buildings at half price, suvs and pick ups at less than cost, paid lowest intrest in 40 years, even bought coke soda for 17 cents a can which is less than I paid in the 60s. O% intrest on credit cards , half price stocks, incredible bargains at every auction, The list goes on and on. What inflation, you deranged incessantly posting Blob?
Wow. You are some kind of hate, aren't you?

Just... wow.

But your incessant lies? Prove how stupid you really are.
Bongo

Coram, NY

#187706 Nov 27, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go.
See how easy it is to detect bullshit?
We non-believers can easily suss out when a believer is trying to bullshit us.
Youre only guessing. You just don't know. The enlightened know. So, be patient my jackass.

Fennario

#187707 Nov 27, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
Are you aware of this one?
pi x r^2?
It represents the circumference of a circle.
I don't think so, Buck. That's the area of a circle.

The circumference is given by 2&#960;r.

No biggie.

Fennario

#187708 Nov 27, 2013
That would have said 2(pi)(r) if Topix could show a pi.

Nottingham, UK

#187709 Nov 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, Khat!
"Holy Grail" rules.
Lol!

I remember going to see that one at the old Regal in Paisley.
Bongo

Coram, NY

#187710 Nov 27, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
So, in conclusion? Faith makes you .... a paranoid-delusional?
Okay. That certainly fits what I've seen here on Topix.
Blob of messy face, youre a topix phenomena. A perfidious obsessive ugly one. Theres a vast right wing conspiracy that's gonna git ya, lol

Fennario

#187711 Nov 27, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
I'll tell your [Buck's] physician to prescribe estrogen therapy ..
Are you sure that's wise:
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/dailymusto/jeth...

Nottingham, UK

#187712 Nov 27, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Your demeanor is exemplary. I'm working on mine.
Thanks! Although I think you're understating your qualities!
Bongo

Coram, NY

#187713 Nov 27, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You are some kind of hate, aren't you?
Just... wow.
But your incessant lies? Prove how stupid you really are.
Lies? Blob drunk poor and stupid is no way to traverse life. This is your way,Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc'-ra-cy)- a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers

Nottingham, UK

#187714 Nov 27, 2013
<quoted text>
No, I hadn't seen that news. I suppose they identified him by his hunched spine.
They can bury him with his nephews at Westminster Abbey.
Yeah, that would be apt.

There's also been talk of locating Alfred the Great's remains but that's gone quiet.

Nottingham, UK

#187715 Nov 27, 2013
<quoted text>
That was a new anglicism for me. Thanks. I love those. Christine taught me "Sweet FA (Fanny Adams)." SupaAFC taught me "paint me gobsmacked"
Americans say "beat seven shades of shit out of." Which do you like better?
The "seven shades of shit" gets used a lot over here. I prefer seven bells.

Fennario

#187717 Nov 27, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
You are a smear-merchant, just like the Amazing Randi.
And don't think that we aren't all proud of you for rising above that. If you'll continue to use the likes of Bolen and Sheldrake as roll models, you'll never be accused of the same.

Nottingham, UK

#187718 Nov 27, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi there stranger, long time no see, how are you doing?
Hi Christine

I'm fine, thanks; I hope you're well.

Getting closer to that magic retirement date and rapidly losing my work ethic.

If I had my way, I'd sell up and move to Guilin or Manila. However, in deference to my other half and by way of compromise, it's looking like Oban.

I can live with that - I love the west highlands of Scotland and Oban is a gateway to the highlands and islands.

Fennario

#187719 Nov 27, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
Has been known that I “sate” myself occasionally, and we know you do, why else would people call you a wanker? However because you have an illegal Mexican ramming your butt does not mean that we have illegal Mexicans this side of the Atlantic puddle
We have plenty of Mexicans where I live, but they're all pretty much legal. I can't tell you much about butt ramming, but this cabbie might:
http://unfortunatelynamed.com/...

Word has it that Ram is the nephew of Mustafa Johnson and Ivana Weiner twice removed.

Nottingham, UK

#187720 Nov 27, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't they sing backup in Fleetwood Mac?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NsLykJ17OxcXX
Fleetwood Mac at their best....

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Consequences of Atheism 18 min Uncle Sam 824
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 20 min Chimney1 16,896
Turkey blocks website of its first atheist asso... 41 min emanuel 2
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr ChristineM 1,667
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 4 hr ChristineM 4,892
Religiosity 4 hr NightSerf 1
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 5 hr ChristineM 6,060
More from around the web