Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247479 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#181309 Oct 25, 2013
Now wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to be the type that would have been killed . I'm satisfied with that.
Well...lets make sure you don't hold any of that hatred back now newby...lets see your true christian nature ;-)
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#181310 Oct 25, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...lets make sure you don't hold any of that hatred back now newby...lets see your true christian nature ;-)
He takes after his demon God, the one who's most favorite past time is murder.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#181311 Oct 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have secular humanists confused with smiters, genocidal fanatics, inquisitors, Nazis, the Klan, Christian dominionists, Crusaders, theocrats and the like.
We're secular humanists. We're peaceniks. We leave the ovens, the witch burning stakes, the inquisitional torture devices, the theats of hellfire, and the rest to others.
Please try not to mix us up with them.
Believe me I know there’s some good hearted Atheist out there. But here on topix we see the far extreme militant views. We are not talking here moderate Atheist but extremist. I don’t need to name them because all us regulars know who they are.

Everything our nation stands for including the right to freedom of religion is under attack. We have seen serious abuses in government powers such as the IRS targeting religious groups. Every law enforcement officer, military officer, judge, elected leader, in this country takes an oath.

That said oath is to preserve and defend the constitution. It must be preserved at all cost. Too many have made the ultimate sacrifice for it to be destroyed. We must never let extremism alter our freedoms.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#181312 Oct 25, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen your smile(in a pic).
That was on purpose.

:-)
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#181313 Oct 25, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The point being, your God has no problems aborting late term healthy babies, why does it bother you so much?
Early on in my life I didn’t give it much thought. I guess you can say I was neutral on the issue. However an abortion was not something myself or my wife would ever be involved with.

As time went on I began to learn more about the subject. I learned that abortion is a horrendous and utterly sickening procedure. I won’t go into the details but I’ll just say it’s horrible what someone would do to a unborn child. Barbaric is not even close to describe the procedure.

Here we are on topix, and the very people that claim God is a murder, support unrestricted abortions. Mankind takes the trophy in murdering infants. And I think hypocrisy stinks to high heaven Doctor.

God gave people a choice to be saved in most cases and even in war. An Example was Rahab at Jericho. She and her household was saved because she asked for mercy.

God would have spared the Earth from the great flood had the people repented. But their were hard hearted and they were full of stubbornness.

Unborn children don’t get to have a choice. They are just butchered to death. You Atheist so proudly claim that all infants are Atheist. If that’s so most Atheist are pro termination of life as it means nothing of killing another Atheist.

Not once have you came out Doctor against the ravages of abortion. Not once. Hypocrisy stinks Doctor. It’s best you abort the subject because every time you reply to me God is a murder. I’m going to come back talking about murdering the unborn by abortion.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#181314 Oct 25, 2013
Now wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be the type that would have been killed . I'm satisfied with that.
That's par. All good Xtians love to smugly condemn others....it's one of your more endearing qualities.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#181315 Oct 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
That was on purpose.
:-)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#181316 Oct 25, 2013
EdSed wrote:
I wouldn’t describe atheism or secular humanism as belief systems. They interest me because I do not have a ‘set of beliefs’. I consider that an unhelpful concept and not something I would do. People can of course perceive me as having a ‘set of beliefs’ like anyone else, but I think that’s their mistake as it impedes their understanding of how I think.
My guess is that we agree more than disagree, but that we use the language differently. I have a set of beliefs. And I would call the subset that describes my ethics and my metaphysics secular humanism. I would imagine that saying so helps others understand how I think.
EdSed wrote:
for me, neither atheism or humanism are belief systems. There's nothing systematic or ideological inherent in them.
For me, secular humanism IS a belief system. In fact it is so robust a belief system that it can also an properly called and a value system, an ideology and a world view. The Affirmations of Humanism are a good sketch of those principles. I can point to it and say, "I disagree with none of this." http://www.secularhumanism.org/index.php/12

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#181317 Oct 25, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Early on in my life I didn’t give it much thought. I guess you can say I was neutral on the issue. However an abortion was not something myself or my wife would ever be involved with.
Nobody is trying to force you to, are they?
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
As time went on I began to learn more about the subject. I learned that abortion is a horrendous and utterly sickening procedure.
So is birth. Don't you remember?
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I won’t go into the details but I’ll just say it’s horrible what someone would do to a unborn child. Barbaric is not even close to describe the procedure.
Birth?
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we are on topix, and the very people that claim God is a murder, support unrestricted abortions. Mankind takes the trophy in murdering infants. And I think hypocrisy stinks to high heaven Doctor.
God gave people a choice to be saved in most cases and even in war. An Example was Rahab at Jericho. She and her household was saved because she asked for mercy.
God would have spared the Earth from the great flood had the people repented. But their were hard hearted and they were full of stubbornness.
God doesn't exist. Birth and abortion do exist.

Turn your dial to Reality and then we can discuss the issues rationally.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unborn children don’t get to have a choice.
Women do. It is, after all, their body. Do you disagree?
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are just butchered to death.
I worked in a morgue for some time. I've seen deaths that would boggle your mind. If you die in your sleep or if you die with a car key in your brain (real death), it doesn't matter. You still had to visit River Tam.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You Atheist so proudly claim that all infants are Atheist. If that’s so most Atheist are pro termination of life as it means nothing of killing another Atheist.
All infants are atheist. The unborn aren't infants, are they?
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not once have you came out Doctor against the ravages of abortion. Not once. Hypocrisy stinks Doctor. It’s best you abort the subject because every time you reply to me God is a murder. I’m going to come back talking about murdering the unborn by abortion.
Unborn children are like undead children.

They don't exist.

Just like Teh God...

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#181319 Oct 26, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Still wrong, lil' Bobby.
All atheism is the lack of a belief in deities. Nothing more, nothing less.
I am always fascinated by people like you, people so in need of their religion that they feel everyone else simply must have a religion also - even the people who don't believe in deities.
Its strange...and a little creepy.
If atheist had more debates about unproven details I might agree with you. Not only are you a religious group, you are the religious group that is in most lock step. Very often on these treads I have read atheist post. That is not a true atheist. You do know you do have a church?

Location hidden

#181320 Oct 26, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
If atheist had more debates about unproven details I might agree with you. Not only are you a religious group, you are the religious group that is in most lock step. Very often on these treads I have read atheist post. That is not a true atheist. You do know you do have a church?
Your failed cult is so desperate to find followers, it spams atheism forums online.

When you can stop being cowardly and prove the god you choose to lie about, you will look a lot less foolish.

Location hidden

#181321 Oct 26, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
These cultists want to turn everything into a cult - even opposition to their bullsh*t!!!

If you hadn't lied about god, atheism wouldn't even be a thing - you invented it by lying to society and being found out by science.

You are people with no shame or remorse, and you continue to lie in an age where you can go to a doctor who can show you how you evolved and show you your DNA.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#181322 Oct 26, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Again...the only "unproven detail" that needs to be debated with an atheist is the existence of a god or gods.

There is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof that any god ever worshipped actually existed.

All atheism is is the lack of a belief in deities.

If you want to shut an atheist up about atheism, prove that any god is real.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#181323 Oct 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
As time went on I began to learn more about the subject. I learned that abortion is a horrendous and utterly sickening procedure. I won’t go into the details but I’ll just say it’s horrible what someone would do to a unborn child. Barbaric is not even close to describe the procedure.
Unborn children don’t get to have a choice. They are just butchered to death. You Atheist so proudly claim that all infants are Atheist. If that’s so most Atheist are pro termination of life as it means nothing of killing another Atheist.
I DO NOT support late term abortions, I do think it is wrong. But I think that a women has the ultimate decision as it is her body. I do agree with early abortions in the first or second trimeters, especially in rape cases and unwanted teen pregnancy. Some where there was to be consideration for the baby if it is going to be born with severe birth defects, and who's life my be full of pain or shorted considerably. I think early abortion is ok if the life of the women is in danger, or her health. And I agree that sex education, especially from parents, is an effective way of limiting abortions.

Now too your God. Why do you NOT have a problem with him murdering little babies and destroying unborn fetuses, many of them late term, and some on the verge of being born? I do know that you will dodge the question or resort to your other favorite tactic and thats deflecting the question by changing the subject. You're very good at this by the way.

Since: Sep 08

Fowler, CO

#181324 Oct 26, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Again...the only "unproven detail" that needs to be debated with an atheist is the existence of a god or gods.
There is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof that any god ever worshipped actually existed.
What you are incapable of understanding is when that atheism is turned into action, such as organizations, demands, and screaming for attention, it becomes a religion just like the others.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#181325 Oct 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Your failed cult is so desperate to find followers, it spams atheism forums online.
When you can stop being cowardly and prove the god you choose to lie about, you will look a lot less foolish.
Your post is too funny, I see no need to request a gathering of the socially challenged people that are atheist that post here. I think most of them really can't walk out of their front door.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#181326 Oct 26, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyday is proof, you just fail to acknowledge it, given the reading comprehension of the atheist here, it is not a surprise.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#181327 Oct 26, 2013
<Eagle 12 wrote>

"God would have spared the Earth from the great flood had the people repented. But their were hard hearted and they were full of stubbornness."

What people? Everyone on the face of the planet? How about the Buddhists at the time, they believed with all their hearts that they were justified in their beliefs, same with another group of people who had a different belief. Did God appear to these people and personally tell them to repent?

When say say "The people" are you including people from Australia, New Zealand, South America, Egypt, China, Russia? Exactly what people are involved in your statement, "Had the people repented?"
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#181328 Oct 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe me I know there’s some good hearted Atheist out there. But here on topix we see the far extreme militant views. We are not talking here moderate Atheist but extremist. I don’t need to name them because all us regulars know who they are.
Everything our nation stands for including the right to freedom of religion is under attack. We have seen serious abuses in government powers such as the IRS targeting religious groups. Every law enforcement officer, military officer, judge, elected leader, in this country takes an oath.
That said oath is to preserve and defend the constitution. It must be preserved at all cost. Too many have made the ultimate sacrifice for it to be destroyed. We must never let extremism alter our freedoms.
As far as the IRS targeting religious groups, they absolutely should. Churches pay NO taxes, and anyone with a crazy idea can form a religion and escape paying taxes. I can declare that the fish gods from Neptune created the universe. I could form a church around that belief......mmm, let see, I'll call it The Neptunian Religion. Now, do you think I should be tax exempt?

BTW, I have just as much evidence that the Fish Gods from Neptune created the universe as you do for God doing the same, that evidence is...zero!!!
LCNLin

United States

#181329 Oct 26, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Most lock step in on topix,
Normal atheists prove to be agnostics as per Richard Dawkins, the book salesman.
Dawkins makes a bundle of money off the atheist religion types

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 8 min NoahLovesU 12,738
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 1 hr Agents of Corruption 47,818
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... 3 hr QUITTNER Sep 1 2015 12
Proof of God for the Atheist 7 hr Thinking 128
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 8 hr True Christian wi... 10
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 8 hr True Christian wi... 23
Hitler was Catholic 10 hr Pagatheist 2
More from around the web