Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256538 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#179670 Oct 11, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Atheist said to a group of farmers in the barbershop,“There ain’t no hell.”
Then one of the farmers stood up and pointed his finger at the Atheist and said,
“The hell there ain’t!”
awww, grandpa!
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#179671 Oct 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And why is this and excuse for what YOU SAID?
Ahh, I get it, must be a case of sloping shoulders
More simply put, you don’t understand what you are reading. This is why your replies are so far off base. It may be a disability you have in reading.

I could write something about flowers and you will respond with something about showers. You are not grasping the concept. It may be a disability but if you work on it you could improve.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#179672 Oct 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The only problem here is there is NO such thing as "free will" It is impossible for it to be free will when you MUST face the consequences. That is in complete conflict with the definition of *FREE* I hold a gun to your head and tell you that you have "free will" to give me your wallet or not, but if you don't I'll blow your brains out. This is exactly the same as the threat of eternal torment if you don't do as God wished. Free will means to GIVE or RECEIVE something without expectation of return.
Your problem isn't over with this illusion of free will. Your God is omnipotent, or so they say, he knows everything and can see what will happen inn the future. He can see exactly what you will be doing in the future, he can see the pathway you have taken. You come to a fork in the road, the future see's you taking the fork right, Gods see's that you have taken the right fork, there is NO way you could have possibly taken the left fork. You think you have exercised free will by taking the right fork but your pathway had already ben determined. Free will is an illusion, God knows the future and the pathways you will take, that is unless you are wiling to say that God CANNOT see the future, and CANNOT see what you will be doing in the future. I that case your God is NOT omnipotent and is therefor completely useless.
No Doctor, free will means you have a choice.

Some make bad choices in life. They have to pay the consequences. Example the free will to start smoking. However long term smokers have to pay the pied piper in the end.

You are free to choose if you want to believe in God or if you don’t want to. What will be the consequence? To be determined. I say that because you have the right to change your mind right up to the very second you pass away.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#179673 Oct 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need the mathematics to understand. You do need something like it to standardize some concepts. You are stuck in a mathematical abstraction thinking and lose sight of physics. Look at your references to calculations and such.
Friction is caused by molecules of two different objects trying to shear each other. Very, very small sawtoothy things pressed together by gravity or mechanical force, or even magnetically. The molecules aren't moving randomly, they are reacting according to the laws of physics which stresses their bonds and heat is generated. That is vibrations of the space surrounding them. You will also get heat generated by two charges displacing space around them. Your strong force and the motion is one example. Electric motors are another. Heat is transfered through the bondings of mass if present, the web of charges creating mass, or as light if not. This heat is your basic force, which is a vibration of the medium this universe was created in.
That's what physics is , it is using math as a tool to measure things. The concept is one thing , the explanation of what it is doing exactly IS physics.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#179674 Oct 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are inconsistent in your descriptions.
Now, this is on the right path.
"The heat doesn't exist in the bonds: it is the motion."
Which is what I have been saying. The motion of space being displaced. Your little quantum thingies. Those bonds vibrate space, sort of like guitar strings vibrate air. Those vibrations are your heat.
As I have pointed out before, modern math physics has taken the whole, broken it down to tiny parts, andthen went south worshipping those tiny parts as the gods of the universe. They hit a brick wall and started working backwards. Your own BBT says those atoms, and constituent parts thereof were formed after the expansion. That whirlpool analogy I have used before. The compression of the universe causes a hard focusing of energy creating those nuclei. That is why they can be stripped down by other outside forces within the apparent closed system of the universe. That is also why those strong localized forces can be moved around by larger and much weaker forces.
The universe was created from without, not within. That singularity was not something that popped out of nothing, it was a something energized to start a process. We do it all of the time in our technology.
Thingies are results of processes, not the origination or first cause.
Heat is your quantum carrier. It isn't the apparent particle generating those vibrations, but the vibration of space between them.
Thermal energy isn't the motion of space. It is in the kinetic and potential energy in the motion of matter AKA: the speed that atoms spin and vibrate.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#179675 Oct 11, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Atheist said to a group of farmers in the barbershop,“There ain’t no hell.”
Then one of the farmers stood up and pointed his finger at the Atheist and said,
“The hell there ain’t!”
Is there a punchline?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#179676 Oct 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a punchline?
What is your view on the pressure on the Washington Redskins to change their name?

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#179678 Oct 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Thermal energy isn't the motion of space. It is in the kinetic and potential energy in the motion of matter AKA: the speed that atoms spin and vibrate.
Spin and vibrate, eh?

That's motion, isn't it?

There is a lot of space between particles, which are not really "hard" particles. We have had this discussion before. I believe Poly even admitted they were charged fields. You have the basic stuff of matter holding matter together. Whether it is a few interlocked molecules or a block of steel. There is no hard direct link between particles. Charge over distance, and thus over space. You have no direct link to carry heat. You have charged fields acting as fan blades on space. Space is getting pumped around within the molecular structure. The heat then affects the charges and you get photons or light generated to get rid of the excess stress on the web of charges. Take away the external stresses causing the stress, such as the rest of the universe's EM and gravity, and you would get no light because there is no heat, or stress, to cause light to be formed and emitted.

Heat is packets of space created by that spinning and swirling bunch of charges. Take a freeze frame of a molecule and you will see compartments of space trapped within it.

This is because the universe was created from the outside in, not the magical inside out modern physics and Topix atheists seek. Whirlpools and eddys following streams.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#179679 Oct 11, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
No Doctor, free will means you have a choice.
If we really do have a choice, why won't you f*ck off once we've chosen?
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some make bad choices in life. They have to pay the consequences.
What is the consequence of lying about god to complete strangers?
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Example the free will to start smoking. However long term smokers have to pay the pied piper in the end.
Every dies at the end, so it makes no difference.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are free to choose if you want to believe in God or if you don’t want to.
Belief in god is not a choice, it depends on if you suffer from the mental illness of faith or not.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What will be the consequence? To be determined.
Another attempt at threatening atheists with no evidence.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I say that because you have the right to change your mind right up to the very second you pass away.
You say everything you say because you are a mentally ill creationist with no proof of god who has converted nobody through your relentless religious stupidity.

Location hidden

#179680 Oct 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Spin and vibrate, eh?
That's motion, isn't it?
There is a lot of space between particles, which are not really "hard" particles. We have had this discussion before. I believe Poly even admitted they were charged fields. You have the basic stuff of matter holding matter together. Whether it is a few interlocked molecules or a block of steel. There is no hard direct link between particles. Charge over distance, and thus over space. You have no direct link to carry heat. You have charged fields acting as fan blades on space. Space is getting pumped around within the molecular structure. The heat then affects the charges and you get photons or light generated to get rid of the excess stress on the web of charges. Take away the external stresses causing the stress, such as the rest of the universe's EM and gravity, and you would get no light because there is no heat, or stress, to cause light to be formed and emitted.
Heat is packets of space created by that spinning and swirling bunch of charges. Take a freeze frame of a molecule and you will see compartments of space trapped within it.
This is because the universe was created from the outside in, not the magical inside out modern physics and Topix atheists seek. Whirlpools and eddys following streams.
Concentrate on proving the god your cult sent you here to lie to us about, there's a good creationist troll...

Location hidden

#179681 Oct 11, 2013
Creationists eager to talk about science, but can't produce sh*t when asked for evidence of god.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#179682 Oct 11, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> You know the deal blackbaboon, except a man be born again he cannot see, spiritual things are spiritually discerned. Its a gift, wise people seek it.
Yes I know the *deal* very well. The *deal* is you nor any other Theists can provide proof for what you believe. You make an assertion "God made man" and when asked to provide evidence you do the Christian dance of the fools. You twist, you turn, you dart left then right, but NEVER not in 2000 years have any of you provided verifiable evidence for your ridiculous claim. It never fails and you have just participated in the dance buy posting mumbo jumbo when I asked for proof. I ask for evidence I get..."Except a man be born again he cannot see." WTF kind of bullshit is that?

Of course you're wrong, wise men seek truth, not spiritual things. For it is the light of TRUTH that lights the way, not spiritual mumbo jumbo.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#179683 Oct 11, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your view on the pressure on the Washington Redskins to change their name?
I think they should change it to...Those scalping Mutha...kers.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#179684 Oct 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Spin and vibrate, eh?
That's motion, isn't it?

Doesn't change the fact that heat....is a consequence of matter.
In much the same way that mass is a consequence of matter.

The Background radiation is and the temperature of space ,
(the fact it has one) is a result of matter.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#179685 Oct 11, 2013
Bongo wrote:
If man went to the moon its Gods doing, he made the man and gave him all ability.
Who is responsible for hell and Satan?

Fennario

#179686 Oct 11, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Look whos talking , a sturthiform gal with xanthodontous
LOL.

Fennario

#179687 Oct 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
It has.
Things up here in the Land Of The Stupid (rethugs), it looks like those idiots are finally realizing they simply don't have unlimited power...
.. and are capitulating.
It's funny: the ReThugs' are polling at LOWER than even when they tried to impeach Clinton.
If you can fathom that-- pretty much everyone blames them for the shutdown.
I so wish this was an election year-- they would all be out on their lazy parasitic backsides...
Sorry to hear it. It's almost all depressing news. I pretty much avoid listening any more except for watching Bill Maher's show.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#179688 Oct 11, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
“There are many good people who behave horribly because of religion.”
Doctor, I disagree with your analogy. Good people are good until they do something bad. They cross that line. Once they step over that line goodness is lost and they are identified by their last act.
People who have shot and murdered Doctors in abortion clinics are murders. Plain and simple, they are not good people but murders. The Doctors that murder babies near full term are also murders.
Now let’s delve into the Westboro Baptist Church. They are Americans and are entitled to their belief and opinions. However picketing a funeral of our fallen soldiers is very disrespectful. Not only that it’s dangerous and provoking a confrontation.
But providing they are far enough away so as not to disrupt the funeral service they have a right to protest. We have to remember that service member died for freedom.
If they were protesting too close. It's time to break out the paint ball guns.
I know someone who is extremely religious and gay. He attends a church every Sunday, participates in the charity events and fund drives, he loves his church. The people who belong to this church are well respected citizens, doctors, teachers, lawyers, professional people, parents of young children, I know many of them. When it became known that he was a homosexual, he was literally ostracized from the church. He was told in no uncertain terms that he was no longer welcome, and told this by the pastor. He's a bit of a hard head and continued to attend church on Sundays. This is what the "Good People" did, the Good religious people. He was told there were no seat available and had to stand in the back of the church. Whispers and stares followed. When he showed up for a fund raiser, the doors were locked. he came out of church to find his tires slashed. Mumbles of faggot could be heard as he knelt in the snow to change his tire. Here were good decent people, family people, charitable people, but because God chose to make him what he is, these good people turned ugly and cruel. Good people turned into cruel monsters by their religious beliefs. Now don't even begin to tell me Good people can't be turned into uncaring monsters because of religious beliefs.
As far as the Westboro crowd. Put yourself in the shoes of the father mourning the loss of his young son, killed serving his country. You are at the cemetary , taps are being played, your anguish is all consuming, and you look up and see........THANK GOD FOR IED'S. These people are chanting, "God killed your son because the U.S. accepts same sex marriage." Here are people otherwise good and decent, but religion has driven them to this spiteful and cruel level. Yes they have the right to be cruel and abusive and uncaring, and mean spirited, and unsympathetic, but religion is the cause. I can't think of anything that disgusts me more than these people. And if you try to defend their action, your as despicable as they are!!!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#179689 Oct 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Who is responsible for hell and Satan?
I think I know this one...

Groundskeeper Willie?

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#179690 Oct 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't change the fact that heat....is a consequence of matter.
In much the same way that mass is a consequence of matter.
The Background radiation is and the temperature of space ,
(the fact it has one) is a result of matter.
Explain the hot dense singularity BEFORE the creation of matter or mass. That heat is a very important component of the BBT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 18 min NightSerf 18,446
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 44 min NightSerf 3,819
News Why I quit atheism 2 hr Richardfs 678
There is no meaning without God (Jul '15) 3 hr Richardfs 47
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 4 hr Eagle 12 5,663
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 hr Into The Night 43,080
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 6 hr It aint necessari... 737
A Universe from Nothing? 9 hr Eagle 12 417
More from around the web