Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 257140 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179916 Oct 13, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus was a man without sin and spoke uprightly.
Prove it.

There is **no** historical evidence for your Jesus even existing.

LET ALONE WHAT HE ALLEGEDLY SAID.

None.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179917 Oct 13, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> You were formally a Christian, you are morbidly blighted. Hell hath no fury like an atheist scorned right Boob? You vehemently attack, youre no good, just a bigot, a wounded bigot. close to 80 thousand posts of vitriol, think about it , youre insane.
Your seething hate for me, and for people like me?

Is 100% proof that your god isn't real.

If your god WAS? Why has he not prevented me from speaking?

But even worse?

By permitting YOU TO SPEAK FOR YOUR GOD?

You present a god who is pure EVIL.

And that?

Is definitive proof your god isn't real.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179918 Oct 13, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Haha. How little confidence do you have in your faith and your belief system? A former christian is dangerous if they know some scripture? Why, because they are good at pointing out the absurdities, contradictions, and moral hogwash found on every single page?
Shouldn't a belief system be open to criticism? Aren't opposing viewpoints good? Why do you insist on insulating your mind and the minds of your fellow believers? Worried what might happen if you step outside the echo chamber and think about it too much? If you had true faith and you were truly comfortable with your belief system, you would not be worried about someone who knows their scripture, of all things.
Yep.
Bongo

United States

#179919 Oct 13, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
There is **no** historical evidence for your Jesus even existing.
LET ALONE WHAT HE ALLEGEDLY SAID.
None.
Come on blob the hater, sing those songs like you used to, pleaee, pretty please.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179920 Oct 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! What an amazing young lady. Thank you for sharing that. She may call herself Muslim, but she is a champion for humanist values and an enemy of the Muslim church (or is it the mosque?). She reminds me of Martin Luther King. These people are not shaped by their religions. They shape their religions. And by what standards? Humanist values:
From the Affirmations of Humanism:
"We are deeply concerned with the moral education of our children. We want to nourish reason and compassion ... We believe in optimism rather than pessimism, hope rather than despair, learning in the place of dogma, truth instead of ignorance, joy rather than guilt or sin, tolerance in the place of fear, love instead of hatred, compassion over selfishness, beauty instead of ugliness, and reason rather than blind faith or irrationality."
From the church, which opposed the idea of the literacy of the masses, we get ideas more like these:
"Since God has spoken to us it is no longer necessary for us to think." – St Augustine
"People gave ear to an upstart astrologer [Copernicus] who strove to show that the earth revolves, not the heavens or the firmament, the sun and the moon. Whoever wishes to appear clever must devise some new system, which of all systems is of course the very best. This fool wishes to reverse the entire science of astronomy; but sacred scripture tells us [Joshua 10:13] that Joshua commanded the sun to stand still, and not the earth." - Martin Luther
As always, you strike to the core of the thing, and show what is really going on.

Yeah, she is going to change the face of Islam, I think.

I wish her all the success she can grab-- and more.

Religion needs more folk like her; who see knowledge itself as a worthy and valuable goal.

And you and I both know the end result of a pursuit of knowledge for it's own sake ...

.... <heh> ....

...... historians call one example, The Reformation or The Enlightenment-- where religion's shackles were thrown off for the first time in Europe.

:)
Bongo

United States

#179921 Oct 13, 2013
<quoted text>
But even worse?
And that?
Almost 80 thousand whining posts, youre the biggest cry baby on here, bob of quantum hate. Your inner child is wounded and its never gonna let go, right monkeys hand in the jar bob? For something that don't exist you do a lot of complaining, youre the hater, holding a grudge. In truth, the grudge is holding you, right.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179922 Oct 13, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> I was speaking with respect to the wounded , and scorned ones. Disbelief is ok if its not coupled with a vehement revenge like attitude, i.e rev alan, bob of quantum . Like satan. The bright etc are probably not malevolent.
Revenge?

I want no revenge-- I just want you people to quite passing HATE-LAWS based on your ugly cult.

That is it.

You can continue to abuse your kids with your hate-cult's abusive message if you like-- I won't try to stop you.

But I **will** fight you when you try to pass LAWS based on your hate.
Bongo

United States

#179923 Oct 13, 2013
<quoted text>
By your laughing, I can only surmise you approved of those Nazi Jew killers.
This is not surprising, considering your display of hate.
No breedbate , im laughing at you, mommas bitter little boy, bwhahahaha
Bongo

United States

#179924 Oct 13, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The voice of experience speaks.
The only problem is I'm not gay and I don't drink, Dave.
NTTAWWT
hey droopy drawers, if you don't like Wheaties, eat spinach.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179925 Oct 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall being nasty to you, or even posting to you?
What have I said?
More than one time, you tried to threaten me with torture.

I would call that hate-speech, no matter how "pure" your intentions.

Since you cannot show you **are** a Genuine Messenger from God™?

I can only take you at your face value:**YOU** were intending to be the instrument of my torture.

Of course, I dismissed your threat as yet another empty promise.

But the fact remains?

YOU WERE WILLING TO SEE ME TORTURED TO SOOTHE YOUR EGO.

That's hate, bub.
Bongo

United States

#179926 Oct 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Revenge?
I want no revenge-- I just want you people to quite passing HATE-LAWS based on your ugly cult.
That is it.
You can continue to abuse your kids with your hate-cult's abusive message if you like-- I won't try to stop you.
But I **will** fight you when you try to pass LAWS based on your hate.
Nice cover story bob the prevaricator, truth is youre a bitter ex Christian, wounded by man and gonna die with the glorious crown of bitterness. You can get mental help, it just may help. Youre guilty of the unforgivable sin, unforgiveness. Now be a man and forgive the petty offense that made you a rabid savge reprobate. ok apostate bob.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179927 Oct 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance is limitless,, River.
Indeed.

And the **only** cure? Facts.

It's a shame you don't have any of those handy.

You know? Facts that would prove your god is real?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179928 Oct 13, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too smart, everyday I drive to Connecticut and post what an idiot you are, then I drive back to New Jersey to further post how stupid you are. Let's try this Sherlock Holmes. You and thinking remove your location block and post comments. I bet the last hair on your soulless balls that the two of you will be with in the same 30 miles radius.
You do not read, do you?

In my final line? I allowed you **might** be two separate people.

And I pointed out how **sad** that would be if you were:

You each sound the same.

How pathetic--- you are so **shallow**, you are literally interchangeable with another hatetheist.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179929 Oct 13, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Giving the history of your comments and you God awful reading comprehension, I find it likely "you" are not being sarcastic. Your perception is completely backwards.
But your hate-speech is so ... from the heart, right?

Your constant abuse of me, your continuous belittling comments to me-- thats "genuine love"...

... right?

meh.

You are so full of yourself, it is disgusting.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179930 Oct 13, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
According to skeptic, Hitler was an atheist. He was raised Catholic, and denounce The Catholic Church. Hitler being atheist is clearly debatable.
Who cares either way?

YOU AND HE ARE SIMILAR.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179931 Oct 13, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
It was an economic call. They favored greater punishment on people they thought would be powerless. French, English and American POWs got better treatment than Eastern Europeans. For some reason they all ways had a condescending point of view of Russians. I know some at this date will still call them sub-humans. They are, but that is because they are forced to be.
The above?

Is just the EXCUSE you have fabricated, in order to JUSTIFY your desire to murder all atheists for being "sub-human".

You are **exactly** like the Nazis, who saw humans as so much trash to be disposed of.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179932 Oct 13, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Come on blob the hater, sing those songs like you used to, pleaee, pretty please.
Thank you for proving to 100% that your god isn't real.

No self respecting deity would suffer the likes of your hate, to continue to exist.

Thus?

Gods are not real.

Thanks!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179933 Oct 13, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Almost 80 thousand whining posts, youre the biggest cry baby on here, bob of quantum hate. Your inner child is wounded and its never gonna let go, right monkeys hand in the jar bob? For something that don't exist you do a lot of complaining, youre the hater, holding a grudge. In truth, the grudge is holding you, right.
But even worse?
And that?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179934 Oct 13, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> No breedbate , im laughing at you, mommas bitter little boy, bwhahahaha
How very Jesus of you.

Did you learn to be such an azzhole from reading the bible?

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#179935 Oct 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Indeed.
And the **only** cure? Facts.
It's a shame you don't have any of those handy.
You know? Facts that would prove your god is real?
I think you have Catcher1 confused with somebody else, Bob.

It happens.

Catcher1 is an atheist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 33 min Thinking 356
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr ChristineM 21,413
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Thinking 20,315
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr ChristineM 10,363
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 1 hr ChristineM 555
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 hr SoE 45,560
News A Strong Muslim Identity Is the Best Defense Ag... 7 hr naman 16
More from around the web