Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#187828 Nov 27, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I can't help you with your doubts.
<quoted text>
It's too late you already have.[tipping hat].

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#187829 Nov 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's too late you already have.[tipping hat].
How can you stand yourself?

Seriously.

One wonders how you can.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#187830 Nov 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>And you know this story right. There is a terrorists outside
Mankind has been and continues to be far more ruthless to their fellow man than God ever was. This includes the murder and abuses of children. Not to mention the millions aborted because someone doesn’t think they should live.

Yet in your typical hypocritical position you paint God as a murder. Never do you place the blame of the 200 million that starved to death under communism. And or were murdered. This far exceeds anything God ever did.

Out of all the horses in the stable. Your riding the miniature pony and your legs are dragging the ground because it’s so small. Meanwhile the oversized stallions that require a ladder to climb are left untouched.

You’re so blind by your own prejudice Doctor. You give communism, abortionist and your fellow man a free ride while you blame God. Your argument is inept.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#187831 Nov 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>We're NOT talking about a handful of rouge soldiers, we are talking about an ENTIRE organization called Christian science. All Christian science members believe its against their religion to have anything to do with medicine. Whether they allow it to go as far as these parent did, I can not say, only that their religious beliefs caused this innocent young boy to die, and his death could have been prevented. I'm not sure what he was ill with, but as I remember it was NOT a serious illness, it did need medical attention which these parent withheld from him. It is actually murder, when a young child's survival depends on you, and you blatantly allow his to die, its murder, plain and simple. Their religious beliefs turned them both into murderers.
I don't know anything about that particular group. They're crazy if they don't believe in medicine.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#187832 Nov 27, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
So certain you are, that Mars is and has always been, dead?
What? Have you **been** there?
LMAO!
My tax dollars have been there.

Ever heard of NASA? They are there right now. They can't even find a tumbleweed.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#187833 Nov 27, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!
You display such a deeply seated **hate** in the above, it's actually disgusting to read.
Seriously.
What has made you into such a horrid and frightfully hate-filled person like this?
Wow... just.... wow...
You don't bother me Bob.[smiling]

Try harder, this isn't your best work.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#187834 Nov 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mankind has been and continues to be far more ruthless to their fellow man than God ever was. This includes the murder and abuses of children. Not to mention the millions aborted because someone doesn’t think they should live.
Yet in your typical hypocritical position you paint God as a murder. Never do you place the blame of the 200 million that starved to death under communism. And or were murdered. This far exceeds anything God ever did.
Out of all the horses in the stable. Your riding the miniature pony and your legs are dragging the ground because it’s so small. Meanwhile the oversized stallions that require a ladder to climb are left untouched.
You’re so blind by your own prejudice Doctor. You give communism, abortionist and your fellow man a free ride while you blame God. Your argument is inept.
Well you are wrong there, no ONE person ever murdered as many as your God has. Your God trumps ALL in his object cruelty towards mankind.

Your God wins the prize just from killing approximately 20 million people in one global flooding event, 20 million all by himself, No single human has ever come close.

You are TOO funny, you now want a contest between God and mankind to who is and was the cruelest. Do you really think your God belongs in a contest like this?

You freely admit your God has murdered innocent little babies, has had mischievous teenagers torn to shreds by bears, has willingly and knowingly destroyed thousands of unborn fetuses, and did so not because someone didn't think they deserved to live but because he was *angry* No other reason, he was *angry* and lashed out and killed. That is called psychopathic behavior, and for this people are committed, and or punished with prison or death. If you want to give this evil being a free pass for the wanton and capricious murder of unborn children, then be my quest, it certainly doesn't say much about your morality.

Where did I ever say give man a free pass on the horrors he is responsible for? I don't, unfortunately many of these horrors man has committed he has done so because of religion or in the name of religion. Between your murderous God and the horrors spawned by religion, your Gods murder list grows longer every day.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#187835 Nov 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know anything about that particular group. They're crazy if they don't believe in medicine.
There appears to be a lot you don't know. Bone up there old man, and Have a happy Thanksgiving with your grandkids. My new granddaughter is coming up from Jersey, be good to see her. Good food, family, and table hockey, doesn't get better than that!!!

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#187836 Nov 27, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The funny thing about "reincarnation". Rarely does Gorbag The Plumber, of The Sixth Porcelain Dynasty , City of Inconsequentia, come back to live again, or foretell the future, as is often claimed by those who believe in reincarnation...
<on Gorbags 3rd trip "back"> "And I say to those of future generations. The pipes will be formed of Iron no more in the ages yet to be. Remember these words when it comes to pass; synthetic flapper valves and low volume flush..."
But, YOU, are Ivan the Terrible....reincarnated.
OK, Buck.
Ivan nah ...Curly... possibly!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#187837 Nov 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mankind has been and continues to be far more ruthless to their fellow man than God ever was.
Bull-hockey.

Your god, as you believe, destroyed the whole world, save 8 incestuous mental midgets.

Nothing humans have done comes close.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#187838 Nov 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My tax dollars have been there.
Ever heard of NASA? They are there right now. They can't even find a tumbleweed.
You are so certain-- that Mars has **always** been dead.

Wow.

You are an idiot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#187839 Nov 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't bother me Bob.[smiling]
Try harder, this isn't your best work.
To think: you are the best your Jewsus has to offer.

No **wonder** your idiot religion is dying.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#187840 Nov 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Well you are wrong there, no ONE person ever murdered as many as your God has. Your God trumps ALL in his object cruelty towards mankind.
Your God wins the prize just from killing approximately 20 million people in one global flooding event, 20 million all by himself, No single human has ever come close.
You are TOO funny, you now want a contest between God and mankind to who is and was the cruelest. Do you really think your God belongs in a contest like this?
You freely admit your God has murdered innocent little babies, has had mischievous teenagers torn to shreds by bears, has willingly and knowingly destroyed thousands of unborn fetuses, and did so not because someone didn't think they deserved to live but because he was *angry* No other reason, he was *angry* and lashed out and killed. That is called psychopathic behavior, and for this people are committed, and or punished with prison or death. If you want to give this evil being a free pass for the wanton and capricious murder of unborn children, then be my quest, it certainly doesn't say much about your morality.
Where did I ever say give man a free pass on the horrors he is responsible for? I don't, unfortunately many of these horrors man has committed he has done so because of religion or in the name of religion. Between your murderous God and the horrors spawned by religion, your Gods murder list grows longer every day.
Yes indeed. You are correct: the bible's god holds the record for atrocity.

What is worse?

As a god, there was absolutely *no* reason for a *god* to have to stoop so low as to killed so many.

For a *god*, anything is possible--including doing what's needed to avoid murder.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#187841 Nov 27, 2013
Can anyone with at least half a brain explain to me how it requires 'faith' to be without 'faith'? Cheers.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#187842 Nov 27, 2013
No it doesn't!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#187843 Nov 27, 2013
p.s.

Happy Thanksgiving!=)

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#187844 Nov 28, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
<The Dave Nelson> " I am the King of The Tower of Babel...bramalamWOWZAWamlammbb bb...paper clips...watch me burn.."
Your post has touched me.

Now, unfortunately, I'm going to have to show my psychiatrist exactly where it touched me on the doll she keeps in her office.

"Just point to where it touched you, River"

;-)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#187845 Nov 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Absolutely. I think you've seen this Tim Minchin video before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =HhGuXCuDb1UXX
No, I hadn't seen that, but it's certainly on point - both my specific point about alternative medicine and the greater point about magical thinking. Thanks for sharing that.
Siro

Ryde, Australia

#187846 Nov 28, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Well you are wrong there, no ONE person ever murdered as many as your God has. Your God trumps ALL in his object cruelty towards mankind.
So youre saying God exists....

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hong Kong

#187847 Nov 28, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't help but chortle at the images that the phrase "rouge soldiers" evokes...
Maybelline military?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Dan78iel 3,989
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Dogen 83,187
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 15 hr Science 2,576
High School Atheism Nov 14 Reason Personified 3
Reasoning with Insanity (Jun '16) Nov 14 Reason Personified 106
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... (May '17) Nov 6 Frindly 1,175
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing Oct 24 xfrodobagginsx 1
More from around the web