Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
174,101 - 174,120 of 225,632 Comments Last updated 26 min ago

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I most closely identify with Epicurious, myself.
And more recently? The writings of Robert Heinlein and Iaasic Asimov.
Author C Clarke too.
For living persons of interest? I have to turn to Dr Neil Degrasse Tyson.
He tends to minimize the distinctions of atheist/agnostic, and instead, concentrates on areas where he's an expert: cosmology and physics.
He once stated that one of his life-goals, is to learn something new every day. He believes a person can go far with that-- and I think the example he sets, proves he's right.
Here's the whole quote:
“For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.”
&#8213; Neil deGrasse Tyson
Yes, you identify because you have nothing you created yourself.

You are afraid to venture into unknown territory. So you read about it and create a fantasy.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the attributes of a traumatized woman trying to function in the world. A Ruby Red Dress, Delta Dawn, or one of those that just flits away with a "Ta Da!" when things get serious.
Deep internal confusion covered by a topical interface with others.
LOL!

Keep digging doofus. Keep digging.

You prove once more, that 100% of what you say, is a lie-- or it was intended to be a lie.

And that anytime you are not lying? That was purely by accident on your part.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are afraid to venture into unknown territory. So you read about it and create a fantasy.
Oh!

I did not realize that you had mastered mental telepathy!

You are privy to my entire range of thoughts, hopes and dreams, now?

And you know everything I ever did in my whole life?

Wow!

You must think you are a **god** or something, to have such power...

...or?

You are just batshit insane.

Which is more likely?
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

<quoted text>
I most closely identify with Epicurious, myself.
And more recently? The writings of Robert Heinlein and Iaasic Asimov.
Author C Clarke too.
For living persons of interest? I have to turn to Dr Neil Degrasse Tyson.
He tends to minimize the distinctions of atheist/agnostic, and instead, concentrates on areas where he's an expert: cosmology and physics.
He once stated that one of his life-goals, is to learn something new every day. He believes a person can go far with that-- and I think the example he sets, proves he's right.
Here's the whole quote:
“For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.”
&#8213; Neil deGrasse Tyson
My favorite Clarke quote.."One of two things is possible, either we are alone in the universe or we are not, either one is frightening."
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

<quoted text>
LOL!
Keep digging doofus. Keep digging.
You prove once more, that 100% of what you say, is a lie-- or it was intended to be a lie.
And that anytime you are not lying? That was purely by accident on your part.
You know how you can tell if Dave is NOT lying?.........His mouth is NOT moving.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

<quoted text>
Me neither-- for one thing?
The classic tale of nativity, relies heavily on the silly notion of the Horoscope-- those three "wise" men? Would have cast a **horoscope** in order to "follow the star".
I find that not only silly, but hypocritical too-- for elsewhere in the bible, horoscopy is condemned.
It's a silly book.
1. The Virgin Birth/Nativity wa a story invented to convert Grecco-Roman pagans, nothing more.

2. The number of Magi is not mention anywhere in the Bible.

Yes, it is silly to believe anything in the Bible is other than stories told by men.

It is even sillier to believe anything "The Church" claims about those stories.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

<quoted text>
Oh!
Wow!
...or?
Which is more likely?
I'll pick door number two.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a phenomenon going on since man started thinking beyond the immediate. Questioning the prevailing thought and truths taught to him by others.
Topix atheists got caught in nets in their search for the truth,and tossed into cages they can't see out of. They have become too reactive and not objective.
Plus they are dumb.
I see little difference between the attitude of stead-fast atheists and devout theists.

Neither are looking for "Truth", they are just trying to rationalized what they already believe... even if it is proven to be wrong.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You just described religion. <smile>

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Oh!
Wow!
...or?
Which is more likely?
The most likely?

That you are shallow enough to recognize at a glance.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The most likely?
That you are shallow enough to recognize at a glance.
Looks like everyone left for Sunday worship of the NFL, the one true faith...
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I quit doing Halloween years ago-- you hypocrite christians would send your teen age kids around and trash the neighborhood.
I used to do it for the little ones-- but due to Christian Poisoning of the holiday?
Little kids are no longer allowed out and about.
You should be proud: Your sort has killed a children's holiday.
Due to your ugly hate-beliefs.
I seen a lot of ghost and goblins last night Bob. And who says there’s no such things as ghost? Lol, we had a great time. I don’t see myself celebrating Halloween as much as celebrating kids having a good time.

It was a World Series night so the crowds were down some but never the less it was a wonderful night.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Weak argument. There was NO war with Egypt when God murdered all of the Egyptian first born males. I war there is always collateral damage involving innocent bystanders. Even if the Jews were at war with Egypt, which they weren't, this was NOT collateral damage to innocent bystanders, this was wanton murder of innocent little babies.
"Noah preached and forewarned the population prior to the flood" .....NOW please pay cole attention, as I have asked this question a number of times, and each time you either ignore the question or try and deflect it by changing the subject. So...Did the people from China hear this forewarning from Noah? How about the Egyptian empire, were they forewarned by Noah? The people from Polynesia, New Zealand, Australia, South America, Canada?
Second question. Had all of those people been able to hear Noah's forewarning, and somehow flocked to the Ark, how could Noah have saved millions of those people?
Again I have answered the question and you choose to ignore it.

There’s no known official census for the time period.

You’re making radical assumptions in your hypothetical question.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you're a man who will never understand what he's watching. Try pushing a small pumpkin up your ass and tell me how exciting it is.
<quoted text>
Of course it is. Do you know somebody who disagrees with that?
<quoted text>
Again, there are no unborn children and again, push a small pumpkin up your ass and tell me who it belongs to.
<quoted text>
Until it can breathe and feed on it's own, it's a symbiotic parasite.
<quoted text>
They should keep their dicks in their underoos.
"Your sperm's in the gutter your love's in the sink"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =MktqwE1Zl-8XX
<quoted text>
Like the sex that caused it?
It's the woman's choice, Eagle. The Supreme Court agrees with me. If you don't like it you can always move, right?
I acknowledge giving birth is a painful experience in most cases. In modern hospitals there’s pain relief methods such as an epidural.

Your comments about a fetus being a symbiotic parasite is demeaning to mothers everywhere. Both past and present.

I’m sure your experience in life has caused you to believe this way. I’m sorry you have had such negative experiences with men.

Was your Father a positive or negative influence in your opinion?

You don’t have to answer if you don’t want too. I don’t wish to cause you any harm.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I have answered the question and you choose to ignore it.
There’s no known official census for the time period.
You’re making radical assumptions in your hypothetical question.
No, you haven't answered any of my questions, I do believe you are to cowardly to face facts.

The population number are scientifically accurate, and of course there was no census taken. Both civilizations kept very good records and it becomes an easy task to calculate the populations at that time. Furthermore we don't even need to talk about population numbers, the point is BOTH the Egyptian and Chinese cultures existed during your biblical flood, so for the last time. DID THE EGTPTIAN HEAR NOAH'S FOREWARNING OF THE GREAT FLOOD? DID THE CHINESE ALSO HEAR THIS FOREWARNING?

Next unbelievably simple question, why are the NO reports of a world-wide flood in both of those cultures?

Avoid answering once again and be branded a cowardly Christian, just another Theists with no balls whatsoever. A sniveling coward who can't rationalize his beliefs in the face of solid evidence. I know you must be old and very set in your ways, but being a coward is still a horrible thing, I'm beginning to take pity on you!!!
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You write like a third-rate computer program.
Not at all like a real person.
Are you a real person, or are you putting us on?
I'm serious.
[crying]

“Et tu, Brutus?”

“Come, gentlemen, I hope we shall drink down all unkindness.”

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments about a fetus being a symbiotic parasite is demeaning to mothers everywhere. Both past and present....
So what, face reality and STFU.

A zygote is much like a tumor.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
So what, face reality and STFU.
A zygote is much like a tumor.
Is that what you thought your daughter was, and that a tumor would become your successor?

Reality is that the creation of life is not parasitical or symbiont but is an evolutionary advantage in the survival of species by procreation.
So far from parasitical a zygote is a extension of yourselves to carry on your genes after you are gone.
Parasites are always an invasive organism of another species.
The human body creates the zygote, which is mutually supportive and can generate tissue and antibodies for the mother also.

Of course it has to have a host in the beginning, but your own flesh and blood is a sacrifice that is a natural consequence
of procreation. So only a convoluted type thinking can consider
a pregnant woman host to a parasite, a pregnant woman is host to her developing baby.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I am curious as to why you are such a coward, you are ALWAYS to cowardly to answer simple questions. Are you that embarrassed at your complete inability to answer a simple question?
I do realize that your a lazy ass, so I did your homework for you.
The time for Noah's supposed flood was 2348 BC. The Egyptian dynasties that ran from the Third Dynasty to the Sixth Dynasty, covered a time line of 2134-2686. As you can see, the great global flood happened right between the third and sixth dynasties. So, a simple question, but I guess my questions aren't that simple, Did the people of Egypt hear Noah's forewarning for the flood?
In China, Emperor Zhi ruled from 2255-2358, again the great flood took place during his last 10 years as Emperor. Same simple question. Did the people of China hear Noah's forewarning of the great world-wide flood?
Why is there NO mention in either Egyptian or Chinese records of this devastating flood that killed everyone in both countries?
Noah's flood did not list the year. You really should abadon

The year of Noah’s flood is not listed in the Bible. Estimates can be made but no assurances of the accuracy.

There are a number of civilizations who have recorded the event of Noah’s flood. This evidence was found in tablet form in several locations. It didn’t just come from the Bible.

Not only that Dr. Robert Ballard has come up with proof of a massive flood based on oceanography science.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>No, you haven't answered any of my questions, I do believe you are to cowardly to face facts.
The population number are scientifically accurate, and of course there was no census taken. Both civilizations kept very good records and it becomes an easy task to calculate the populations at that time. Furthermore we don't even need to talk about population numbers, the point is BOTH the Egyptian and Chinese cultures existed during your biblical flood, so for the last time. DID THE EGTPTIAN HEAR NOAH'S FOREWARNING OF THE GREAT FLOOD? DID THE CHINESE ALSO HEAR THIS FOREWARNING?
Next unbelievably simple question, why are the NO reports of a world-wide flood in both of those cultures?
Avoid answering once again and be branded a cowardly Christian, just another Theists with no balls whatsoever. A sniveling coward who can't rationalize his beliefs in the face of solid evidence. I know you must be old and very set in your ways, but being a coward is still a horrible thing, I'm beginning to take pity on you!!!
"of course there was no census taken."

Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••