Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258476 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#183037 Nov 7, 2013
Oops, consensus not confuses, I appologise

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#183038 Nov 7, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. You changed the interpretation, not my problem if you can’t follow posts, how long have you had a problem reading or is it understanding where you fall down?
And still you have not provided any evidence to say whether your mother is catholic or not?
Or that you logic of if A then B is valid.
You are ducking and filling.

A sign of weakness.

Very accurate sign, in your case.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#183039 Nov 7, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. You changed the interpretation, not my problem if you can’t follow posts, how long have you had a problem reading or is it understanding where you fall down?
And still you have not provided any evidence to say whether your mother is catholic or not?
Or that you logic of if A then B is valid.
C assigns value to A

C assigns value to B

C assigns formula to process A and B

C determines "reality" upon C's assignation and formulation of A and B

G appears out of nowhere rendering C's calculations totally irrelevant to "reality"

Or something like that.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#183040 Nov 7, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
John Dean is a liar, a rat, and a low-life bastard.
He was behind the Watergate break-in, then ratted out his friends and blamed them, then he has spent all the years since lying about it.
Don't be so judgmental, man.

Nobody is perfect.

Location hidden

#183041 Nov 7, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I trust confuses of the reporting of his words
And his deeds are self explanatory. You seem to be forgetting that you are talking to someone who has experience of christian violence
No he did not have plans in place to rid Germany of christianity. He had plans to rid government of christian influence.
Or perhaps you can cite your source?
For a big, hard, violent man you are so gullible
I'm not gullible enough to mistake your bluster for an argument.

My source, which I have cited on this site numerous times, is ironclad.

Your source is a mind of less than mediocre intellect, and your bigotry.

And no, you have never been a victim of "Christian violence".

#183042 Nov 7, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ducking and filling.
A sign of weakness.
Very accurate sign, in your case.
Why? you asked for what you are unable to provide yourself, such hypocracy is a typical fundy ploy if I may say.
Or that your logic of if A then B is valid.

#183043 Nov 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
C assigns value to A
C assigns value to B
C assigns formula to process A and B
C determines "reality" upon C's assignation and formulation of A and B
G appears out of nowhere rendering C's calculations totally irrelevant to "reality"
Or something like that.
So A (for example apples) are equal to B (for example bananas).

All gets screwed up because C (for example cherries) suddenly spots G (for example grapes)

Hmmm oooookkkkkk, shopuld I call your psychiatrist?

Note there was no C or G involved in Bucks if A then B, C and G are figments of your imagination

#183044 Nov 7, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not gullible enough to mistake your bluster for an argument.
My source, which I have cited on this site numerous times, is ironclad.
Your source is a mind of less than mediocre intellect, and your bigotry.
And no, you have never been a victim of "Christian violence".
That’s your problem, if you suffer from the dunning kruger effect than it’s up to you to seek help.

What source? Are you too sh|t scared to cite it now? Or are you just taking BS again?

And what the fook do you know about my life – absolutely nothing, because why? Because you are completely ignorant of my life.

Location hidden

#183045 Nov 7, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
That’s your problem, if you suffer from the dunning kruger effect than it’s up to you to seek help.
What source? Are you too sh|t scared to cite it now? Or are you just taking BS again?
And what the fook do you know about my life – absolutely nothing, because why? Because you are completely ignorant of my life.
Yes, that's it.

I'm too scared to cite my source I already cited for you multiple times.

You got me.

Location hidden

#183046 Nov 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be so judgmental, man.
Nobody is perfect.
You are right, Cletcher.

My apologies to the lying rat bastard, or any other lying rat bastard out there.

I feel better.

Alamosa, CO

#183047 Nov 7, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So A (for example apples) are equal to B (for example bananas).
All gets screwed up because C (for example cherries) suddenly spots G (for example grapes)
Hmmm oooookkkkkk, shopuld I call your psychiatrist?
Note there was no C or G involved in Bucks if A then B, C and G are figments of your imagination
I am not the least bit surprised you missed what I posted.

Are you a natural blonde?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#183048 Nov 7, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
BZZZZT! Wrong, but thanks for playing. As the creationist museum explains, the larger animals, eg., elephants, rhinos and of course the dinosaurs were brought on while they were still small so that there would be enough room.
Can't you liars at least get your stories straight? Now you're trying to wriggle out of seasickness with torpor....clearly both are wrong.
Isn't it amazing to watch the extremes these creationist will go to in trying to validate their total insanity. Potential intelligent people dragged into the depth of superstition and unreasonable claims. It's as though "anything goes" in an attempt to validate my insane beliefs.

Alamosa, CO

#183049 Nov 7, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it amazing to watch the extremes these creationist will go to in trying to validate their total insanity. Potential intelligent people dragged into the depth of superstition and unreasonable claims. It's as though "anything goes" in an attempt to validate my insane beliefs.
"It's as though "anything goes" in an attempt to validate my insane beliefs."

WOW!!!

You are starting to understand what we have been saying about you!

The first step toward recovery for you, loony.

Attaboy!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#183050 Nov 7, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It is funny to watch though.
Enjoyment, yep, thats one of the reason I come to this site, I do so enjoy seeing how desperate these Theist are in trying to overcome simple reason and logic. Creationists that flatly reject scientific facts, and do so without any knowledge of science, it particularly entertaining.

Wallowing in superstition, irrational, uneducated, willfully ignorant, intolerant, and totally unable to let go of their childish fears of the dark and death. These people have not progressed much beyond our ancient ancestor's who huddled in the back of the cave banging two bones together and asking for the Thunder God to bring more game, yes, entertaining indeed.

Alamosa, CO

#183051 Nov 7, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Enjoyment, yep, thats one of the reason I come to this site, I do so enjoy seeing how desperate these Theist are in trying to overcome simple reason and logic. Creationists that flatly reject scientific facts, and do so without any knowledge of science, it particularly entertaining.
Wallowing in superstition, irrational, uneducated, willfully ignorant, intolerant, and totally unable to let go of their childish fears of the dark and death. These people have not progressed much beyond our ancient ancestor's who huddled in the back of the cave banging two bones together and asking for the Thunder God to bring more game, yes, entertaining indeed.
Their prayers were evidently answered.

Otherwise you wouldn't be here.

They wouldn't have needed to do that if there was plenty of game.

Alamosa, CO

#183052 Nov 7, 2013
http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/11/06/your-knee...

That was in the news today.

"In an age filled with advanced medical techniques like MRIs, artificial hearts, and laser eye surgery, one could be forgiven for believing doctors are also at least vaguely familiar with every one of your body parts. However, a new discovery by Belgian physicians has proved this assumption wrong."
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#183053 Nov 7, 2013
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>But you like OIL/USD Hegemony and here you lair! Bahahhaaaa
Go buy you a new hat and take that chicken feather out of it.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#183054 Nov 7, 2013
No it doesn't!
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#183055 Nov 7, 2013
Some interesting news on fossils. Froghopper insects were found preserved in a Jurassic rock in China. These insects were mating at the time they became preserved. They were frozen in time for 165 million years.

Not much has changed since then. The insects still look the same and their mating ritual hasn’t changed either. Now 165 million years is a hell of a long time. Where’s the evolution? I’m not saying these creatures didn’t evolve but where’s the evolutionary track?

One would think a insect would have changed radically over 165 million years. But it has remained virtually unchanged.

Some interesting news on fossils. Froghopper insects were found preserved in a Jurassic rock in China. These insects were mating at the time they became preserved. They were frozen in time for 165 million years.

Not much has changed since then. The insects still look the same and their mating ritual hasn’t changed either. Now 165 million years is a hell of a long time. Where’s the evolution? I’m not saying these creatures didn’t evolve but where’s the evolutionary track?

One would think a insect would have changed radically over 165 million years. But it has remained virtually unchanged.

http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2013/...
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#183056 Nov 7, 2013
Sorry for the double post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 5 min John 144
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Subduction Zone 74,920
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 2 hr Subduction Zone 6,092
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Subduction Zone 32,045
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 10 hr Dogen 4,059
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sat John 4,952
News Why do public atheists have to behave like such... Jun 21 Eagle 12 - 4
More from around the web