Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
JPo

Tampa, FL

#181029 Oct 22, 2013
"Faith" is just the confidence you have in one that you have experience or evidence about. It's not "belief in something for which there is no evidence." In the ancient Greek, it was a noun-like verb that was usually towards a person. A soldier may have faith in a commander because of the many things he's heard and experienced with that commander.

So let's say you're an atheist who believes evolution explains the origin of man. If you have no expertise in evolutionary biology where do you derive your "belief" and "confidence?" From those you read and hear regarding the subject. You have "faith" in them and their expertise based on what you read and hear from them or their work.

We all have faith in things for which we have no expertise. The confidence we have is no less evidential. It's what we learn, know, and hear that builds that faith.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#181032 Oct 22, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'm here to help you, please believe me. When you ask me "according to evolution who came first male of female." Means you do not know the meaning of evolution. You're talking about abiogenesis, how life came to be, evolution is simply hereditary changes in a population over long period of time, thats it, nothing more. Evolution does not address the origins of life, nor of the universe as many Theists try and propose. Change over time, plain and simply.
Again I'm asking, who came first, male or female? Regaurdless what science is involved, I would just love to have a real answer. Or did twins of the opposite sex hatch?

Are you also saying evolution is not involved in abiogenesis?

Since: Sep 08

Fowler, CO

#181033 Oct 22, 2013
very well wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess. You are conversing with another arrogant mentally jacked up atheist, thinking he knows everything.
Something like that.

They will be selling them in WalMart if we aren't careful. Would love to find the factory that stamps them out. I don't think it is in China. They have better product. Wouldn't be surprised if they had made in America tags on them.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#181034 Oct 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it says we mutated from the ancestors of amoebas.....
Thus, you refuse to believe that humans develop from a matched pair of single cells.

Such a complex thing as a human could not arise from a couple cells.

ROFLMAO

You are bigger ahole than I had heard.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#181035 Oct 22, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I got it now, Atheism is lack of a belief in deities.
So is a bag of rocks.
Iím not saying your as dumb of a bag of rocks. I really donít want to believe that. But you are trying to convince me youíre dumb as rocks.
Well I guess Iíll take your word for it since it is your word. Who would know how better how smart you are than you and of course that bag of rocks.
Awww, kitten...is that really the best you can do?

But, hey...at least it is obvious you've given up any hope of winning an argument.

You take care, sunshine.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#181036 Oct 22, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I'm asking, who came first, male or female?....
Female.

If you want specifics then pay for a university education like the rest of us.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#181037 Oct 22, 2013
very well wrote:
<quoted text>
There is absolutely ZERO percent chance that evilution occurred. Think harder, desperate atheist.
"evilution"

LOL...wow.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#181038 Oct 22, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you also saying evolution is not involved in abiogenesis?
No. It isn't. They are two separate processes.

Again, get an education!
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#181039 Oct 22, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>And because science can't as yet answer that question you feel perfectly ok with inserting an imaginary being as the cause. No proof, no hypothesis, no actual science, just insert this God thing as factual. At least science will speculate, draw a hypothesis, test the hypothesis, move on when new information is found. Do you do any of that? No, you simply assert that your favorite delusion is the answer.
Science has created the building blocks of life from non-life, so we KNOW it is entirely possible for life to come from non-life. We know this because science has tested and retested and applied different approaches. You have done, no testing, have no explored other approaches, you just sit back and proclaim your God is the cause.
Life forms were not created, they EVOLVED to become more complex. From simple to complex, thats how evolution operates, there was and is no need for a "bioengineer" Where is your proof for this bioengineer? I can produce proof for evolution, I guess that makes my answer much more valid than yours.
No Doctor you have no proof of the evolution of man.

Man has like 206 bones. Yet when you look at the evidence going back 6 millions years. All you find is less than 10% of the bones of even just one alleged human. The rest if filled in with imagination and speculation.

Paleontologist have found nearly intact skeletons of dinosaurs. These skeletons are much older than 6 million years. Where are all these fossils of man from the beginning to modern times?

If you threw out the artist conceptions and sculptures. You would have nothing. And you almost have nothing now. Do you remember Lucy? Also known as AL 288-1.

40 % of the bones of Lucy was found. It look like it had been run over by a dump truck because many of those bones were just fragments. Lucy was paraded around as being a direct link to modern humans. The missing link sort of speak. Come to find out Lucy might have been Luke. And Luke was an Ape and not some human mix.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#181040 Oct 22, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Female.
I did pay for a University education. Four times!

So just say it, you don't have any specifics.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#181041 Oct 22, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
....Man has like 206 bones.....
Are you twelve years old ?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#181042 Oct 22, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It isn't. They are two separate processes.
Again, get an education!
Oh yea for sure I'm just going to take you word for it.

What a freaking joke, no references? Why am I not surprised?

And that get an education should apply to you. Especially graduating from high school. You know itís never too late to get your GED.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#181043 Oct 22, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did pay for a University education. Four times!...
Four kids ?

They know you are a moron now. They still love you.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#181044 Oct 22, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Female.
I didn't ask you what sex you were? Put out that cig. You might be able to see the screen. And don't throw it out the damn window and start another fire.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#181045 Oct 22, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm old enough to know, if you thow a burning cig out the damn window. You're going to burn the place down.

You Aussies need to try E-Cigs. It causes less fires.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#181046 Oct 22, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I have known Eagle for a long time, even before he changed his Topix name.

No, he's not 12 years old, he's a retired fuddy duddy.

And a simpleton.

Watch, he'll tip his hat to me for this.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#181047 Oct 22, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't ask you what sex you were? Put out that cig. You might be able to see the screen. And don't throw it out the damn window and start another fire.
I read your post but all I saw was:

Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#181048 Oct 22, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Four kids ?
They know you are a moron now. They still love you.

Two kids Homey, one has three degrees. Even has a graduate degree in Science. They're both adults and productive people in society. One is an educator and the other a surgical nurse.

So I paid dearly for education. Yes Iím proud they are smarter than me. Thatís the way it is supposed to work. When kids are dumber than the parent. Life is nothing but havoc.

So who is smarter in your family. You or the kids?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#181049 Oct 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have known Eagle for a long time, even before he changed his Topix name.
No, he's not 12 years old, he's a retired fuddy duddy.
And a simpleton.
Watch, he'll tip his hat to me for this.
Lol,[Tipping Hat with a smile]

“Love much, trust none”

There

#181050 Oct 22, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>,
Two kids Homey, one has three degrees. Even has a graduate degree in Science. They're both adults and productive people in society. One is an educator and the other a surgical nurse.
So I paid dearly for education. Yes Iím proud they are smarter than me. Thatís the way it is supposed to work. When kids are dumber than the parent. Life is nothing but havoc.
So who is smarter in your family. You or the kids?
Yet, you are still an ignorant buffoon bashing the educated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christianity Created Hitler 8 min The_Box 115
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 35 min The Dude 14,504
Our world came from nothing? (Jul '14) 2 hr The_Box 1,230
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 7 hr woodtick57 2,838
Richard Dawkins needs to get a life 13 hr Thinking 22
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... Sun polymath257 41
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism Sun polymath257 276
More from around the web