Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258512 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#187571 Nov 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think God is restrained to what we call laws of physics?
How have you confirmed that He is?
What makes you think that anything in this universe is not constrained by the physical laws of this universe?

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#187572 Nov 27, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you share some of those proofs for us? Your video was longer than I was willing to give to this. Do you have a written report of any paranormal claim proven with scientific precision? Remember, unsupported claims mean little with skeptics. If you want to be believed by evidence based thinkers, you need to give them a reason.
Extrasensory Electroencephalographic
Induction between Identical Twins

http://www.deanradin.com/evidence/Duane1965.p...

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#187573 Nov 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Can you share some of those proofs for us? Your video was longer than I was willing to give to this. Do you have a written report of any paranormal claim proven with scientific precision? Remember, unsupported claims mean little with skeptics. If you want to be believed by evidence based thinkers, you need to give them a reason.
Correlations between brain electrical activities of two spatially
separated human subjects

http://www.deanradin.com/evidence/Wackermann2...

“Be strong ...”

#187574 Nov 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You said it was impossible, sweetness. Now you dodge when proven wrong.
Lovey dovey, let's get into realities of a much more powerful entity and its force within your little universe.
This universe is like a huge and complicated mobile you would hang over your child's crib. It's positions are very important for the way you stay to together, however. Fine tuned energy transfers.
You don't want a higher power shouting at you to get your attention. Tends to shake that mobile up.
Nope I simply point out that your tinfoil had may have some holes in it

Your inappropriate and irrelevant similes are inappropriate and irrelevant.

Honey, when you can prove a “higher power” then please come back and try again, people like you have been trying for several thousand years and failed so I won’t be holding my breath.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#187575 Nov 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Telepathic Transfer of Emotional Information in Humans

http://www.deanradin.com/evidence/Eisenberg19...

“Be strong ...”

#187576 Nov 27, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does.
E=MC^2, therefore, Capone kidnapped baby Lindberg.
It's science.
The E=MC^2 bit is mathematics and proven to be correct and effective within the domain it was meant for. The rest is your delusional wondering and explains why you believe the BS you believe

“Be strong ...”

#187577 Nov 27, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
I had to google Michael Dudikoff - I haven't seen any of his films.
Hi there stranger, long time no see, how are you doing?

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#187578 Nov 27, 2013
<quoted text>
ELECTROCORTICAL ACTIVITY PRIOR TO UNPREDICTABLE STIMULI IN MEDITATORS
AND NONMEDITATORS

http://www.deanradin.com/evidence/Radin2011No...

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#187579 Nov 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Predictive physiological anticipation preceding seemingly
unpredictable stimuli: a meta-analysis

http://www.deanradin.com/evidence/Mossbridge2...
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#187580 Nov 27, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, when you can prove a “higher power” then please come back and try again, people like you have been trying for several thousand years and failed so I won’t be holding my breath.
Would that be baited breath? Have you been sated yet this morning?

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#187581 Nov 27, 2013
<quoted text>
CONSCIOUSNESS, INFORMATION, AND LIVING SYSTEMS

http://www.deanradin.com/evidence/Dunne2005.p...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#187582 Nov 27, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I expected you to act like a stupid ass.
I was not disappointed.
And again, a pointless ad-hom.

The guy's a registered nutter, and you know it.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#187583 Nov 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Examining Psychokinesis: The Interaction of Human Intention With
Random Number Generators—A Meta-Analysis

http://www.deanradin.com/evidence/Bosch2006RN...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#187584 Nov 27, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Correlations between brain electrical activities of two spatially
separated human subjects
http://www.deanradin.com/evidence/Wackermann2...
Dean Radin? I'd actually heard of him.

Another off-the-scope nutter. Probably an Art Bell fan, too...

"Radin's books have received negative reviews from skeptics and scientists. A critical review of The Conscious Universe was published by the British mathematician I. J. Good in Nature. Good discovered flaws in Radin's method for evaluating the file-drawer effect and wrote the book avoided to mention evidence of fraud in parapsychology. Victor J. Stenger also made a criticism of the book reflecting Good's arguments, arguing that Radin did not perform the file-drawer analysis correctly, made fundamental errors in his calculations and ignored possible, non-paranormal explanations for the data."- Wiki.

You do know that "parapsychology" is another word for "Bullshit", right?

Rocky Ford, CO

#187585 Nov 27, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Demonstrating one is not the imperative, sweet love. Your finding one yourself is.

You're on a cruise ship, sweetness. You WILL be falling overboard at some time in the journey. All alone as that ship keeps sailing off into the distance.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#187586 Nov 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
They have not proven it yet so how are they "proving it now"?! You're a fortune teller for science, are ya?
If.......IF........science demonstrates abiogenesis is possible, they're doing it using intelligence and intelligent design.
Sucks, huh?
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>No intelligent design,all they would be dong is duplicating the conditions of an early Earth that gave rise to abiogenesis. You really shouldn't comment on things you don't fully understand.
I didn't say now, scientist working on the process estimate they will succeed within the next decade. then..Kiss your myth goodbye!!! LOL
You know what?

Never mind.

You're puny mind can't comprehend basic logic.

Rocky Ford, CO

#187587 Nov 27, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The E=MC^2 bit is mathematics and proven to be correct and effective within the domain it was meant for. The rest is your delusional wondering and explains why you believe the BS you believe
Cool.

Explain it to us.

Define the terms. Explain the reason for the squared.

Turn it into a process and not just a term.

You can't.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#187588 Nov 27, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually it's physics.

Are you aware of this one?

pi x r^2?

It represents the circumference of a circle.

But it also proves Shakespeare was not the author of his plays.

It's science, Saltines. Don't argue with science.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#187589 Nov 27, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Would that be baited breath? Have you been sated yet this morning?
She sates herself.

Or forces an illegal mexican to do it.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#187590 Nov 27, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
What I observe in people like Dawkins is a readiness to attribute anything and everything in life to mutation and natural selection.
That's an overstatement. He readily acknowledges a cultural component to behavior. Did you read the two-part article of his I posted links for recently? He alluded to non-Darwinian mechanisms in that such as nongenetic Darwinian selection and nongenetic epidemiology:

"My specific hypothesis is about children. More than any other species, we survive by the accumulated experience of previous generations ... Darwinian selection sets up childhood brains with a tendency to believe their elders. It sets up brains with a tendency to imitate, hence indirectly to spread rumors, spread urban legends, and believe religions.

"But given that genetic selection has set up brains of this kind, they then provide the equivalent of a new kind of nongenetic heredity, which might form the basis for a new kind of epidemiology, and perhaps even a new kind of nongenetic Darwinian selection.

"I believe that religion is one of a group of phenomena explained by this kind of nongenetic epidemiology, with the possible admixture of nongenetic Darwinian selection. If I am right, religion has no survival value for individual human beings, nor for the benefit of their genes. The benefit, if there is any, is to religion itself."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr candlesmell 95,413
Atheism saved me 6 hr Elganned 32
The atheists mind 6 hr Elganned 75
News Scientific, Philosophical Case for God's Existe... 18 hr Elganned 186
Why creation? Jun 21 Elganned 60
man Jun 18 blacklagoon 3 1
News Atheism and Wonder Jun 14 Eagle 12 - 50