Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255192 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181496 Oct 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You know how you can tell if Dave is NOT lying?.........His mouth is NOT moving.
Indeed-- that is quite true.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181497 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The Virgin Birth/Nativity wa a story invented to convert Grecco-Roman pagans, nothing more.
2. The number of Magi is not mention anywhere in the Bible.
Yes, it is silly to believe anything in the Bible is other than stories told by men.
It is even sillier to believe anything "The Church" claims about those stories.
I agree-- it's all made-up.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181498 Oct 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'll pick door number two.
Exactly!

If everyone he meets is "insane"? The problem isn't with the people he **meets**...

... the problem is with **him**.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181499 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I see little difference between the attitude of stead-fast atheists and devout theists.
Neither are looking for "Truth", they are just trying to rationalized what they already believe... even if it is proven to be wrong.
The thing is?

Atheism would be dirt simple to prove, once and for all, that it was wrong.

All you need to do? Is produce at least one (1) god.

So far, in the entire history of the planet?

Nobody has managed to do that.

Hmmmmm.... that is pretty definitive.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181500 Oct 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The most likely?
That you are shallow enough to recognize at a glance.
Silly boyo-- you are well known for being a bald-faced liar.

And?

That makes **you** so shallow, you are literally transparent.

LOL!

Your hate is also showing, here.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#181501 Oct 27, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like everyone left for Sunday worship of the NFL, the one true faith...
Yes. That has always puzzled me about pro sports. Fans worship the best mercenaries their cities can hire,then pay out the ass to do so. High school and college fandom is one thing, but the purely commercial creating such is weird.

People pick the damndest things to put their heart, souls, and money into.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#181502 Oct 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Noah's flood did not list the year. You really should abadon
The year of Noah’s flood is not listed in the Bible. Estimates can be made but no assurances of the accuracy.
There are a number of civilizations who have recorded the event of Noah’s flood. This evidence was found in tablet form in several locations. It didn’t just come from the Bible.
Not only that Dr. Robert Ballard has come up with proof of a massive flood based on oceanography science.
More evidence that you are either a bold faced liar, or ignorant about what is contained in you bible. You say the bible says nothing about the time-line for this fictitious flood. Read the FIRST three words......."Using the BIBLE." Liar!!!

Using the Bible, well-documented historical events, and some math, we find that the Flood began approximately 4,359 years ago in the year 1656 AM or 2348 BC. Some may look for an exact date (i.e., month and day), but we are not given that sort of precision in Scrip

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181503 Oct 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I seen a lot of ghost and goblins last night Bob. And who says there’s no such things as ghost? Lol, we had a great time. I don’t see myself celebrating Halloween as much as celebrating kids having a good time.
It was a World Series night so the crowds were down some but never the less it was a wonderful night.
I used to help with the annual church Halloween party-- we would have all sorts of fun-- the best and most-loved by the kids, was an in-the-dark pillow fight.(we always provided the super-soft pillows, to avoid any "ringers" or too-hard pillows)

The kids always loved it-- just enough light to barely see... glow-in-the-dark stickers to mark the doors, in case anyone wanted to leave quickly. And plenty of adult monitors (who did not play but suffered pillow-hits instead) to keep anyone from being hurt.

In all they years I did that? Not one injury, nor a complaint--not by the kids anyway.

Alas, the "it's best for you" crowd eventually put a stop to it, as it "promoted violence"... WTF?

I despise "we know better" types-- they are **always** all up in everyone's business-- EXCEPT THEIR OWN.

Which pretty much describes religion in general...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181504 Oct 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I have answered the question and you choose to ignore it.
There’s no known official census for the time period.
You’re making radical assumptions in your hypothetical question.
It is easy to calculate how many people **had** to have been alive for that time-period.

How?

Easy-- the rate of growth of the total population is easy to calculate based on the human-created evidence left behind.

What is quite interesting about all that?

THERE IS NOT BOTTLE-NECK FOR WHEN YOUR SUPPOSED ARK HAPPENED.

There **should** be an 8-person bottle-neck-- but it simply is not there at all!

Hmmmmm... it appears your bible-writers **lied** to you.

Again.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181505 Oct 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I acknowledge giving birth is a painful experience in most cases. In modern hospitals there’s pain relief methods such as an epidural.
Your comments about a fetus being a symbiotic parasite is demeaning to mothers everywhere. Both past and present.
I’m sure your experience in life has caused you to believe this way. I’m sorry you have had such negative experiences with men.
Was your Father a positive or negative influence in your opinion?
You don’t have to answer if you don’t want too. I don’t wish to cause you any harm.
Here is the definitive answer to you anti-women bigots:

You must get the consent of an organ donor to save lives.

So if we give a fetus the right to a pregnant woman's body, not only are we giving it more rights than a born person, WE ARE GIVING PREGNANT WOMEN LESS RIGHTS THAN A CORPSE.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181506 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
So what, face reality and STFU.
A zygote is much like a tumor.
Indeed-- it is **exactly** like a tumor-- until it's born.

And then, if the mother survives, it's different.

Until the modern era? Roughly 1 in 3 mothers died with the first birth...

... which is why it took humans so very long to reach large populations.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181507 Oct 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Noah's flood did not list the year. You really should abadon
The year of Noah’s flood is not listed in the Bible. Estimates can be made but no assurances of the accuracy.
There are a number of civilizations who have recorded the event of Noah’s flood. This evidence was found in tablet form in several locations. It didn’t just come from the Bible.
Not only that Dr. Robert Ballard has come up with proof of a massive flood based on oceanography science.
Noah's flood never happened-- if it had? There would be a readable DNA bottle-neck of just 8 people.

There is no such thing.

Ergo, the flood never took place as written.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#181508 Oct 27, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is?
Atheism would be dirt simple to prove, once and for all, that it was wrong.
All you need to do? Is produce at least one (1) god.
So far, in the entire history of the planet?
Nobody has managed to do that.
Hmmmmm.... that is pretty definitive.
My 'God' is proven to exist. You may call it the Laws of the Universe or Life or Quantum Mechanics or String theory or Grand Unified Theory etc.

However, I don't believe in anthropomorphic deities.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181509 Oct 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, my stars but you are a LIAR!

He found proof of **A** flood! Not "the noah flood". And **certainly** not a **global** flood!

WHY DO YOU LIE LIKE THIS?

" http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/explore... ;

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181510 Oct 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
"of course there was no census taken."
Thank you.
Populations are easy to calculate, if you know the correct science.

But while we are at it?

You are correct: During the alleged "birth" of your Jewsus(jesus)?

NO CENSUS WAS TAKEN.

So that part of your myth is ... well... mythical.

NO CENSUS ON RECORD for the alleged "birth" of your Jewsus.

Bible fail.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181512 Oct 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Flood connection began with the publication in the late 1990s of the “Black Sea Deluge Hypothesis”, by geophysicist Walter Pitman and marine geologist William Ryan: the hypothesis that the Black Sea catastrophically flooded in about 5600 BC when the Aegean burst through a sill at the Bosporus, sending two hundred Niagaras-worth of water per day crashing through the gap for up to three hundred days. Ryan and Pitman went on to speculate that (a) the land thus flooded had previously been heavily populated,(b) the displaced survivors spread out across Europe, the Near East and even further afield, taking the Neolithic with them, and (c) folk memories of this catastrophe eventually morphed into the myth of the Great Noachian Flood.- See more at: http://www.skepticink.com/lateraltruth/2012/1...
Haha ha ha hey stupid, they're talking about the "Black Sea Deluge" NOT a GLOBAL flood. Notice the phrase "Morphed into the MYTH of the great Noachian flood.
Yep.

He lies and he **KNOWS** he was lying.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181513 Oct 27, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's The Dave Nelson in a nutshell.
No one gets it but, "him", everyone else doesn't "get it", but if they'd listen to "him" an accept what he has to say, they'd, "get it".
Yep.

Fortunately? There is a cure for his sort of insanity: facts.

:)

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#181514 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Same process. I don't need to lie to myself about the reality of the Universe that God created.
You realize there are more non-human cells in your body than human cells ?
Without them you would die within a day. Are they "you" or something else ? Are they human ? Do they have a soul ?
Maybe humans are the parasites.
BTW,
WTF do I need 'a successor' for ?
Ostensibly to continue the human organism and maybe provide a better product for improvements, such as intellect. Otherwise it defaults to the lowest common denominators. The basic monkey man. Baby mommas and baby daddies instead of a structured platform to advance from.

Quit breeding cats and they will all return to about 4 types. Absent a higher force doing the breeding, man has to do it himself.

It is rather intriguing how the self imagined "more intelligent" human beings seem to be the ones contributing the less to the gene pool of the species. They are usually liberal progressives and atheists in the Western world.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181515 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
My 'God' is proven to exist. You may call it the Laws of the Universe or Life or Quantum Mechanics or String theory or Grand Unified Theory etc.
However, I don't believe in anthropomorphic deities.
:)

So you are in agreement with the noted mathematician, Einstein?

:D

That's some worthy company you keep, there-- and I have no beef with your view of things-- none at all.

People such as you?

**never** try to get laws passed, based on your belief(s).

And that is the distinction that makes all the difference in the world.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#181516 Oct 27, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Populations are easy to calculate, if you know the correct science.
But while we are at it?
You are correct: During the alleged "birth" of your Jewsus(jesus)?
NO CENSUS WAS TAKEN.
So that part of your myth is ... well... mythical.
NO CENSUS ON RECORD for the alleged "birth" of your Jewsus.
Bible fail.
Even if there had been a census it would have been a distributed task for the tax collectors. The Romans never had the entire population ordered to appear at a country's capital for any reason.

"Remember the 2010 US Census when 300 million citizens had to go to Washington D.C. to fill in out a questionnaire ?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min renee 30,953
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 9 min Patrick 13,140
News Your atheism isn&#x27;t going to keep your... (Apr '14) 11 min Eagle 12 10
There are no such things as gods or fairies 41 min Eagle 12 14
News How God Messed Up My Happy Atheist Life 1 hr Thinking 13
Atheism is not a belief 1 hr Amused 270
Majority of Scots now have no religion 5 hr Thinking 1
More from around the web