Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#183299 Nov 10, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
Dedicated to all our Veterans.
[Snappy Salute]
[Snappy Salute]

<then falls backward over chair>

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#183300 Nov 10, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District.
Pennsylvania, 2005.
400 F. Supp. 2d 707, Docket no. 4cv2688.
Landmark case.
Yes, that is the one :) The audacity of those who were trying to scam their way into making that a legal course appalled me. It is a wonder that the USA has education at all with those types sitting on the school boards.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#183301 Nov 10, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
And none of the ones mentioned have a single shred of justification for their beliefs.
But that's okay-- you do not need to justify a hobby, right?
None owes justification for their beliefs, unless they state their beliefs are facts.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#183302 Nov 10, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a pity that you cannot seem to frame a coherent reply.
He or she did, it just went over your head.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#183303 Nov 10, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole basis of christianity is escaping death; the pipe dream of "eternal life". Quite sad and bordering on pathetic.
You are admitting you consider eternal life unpleasant.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#183304 Nov 10, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You are admitting you consider eternal life unpleasant.
Not only would eternal life be unpleasant, I see it as an actual hell. Every goal that you ever wanted to achieve would be realized, everything you ever desired would be realized, and then what? Another thousand years to look forward to, and then another million, and what will you now do with every goal you ever wanted fulfilled? No matter what you aspire to, no matter how many goals you could think of, all would be fulfilled and you'd be left with NOTHING. An endless string of nothing, millions of years with nothing, this is the true hell, and comically this is what Theists live and breath for, pitiful. As Woody Allen once said, "eternity is a really long time, especially toward the end."
Thinking

UK

#183305 Nov 10, 2013
Yes I could.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if you could tell me how does a bird fly from one part of the world to the other with pin point accuracy?

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#183306 Nov 10, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Not only would eternal life be unpleasant, I see it as an actual hell. Every goal that you ever wanted to achieve would be realized, everything you ever desired would be realized, and then what? Another thousand years to look forward to, and then another million, and what will you now do with every goal you ever wanted fulfilled? No matter what you aspire to, no matter how many goals you could think of, all would be fulfilled and you'd be left with NOTHING. An endless string of nothing, millions of years with nothing, this is the true hell, and comically this is what Theists live and breath for, pitiful. As Woody Allen once said, "eternity is a really long time, especially toward the end."
That is why you picked the faith you did.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#183307 Nov 10, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that is the one :) The audacity of those who were trying to scam their way into making that a legal course appalled me. It is a wonder that the USA has education at all with those types sitting on the school boards.
Are you and mac going to share your close call experiences? What you were thinking when they happened?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#183308 Nov 10, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
In your opinion, Eagle, how is fraud in science detected and debunked? Is it by the Scientific Method or perhaps because Jimmy Swaggart had a vision?
By accident.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#183309 Nov 10, 2013
silly rabbits, tricks are for kids, there is no life after death, no god, not even jc the man, get over it folks, and take responsibility for your actions, towards each other, and the planet we all live on. We may never have a social utopia between men, but from what I understand of the known Universe, there is no other planet that sustains the diversity of life as we know it.This is not some waiting area for a better place, this is all we have.
LCNLin

