Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,764)

Showing posts 175,261 - 175,280 of216,866
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right here, you're an ole ship Captain, lol sort of. I use to tease you about getting a new hat. You would tell me your ole hat was just fine. Your signature laugh tipped me off.
Signature laugh can be copy. sorry, still can not place you?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>I think you got wrong person?
You'll have to forgive him. He has this little problem with imaginary friends...

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
<The Dave Nelson> snicker
Keep trying, Dave.

It won't be this day.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an awesome display of atheist maturity, brainpower, and wit, Bob. A credit to the atheist species. They must be an evolved species to produce such an improved version of man's mental powers. All atheists should come up to your level.
You have spoiled us. We will have to ask those other wannabes why they don't come up to your level. Cheap copies reflect on you. How can they presume to call themselves atheists with you around?
Craetionists liars with no proof of god finish last
christINSANITY is EVIL

Petrolia, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You lie-- again... why?
You've been tutored on this subject endlessly-- by people more educated than you, by people smarter than you (that would be pretty much everyone).
Yet-- you keep repeating this obvious lie?
Why?
Atheism is **no** faith at all-- none--
-- and without faith-- there cannot be belief in gods.
If atheism is faith? Then bald is a hair color.
Butt crack shows up just as Robert Stevens disapears using exactly same wording in his arguments..
hmmm
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

The rise of militant skepticism clouded the picture, however, beginning with its popular attack on religion.

The aim of Richard Dawkins, as stated in his best seller, The God Delusion, was to subject "the God hypothesis" to scientific scrutiny, the way one would subject anti-matter or black holes to scrutiny.

In fact he did no such thing with God, for the scientific method requires experiments that can be replicated and facts that can be verified. Dawkins offered no experiments to prove or disprove the existence of God. What he actually did was to subject religion to a barrage of scorn and ridicule, attacking it on the rational improbability - as he sees it - that a deity could possibly exist.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
IANS, your secular humanism and faith it will win out IS an organized religion. Just another sect formed from the Christian ethos with a different perspective. Just another evolutionary branch of that Church.
It is not the first of its sort, which is why it is allowed. They all blend in to form something new. But you won't get rid of God and Jesus. They are the very pillars of even your morality.
Not for the morality of non-believers.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
Got it.
In a nutshell.
This atheism and secular humanism enslaves man to his circumstances. His position in life. Nothing higher to aspire to. No escape. No self worth.
Lots of nice words about equality and fraternity, but reality is you are stuck. Ego killing. You are just a commodity for other men to trade in.
You do not have to have a belief in a deity to have self worth, nor do you have to have it to want great things in life.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not have to have a belief in a deity to have self worth, nor do you have to have it to want great things in life.
You would like to believe your atheist Utopian society will be a classless society, mo matter how many people there are.

It won't be. You will be taught your true worth from childhood. There will be no limitations on your masters.

Make your reservations for the elite section now.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I will admit what you say is probably true in your case at this particular time in your life. And you may be on the summit enjoying the vast view. Enjoying all the life has to offer you.

You are liken to a train rolling down the track independent and free. The fresh air is hitting your face and lifting your hair. You feel powerful, independent, free and happy.

But how will you feel when your train is derailed and your life seems to end up a train wreck? What healing will atheism bring you? What will your self worth be when you look around and you are all alone?

My Dear, a lot of people have experience the train wrecks in life. They have questioned their self worth. Then in a world full of people they feel alone. Will the nothingness of atheism be there for you? That is a question that time will answer.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>I have a Ship????
LOL!
Captain, I won’t let it slip you’re an ole pirate ship Captain.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You would like to believe your atheist Utopian society will be a classless society, mo matter how many people there are.
It won't be. You will be taught your true worth from childhood. There will be no limitations on your masters.
Make your reservations for the elite section now.
Think what you will... my statement stands, and it in no way brought the subject of a classless society up.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will admit what you say is probably true in your case at this particular time in your life. And you may be on the summit enjoying the vast view. Enjoying all the life has to offer you.
You are liken to a train rolling down the track independent and free. The fresh air is hitting your face and lifting your hair. You feel powerful, independent, free and happy.
But how will you feel when your train is derailed and your life seems to end up a train wreck? What healing will atheism bring you? What will your self worth be when you look around and you are all alone?
My Dear, a lot of people have experience the train wrecks in life. They have questioned their self worth. Then in a world full of people they feel alone. Will the nothingness of atheism be there for you? That is a question that time will answer.
I think that every human will question their self worth at one point in time in their life. I have done it. However, I am never alone. I have support in my family, and my husband, and my friends. I feel for the people who do not have these kinds of supports in their life, but I am lucky to have them. Bad things happen to good and bad people every day, with or without religion, and those bad happenings can be handled by a person with or without a belief in a deity.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Captain, I won’t let it slip you’re an ole pirate ship Captain.
Is it a late Halloween for you! nice Fantasy of yours!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll have to forgive him. He has this little problem with imaginary friends...
That what it is . thanks for telling me. BAhhahhaaaa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it makes sense if the Ark was a super dooper pontoon boat, on a extended picnic cruise.
Hey Noah what for dinner?
Noah...Well lets try out BBQed Lion tonight! lol
I think most likely the pack of lion ate Noah! mwbaHAHHAHAHAAAA
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Is it a late Halloween for you! nice Fantasy of yours!
Ok, I'll play along.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

If Atheism is so good for people as Atheist claim.

Why does atheism bring with it so much egotism, cynicism, pessimism and negativism?

It seems there’s an over abundance of “isms” associated with atheism.

Who needs all this negative energy?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Will there be a war on Christmas this year?

Is it ever ok to vandalize someone’s Christmas decorations on private property?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
Will there be a war on Christmas this year?
Is it ever ok to vandalize someone’s Christmas decorations on private property?
I have a big collection of the Baby Jesus.

Because of that, they've started chaining him down.

Mission accomplished !!

One year, I replaced him with a Chuckie Doll. That was a hoot.

Keep your religion out of my public parks, please.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 175,261 - 175,280 of216,866
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••