Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256603 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#186679 Nov 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you, a C?
You are here, right? You don't get B unless you have A. You don't get an A unless you is.
Your existence means you are either an A or a B.
No Dave, BartBuffoon is a D-.

ONly reason he's not an F is the teacher made him munch her rag.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#186680 Nov 22, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Forrest Gump,
“It all started with a RNA pool party, there was this band and they were playing hard rock music.”
Things got out of hand and the cops came and raided the place.
The RNA band just kinda went everywhere.
From there, sh*^ happened.
The "Forest Gump" alternative to science, somehow I figured you were smarter than that, sorry to be so wrong!!!

Location hidden

#186681 Nov 22, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Buck, you have no case, so why should IANS relent?
I had a case till I just drank 6 of 'em.

I am shocked at your appraisal, knowing how unbiased you are.

You stupid hen layer.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#186682 Nov 22, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you’re partially paralyzed.
God can heal the brokenness of your spirit.
The bitterness you hold can be removed.
Disengage from your hate and ask God to forgive you of all your sins. Then the healing can begin my friend.
Maybe he's like I am, I have NO SIN. Can't "heal" something that doesn't need healing now can you!!!
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#186684 Nov 22, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not long ago I went to a local restaurant here in town. I stepped out of the vehicle and heard the sound of hundreds of children playing at recess at the adjacent public school. It took me back briefly of the times I played at school recess.
It is one of the sweetest sounds one can ever hear. The sound of children playing. It was a joy to hear hundreds of children playing tag, ball and games of every sort. My good friend there’s a playground in heaven unlike anything here on this earth. There’s no more dying or pain and suffering.
Matthew 19:14
King James Version (KJV)
14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. Only great joy for all who go there.
[tipping hat]
Funny when you go Southern Africa you don't hear children laughing and playing, you hear the sounds of terror and they wail in pain, unbelievable pain caused by starvation and dehydration. You'll hear a similar sound coming from the slums in Rio.

"There's no more dying or pain and suffering" Further evidence for the mindset of the death cultist.

Location hidden

#186685 Nov 22, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I've never much cared what you think.
Good. Then you won't care if I think the roots of the hair in your nose are in your ass.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#186686 Nov 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a rather HUGE difference between the "applied" and "directed" actions of science and "random" actions. The "applied" and "directed" are forces "deliberately" channelled in a particular and "chosen" direction. There is something quantum mechanical about it.
VERY, VERY HUGE difference.
Sorry, I really try and avoid batshit crazy people!!!

Location hidden

#186687 Nov 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing. There just aren't enough ass wiping posts.
Ass-wiping posts?

There's one outside the restroom at Dude's Muffler Shop.

I don't use it. Splinters, you know.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#186688 Nov 22, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are supporting the opposite.
What you are saying is that science, at any particular moment, is probably wrong about a lot of things.
Thanks Blue Bayou. That's what I thought.
You Coprophagous fop.
You'd still be in a cave picking your ass and banging two bones together asking the Thunder God to bring more game if it weren't for science.

You'd better hope medical science is NOT wrong when you check in after that massive heart attack!!!

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#186689 Nov 22, 2013
Thinking wrote:
An all powerful god wouldn't care about causality.
<quoted text>
Is that supposed to be a profound intellectual observation?

Make a snowman. You just created something you had laying about the place. You are all powerful to this snowman.

Reach in and make a little heart for it,

Weave a 3D web. Cut and tie a knot in the middle of it,

Easy enough to destroy then and start over again. Otherwise you have a causality concern.

Your concept of an all powerful God is of a limited sort.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#186690 Nov 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a quick drive-by.
Locked in legal battles today.
File for a continuance?

Location hidden

#186691 Nov 22, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not see the rest of this conversation, but yes I spent over 9 weeks in Barbados early this year, and am booked to go back end of January for another stay there. I have not rented any vehicles there, and I drove only once, the first year I was there in my landlady's Mini.
You drove into your landlady's mini?

How was it?

I paid rent one month by hanging out for my landlady.

I don't mean hanging out "with"; hanging out "for".

Location hidden

#186692 Nov 22, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I really try and avoid batshit crazy people!!!
That's what your mama said, till she warmed up.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#186693 Nov 22, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No example of A is needed, you dope.
It doesn't matter what A or B is.
Universal logic requires A exist for B to come from it.
And I never heard of Milo Loosedick.
But if you want his ass whooped, bring him by.
Fighter for the Boston Bruins, yeah, when they are down in your neck of the woods I'll bring him by. Call him a sissy, and I'll step back.

Don't know why logic fails you so. That something CANNOT come from nothing is an argument from ignorance, period. In order to make that claim you are REQUIRED to have examples of BOTH. We have plenty of examples of SOMETHING, but have NO examples of NOTHING, no comparison can be made, so to claim that it is totally impossible for SOMETHING to come from NOTHING, can't be proven.

Location hidden

#186694 Nov 22, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe he's like I am, I have NO SIN. Can't "heal" something that doesn't need healing now can you!!!
You could ask for an average-size penis.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#186695 Nov 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh...
Since you think science deals with only the naturalistic realm, they should steer clear of dreams, emotions, sleep, yawning, gravity, why people are 90% right-handed and of course, purring cats.
All of the things you mentioned manifest themselves in the naturalistic realm, and can be examined by science. Next batter!!!

Rocky Ford, CO

#186696 Nov 22, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You'd still be in a cave picking your ass and banging two bones together asking the Thunder God to bring more game if it weren't for science.
You'd better hope medical science is NOT wrong when you check in after that massive heart attack!!!
So. How long has it been since we have been out of caves asking the Thunder God for more game?

So. How long have we had science co-existing with religion since then?

As a matter of fact you will find religion was the initiator of science.

Your head would make a great addition to your band. Just shake it in time.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#186697 Nov 22, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what your mama said, till she warmed up.
Don't have a mama, she died very young.

Location hidden

#186698 Nov 22, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Fighter for the Boston Bruins, yeah, when they are down in your neck of the woods I'll bring him by. Call him a sissy, and I'll step back.
Don't know why logic fails you so. That something CANNOT come from nothing is an argument from ignorance, period. In order to make that claim you are REQUIRED to have examples of BOTH. We have plenty of examples of SOMETHING, but have NO examples of NOTHING, no comparison can be made, so to claim that it is totally impossible for SOMETHING to come from NOTHING, can't be proven.
You are a muck-swilling idiot.

We don't need examples of nothing.

If there is no nothing, then something cannot come from it, so something can't come from nothing.

If there is a nothing, something cannot come from it, so something can't come from nothing.

With any scenario, something can't come from nothing.

So something can't come from nothing.

Like protoplasm inside your skull, you stupid cork face.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#186699 Nov 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying there is an overseeing eye, so to speak, to keep track of events?
You are very confused about what time is.

No Dave...you're just plain confused.
Go pick yourself up the new calendar, you might need it come January.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good arguments against Christianity 3 min emperorjohn 221
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 min Patrick 43,354
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 20 min Patrick 18,652
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 23 min Patrick 778
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 30 min Patrick 10,076
A Universe from Nothing? 1 hr u196533dm 596
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 2 hr Thinking 4,829
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr karl44 21,218
More from around the web