United States

#183310 Nov 10, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
And THIS is what Theists build their lives and those in their families around:
THE BIBLE: Back when the bible was written, then edited, then rewritten, then rewritten, then re-edited, then translated from dead languages, then rewritten, then edited, then rewritten, then given to Kings for them to take their favorite parts, the rewritten, then translated again and given to the pope for him to approve, then rewritten, then re-edited again, then re re re re re rewritten again, all based on stories that were told ORALLY 30-90 years AFTER they happened to people who didn't know how to write..so........!! pitiful!!!!!!
Amusing mumbo jumbo, we Irish call Malarkey.
Good to read his stuff if one keeps a sense of humor and looks for the defensive quality
LOL
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#183311 Nov 10, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
There has been fraud in any possible place that a human could imagine, and especially in the preaching of the Bible. That does not mean that science has not made many discoveries that are accurate, and if it hadn't we would not be sitting at a computer having these debates today.
Evolution is not just a theory but has been proved, and there are several, but not many examples in the world today, where the very same animal can be found in two different environments exhibiting different traits. one of these is a case where the same animal in one environment lays eggs from which its young are hatched, while in a different environment the babies are born as are humans, full or at least partially developed, but not inside an egg. The explanation that was given concerning that example was that due to a harsher environment that one group of these animals were exposed to it had retained a safer means of producing its young. I can't give the exact details nor the place now, as though it did occur, I can't recall where I found that information.
You are presenting a cartoon version of evolution, and no evolutionist or scientist is presenting evolution in the ways you describe. A wolf didn't run over a river and turn into a whale or vice versa, however you described it. Yes, animals that we see today did evolve from a primitive form, over many millions of years, but it didn't occur the way you indicated.
Before you laugh at proven facts, perhaps you should get some education yourself. Nothing in the Bible, relating to God, miracles, raisings from the dead, or any other supernatural event, has ever been proved, nor has any evidence of such ever been found. All of the things you might believe came from books which have no known evidence to substantiate.
Atheism 101:

“When responding to believers, always try to make them look uneducated. At the same time let them assume you are in the upper echelon of knowledge.”

Christianity, Dealing with Atheist 101.

Atheist are narcissistic and will always reach into their bag of prepackaged responses. One of their favorites is,“You need to get an education.” Just remember the source from which it comes from, an egotist, self-absorbed, self centered, conceited, underachiever, anti-socialist, selfish and vain individual.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#183312 Nov 10, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Yes I could.
<quoted text>
You didn't anwser the question. But I'm not surprised.
Thinking

UK

#183313 Nov 10, 2013
Anyone that enters heaven knowing that hell exists is a cu*t.
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You are admitting you consider eternal life unpleasant.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#183314 Nov 10, 2013
oneear69 wrote:
silly rabbits, tricks are for kids, there is no life after death, no god, not even jc the man, get over it folks, and take responsibility for your actions, towards each other, and the planet we all live on. We may never have a social utopia between men, but from what I understand of the known Universe, there is no other planet that sustains the diversity of life as we know it.This is not some waiting area for a better place, this is all we have.
If you are sure there's no life after death that would mean you have died at some point and time and came back to life to tell us.
How long were you dead? A couple of days? What brought you back to life Frankenstein? Electricity?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#183315 Nov 10, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief!!! Are you that backward?
Hey, I have had the distinct pleasure of using an outhouse before, lol.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#183316 Nov 10, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Not only would eternal life be unpleasant, I see it as an actual hell. Every goal that you ever wanted to achieve would be realized, everything you ever desired would be realized, and then what? Another thousand years to look forward to, and then another million, and what will you now do with every goal you ever wanted fulfilled? No matter what you aspire to, no matter how many goals you could think of, all would be fulfilled and you'd be left with NOTHING. An endless string of nothing, millions of years with nothing, this is the true hell, and comically this is what Theists live and breath for, pitiful. As Woody Allen once said, "eternity is a really long time, especially toward the end."
I sure wish you would go with us Doctor. We're going to have a great time. We can ride our Harleys down main street in heaven.
Thinking

UK

#183317 Nov 10, 2013
I did "anwser" you.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't anwser the question.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#183318 Nov 10, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are sure there's no life after death that would mean you have died at some point and time and came back to life to tell us.
How long were you dead? A couple of days? What brought you back to life Frankenstein? Electricity?
Unfortunately, you will not realize how wrong you are.You will only live in the memories of your loved ones. Only king Tut, and Elvis get to live forever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam for peace, or violence? 15 min Chiclets 41
Our world came from nothing? 17 min Reason Personified 1,041
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr Adam 22,993
Does Being 'Spiritual But Not Religious' Really... 6 hr Thinking 2
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' Mon Thinking 90
Man center of the universe. Mon Thinking 87
Razer and Ben Affleck take on the atheists Oct 17 Thinking 6

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE