Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258473 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#187507 Nov 26, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>"Thats why LOVE is so different to so many people" I thought you said emotions didn't exist!!! Now you claiming LOVE is different for different people? A little confused are we?
No.

We aren't confused.

You are confused.

Because I never said that emotions don't exist.

I said the scientific evidence doesn't exist.

Hope that helps you, my wee friend
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#187508 Nov 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a fact that I love my wife.
Teach me how I can share that with you.
I think you just did...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#187509 Nov 26, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you just did...
So you just take my word on it?

Just Think challenged it to be "shared and others could verify".

That's what needs to be addressed.

How can you verify that I love my wife?

How can I verify that you love your mom?

Anecdotal testimony?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#187510 Nov 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't hate me cuz I prove you wrong.
Only thing you prove is that you are a liar and a moron.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#187511 Nov 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
To us open-minded folks anyway....
You have a hole in your head.

Agreed.

You went to deep self trephaning.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#187512 Nov 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a fact that I love my wife.
Teach me how I can share that with you.
Thanks, but I'm not into threesomes...
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#187513 Nov 26, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>If killing during a war was a crime, them millions of us would now be in prison. Society accepts killing in war as necessary to winning, and in some cases necessary in preserving the freedom and way of life of a people.
You come up with the most lame ass analogies I have ever seen. Come on now pops, God was NOT a member of an organization, he was, as YOU believe, the creator of all there is, a kind and loving being, a being with unlimited powers who apparently was acting on his own when he killed millions, including defenseless little babies.
I killed because my Government required that I do so, in many ways I had no choice in the matter, and in reality it was kill or be killed, so any killing that I did was in self-defense.
No one required God to kill, he decided that all by himself. And because I have never killed beyond what was required of me, and for reasons of self-defense, I am in fact more righteous than the God you worship. And I can say with certainly, that I have never killed a baby, or any children. Can your God say that???
I just don’t see why it was ok for you and the United States and it’s not ok for Hebrews to defend themselves in the past. According to you it was a crime if the Hebrews fought and destroyed an enemy. Just like in your case it was kill or be killed. Hypocrisy? Double standard?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#187514 Nov 26, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
If it were a fact, it would be a fact that you could share and others could verify.
You have a belief.
For "myself" it's a fact. God is real. If you don't believe, well I can't help you. You are the captain of your own ship. Sail where you will.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#187515 Nov 26, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Very nice, and the three little pigs each built a house, one from straw, one from wood, and one from bricks. You know the rest, and my little pigs story has the exact same evidence as your Mythical Jesus story, not sure what your point was here!!!
"Jesus never one time criticized a Medical Doctor."

The gospel of Luke in the new testament was written by a Medical Doctor.

Yet despite that fact you seem to think believers are anti-medicine.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#187516 Nov 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
For "myself" it's a fact. God is real. If you don't believe, well I can't help you. You are the captain of your own ship. Sail where you will.
Why on earth would I believe in something for which there has literally never been any proof?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#187517 Nov 26, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
The U.S. Government initiated Operation Stargate to explore the feasibility of paranormal activity, especially "remote viewing", as an aid to intelligence gathering and high level spying. After decades of controlled experiments, their conclusion was there is no real world application for any paranormal phenomena.
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vision_remo...
History has recorded General George Patton ordering his Chaplain to come up with a prayer for good weather. The Third Army did get the good weather requested and went on to victory.

“Chaplain, I am a strong believer in Prayer. There are three ways that men get what they want; by planning, by working, and by Praying.” General Patton, WWII

“Almighty and most merciful Father, we humbly beseech Thee, of Thy great goodness, to restrain these immoderate rains with which we have had to contend. Grant us fair weather for Battle. Graciously hearken to us as soldiers who call upon Thee that, armed with Thy power, we may advance from victory to victory, and crush the oppression and wickedness of our enemies and establish Thy justice among men and nations.”

http://pattonhq.com/prayer.html
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#187518 Nov 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
They have not proven it yet so how are they "proving it now"?! You're a fortune teller for science, are ya?
If.......IF........science demonstrates abiogenesis is possible, they're doing it using intelligence and intelligent design.
Sucks, huh?
No intelligent design,all they would be dong is duplicating the conditions of an early Earth that gave rise to abiogenesis. You really shouldn't comment on things you don't fully understand.

I didn't say now, scientist working on the process estimate they will succeed within the next decade. then..Kiss your myth goodbye!!! LOL
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#187519 Nov 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
We aren't confused.
You are confused.
Because I never said that emotions don't exist.
I said the scientific evidence doesn't exist.
Hope that helps you, my wee friend
If there is NO evidence for the existence of emotions, then love is not possible. How do you KNOW that emotions exist? Everything that exists can be verified by science, so if scientific evidence for emotions doesn't exist, just how do you know that they do?
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#187520 Nov 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just don’t see why it was ok for you and the United States and it’s not ok for Hebrews to defend themselves in the past. According to you it was a crime if the Hebrews fought and destroyed an enemy. Just like in your case it was kill or be killed. Hypocrisy? Double standard?
Holy shit, you don't understand much do you. I have no problems with the Hebrews defending themselves, but God killing millions. Exactly how was God defending himself when he killed all of the Egyptian babies? How was God defending himself when he killed Apox. 20 million humans in a global flood? He killed a lot of Israelis also, 50,700 of them just for looking into the Ark Of The Covenant. Another 24,000 with a plague. How was he defending himself when he killed Lots wife? And finally, just to show you the difference between fighting in a war and killing just for the fun of it, as your God does. Your God sent 2 bears to rip apart 42 youths, they died in fear and agony, their crime for such a gruesome death? they mocked Elisha's bald head!!!! Nice God you worship there skippy.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#187521 Nov 26, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
The Meaning of Life wasn't as good as the Life of Brian
Hey, Khat!

"Holy Grail" rules.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#187522 Nov 26, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, Khat!

"Holy Grail" rules.
Yellow Beard was my fave.

Hey mac :)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#187523 Nov 26, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Blob. There was no inflation from 2008 to 2009.
LMAO!

Since you start with a flat, easy-to-prove LIE?

I will not bother to read the rest of your lie.

You are some special kind of stupid.

LMAO!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#187524 Nov 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But....the sky isn't blue...
I'm sorry for your loss of sanity.

Very sad.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#187525 Nov 26, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, Khat!
"Holy Grail" rules.
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Yellow Beard was my fave.
Hey mac :)
Time Bandits.

;)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#187526 Nov 26, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't call him James.
He is the Amazing Randi.
In the words of Dr. Sheldrake: "The man is a liar". "He is a deceiver by profession and he is a deceiver by nature".
The reason Sheldrake can publicly say this to an audience without fear of being sued for slander?
He has proof - ironclad, documented proof that Randi is a fraud.
...or, excuse me. I mean the Amazing Randi.
That'd be Alfie Rupert Sheldrake?

The "morphic resonance" idiot?

He's a gardener.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 15 min Science 67,076
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 44 min Subduction Zone 28,575
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 5 hr yehoshooah adam 3,516
is it ever right to hate Christians as a group? 17 hr superwilly 21
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 17 hr superwilly 462
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Apr 22 IB DaMann 5,975
News Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of ... Apr 20 Eagle 12 9
More from around the web