Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#187718 Nov 27, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi there stranger, long time no see, how are you doing?
Hi Christine

I'm fine, thanks; I hope you're well.

Getting closer to that magic retirement date and rapidly losing my work ethic.

If I had my way, I'd sell up and move to Guilin or Manila. However, in deference to my other half and by way of compromise, it's looking like Oban.

I can live with that - I love the west highlands of Scotland and Oban is a gateway to the highlands and islands.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#187719 Nov 27, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
Has been known that I “sate” myself occasionally, and we know you do, why else would people call you a wanker? However because you have an illegal Mexican ramming your butt does not mean that we have illegal Mexicans this side of the Atlantic puddle
We have plenty of Mexicans where I live, but they're all pretty much legal. I can't tell you much about butt ramming, but this cabbie might:
http://unfortunatelynamed.com/...

Word has it that Ram is the nephew of Mustafa Johnson and Ivana Weiner twice removed.

Cambridge, UK

#187720 Nov 27, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't they sing backup in Fleetwood Mac?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NsLykJ17OxcXX
Fleetwood Mac at their best....

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Fennario

#187722 Nov 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
It is a fact that I love my wife. Teach me how I can share that with you.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. put her on a plane to Vegas? I can pick her up at the airport ..
That's the funniest thing I've read in a while.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#187723 Nov 27, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Because probability is only testable with larger numbers of trials.
Besides, Amazing changed the protocol after testing began.
He has stated neither he nor the candidate can do that.
It's a joke. There is no prize.
The testing hadn't begun.
They were still discussing the protocol.

Cambridge, UK

#187724 Nov 27, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> How many times must you be told God can do things that man considers majic. What is impossible with men is possible with God. Do you understand, babbling buffoon?
Not just your god but those other gods are also adept at using magic.

Cambridge, UK

#187725 Nov 27, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Btw someone paid over 14 million for a first edition book of psalms. A first edition bible goes for 35 million. This suggests God is alive. His spirit endearing people.
It suggests that someone has a lot of money to spend.

Fennario

#187726 Nov 27, 2013
Thinking wrote:
In the event that ESP can be scientifically proven it will become part of science.
Yep.

And the people excited about it now will lose interest in it and pursue Bigfoot.

On a related note, there's no alternative medicine, either. If it works, it's medicine. If it's an alternative to it, it's not medicine.

Cambridge, UK

#187727 Nov 27, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Youre only guessing. You just don't know. The enlightened know. So, be patient my jackass.
You don't really know.

You may talk about faith but what that word translates as, is "pretending to know stuff you don't know".
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#187728 Nov 27, 2013
Stayed in Oban several times on the way West or North. Lovely place.
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Christine
I'm fine, thanks; I hope you're well.
Getting closer to that magic retirement date and rapidly losing my work ethic.
If I had my way, I'd sell up and move to Guilin or Manila. However, in deference to my other half and by way of compromise, it's looking like Oban.
I can live with that - I love the west highlands of Scotland and Oban is a gateway to the highlands and islands.
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#187729 Nov 27, 2013
Exhibit A: "Ouch."
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Supply said evidence.
(and try not starting a few posts with the word "Buck"....)

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#187730 Nov 27, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, they cannot sue. He has them sign waivers.
That won't hold up in court if they had actually passed the test.
Buck Crick wrote:
And another way he dodges this is to not declare them an official applicant until he sees whether he needs to change the rules.
Please give an example of where his rules were unfair.
Buck Crick wrote:
There was not "confusion" with Krippner. He had already informed Amazing he would not serve.
We don't know the timeline of the correspondence. I don't know who suggested Krippner but there's little point contacting him until both parties have agreed he could be part of the test. Then he would be contacted.
Buck Crick wrote:
I am not interested in any discussion on the Amazing forum, since they are proven liars.
Prove they are proven liars.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#187731 Nov 27, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the best thing about you, Dave - your beautiful spirit. not your sage advice or mastery of science and philosophy.
Yours will drown with you after your turn to fall off the boat.

Do you really think your preaching eternal death and slavery to your earthly masters is going to be worth anything to me, IANS?

You are utter and total death and uselessness. You will leave nothing of value to the human race and will have nothing to look forward to.

Living in the moment is fine, as long as you have subsequent moments.

Fennario

#187732 Nov 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
It was not "hard" enough data to commit men, materials, and action to at the present state it was in. Both "experts" said it was something that needed to be further investigated in another form because the results were way above chance. It is still being researched somewhere, somehow, and maybe even by the military or intelligence services. It may even be employed by them. It is just not the sort of thing you advertise you are doing.
That's appropriate. The findings need explaining.

But for now, the only possible position for a rational skeptic remains agnosticism, meaning nonacceptance of the claims of those who say that the paranormal has been scientifically proven.

Fennario

#187734 Nov 27, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
Hyman, a known skeptic, did not disagree with the analysis of the results, but just could not bring himself to concur with Utts that psi is proven.
Then I should just take the opposite of what he said because if he were honest, he would have said that instead? Good advice, Buck. Thanks for thinking for both Hyman and me.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#187735 Nov 27, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
That's why it has spiked WAY beyond all historical cycles, covering hundreds of thousands of years, in the last 100 years.
Sure.
OK.
All man-made sources constitute from .3% to 4%, depending on what source is referenced.

Satellite observations show the highest levels of CO2 are present over non-industrialized regions like the Amazon.

The five-year period ending 2013 has seen 2 hurricane landfalls. That is a record low since 1900.

Greenland ice sheets were smaller 3000 years ago than today

Arctic Sea ice extent is the same as it was 40 years ago.

Arctic temperatures peaked before 1950, stable to declining since.

A new paper confirms the Sun was particularly active during the latter 20th century, coinciding with slight climate warming. The same phenomenon occurred on Mars, where there are no automobiles or smokestacks, as far as we know.

A new report published today by the Global Warming Policy Foundation concludes that there has been no increase in extreme weather events in recent decades.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#187736 Nov 27, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you actually saying that when it comes to explaining our reality, you consider the bible to be more reliable than science?
No.

Since: Oct 13

glendale, ca

#187737 Nov 27, 2013
i dont know any Christians or Catholics that do anything for anyone except themselves. its a total social status nowadays and since i have denounced organized religion ( i went to catholic school and never fed on the **)whenever i tell ppl im not a christian they try to convert, whenever i tell someone im atheist i leave them the hell alone to believe what ever foolishness they want to believe. The bible is theology not a history book.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#187738 Nov 27, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Blob of messy face, youre a topix phenomena. A perfidious obsessive ugly one. Theres a vast right wing conspiracy that's gonna git ya, lol
Jesus. You are so like him.

... not.

LMAO!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#187739 Nov 27, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Lies? Blob drunk poor and stupid is no way to traverse life. This is your way,Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc'-ra-cy)- a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers
It's cute how much you think I care about you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 min Simon 32,937
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Simon 81,541
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr Dan78iel 3,977
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 23 hr Science 2,188
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Oct 11 old_moose 233
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Oct 10 blacklagoon 3 94
Deconversion (Feb '17) Oct 10 Eagle 12 - 145
More from around the web