Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258512 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#179630 Oct 11, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to say humans put this on themselves. Gays, and yes gays, for sleeping together created mankind's worst disease, AIDs.
Time and time again, evil and ignorant creationists use their cult as an excuse to hate on homosexuals.

Will lying theists ever learn to keep their prejudices to themselves?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#179631 Oct 11, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let's see, did you forget free will, man has the power to do whatever they want, if a human chooses to murder, is that God's fault?
For example, if you murdered someone, would you blame God for what YOU done, now WW2.
God has his reasons, I ask again, do you think a event as huge as that God will stop over night?
God has his reasons, now disease.
I would like to say humans put this on themselves. Gays, and yes gays, for sleeping together created mankind's worst disease, AIDs.
Now that's one of course man is looking for a cure which is out there somewhere, diseases like Cancer God allows to happen but doesn't make it happen, God made a medicine for every disease on this planet, but us, Humans decided they don't want to help the poor countries. God saved many babies but because humans refused to listing to God.
I think Humans are to blame for Earth's havoc, especially since they didn't want to follow God's instructions since Adam and Eve.
I repeated things so you atheists can see.
If you think AIDS is mankind's worst disease, your grasp of history is a weak as your grasp on reality.

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#179632 Oct 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so FOS.
Your "energy" is your God, and you can't explain or describe it.
Hiding behind complexity, not knowing what you know, just to argue. Just like a woman.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so FOS.
Your "energy" is your God, and you can't explain or describe it.
Hiding behind complexity, not knowing what you know, just to argue. Just like a woman.
Stop making assumptions based on your limited intellect and misogynistic stupidity

Are you saying that the worlds leading cosmologist and particle physicists etc at the perimeter institute who have spent a combined hundreds of man years studying their subjects don’t know what they are talking about and you, who hasn’t, does?

I can’t even blame the fact that you are a man of little brain and can only assume tha the davesworld you inhabit is a really weird place.

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#179633 Oct 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, forgot.
"At this time, the Universe was in an extremely hot and dense state and began expanding rapidly."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang
You will find that same description everywhere.
One word

SINGULARITY

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#179634 Oct 11, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you go through life not understanding what you read?
Full Definition of COMPREHENSION
1
a : the act or action of grasping with the intellect : understanding
b : knowledge gained by comprehending
c : the capacity for understanding fully <mysteries that are beyond our comprehension>
2
a : the act or process of comprising
b : the faculty or capability of including : comprehensiveness
3
: connotation 3
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/com...
And why is this and excuse for what YOU SAID?

Ahh, I get it, must be a case of sloping shoulders

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#179635 Oct 11, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I love you calling someone a ____bot, you who proudly stated you will respond to my every post. It is stunning how stupid you are. OK now respond wormmeatbot
Why do you lie so blatantly?

Is that how you were educated?

Is that what you god tells you to do?

Is it because you are embarrassed that you have nothing else?

Or maybe even that you are so stupid that you don’t even realise how stupid you are? There is a name for that, nope not godbot but the Dunning Kruger effect.

I have NEVER said that I would reply to your every post.

I did say that just because you are a ignorant and ignore your obnoxious abuse of the dead does not mean I won’t go away until you can grow a set of balls and apologise for mocking and lying about the dead. The dead who gave their lives so that ignorant baffons like you can mock and lie about them.

Jeez, for even for a godbot you are such a pathetic wimp.

And of course more guesswork, FYI, my funeral will involve cremation, but perhaps you are will be one who will be worm meat, buried six foot under waiting for an imaginary miracle while you rot in peace.

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#179636 Oct 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi stranger, long time no see. How you doing?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#179637 Oct 11, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let's see, did you forget free will, man has the power to do whatever they want, if a human chooses to murder, is that God's fault?
For example, if you murdered someone, would you blame God for what YOU done, now WW2.
God has his reasons, I ask again, do you think a event as huge as that God will stop over night?
God has his reasons, now disease.
I would like to say humans put this on themselves. Gays, and yes gays, for sleeping together created mankind's worst disease, AIDs.
Now that's one of course man is looking for a cure which is out there somewhere, diseases like Cancer God allows to happen but doesn't make it happen, God made a medicine for every disease on this planet, but us, Humans decided they don't want to help the poor countries. God saved many babies but because humans refused to listing to God.
I think Humans are to blame for Earth's havoc, especially since they didn't want to follow God's instructions since Adam and Eve.
I repeated things so you atheists can see.
All you're allowing us to "see" is how thoroughly and irreparably religion can break a mind.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#179638 Oct 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi stranger, long time no see. How you doing?
Hey there, Christine. I'm well, thank you, and hope your are too.

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#179639 Oct 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there, Christine. I'm well, thank you, and hope your are too.
I’m fine thanks, great to see you.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#179640 Oct 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>All you're allowing us to "see" is how thoroughly and irreparably religion can break a mind.
You're comment is irrelevant to me.
Bongo

Yonkers, NY

#179641 Oct 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a judgment on your part, and it seems a very biased one. I disagree. To me, men's greatest achievements - such as visiting the moon and returning alive - are greater than your god's failures, like that flood, or Hitler.
It's hard not to notice that believers tend to call whatever their god is said to have done good and great, whatever the motive, whatever the result. I do it the other way around. I look at the outcome, and judge the god based on it. If the results cause or allow pain, grief, anguish, and the like, they're not good or great.
We're told this is a temporary condition and sweat of the brow is the rule. Kicked out of the garden. A test perhaps. The pupil can never be greater than the teacher. If man went to the moon its Gods doing, he made the man and gave him all ability.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#179642 Oct 11, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> We're told this is a temporary condition and sweat of the brow is the rule. Kicked out of the garden. A test perhaps. The pupil can never be greater than the teacher. If man went to the moon its Gods doing, he made the man and gave him all ability.
Religious liars can prove anything the say - there's no such thing as god and your lies are tiring.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#179643 Oct 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you lie so blatantly?
Is that how you were educated?
Is that what you god tells you to do?
That is how their cult works - you get rewarded for the harder you lie. Inevitable, it also means the lies get more and more outrageous as the disease progresses.
Bongo

Union City, NJ

#179644 Oct 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And why is this and excuse for what YOU SAID?
Ahh, I get it, must be a case of sloping shoulders
Look whos talking , a sturthiform gal with xanthodontous
Bongo

Union City, NJ

#179645 Oct 11, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious liars can prove anything the say - there's no such thing as god and your lies are tiring.
Just not tiring enough for a pilgarlic like you to stay out of forums with the above title.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#179646 Oct 11, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Look whos talking , a sturthiform gal with xanthodontous
it hurts your cult...when you type.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#179647 Oct 11, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Just not tiring enough for a pilgarlic like you to stay out of forums with the above title.
Please tell us when your religious lie have had enough exposure to the real world.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#179648 Oct 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really, Poly. You only need the language to read your Holy Mathematical Scriptures.
No, you need the language to have the precision to talk about the ideas sensibly.
Energy is a something "physical". All you are presenting are math equations. Energy is a fuel.
Velocity is also 'physical'. But it is calculated by dividing how far you move by how long it took. More accurately, velocity is the rate of change of position. And that is a mathematical relation. Acceleration is also 'physical', but it is calculated as the rate of change of velocity.

Energy is physical, but it is calculated by a variety of means, kinetic energy as 1/2*m*v^2 (in Newtonian physics), potential energy as the inverse gradient of the acting force, etc. If you don't have the mathematics, you can't see what is happening.
In the real physical world heat is generated when a load is placed upon a force. What has "energy", but has zero heat?
No, heat is generated when there is friction, which makes the molecules move more randomly. But a planet moving in orbit is also a 'load' acted upon by a 'force' that does not generate heat. And that planet has a kinetic and potential energy that add up to be conserved.
aiidan

West Hatfield, MA

#179649 Oct 11, 2013
I used to get so stoned people thought I was Jesus

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 55 min positronium 94,160
News Egyptian Parliament considers outlawing atheism 6 hr Guest 6
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing (Oct '17) Sun blacklagoon 3 138
Stephen Hawking, now a believer May 8 superwilly 20
The atheists trick May 8 Eagle 12 - 3
News The Anti-Christian Movement May 7 blacklagoon 3 25
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) May 5 Eagle 12 - 5,971