Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#183216 Nov 9, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder, if you could prove your god? you lying creationist cult member?
Ok, here’s what you do. The next time there’s a lighting storm in your area. Put a ˝ teaspoon of salt in each one of your shoes. Put your shoes back on. Go out into the rain at the highest point in your neighborhood. Hold up your middle finger as high as your can. Then tell God what you think of him.

You’ll get your proof.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#183217 Nov 9, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You should print off your proof of god with that printer, then wipe your ass with the output.
I advise washing your hands afterwards.
I shall print off your failure to prove that there's no God.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#183218 Nov 9, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there is good reason to be skeptical of evolutionary science. The scientific method and peer review process has been by-passed in many of these so called discoveries. Doctor, you’re a man of facts. Listen to the facts of what I’m saying.
There’s the Haeckel’s Fraud that made it in textbooks for decades. It was in my biology book. Where in the hell was the scientific method and peer review?
Then of course there was the Piltdown Bird from China. Nat Geo plastered that photo and shipped their magazines all over the globe. Claiming the link between dinosaurs and birds. All fake but it made it to mainstream classrooms anyway.
Then lets look at the good ole anthology professor at Frankfurt University. Professor Reiner Protsch von Zieten deliberately falsified dates on fossils which mislead the science community.
How much has been fabricated and manipulated by evolutionist that we don’t know? This science you put so much faith in is the only science that has these kinds of frauds. Why? Because the scientific method and peer review are routinely circumvented.
Of course NOW, since you have made a positive claim, "The scientific method and peer review are *routinely* circumvented" it is your responsibility to provide us ALL with evidence. Any reasonable documentation will do but since you have used the word "routinely" you must show what percentage are circumvented, by whom, and to whom. Include the date of the circumvention, and the specific subject that was circumvented. Remembering of course that your usual pulling shit out of your ass will not work. I'll wait.

BTW dinosaurs evolving into birds is an OBSERVABLE FACT.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#183219 Nov 9, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
From the Bible Doctor, the Bible!
Job 38:35
King James Version (KJV)
35. Canst thou send lightnings, that they may go and say unto thee, Here we are?
And why, may I ask, should I give two shits as to what the bible says? Why would you EVER think it an intelligent idea to quote a bible verse to an Atheist? Really Eagle, come on boy, THINK!!!!!!!

Besides being incredible flawed in dealing with any science, and I'm being polite using the word flawed, it actually quite comical, and being unbelievably immoral, as in promoting slavery, rape, blood sacrifice, genocide, and infanticide, why would any one put stock in such a horrid book?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#183220 Nov 9, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I must remind you Doctor that you don't believe in God. So if he doesn't exist then how could he be a demon? And you don't believe in demons either.
Weak ploy, tried many times by you Christians, so listen carefully. the GOD YOU WORSHIP AND BELIEVE IN is a demon God. You believe he is real, and if real absolutely falls into the category of being a demon. I don't believe in demons either, but YOU DO, and the qualities YOU assign to a demon, fit the god YOU BELIVE IN. Got it????
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#183221 Nov 9, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
Marc Hauser (2010)
Marc Hauser is a former evolutionary biologist who resigned his academic post at Harvard University in 2011 after the university began an investigation into his laboratory the previous year. Hauser's experimental work dealt largely with primatology and studying animal behavior, placing this in the interdisciplinary contexts of evolutionary psychology, cognitive science, animal cognition, and physical and cultural anthropology. Harvard charged him with eight counts of scientific misconduct, three involving published papers, one of which was ultimately retracted. Discrepancies between the published description of his research design and his field notes and video recordings have been found. How much data was fabricated for these three papers is still under debate, but this casts a shadow of doubt over his large body of published research.[4]
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Modern_frauds_in ...
Ever hear of the term "Don't throw out the baby with the bath water." Because you have discovered some dishonest and greedy scientists does not negate the OBSERVABLE FACTS dealing with evolution, no more than someone suing a doctor for malpractice negates medical science. There are dishonest people in every profession, dishonest doctors, musicians, lawyers, chemical plant workers, scientists, that doesn't mean the profession itself is negated.

That there are dishonest scientists does NOT negate the OBSERVABLE FACTS OF EVOLUTION.

THE OBSERVABLE FACTS OF EVOLUTION:

1.) Found in any science museum in the WORLD

2.) Found in countless high school and college texts WORLD-WIDE.

3.) Found in any library WORLD-WIDE.

4.) 235,000 articles published in reputable scientific journals in full support of evolution.

5.) ZERO articles published refuting evolution.

I guess you missed my post dealing with the importance of evolution in medical research and advancements in medicine as a direct result of evolution. I have a great idea, ACTUALLY read and try and comprehend what people post, you WILL become much smarter I guarantee it!!!!!!
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#183222 Nov 9, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Ever hear of the term "Don't throw out the baby with the bath water." Because you have discovered some dishonest and greedy scientists does not negate the OBSERVABLE FACTS dealing with evolution, no more than someone suing a doctor for malpractice negates medical science. There are dishonest people in every profession, dishonest doctors, musicians, lawyers, chemical plant workers, scientists, that doesn't mean the profession itself is negated.
That there are dishonest scientists does NOT negate the OBSERVABLE FACTS OF EVOLUTION.
THE OBSERVABLE FACTS OF EVOLUTION:
1.) Found in any science museum in the WORLD
2.) Found in countless high school and college texts WORLD-WIDE.
3.) Found in any library WORLD-WIDE.
4.) 235,000 articles published in reputable scientific journals in full support of evolution.
5.) ZERO articles published refuting evolution.
I guess you missed my post dealing with the importance of evolution in medical research and advancements in medicine as a direct result of evolution. I have a great idea, ACTUALLY read and try and comprehend what people post, you WILL become much smarter I guarantee it!!!!!!
you seem rational, and I hope you do not mind a comment unrelated to the topic under discussion. this is semi-political. you need to check out the report on the Rachel Maddow show Friday night. It is about GWBush and other politicians who are in cahoots with what I call the Armageddon Welcoming and Facilitating Committee. He is doing fund-raising for one of their groups, and apparently the info about it was taken off the website after it was publicized. This is connected with Hagee and other rightwing evangelical/fundie types. A film clip showed hagee saying that Hitler was essentially used by God to get Jews out of Europe and back into Israel, in order to fulfill prophecy, in order to bring on the end of the world as we know it, and bring about a second coming - and maybe the rapture, though that may be optional depending on which group is promoting this stuff. These are the types trying to take over the gOP. So if anyone thinkws Jeb Bush might be the only rational appearing possible gOP candidate, we had better find out if he is as nuts as his brother.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#183223 Nov 9, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if you could tell me how does a bird fly from one part of the world to the other with pin point accuracy?
Sure no problem. Unlike you I can do this because I think knowledge about the world we live in is very important. And I don't push real knowledge out of the way and displace it with Goddidit.

Migrating birds use a number of way to navigate, they have excellent vision so using landmarks such as rivers, mountains, and even large cities. In their first year they memorize the constellations in relation to the north star for night time navigation, during the day they will use the position of the sun. Birds have a tiny grain of magnetite just above their nostrils which helps them navigate using the earths magnetic field.

Glad I could help you here, education is a wonderful thing, try it sometime!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#183224 Nov 9, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, here’s what you do. The next time there’s a lighting storm in your area. Put a ˝ teaspoon of salt in each one of your shoes. Put your shoes back on. Go out into the rain at the highest point in your neighborhood. Hold up your middle finger as high as your can. Then tell God what you think of him.
You’ll get your proof.
Thanks once again for providing evidence that THE GOD YOU WORSHIP is a demon God. He is so petty that he would actually kill me for not acknowledging him? Answer honestly, is there ANYTHING that your children could where you would kill them, including not loving you? How about your grandchildren? But your God that supposedly loves ALL of his creations and thinks of them as HIS children, would have NO problem killing me for not acknowledging him. Sure am glad I didn't have a parent like that!!!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#183225 Nov 9, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> you seem rational, and I hope you do not mind a comment unrelated to the topic under discussion. this is semi-political. you need to check out the report on the Rachel Maddow show Friday night. It is about GWBush and other politicians who are in cahoots with what I call the Armageddon Welcoming and Facilitating Committee. He is doing fund-raising for one of their groups, and apparently the info about it was taken off the website after it was publicized. This is connected with Hagee and other rightwing evangelical/fundie types. A film clip showed hagee saying that Hitler was essentially used by God to get Jews out of Europe and back into Israel, in order to fulfill prophecy, in order to bring on the end of the world as we know it, and bring about a second coming - and maybe the rapture, though that may be optional depending on which group is promoting this stuff. These are the types trying to take over the gOP. So if anyone thinkws Jeb Bush might be the only rational appearing possible gOP candidate, we had better find out if he is as nuts as his brother.
No I didn't know this, so thanks so much for the information. People preying on the gullibility of Theists for personal or political gain is just another example of how religion poisons everything.

Of course if those of religion were not so gullible and credulous this kind of insanity would never happen.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#183226 Nov 9, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>No I didn't know this, so thanks so much for the information. People preying on the gullibility of Theists for personal or political gain is just another example of how religion poisons everything.
Of course if those of religion were not so gullible and credulous this kind of insanity would never happen.
I am not willing to generalize quite that much about religion. I think some versions of religion are evil, and others not so much so. I do not think there are enough free thinking type people to outvote religious people, so I am friendly toward any religious person whose view of religion promotes love and stewardship toward living things and the planet. I think they need to be more outspoken in opposition to the evil ones who hijack religion and use it mostly for evil purposes. Not that I think that religion does not carry the seeds of some of the evil doctrines within it (most religions that I know of anyway), but many religions do also carry seeds of some good behavior and beliefs about being kind and not hateful. I think we need people who water the seeds of kindness, even if they have some silly beliefs, rather than those of cruelty and evil
(maybe even if some of their theological views are less silly). It is ethics which matters most. I respect an ethic of informed kindness - knowing what to do to be kind to living beings (except those which are out to kill or injure us or the innocents of the world, or the less guilty than the killers, at least)/

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183228 Nov 9, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
*blah*-*blah*-*blah*-*blah* Blob.
And you wonder why nobody takes you seriously, Butt Cheeks?

LMAO!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183229 Nov 9, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
*blah*-*blah*-*blah*-*blah*-*b lah* Blob
Did you try to say something Butt Cheeks?

No?

I could not hear what you said, for all your whining.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183230 Nov 9, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess when it comes to the Roman Colosseum games. You’re were always a fan of the Lions.
Indeed.

As the amazing wit and humorous Benny Hill once quipped?

"I went to the Roman Colosseum games-- and it was sad. There was this starving lion? And he didn't have a christian to eat. It was horrible."

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183231 Nov 9, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep a specialty printer connected to my computer.
The paper on this printer is on a roll.
After printing I just tear it off and then take it to the bathroom.
And Bob a good healthy sh*t never felt so good knowing I can wipe my *ss with your comments.
[smiling][tipping hat]
I keep a bible in my bathroom-- for use as emergency toilet paper.

One of the few **useful** things you can do with it.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183232 Nov 9, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep a specialty printer connected to my computer.
The paper on this printer is on a roll.
After printing I just tear it off and then take it to the bathroom.
And Bob a good healthy sh*t never felt so good knowing I can wipe my *ss with your comments.
[smiling][tipping hat]
Your inner Jesus is showing.

Because Jesus was so good at belittling people, right?

Right.

No **wonder** the Romans got rid of him.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183233 Nov 9, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if you could tell me how does a bird fly from one part of the world to the other with pin point accuracy?
Magnetic fields. Science has demonstrated that many birds have a magnetic sense.

They also rely on visual cues as they fly.

They also rely on memory-- from having flown the path previously.

This last? Is a generational thing-- new bird will **always** follow older birds who have done it before.

Birds raised in isolation? Do not migrate to the same places as their non-isolated fellows. Some do not migrate at all, in fact.

There is nothing remotely godly about any of it.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#183234 Nov 9, 2013
DavidQuinn wrote:
Atheism requires no faith at all but I wish i had Jean-Paul sartre's attitude to religion, a man so thoroughly atheist he deemed the whole subject beneath his intelligence to consider. Simply religion is divisive and restricts us as a species, simple as that. Check out a book that's causing a bit of a buzz in the Uk called 2082 the chronicles of hope. On the website the 1st chapter for the 1st book is on there for free, there's a speech in there by an atheist politician that's genius
I just checked the reviews of it and saw that one person labelled it conservative political propaganda. I certainly do not think that atheism should lead to rightwing views on politics, economics, etc. With no god, then it is up to us to be kind and help the hurt and helpless, the innocent and poor, the oppressed and exploited. I call that liberal in the US sense of progressive - though not in the European or British sense of each to himself and the devil take the hindmost.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183235 Nov 9, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I shall print off your failure to prove that there's no God.
Proof of no god?

Easy: YOU.

No god who gave a **crap** about his reputation would suffer **YOU** to represent him.

For you are a horrible person-- you continue to belittle people in the name of your ugly god.

Since your god **allows** that? Either your god is a bully-- or else your god just isn't there.

Which is it?
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#183236 Nov 9, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed.
As the amazing wit and humorous Benny Hill once quipped?
"I went to the Roman Colosseum games-- and it was sad. There was this starving lion? And he didn't have a christian to eat. It was horrible."
actually, I sort of equate the vicious mob type behavior of masses of rightwing socalled Christians with the presumed vicious behavior of Roman crowds, or bullfight or dogfight crowds. No good god would have made such people, or let people abuse animals. Are you sure you want to get into the mud with some of the disgusting types on here? I respect your intelligence when you use it, but it would be throwing pearls before swine to waste it on those types - yet getting down into the mud with them is also not very pleasant. apologies to pigs, they get abused in the Bible and in real life, and in metaphors, and I am sorry about abusing them even repeating a little saying.
throwing pearls before rightwing fundie nuts, would be a more literal way of saying it. oops - apologies to nuts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 47 min Andre 683
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 1 hr Patrick 5
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 3 hr Patrick 140
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 4 hr Patrick 150
Is Religion Childish? 6 hr Patrick 3
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 8 hr _Bad Company 22,919
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 8 hr Richardfs 5,584

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE