Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#183161 Nov 8, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I acknowledge no such god.
And you didn't address the question.
I rarely vote.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183163 Nov 8, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I had had my fill of the church mentality by the time I was 14, I donít think I could cope with the forced hypocrisy.
I just do not enjoy sitting for an hour, singing songs I do not like, saying sayings I do not believe, and listing to a verbal essay that was likely written with less than an hour's thought behind it.

... pass.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183164 Nov 8, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
So, basically, even though the bible doesn't say that about the flood, that's what you believe?
I'm shocked - shocked!- that someone would alter the meaning of the bible just to match their own beliefs.
Shocked, I say!
Indeed.

I wonder if they want some dressing with their salad (bar christianity).

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183165 Nov 8, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob, go do your dishes. They're stacked up to the ceiling.
Nope.

You did not answer my question: you admitted the bible **lied** about the Noah flood.

What **else** did the bible lie about-- and HOW CAN YOU TELL?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183166 Nov 8, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, I tried but whales comming from hoofed animals is over the top for even me.[hugs]
For you? A dog giving birth to another dog is over the top....

... you are seriously **that** ignorant about biology.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183167 Nov 8, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
He has been sweet to my little ones.
Really? They have to suffer the likes of **you**... I'd call that punishment, myself...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183168 Nov 8, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting aside microbiological evolution. Because I believe itís pretty obvious as it is very observable.
The belief of evolution of many animals and humans is like unto a wicker basket gondola. It takes a hell of a lot of hot air to keep it going. Which I might say rather pointedly you are supplying.[smiling]
Keep up the good work.
Proof of evolution: http://www.talkorigins.org/

“Gettin Up At The Crack of Noon”

Since: Aug 09

Seattle, WA

#183169 Nov 8, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof of evolution: http://www.talkorigins.org/
Dude; you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. I dont' even try anymore; I just try to find the humor in their absurdness.
LCNLin

United States

#183170 Nov 8, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You do know that evolutionary biologist's, people who have spent their entire lives dedicated to the study of evolution, NEVER use the terms micro and macro when talking about evolution, it's a meaningless distinction for them. There is NO difference between microevolution and macroevolution. Creationist's and creation web sites try and use these terms in order to discredit the facts of evolution. There is NO difference between the two.
Really try and understand exactly what the term evolution means: Hereditary changes in a population over time, thats it. These changes occur for many different reasons. Better adaptation to the environment, natural selection. Reptiles have not changed much in millions of years, same with some insects because, they are so well adapted to their environment there is no reason for them to change. Alligators for example are perfectly adapted to their environment, no appreciable change would benefit them. Whales on the other hand have changed dramatically over millions of years, from a land mammal to a mammal in an aquatic environment. It has adapted to this environment despite the difficulties of a land mammal in an aquatic environment. No gills, it bears it's young live, and must, in the case of the Sperm whale, hold its breath and dive almost a mile down to feed.
I asked about insecticides because insect "evolve" to become resistant to insecticides, and newer and more powerful insecticides have to be used. The process of evolution is going on right now, in bacteria that "evolve" to become resistant to antibiotics, and in insects that do the same.
Amusing as evolution does NOT prove atheism
LOL
But keep posting!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#183171 Nov 8, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My good Doctor, part of learning is asking questions, right? Iíve noticed when a question is asked involving evolution. You guys want to beat the hell out of them.
All I did was ask a question. Those who embrace evolution must feel insecure about it or they wouldnít be calling the East German Evolutionary Police.
If insects look exactly the same as they did 200 million years ago. Where in the hell is the evolutionary tract? Itís a legit question.
You should have at least a couple of credit cards in case you need to make an emergency trip somewhere. Being dept free is how I also live. My truck was purchased new and it was paid for in cash. The recent luxury car we picked up is being paid for by our company.
Iím just trying to figure out why you want to whip everybodyís *ss. Youíre not going to be successful in converting anyone to atheism by force and anger. Iím sorry to inform you but anger kills and the clock is running on you Doctor. You need to live out your life in happiness.
Actually you spend more time rejecting factual information than you do asking questions about evolution. You ask, a factual answer is given, and your next step is to flatly reject the answer, always because it is in direct conflict to your beliefs. Scientists don't just pull shit out of there ass as you and other tend to do, they test, and measure and weigh and examine from all angles, and then submit there findings for peer review so other scientist can try and knock it down, try to falsify the information. It's a rigorous process, so when evolutionary biologists make a claim about the evolution of whales, its based on extremely solid information.

My job is NOT to convert anyone, believe as you may, just don't bring that belief into the public theater. Keep it out of schools, politics, and the government. Keep it behind closed doors were it belongs.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#183172 Nov 8, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you my good mannered friend. I acknowledge microbiological evolution as it is very observable.
But whales evolving from hoofed animals? Thatís a hell of a stretch of someoneís imagination. Maybe it happened but then again maybe Cinderellaís mice turned into horseman.
You guys are going to have to drag me out of the classroom and beat my *ss. After you finished Iím still not going to believe that horse sh*t. Itís just too far fetched for my imagination.
Step in my time machine eagle, we're going back to the very early 18th century. Here we find the most advanced technology has discovered the battery and the rudimentary light bulb. Neither the camera or the telephone have been invented. Now try and convince anyone that it is entirely possible to have a conversation with anyone, in any part of the world, instantaneously, with a very small hand held device. You can also point the device at anything, press a small button and it will capture the image and this to you can send instantaneously to anyone anywhere in the world. And if they have the same device they can do the same. Now tell them it is possible for 300 hundred people to climb into a metal tube, sit in complete comfort and they hurl through the air at 500 mph to any destination on the planet. That knee's and shoulders and lungs and kidneys and hearts can be replaced surgically and many deadly diseases will be eradicated through a simple vaccination.

They would respond as you have over something you cannot begin to imagine. "People fly through the sky? Thats a hell of a stretch of someone's imagination"

"A hand held device that can communicate with anyone anywhere on the planet? Ha Ha, Its just to far fetched for my imagination"

Now tell this same thing to a scientist from that period of time, explain to them exactly how this was accomplished. Even though he may find the ideas totally incredible, his scientific knowledge will at least lead him to believe it is possible.

You reject that which you can't begin to understand, in the end you are no different from early man who could not begin to understand thunder and lightning. Your closed mind is you enemy.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#183173 Nov 8, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
So I go and do some research on whale evolution.
Holy sh*t thatís some far fetched stuff. Hoofed animals turning into whales?
Call me ignorant or whatever but this evolution crap is right up there with Cinderellaís mice turning into horsemen.
I refuse to believe that crap. You can if you want to but this stuff of wolfs running over a creek and turning into whales is just beyond my imagination. I canít believe people actually believe that sh*t.
If you believe in that horse sh*t you will believe anything. I'm sorry, I don't believe it one bit.
The really nice thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#183174 Nov 8, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the bible lied about the flood?
How do you tell when it's lying, and how do you tell when it isn't?
Or is it just simpler to admit that the bible pretty much lies all the time?
That is what most atheists finally figured out, you know.
And lie it does........."At the time Genesis was written, it was believed that the Earth was flat .If they couldn't get the shape of the planet right, what are the odds of them nailing the cause for the creation of everything then?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#183175 Nov 8, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My good music Doctor, there may be some evidence of certain animals evolving to some degree. I have repeatedly said I believe in microbiological evolution. But Iím sorry, I tried and canít believe whales came from wolves or hoofed animals. Setting aside microbiological evolution it doesnít matter in life.
It makes absolutely no difference at all. Letís say we both were in a car accident in Boston. We both ended up at the Emergency Room at the same time. The ER Doctor is not going to ask.ďDo you believe whales came from hoofed animals?Ē Because you say yes, youíre not going to get better care.
Now if I was getting a graduate degree in science. I would tell the professor what ever he wants to here so I could graduate. Thatís what a lot of scientist do. They play along because if they said what they really believed when it comes to evolution. They would be collecting trash for the City Solid Waste Department.
Evolution is the only science that has an enforcement arm. Why does it need this extensive enforcement arm? To keep the troops in line when it comes to pseudo science. My good Doctor, I canít believe all that horse sh*t.
Now as far as how God made Adam? I donít know how he did it. I just know that the very first recorded CPR was done by God himself on Adam. Thousands of years or even millions of years before modern medicine adopted the practice for saving lives. Now thatís something in the Bible that is relevant to all humans.
Once again...There is NO difference between micro-evolution and macro-evolution, evolutionary biologists NEVER use these terms as they are MEANINGLESS.

So you answered one of my earlier questions in a round about way. You do ascribe to a world-wide conspiracy theory involving scientists and their support for evolution. I won't even begin to imagine that you have any evidence for this conspiracy nor any documentation that bare's out this conspiracy theory of yours. Earlier I mention you and other like you simply pulling shit out of your asses, thanks for showing us how it's done once again.

Once again you prove to all that even though you build your life and those in your immediate family around your holy book, you have NEVER read this book, AMAZING!!!! Now should you care to pick it up and crack the never before used pages, you will find a very descriptive account as to how Adam was created. Once again I'm in awe at how much more we Atheists know about your holy book than most of you Theists.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#183176 Nov 8, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
He has been sweet to my little ones.
Not so sweet to those born with Down's syndrome, or birth defects, or childhood cancers. It is often said that if prayers were actually answered no child would EVER die from cancer. Yeah I know, your God works in mysterious ways, who can know the mind of God. In the end he was unlimited power and has the ability (or so you people say) to cure these innocent little children, he choses to sit and watch then die horrible in pain and confusion, as anguished parents sit by helpless. Your God is truly a demon. No other explanation!!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#183177 Nov 8, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting aside microbiological evolution. Because I believe itís pretty obvious as it is very observable.
The belief of evolution of many animals and humans is like unto a wicker basket gondola. It takes a hell of a lot of hot air to keep it going. Which I might say rather pointedly you are supplying.[smiling]
Keep up the good work.
Yet another post from ignorance. Yes put aside microevolution it is a pointless term.

No it doesn't take a hell of a lot of hot air to keep it going, it goes all by itself, and if it take anything at all, it take intelligence and education, both of which you seem to be lacking in spades.

That you consider me posting factual information as hot air, goes a long way in demonstrating your abysmal plunge into the depth of willful ignorance. I do pity you, really I do!!!!

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#183178 Nov 8, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
John Dean is a liar, a rat, and a low-life bastard.
He was behind the Watergate break-in, then ratted out his friends and blamed them, then he has spent all the years since lying about it.
Yeah, like you were there and know ALL about it;0)
LCNLin

United States

#183179 Nov 8, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Once again...There is NO difference between micro-evolution and macro-evolution, evolutionary biologists NEVER use these terms as they are MEANINGLESS.
So you answered one of my earlier questions in a round about way. You do ascribe to a world-wide conspiracy theory involving scientists and their support for evolution. I won't even begin to imagine that you have any evidence for this conspiracy nor any documentation that bare's out this conspiracy theory of yours. Earlier I mention you and other like you simply pulling shit out of your asses, thanks for showing us how it's done once again.
Once again you prove to all that even though you build your life and those in your immediate family around your holy book, you have NEVER read this book, AMAZING!!!! Now should you care to pick it up and crack the never before used pages, you will find a very descriptive account as to how Adam was created. Once again I'm in awe at how much more we Atheists know about your holy book than most of you Theists.
Once again........:-

Still no evidence for atheism... but much smug amusement.
LOL

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#183180 Nov 8, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it amazing to watch the extremes these creationist will go to in trying to validate their total insanity. Potential intelligent people dragged into the depth of superstition and unreasonable claims. It's as though "anything goes" in an attempt to validate my insane beliefs.
Anything DOES go when it comes to propping up their shaky theistic beliefs. Not that these people are completely gullible, some can be quite intelligent.....except for that one specific area.

Personally, I think it's that promise of eternal life that causes them (fundies) to believe the bizarre and deny the logical. Logic gets in the way of their wishful thinking fairytale rewards.
LCNLin

United States

#183181 Nov 8, 2013
"I think it's that promise of"... book sales and TV show appearances motives atheists
LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God' existence 8 hr Geezerjock 1
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 10 hr tha Professor 1,051
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 18 hr Morse 30
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Thu Ooogah Boogah 14,456
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow Thu thetruth 6
Why Christians should stick up for atheists Thu thetruth 8
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... Thu QUITTNER Nov 27 2014 31

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE