Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Jul 18, 2009 Read more: Webbunny tumblelog 236,980
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#179770 Oct 12, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Two Atheist walking through a field together.
One fell into a deep hole and asked the other for help. The other replied,ďhelp,Ē I donít need no help, I didnít fall into a hole.
Dude...stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179771 Oct 12, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob, do your neighbors a favor and spray for roaches in your house. Donít forget the dishes, they can be washed you know.
Your hate is showing, god-robot.

You have no counter to my arguments-- so you try to belittle instead.

How very Jesus of you.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179772 Oct 12, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go do your dishes Bob.
Your hate is showing, god-robot.

You have no counter to my arguments-- so you try to belittle instead.

How very Jesus of you.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179773 Oct 12, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob, do your neighbors a favor and spray for roaches in your house. Donít forget the dishes, they can be washed you know.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go do your dishes Bob.
I can no more make myself BELIEVE in YOUR delusions than YOU could fly by flapping your arms real fast.

If you have a magic formula that could instill this FAITH you go on about?

Something short of hitting myself in the head to cause severe brain damage?

Then you MIGHT have a valid point.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179774 Oct 12, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
See?

Without an atheist to MAKE FUN OF?

YOU WOULD BE KILLING YOUR OWN FELLOW BELIEVERS!

Thanks for proving my comments accurate.
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#179775 Oct 12, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
you are an
Internet TROLL Chickenboy12

Why do trolls do it?

I believe that most trolls are sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful.

Disrupting a stable newsgroup gives the illusion of power, just as for a few, stalking a strong person allows them to think they are strong, too.

For trolls, any response is 'recognition'; they are unable to distinguish between irritation and admiration; their ego grows directly in proportion to the response, regardless of the form or content of that response.

Trolls, rather surprisingly, dispute this, claiming that it's a game or joke; this merely confirms the diagnosis; how sad do you have to be to find such mind-numbingly trivial timewasting to be funny?

Remember that trolls are cowards; they'll usually post just enough to get an argument going, then sit back and count the responses (Yes, that's what they do!).
Trolls don't have friends. On the internet, because they interact with human beings, they can convince themselves that they are important, the centre of the universe - that, to them, is better than any friendship.

Don't forget, the troll thinks he is always right, and therefore better than other folk. In real life, exactly the opposite applies. the troll has no friends and virtually no interaction with other people.

If he's a teen (many are), then he lives in his bedroom, trolling, playing computer games with 'friends'(who he doesn't know at all), and joining roleplay sites, where - of course - he is a hero, or a powerful villain, who is respected in an inverse ratio to the respect he feels for himself.

If he's an adult, then he has serious social issues. He may work, where people think he's a weirdo, and avoid him, he may sponge off his parents or be 'looking for work', which means he blames everyone for his problems. Except himself.
Most people who are out of work are nothing like the stereotype; most want to work, and gain their self respect through work and being part of the world; but the troll IS the stereotype whining scrounger, to whom the world owes a living.

Almost every troll is male; I don't know why this is.

The troll has few social skills, and most have never had a girlfriend, many never will.

There's a clear pattern among trolls; they are much more likely to ignore posts known to be from women. And when they do respond to women, they are much more likely to be brief, abusive, condescending and patronising.

This is almost certainly more due to fear than misogyny - they just don't know any women. Except Mom. But their attitude rather reduces their chances of reproducing, which is probably a good thing.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#179776 Oct 12, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
As previously stated, if you are interested, there are books written by Buddhist and New Age Authors. I don't think you have what it takes to read them. Just as I find some stuff you read to be boring, or not exact.
I can see now that you are to cowardly to answer my questions, probably because you realize how bizarre they would sound. Usually when someone is passionate about what they believe, they are anxious to share it with anyone interested. You apparently are not that passionate about this energy thing you say exists, otherwise you would have no trouble answering simple questions.

I make it a habit to NOT read books about magic posing as reality I KNOW that if this soul thing was real, and part of our physical makeup that Neuroscience would have no trouble detecting it. There is NO evidence for a soul, NO verifiable support for this energy bullshit, only obscure books "New Age Authors." You know what New Age stands for? The same old unsupported shit dressed up in a new suit of cloths. As if putting the handle, New Age, somehow validates the still unsupported claims for soul and this wandering energy bullshit. And the really pathetic part is you don't even realize how totally bizarre you sound. Energy wandering around imbedding itself into certain individuals. How you get to be selected for this magical energy is unknown. But you better put in your order as soon as possible apparently there are so many Intelligent entities i the universe there is not enoughtenergy to go around. I don't mean to be rude, but..you are &uking insane.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#179777 Oct 12, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith and Atheism is not a mental illness. It is choice made by free people.
Faith is what is needed when sufficient evidence is unavailable Fait is the permission Theists give to each other for believing those things without evidence, Faith is GULLIBILITY. Faith is NOT a pathway to truth. To believe so strongly about something without evidence that you build your entire life around that belief, is insanity. Most people care whether or not their belief are TRUE, and truth can only be varified by science.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#179778 Oct 12, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god is an epic failure.
For trying to use YOU to convince people to follow it.
Fail.
Not true at all, Bongo's God is great and he is a genius Bobbing Bobby get over yourself.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#179779 Oct 12, 2013
<quoted text>
You **are** Bobloblah, moron.
Nobody is fooled.
Bongo pay this creep no mind you are a genius

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#179780 Oct 12, 2013
<quoted text>
New Age is just another name for batshit.
Sorry, but that is the facts, jack.
You still have nothing to prove this "soul" thingy.
You lose-- again.
More rants from a dolt without a soul

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179781 Oct 12, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true at all, Bongo's God is great and he is a genius Bobbing Bobby get over yourself.
Your god is equally a failure.

Why?

You.

Your god chose ... YOU.

And you?

You could not convince a dog to eat a nice rare steak for dinner...

... seriously.

PS: your Jesus(hate) is showing.

Again.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#179782 Oct 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I can see now that you are to cowardly to answer my questions, probably because you realize how bizarre they would sound. Usually when someone is passionate about what they believe, they are anxious to share it with anyone interested. You apparently are not that passionate about this energy thing you say exists, otherwise you would have no trouble answering simple questions.
I make it a habit to NOT read books about magic posing as reality I KNOW that if this soul thing was real, and part of our physical makeup that Neuroscience would have no trouble detecting it. There is NO evidence for a soul, NO verifiable support for this energy bullshit, only obscure books "New Age Authors." You know what New Age stands for? The same old unsupported shit dressed up in a new suit of cloths. As if putting the handle, New Age, somehow validates the still unsupported claims for soul and this wandering energy bullshit. And the really pathetic part is you don't even realize how totally bizarre you sound. Energy wandering around imbedding itself into certain individuals. How you get to be selected for this magical energy is unknown. But you better put in your order as soon as possible apparently there are so many Intelligent entities i the universe there is not enoughtenergy to go around. I don't mean to be rude, but..you are &uking insane.
A billion Chinese can't be wrong, that is unless you force them to be. You do know more atheist are atheist, due to government policing than by choice. I proudly and loudly say "Not in my country!" Bring that backwards **** to America and you'll see who the cowards are. We will rock you.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179783 Oct 12, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Bongo pay this creep no mind you are a genius
I'm begnining to suspect something here...

.. and it begins to make a kind of horrible sense.

YOU are Bongo's alter-ego, just as sponge-bob loofuah is.

Hmmmm.... it almost fits:

## You both demonstrate a complete lack of education
## you both post hate
## you both post pathetic attempts to insult, when you cannot get your way

## you both believe in 100% bullshyt.

So are you the same poster?

Even if you are not?

IT DOES NOT MATTER:

You are both unable to convince a rat to go for some nice cheese...

... fail.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179784 Oct 12, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
How Jesus of you.

PS: your hate is showing.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179785 Oct 12, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You are on Step Two of a THREE-STEP program to the Gas Chambers of Murder.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179786 Oct 12, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
A billion Chinese can't be wrong, that is unless you force them to be. You do know more atheist are atheist, due to government policing than by choice. I proudly and loudly say "Not in my country!" Bring that backwards **** to America and you'll see who the cowards are. We will rock you.
Reality is not a popularity contest, you ignorant baboon.

In China? They believe in ancestor worship, and magical spirits-- hardly an atheist country as you pretend.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179787 Oct 12, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so unconvincing, you could not convince a Republican to accept bribe money...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179788 Oct 12, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so unconvincing, you could not convince a shark to go for blood in the water.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179789 Oct 12, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so unconvincing, you could not convince a squirrel to pick up a fresh pecan-- already shelled.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Consequences of Atheism 3 min Liam R will return 1,157
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min Paul Porter1 18,088
Saddam Hussein was an ATHEIST! (Mar '09) 9 min BobHop104 67
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 44 min RiccardoFire 9,264
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 1 hr Patrick n Angela 14,514
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr Agents of Corruption 6,478
News Confessions of a black atheist 1 hr Samoan Irish 65
More from around the web