Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
172,481 - 172,500 of 225,563 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Friction is what creates the heat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =TNPp83sDBjEXX
It is one method. And the process occurs on an even smaller scale. The charge and load. Right down into the nucleus itself. But that is because of the universe being a pressure, not innate properties of atomic particles or processes. Space is a medium, it therefore has compressive properties.

But be advised there were no electrons and atoms, etc when the BB event occurred. And it was very, very hot.

According to modern physics.

You never got back to me about that.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, previously here I posted that I do find it possible that for the purpose of good for The Universe, that it is possible we are evolving into extinction. It is the way of nature.
You have a very interesting way of looking at things. I don't wish to delve into the complexities of what your belief system may hold, but it seems that it may be even more out there than just the christian belief.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, previously here I posted that I do find it possible that for the purpose of good for The Universe, that it is possible we are evolving into extinction. It is the way of nature.
However, it is quite bold of you to bash atheists for giving their opinion, and then to label someone sub-human simply based on your opinion. It's name calling, and it's quite insulting. I am a human whether your opinion is different from mine or not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
The answers to your questions will vary in accordance to the ambitious person that gains control. Without the moral reflections religions offer, there will be no controlling the corruption of the wealthy abusing the less fortunate. The power of the populist would go unchallenged, and it won't have a moral code.
The Atheist here slay me with this idea, that there would no longer be positions that adults would not be able to exploit youths. You just won't hear about them because the media would not be permitted to report all. Atheist as anti-religion would have safe guards that would control the media, as it does in China.
To answer your question or statement, no I did not like George Bush, either one, but I would unquestionable vote for either of them over any atheist. Your own mind is not a free society, as I previously posted you only regard two possibilities of thoughts amongst the common masses. I see no need to give your sort a try out.
I have said this before, and I will say it again.... religion does not build a persons moral code, nor did morality come from religion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
The answers to your questions will vary in accordance to the ambitious person that gains control. Without the moral reflections religions offer, there will be no controlling the corruption of the wealthy abusing the less fortunate. The power of the populist would go unchallenged, and it won't have a moral code.
The Atheist here slay me with this idea, that there would no longer be positions that adults would not be able to exploit youths. You just won't hear about them because the media would not be permitted to report all. Atheist as anti-religion would have safe guards that would control the media, as it does in China.
To answer your question or statement, no I did not like George Bush, either one, but I would unquestionable vote for either of them over any atheist. Your own mind is not a free society, as I previously posted you only regard two possibilities of thoughts amongst the common masses. I see no need to give your sort a try out.
Again... you are not showing your "tolerance" for other thought processes any more than you claim that others don't. If two people are in the running for anything and they do not specifically tell you their beliefs or the lack there of in the very beginning then you should base your "vote" on who would be best for the position. A "vote" for anything should not be based on personal beliefs of the afterlife, nor on their beliefs of creation. Your mind does not seem to be looking for a free society.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is one method. And the process occurs on an even smaller scale. The charge and load. Right down into the nucleus itself. But that is because of the universe being a pressure, not innate properties of atomic particles or processes. Space is a medium, it therefore has compressive properties.
But be advised there were no electrons and atoms, etc when the BB event occurred. And it was very, very hot.
According to modern physics.
You never got back to me about that.
I was too young to remember back then.
Actually most theory is speculative beyond 10-^33 the point where physics turn into superforce. That's something we cannot duplicate and can only guess at. But particles and beyond bosons, fermions etc. is anybody's guess.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, this gives us a teaching opportunity for the unlearned and the ignorant infidel mindset.
To the followers of Christ the word “hate” is another term for setting priorities. Christ comes first in our hearts and everyone else comes latter. Remembering one of the ten commandments,“To honor thy Father and Mother,” supports this thought.
In Jesus own example he never “hated” his mother or his step father.
Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
The subject here is the word for hate, which is the Greek miseo. One Skeptic is typical of critics when he writes:
Most Christians feel obligated to soften the face meaning of the word 'hate' to something like 'love less than me,' even though the Greek word miseo means 'hate.'
In line with this comment, Skeptics will stress the meaning of the word "hate" and insist that the word must be read literally, and that Jesus is truly preaching hate. But in fact, the "softening" is correct to do -- and is perfectly in line with the context of the ancient world, and the Jewish culture in particular.
For a background on the use of extreme and hyperbolic language in the Bible, I direct the reader first to my foundational essay on this subject. Abraham Rihbany (The Syrian Christ, 98f) points to the use of "hate" in the Bible as an example of linguistic extreme in an Eastern culture. There is no word, he notes, for "like" in the Arabic tongue. "...[T]o us Orientals the only word which can express any cordial inclination of approval is 'love'." The word is used even of casual acquaintances. Extreme language is used to express even moderate relationships.
Luke 14:26 falls into a category of "extreme language," the language of absoluteness used to express a preference, and may refer to disattachment, indifference, or nonattachment without any feelings of revulsion involved. To seal this matter completely, let's look at some parallel materials which prove our point. The closest example comes from Genesis 29:30-1:
And he went in also unto Rachel, and he loved also Rachel more than Leah, and served with him yet seven other years. And when the LORD saw that Leah was hated, he opened her womb: but Rachel was barren.
Here, "hated" is clearly used synonymously with one who is loved less. Let it be added that if Jacob hated Leah in a literal way, it is hardly believable that he would consent to take her as his wife at all.(See also Judges 14:16 and Deut. 21:15-17.)
Now here is another example from Jesus, Luke 16:13:
No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other.
Such extremes of feeling would be atypical, but the extremes are not meant to be taken literally; the point is that one master will get more dedicated labor than the other.
Now let's move into some secular works with the same sort of hyperbolic language. http://www.tektonics.org/gk/jesussayshate.htm...
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I was too young to remember back then.
Actually most theory is speculative beyond 10-^33 the point where physics turn into superforce. That's something we cannot duplicate and can only guess at. But particles and beyond bosons, fermions etc. is anybody's guess.
So was everyone.

