Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
179,041 - 179,060 of 224,117 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Time does not exist until you try to transverse space.
"Space" can exist without time.
Space/time was created as a math means of measuring the energy that was released to set things into motion. Our little bubble of existence.
Motion makes time.
Put little Aura out all by himself in the vastness of "space", outside this bubble we exist in. There is no time but the motion within little Aura. He has nothing else to measure against.
That is what I have referred to in that yearning for manifestation. The real Hell.
You have to be polarized in some fashion to mingle with others. We do that now with gravity as the base and EM as the actuator.
Time has existed ever since space has, it doesn't matter if we learned to measure it or not. But we have been measuring it for tens of thousands of years. The only space that exists without time
is inside a black hole, or inside your mouth...or something like that.

lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't argue with your equating belief in abiogenesis with belief in god.
Have you told IAnus, because he believes it.
Abiogenesis isn't a belief though. It's the hypothesis of a process by which a living organism arises naturally from non-living matter.
As opposed to the belief that god created it.
God is not a hypothesis, it is a belief.
Abiogenesis is a hypothesis.
We study how this may have happened using materials and science, by testing various bio-chemical reactions with organic matter.

I think we gave up along time ago trying to test for a god, there's no chemicals or reactions that can lead to finding god.
But there is considerable effort toward the discovery of how life came to be , using this methodology.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Time has existed ever since space has, it doesn't matter if we learned to measure it or not. But we have been measuring it for tens of thousands of years. The only space that exists without time
is inside a black hole, or inside your mouth...or something like that.
lol
You are wrong.

The BBT and the expansion of space is purely a math construct that lumps space and time together. Not necessarily the greater reality.

A seed can not start marking time until it has started to sprout, pea brain. That BBT is a metaphor for a seed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Abiogenesis isn't a belief though. It's the hypothesis of a process by which a living organism arises naturally from non-living matter.
We study how this may have happened using materials and science, by testing various bio-chemical reactions with organic matter.
I think we gave up along time ago trying to test for a god, there's no chemicals or reactions that can lead to finding god.
But there is considerable effort toward the discovery of how life came to be , using this methodology.
Non-living matter was created, turnip head. Per "science".

Think process.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I call it dissection, and I enjoy it more than the "debates" that take place here.
Dissection captures the essence of analysis, which is the disassembly of a polymerous concept and the consideration of its elements. A related word is deconstruction. A full understanding includes an understanding of the parts to the whole, and of the whole to its context - related ideas and higher order categories categories.

By the way, since you've just recently arrived, and I've just posted a list of the philosophical topics that have been broached in this thread recently, if you missed any of them and are interested, let me know and I'll link you to them.

And that applies to those that were present but missed them, or would like to see them again. Many of these are very helpful ideas - ideas that helped me, and that I think might help others in the same way.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong.
The BBT and the expansion of space is purely a math construct that lumps space and time together. Not necessarily the greater reality.
A seed can not start marking time until it has started to sprout, pea brain. That BBT is a metaphor for a seed.

You aren't accusing me of being wrong, you're accusing Einstein of being wrong. As matter a fact you are accusing all of science of being wrong, but that's nothing new here, same old Dave rants, different day.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
I find people interesting especially people that have history and experience.
Agree.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So you think evolution is a CULT?....ha ha ha ha, really now pop's ....Cult----"A "system" of "religious" veneration and devotion directed toward a particular "figure" or "object." Were's the figure or object in evolution?
Of course your "Into" it, either that or you lied. You admitted to accepting "micro-evolution" so you accept evolution period, since there is NO DIFFERENCE between miro, and macro evolution. If you believe in micro-evolution you are now officially a member of the *cult* LOL
"The really nice thing about evolution is that's it's true whether or not you believe it"
I think you are confusing your death cult with a scientific fact. It's your death cult that chants..Glooooory to Gooooood, aaaaaaamen. Praissssse the loooooord, my looooord and savvvvior. See, now don't you feel really foolish!!!
So, are you changing your tune now and saying you do not accept micro-evolution? Personally I don't think you have any idea what constitutes evolution. Reading that creationists shit WILL rot your brain.
evoluuuuuuuuuuuuuuution [laughing]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Non-living matter was created, turnip head. Per "science".
Think process.
You created a non living turnip head? What did you use? magnets?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Please elaborate on something that you feel would be an experience of God. I'm asking genuinely.
God speaking, prayers answered, miracles, forgiveness of sins, healing, deliverance from substance abuse, many blessings, his promises coming true, prophesy, salvation, supplying needs, are but just a few.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
Are you bitter because you lost a close love one to leukemia?
You didn't ask me, but I'll answer:

