Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258485 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#183654 Nov 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>If that doesn't work he can always try Gasper The Friendly Ghost, both can be found deep in the imagination, or in Gaspers case, the cartoon network.
..Alas, you err my struthiform friend. Fictional cartoons cant compare to a wonderful Lord and Saviour who holds the keys to hell and the grave.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#183655 Nov 12, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> No baboon, Make yourself a fool to become wise, it is written.
"So let it be written, so let it be done." Yul Brenner, the King and I.

"My God is Crom, he laughs at your God" Conan The Barbarian.

It is also "written" that the God you worship murders little babies and destroys unborn fetuses.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#183656 Nov 12, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>..Alas, you err my struthiform friend. Fictional cartoons cant compare to a wonderful Lord and Saviour who holds the keys to hell and the grave.
Sorry Your demon God is just another fictional character, you have no proof that he/she/it is NOT. Gullibility is a horrid thing, you have it in spades. LOL
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#183657 Nov 12, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> hey mealymouth, are you sure youre not from parts south of Aron?
I love it when someone tries to hurl an insult and spells something incorrectly. Makes 'em look all the more stupid.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#183658 Nov 12, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>..Alas, you err my struthiform friend. Fictional cartoons cant compare to a wonderful Lord and Saviour who holds the keys to hell and the grave.
Sounds creepy
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#183659 Nov 12, 2013
Mikko wrote:
Abandoning this thread due to christarded trolls Buck Crick,Dave Nelson, Eagle 12.
I hate to see anyone leave, even if we don't see eye to eye.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#183660 Nov 12, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you print this juvenile crap at all? Do you really think we're going to read this, suddenly start trembling, fall to our knees, and accept Jesus as our savior? For most of us, religion is a been there, done that situation that failed to take hold. Once one is aware of how silly the religious trappings really are, there's no going back.
I just want you to know people do change and have the right to change their view. No need to get all upset because a fellow atheist converted.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#183661 Nov 12, 2013
http://www.thinkatheist.com/forum/topics/athe...

This is a good example of how most new "atheism" is a socio-political movement and not a "non-belief".

Read the comments. "Two" atheists hit the nail on the head.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#183662 Nov 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshit and more bullshit heaped on top of more bullshit, then added to an ever larger pile of bullshit, joining up with an even larger pile of bullshit. Seems as though all you have here is BULLSHIT.
You must have some fisherman in you because you're upset at the one that got away.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#183663 Nov 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I went to one of Eagle's all night prayer meetings, there were 147 amputees who had been there praying for 50 years, nothing yet!!!!50 parent with down syndrome children also there, been there for 5 years, nothing yet for them either, however there was a women who had lost her house keys and prayed, sure enough, her prayers WERE answered, she found them under the seat of the car........AMAZING.PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!
[Laughing] That is one of your best post. At least now we know you do have personality,[laughing].
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#183664 Nov 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>"So let it be written, so let it be done." Yul Brenner, the King and I.
"My God is Crom, he laughs at your God" Conan The Barbarian.
It is also "written" that the God you worship murders little babies and destroys unborn fetuses.
"So let it be written, so let it be done."

More like the Ten Commandments.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#183665 Nov 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry Your demon God is just another fictional character, you have no proof that he/she/it is NOT. Gullibility is a horrid thing, you have it in spades. LOL
If he's fictional, why are you fighting him?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#183666 Nov 12, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Cleveland taught me there really is no god.
I would love to hear your story.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#183667 Nov 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
Fred's Story:
HOW FRED BECAME AN ATHEIST:
Raised Catholic and came to realize the God his priests were talking about had the ability to peer into his most private thoughts and convict him of "thought Crimes." He then found out after reading his bible that this God was unbelievably immoral, condoning slavery, Genocide, infanticide, and involved in blood sacrifice, and promoting the rape of young girls. his final straw was this God murdering innocent little babies, that was it for Fred. He immediately converted to a life of free thought, critical thinking, and extreme skepticism. The light of truth and facts can be a wonderful place, the place of Atheism. Lucky Fred!!!!!!!!!
If there is no God as you and your buddy Fred claim. Then all these atrocities were done by mankind. We must assume Fred is of the human race. So Fred’s fellow man did all these horrible things. What’s Fred going to do now?

Leave the human race?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#183668 Nov 12, 2013
Atheist are always praising evolution. Not once have they claimed evolution is responsible for all these horrendous diseases that plague mankind. Nope, they blame that all on God. Even though they say he doesn’t exist.

Let’s all interlock our fingers and sit down and chant,

“evoluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuution.“

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#183669 Nov 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.thinkatheist.com/fo rum/topics/atheist-dog-tags-vs -no?id=1982180%3ATopic%3A42512 7&page=1#comments
This is a good example of how most new "atheism" is a socio-political movement and not a "non-belief".
Read the comments. "Two" atheists hit the nail on the head.
You are right of course..atheism can be a belief. One not based on anything rational or logical, But then we are still talking about BELIEVERS, not atheists really. Which are of course non believers. In my world those who have become nonbelievers have done so from a logical and rational perspective, you wont trick them.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#183670 Nov 12, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
Atheist are always praising evolution. Not once have they claimed evolution is responsible for all these horrendous diseases that plague mankind. Nope, they blame that all on God. Even though they say he doesn’t exist.
Let’s all interlock our fingers and sit down and chant,
That what you fools do... maybe?

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#183671 Nov 12, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is no God as you and your buddy Fred claim. Then all these atrocities were done by mankind. We must assume Fred is of the human race. So Fred’s fellow man did all these horrible things. What’s Fred going to do now?
Leave the human race?
Resist the majority.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#183672 Nov 12, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Resist the majority.
"You are right of course..atheism can be a belief. One not based on anything rational or logical, But then we are still talking about BELIEVERS, not atheists really. Which are of course non believers. In my world those who have become nonbelievers have done so from a logical and rational perspective, you wont trick them."

You don't have to. They trick themselves.

"Resist the majority."

Be different just to be different. Makes you feel better. Feeds the ego.

If they believe, then disbelieve. You can always find an excuse.

Like it has been continually pointed out. When you start advocating your "non-belief" it becomes a belief.

Why are you on here? To preach the message of your "non-belief", or to defend it? Or is it just to be obnoxious exclusively?

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#183673 Nov 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"You are right of course..atheism can be a belief. One not based on anything rational or logical, But then we are still talking about BELIEVERS, not atheists really. Which are of course non believers. In my world those who have become nonbelievers have done so from a logical and rational perspective, you wont trick them."
You don't have to. They trick themselves.
"Resist the majority."
Be different just to be different. Makes you feel better. Feeds the ego.
If they believe, then disbelieve. You can always find an excuse.
Like it has been continually pointed out. When you start advocating your "non-belief" it becomes a belief.
Why are you on here? To preach the message of your "non-belief", or to defend it? Or is it just to be obnoxious exclusively?
None of the above.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 min Science 80,099
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 50 min Amused 32,609
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) 55 min Amused 176
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) 1 hr Amused 70
what science will NEVER be able to prove 23 hr Eagle 12 - 10
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) 23 hr Eagle 12 - 106
News Atheist billboards to mock Romney, Obama faith (Aug '12) Sep 15 superwilly 47
More from around the web