http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~yukimoon/BigBang...

That is the Big Bang theory. I didn't read it all the way through, but have read elsewhere that it contracted a bit, which is when matter started forming. The initial heat was spread over the expanse and a condensation occured, then an expansion began again.

One more time. The heat happened before it could be produced with matter in its present form. Seed or activated component.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
So was everyone.
That is the Big Bang theory. I didn't read it all the way through, but have read elsewhere that it contracted a bit, which is when matter started forming. The initial heat was spread over the expanse and a condensation occured, then an expansion began again.
One more time. The heat happened before it could be produced with matter in its present form. Seed or activated component.
Doesn't just happen, it is the result of something happening.
Imhotep

Sevierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, this gives us a teaching opportunity for the unlearned and the ignorant infidel mindset.

Now let's move into some secular works with the same sort of hyperbolic language. http://www.tektonics.org/gk/jesussayshate.htm...
NO SALE!

Try a lot harder...

Despite all the rhetoric of fundamentalist Christians that "unbelievers" are shallow, self centered, prideful, selfish worshippers of nothing but themselves, and deceived by their own minds, there exists an almost comical paradox:

Christians engage in just as much self gratification and self exaltation as they say unbelievers practice.

Christians create two objects, themselves and the object of their worship.

But this is both vanity and idolatry. When a Christian praises the object of his worship, his "God", he is really praising his ideas and views about the object of his worship.

The Christian exalts himself using a surrogate ego which he calls "God".

The centerpiece of this religion, the Holy Bible, means whatever a believer wants it to mean… and nothing more.

This collection of writings, compiled and established as holy by councils of men, isn't any more the word of God than any other religious book on a library shelf. The Bible, like most religious texts, has elements of wisdom combined with blatant contradictions, and gross inconsistencies.

Fundamentalist Christians mentally write their own versions of the Bible to accommodate what they want to believe is true while all the time advertising that they believe that everything written in the Bible is the word of an infallible, holy deity.

A secondary observation, stemming from the first one, is how massive the power of rationalization is when it's applied by human beings. Humans can rationalize virtually anything and the area of religion is ripe for such mental gymnastics to display themselves.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue of a name change and those applying pressure to do so.
If the name is offensive to native Americans, and I owned the team, I would change it.

I'd hold a naming contest, season tickets to the winner.

We should try to get along with one another.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Doesn't just happen, it is the result of something happening.
Perzackly.

The singularity was lit up to form this universe. Energy was directed through it. The blown up balloon resulting has blocked our view of that source. We became a branch. There is still a link, but you can't see it for the clutter.
Imhotep

Sevierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the pot calling the kettle black?
Nope!

It is my laughter at you

<crickets chirping>

I know you are courageously battling literacy despite being reality challenged and fact allergic.

I gave you... Two easy questions that NOT ONE Christian can answer, including the highest Christian - Pope Francis.

What IF you have been worshiping the wrong deity?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
So was everyone.
Before the cooling and separation of matter from expansion of the singularity, it is surmised that gravity was linked to the other forces. So in this state called "superforce" all, matter was in the form of energy. And The strong, weak, nuclear forces were combined with electromagnetic energy and gravity into one.
compressed infinitely into a infinitesimal or aka: singularity.
It isn't surmised in BBT what caused this or caused it to expand into the hot dense state of inflation, but starts recording it from this condition. But it is believed to be linked to zero point energy. But the initial heat is the superforce.

Really

Daniels, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

I don't c in this day and time how anyone can reasonablly believe in the rambling of the bible much less any other religion. People laugh at Muslims and a 100 virgins theory. Is a virgin having a baby more believable than that. Or a man named mosses made a boat big enough to hold to of all the creatures on the planet. We do not have a boat in existence today that could hold and supply enough food for that many animals plants and organisms. What a joke. All religion is to absurd to believe.
The only true belief is that of the native Americans. They believe in what is around us and to respect it. That being our mother earth and all its inhabitants. We came from nothing and we go to nothing. We as a people r not the soul beings of this planet we are merely part of it. It's all part of a flow of energy in life and death. There is a positive and a negative. It's a force unseen and unknown. All we need to do is take care of self family, community, nation, and most importantly our mother earth for it is not a part of us but we are all of it. We come from the earth and are returned to the earth and I believe the flow of life and energy will bring me home again.
awsome dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope!
It is my laughter at you
<crickets chirping>
I know you are courageously battling literacy despite being reality challenged and fact allergic.
I gave you... Two easy questions that NOT ONE Christian can answer, including the highest Christian - Pope Francis.
What IF you have been worshiping the wrong deity?
o ou ouuuuuu
you are "genius"
like mr Pupeok Pee Pee von Glupi. who fly in his delusional rocket to the moon,and woke up drank in the local dumpster full of old stinking hamburgers,
with few white maggots penetrating your nose and stupid brain???
Imhotep

Sevierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, I persist in continuing to vote.
Recognizing the system is rigged, and the whole is flawed.
Why?
So I can justifiably complain, with a clear conscious.
Anyone who doesn't vote? Cannot complain if the system doesn't work--- they did nothing either way.
That's the way I see it, at least.
Others have a different opinion, George Carlin being one of them.
Yes, I greatly admire Carlin, except for this one area, where I disagree with him.
But he tried to help in his way, I do the best I can in mine.
:)
They have already been pre-selected and purchased.
I would vote, IF paid, to do so ONLY.
It is voters that placed the politicians in office.
It is they that reap their own harvest.

The population has been "dumbed down" to accept the status quo.

No POTUS election has been decided by one vote.
I voted only once.
Nixon lied and did not end the Vietnam war as advertised.
I have not voted since. I do not trust any of them.
awsome dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Before the cooling and separation of matter from expansion of the singularity, it is surmised that gravity was linked to the other forces. So in this state called "superforce" all, matter was in the form of energy. And The strong, weak, nuclear forces were combined with electromagnetic energy and gravity into one.
compressed infinitely into a infinitesimal or aka: singularity.
It isn't surmised in BBT what caused this or caused it to expand into the hot dense state of inflation, but starts recording it from this condition. But it is believed to be linked to zero point energy. But the initial heat is the superforce.
big bang till today cause great bangs inside of not developed Luci atheistic brains like yours,
mostly ashes from bing bang enter your a......and makes from all of you gays or lesbians with full closet of AAA male devices from 1 till 24 inch long?
that is what is happen with your stupid brain after great big bang with dense state of infaltion,recording it from good brain condition to completly retarded condition

and zero point of energy form your hole called a.... into female vagina or from your female part grows long 12 inch clitoris

this initial hit,is great big bang superforce penetrating idiots like you

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Really wrote:
I don't c in this day and time how anyone can reasonablly believe in the rambling of the bible much less any other religion. People laugh at Muslims and a 100 virgins theory. Is a virgin having a baby more believable than that. Or a man named mosses made a boat big enough to hold to of all the creatures on the planet. We do not have a boat in existence today that could hold and supply enough food for that many animals plants and organisms. What a joke. All religion is to absurd to believe.
The only true belief is that of the native Americans. They believe in what is around us and to respect it. That being our mother earth and all its inhabitants. We came from nothing and we go to nothing. We as a people r not the soul beings of this planet we are merely part of it. It's all part of a flow of energy in life and death. There is a positive and a negative. It's a force unseen and unknown. All we need to do is take care of self family, community, nation, and most importantly our mother earth for it is not a part of us but we are all of it. We come from the earth and are returned to the earth and I believe the flow of life and energy will bring me home again.
Mother Earth was born and maintained by larger forces and transfers of energy. Yes, as physical beings we are formed from what formed her. Our intelligence as physical consciousnesses was passed on to us from her, and to her from other places. It is the awareness of this larger scheme that created religions, including modern cosmology, seeking the ultimate source.

There is nothing wrong with that, as it is natural. But we are all blinded by the light we were born into and made from. The answers will come from within and when the lights go out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
They have already been pre-selected and purchased.
I would vote, IF paid, to do so ONLY.
It is voters that placed the politicians in office.
It is they that reap their own harvest.
The population has been "dumbed down" to accept the status quo.
No POTUS election has been decided by one vote.
I voted only once.
Nixon lied and did not end the Vietnam war as advertised.
I have not voted since. I do not trust any of them.
I thought you were 32 years old.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
If Christianity were true... 5 min henry 126
One top most argument for atheism (Apr '12) 20 min henry 3
Hollywood Actor Reveals What He Thinks Is 'Weir... 47 min Lawrence Wolf 99
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Pahu 882
Introducing The Universal Religion (Feb '14) 4 hr religionisillness 753
Our world came from nothing? 4 hr religionisillness 354
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 4 hr religionisillness 78
•••
•••