I would only be bitter if I believed that somebody could have prevented the death, but allowed it to happen anyway. Otherwise, I would just be grieving.

This is a huge benefit of unbelief. There is a little boy with leukemia that is presently in remission who was on the news recently when the Make-A-Wish foundation arranged for him to live out his fantasy of being the superhero Batman. http://rt.com/usa/batkid-leukemia-saves-san-f...

If I later one day that he died of his disease, unlike the theist, I will have the comfort of knowing that it was just rotten luck, and not something that was allowed to happen.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that the leukaemia that your god invented at the same time as everything else?
Was that the leukaemia that your evolution invented at the same time as everything else?

evoluuuuution, breath in slowly, then exhale evoluuuuuuuuuuution.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
Being a conservative means being rational. Being a liberal means being willing to give someone else's shirt right off his back.
I have what I feel strongly are better definitions.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree.
My good Doctor,[tipping hat]

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
If I had known you would back up this dumptruck load of bullshit, I would have never mentioned it. Your premise is made up of whole cloth.
Nice rebuttal.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Forrest Gump,

“It all started with a RNA pool party, there was this band and they were playing hard rock music.”

Things got out of hand and the cops came and raided the place.

The RNA band just kinda went everywhere.

From there, sh*^ happened.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitting Bongo in the nose.
[laughing]
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Concentrate on proving the god your creationist cult sent you here to lie to us about, instead of getting caught up in stupid conversations.
I believe you’re partially paralyzed.

God can heal the brokenness of your spirit.

The bitterness you hold can be removed.

Disengage from your hate and ask God to forgive you of all your sins. Then the healing can begin my friend.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
He fabricates scriptures.
If I did, do you think you would know a made up scripture from one in the Christ bible?

On a related topic, do you think that you can pick out the bible verse from the from Shakespearean excerpt? Which of these is which?
http://www.sporcle.com/games/bamachile/billy-...

1. For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so
2. All that glisters is not gold
3. Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown
4. Let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth
5. What a piece of work is a man
6. Yet man is born unto trouble, as the sparks fly upward.
7. A merry heart doeth good like a medicine
8. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
9. Stay me with flagons, comfort me with apples: for I am sick of love.
10. Give me my robe, put on my crown; I have Immortal longings in me
11. Oh that my head were waters, and mine eyes a fountain of tears
12. This above all: to thine own self be true
13. How poor are they that have not patience!
14. Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing
15. Neither a borrower nor a lender be
16. Lord, what fools these mortals be!
17. Vanity of vanities; all is vanity
18. The better part of valor is discretion
19. Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning
20. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't accusing me of being wrong, you're accusing Einstein of being wrong. As matter a fact you are accusing all of science of being wrong, but that's nothing new here, same old Dave rants, different day.
Perhaps you don't understand what Einstein and others have actually said or describe.

You are a word worshipper. An intellect created exclusively by what you think you heard. An artificial intelligence.

Try understanding what you "know". Sprout some leaves and start growing, peanut head.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 27 min Richardfs 202
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 53 min Buck Crick 21,387
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 2 hr DonPanic 1,286
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 4 hr religionisillness 271
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 4 hr religionisillness 370
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 18 hr religionisillness 834
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... Thu Patrick 16
•••
•••