Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258461 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182607 Nov 3, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you aware that the post was made to a Christian that had been arguing that life and intelligence couldn't arise from anything other than other life and intelligence, and hence his repeated reference to the mindless nature of the blind physical processes that led to life and mind?
Did you have a rebuttal to the post, or even a point?
Since all of Buck Creek's posts are also a mindless process?

Then, it stand that he has no point to anything.

;)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182608 Nov 3, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
Opening the door to tyrants and lunatics to run things. The destruction of common sense. The self destruction of civilization.
Which is why we free thinkers are **Opposed** to religion!

Because, by definition, all religion is insanity and led by lunatics and tyrants!

It cannot be otherwise.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182609 Nov 3, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism requires faith. Atheism is a belief, specifically, that no god exists.
You lie-- again... why?

You've been tutored on this subject endlessly-- by people more educated than you, by people smarter than you (that would be pretty much everyone).

Yet-- you keep repeating this obvious lie?

Why?

Atheism is **no** faith at all-- none--

-- and without faith-- there cannot be belief in gods.

If atheism is faith? Then bald is a hair color.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#182610 Nov 3, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Much humor in reading atheist cult trolls defense of the atheist faith in whatever seems the flavor of the day.
They alternate between being humorous and obnoxious.

Miami was my hometown. Has it improved any over the last 20 years?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182611 Nov 3, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Miami was my hometown. Has it improved any over the last 20 years?
Are **you** still living there?

If not-- then yes-- it has improved a great deal.

If you **are** still infesting the place? Then not so much.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182612 Nov 3, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Whereas you are simply obnoxious all the time.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#182613 Nov 3, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Much humor in reading atheist cult trolls defense of the atheist faith in whatever seems the flavor of the day.
"Lie for Jesus! Hate for God!" - Christianity
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#182614 Nov 3, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like using the IRS to harass conservatives? Using the DOJ to tap the phones of reporters and their parents? Using drones to blast civilians in sovereign countries? You mean like Obama's rendition program which turns POWs over to foreign entities for torturing them?
Did John Dean mention how he master-minded Watergate? Then ratted out his friends?
Did I mention you are a total fu**ing moron?
No kidding , the authoritarians the type A , Pyscopaths and sociopaths like you kind through out history since Stone Age. And, those CONserveratives (very few left) and IRS and radicals in Govt, Military industrial Complex, War party , Corporatists, Militant Religious nuts in Power and Others corrupted in power are always at each other throats and with vengeance, for greed and power struggles; you ignorance unbound , making you a Real Ignorant moron in here Topix! BAhahahahahahaaaa

United States

#182615 Nov 3, 2013
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>No kidding , the authoritarians the type A , Pyscopaths and sociopaths like you kind through out history since Stone Age. And, those CONserveratives (very few left) and IRS and radicals in Govt, Military industrial Complex, War party , Corporatists, Militant Religious nuts in Power and Others corrupted in power are always at each other throats and with vengeance, for greed and power struggles; you ignorance unbound , making you a Real Ignorant moron in here Topix! BAhahahahahahaaaa
Throughout *

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#182616 Nov 3, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
That ark would have been 100% "septic" system-- all those animals? 180+ days of shytting?
That ark would have been **full** up-- of animal shyt.
Just as the story itself was full up of shyt.
Maybe Noah built an aqueduct going to it?

Hahahahah!

United States

#182617 Nov 3, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Did the burglars John Dean sent to the Watergate Hotel actually find the address book showing his girlfriend was part of a call-girl ring?
Never heard whether they found it.
Did you know John Dean testified that he never wrote nor read his own book?
If you didn't write a book you claimed to write, wouldn't you at least read it?
Are you aware that you are a moron?
U BSh1tters! No basis for you attack , you drawing for straws ... you supported corrupted mans with reason but without/lack of moral will do what to its nation and world in it! You ignorant warring bullies kowtow to evil, corruption, power , greed...! Of course you hate him with vengeance for he spewed about corruption , those Power Hungry fiends, and how religion and State don't mix.
---
Its leaders demand unwavering obedience by supporters while promoting inequality, intolerance and an intrusive government even as they espouse freedom, wrote Dean. In his 2006 book, Dean cited research by social psychologist Robert Altemeyer to argue a GOP trend toward authoritarian personalities. Reading the book today, it seems Dean anticipated the later arrival of Walker as governor, making his Walker-as-authoritarian argument in four parts. http://host.madison.com/news/local/madison_36...

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#182618 Nov 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
HAH! This is hilarious Buck!
ATHEIST ON UNICORNS.
Hey, it seems Buck and I belong to the same religious group.

I'm an atheist on unicorns too!

United States

#182619 Nov 3, 2013
add! THIS IS WHAT irritating you BUCK naked! Militant/radical Religion as Dean Describe it in a book!

First is a personality that seeks to be a “social dominator.” Dean cited how Walker formed a “Jesus USA” club as a young child, mixing Baptist religion and patriotism, and he seems to have been running for something ever since.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#182620 Nov 3, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Are **you** still living there?
If not-- then yes-- it has improved a great deal.
If you **are** still infesting the place? Then not so much.
You are an awesome display of atheist maturity, brainpower, and wit, Bob. A credit to the atheist species. They must be an evolved species to produce such an improved version of man's mental powers. All atheists should come up to your level.

You have spoiled us. We will have to ask those other wannabes why they don't come up to your level. Cheap copies reflect on you. How can they presume to call themselves atheists with you around?

United States

#182621 Nov 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Noah built an aqueduct going to it?
Hahahahah!
How he feed all those many animals with just few human members abroad , logistically impossible feat, working 24 hour /day , they must be human robots feeder, every day ...to feed 1000s of animals? And, Food go bad pretty fast in high heat inside , mostly likely very hot in a cram packed filled ship...?

Bahhahahaahaa Bible Fantasy at best!

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#182622 Nov 3, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an awesome display of atheist maturity, brainpower, and wit, Bob. A credit to the atheist species. They must be an evolved species to produce such an improved version of man's mental powers. All atheists should come up to your level.
You have spoiled us. We will have to ask those other wannabes why they don't come up to your level. Cheap copies reflect on you. How can they presume to call themselves atheists with you around?
<The Dave Nelson> " Time to get some more wine and change my Depends™..."
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#182623 Nov 3, 2013
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>How he feed all those many animals with just few human members abroad , logistically impossible feat, working 24 hour /day , they must be human robots feeder, every day ...to feed 1000s of animals? And, Food go bad pretty fast in high heat inside , mostly likely very hot in a cram packed filled ship...?
Bahhahahaahaa Bible Fantasy at best!
Something tells me you have been here before. I wondered what had happened to you. So how’s the antique business been going? Do you still have the same hat? Lol……

United States

#182624 Nov 3, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Something tells me you have been here before. I wondered what had happened to you. So how’s the antique business been going? Do you still have the same hat? Lol……
Do i know you from somewhere , u screen name changed?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#182625 Nov 3, 2013
I’ve been here a couple of years now. I just have a good memory. I have kept the same screen now for some time. But I haven’t forgotten you that’s for sure.

How’s your Dad doing?

United States

#182626 Nov 3, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it's all so tawdry.
And, it riling them up and soon they go ballistic and Buck naked did after reading one of my posting .. the others sooner or later will follow. BAbahahahahaaa

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 min ChristineM 24,871
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 min Into The Night 52,117
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 25 min Dogen 475
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 53 min ChristineM 11,440
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Richardfs 22,158
A Proof That God Exists (Mar '13) 2 hr hpcaban 1,936
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... 4 hr Eagle 12 215
More from around the web