Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
171,921 - 171,940 of 224,614 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

I became a beliver in Atheism as a child.I was born in a religious family and read the Bible and was sent to bible school. But that did not mean that every thing I read by mankind is true.Take a look at the prison population of the world we have good people and bad. Religious people and non-religious people are in there for sum evil crime.And this something that is not confine to just the acts of man.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Iím just going here with what I have been told. Yes, I know it sounds ridiculous but this is what Atheist are saying. Cows and vegetables donít believe in deities so that makes them an Atheist according to Atheist.
So anytime an Atheist eats he/she is involved in eating another Atheist. Maybe for the sake of sanity Animals, vegetables and infants are not Atheist.
I donít see how another Atheist could eat and digest another Atheist.
Unfortunately for you, philosophical reasoning does not affect the
tree of life as far as species. Ideological concepts do not cross
a physiological barrier. Alike concepts held in the brain do not make a being the same species.

I like corn, Deer like corn...eating deer is not cannibalism.

But even you have to know that..but maybe not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

just me yall wrote:
I became a beliver in Atheism as a child.I was born in a religious family and read the Bible and was sent to bible school. But that did not mean that every thing I read by mankind is true.Take a look at the prison population of the world we have good people and bad. Religious people and non-religious people are in there for sum evil crime.And this something that is not confine to just the acts of man.
Nice try but ..
"beliver in Atheism"? Gimme a break, atheism has no believers.

Swing and a miss,, Strike 1!

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Not to wreck your day, but I'm older than that, too.
I knew that and you could never wreck my day, Mac :)

I've always been the youngest one here and I know how some people view that. "Stupid little girl", "How could you know?", "Your views don't really matter".

It's never been about age. It's about perception.

It's about ingredients.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always been the youngest one here and I know how some people view that. "Stupid little girl", "How could you know?", "Your views don't really matter".
It's about ingredients.
I'm curious to know if you are older or younger than me. I'm 32.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I have heard. Pine trees and water are in the works. From there?
Godzilla? Erhmm.. What about you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
As we space travel, we send robot and rover vehicles with cameras.
Ohhh. I understand now. So you're saying that we send the robots to mars, who then time travel back to the present, who are actually the robot greys that we are seeing now and certainly exist and are in no way a sort of mass delusion? Right? We created the aliens!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
She is unavailable, don't matter how many candles.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I too once though we were the aliens.. on the moon, and mars.
But then came the realization.
If we do not encounter or find no sentient living owners, then we can claim it as our own.
So far we own the whole universe.
We will only become alien , when we actually meet one.
The alien overlords chuckle at your claimed ownership of the entire universe. They abandoned such archaic concepts eons ago in the pursuit of a more egalitarian society. They're nice overlords.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>The alien overlords chuckle at your claimed ownership of the entire universe. They abandoned such archaic concepts eons ago in the pursuit of a more egalitarian society. They're nice overlords.
Possession is 9/10ths of the law.

In short order I own it.

Aliens are scarcely in disagreement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that anything like the apple core?
Lol, you bet!
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately for you, philosophical reasoning does not affect the
tree of life as far as species. Ideological concepts do not cross
a physiological barrier. Alike concepts held in the brain do not make a being the same species.
I like corn, Deer like corn...eating deer is not cannibalism.
But even you have to know that..but maybe not.
I like corn too and I also like Deer. But I don't digest Atheist. Even if Atheist think Deer and Corn are Atheist. By the way, you gave me a good laugh. I like a little humor now and then.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be 21 next May. I'm gonna go ahead and say younger.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to burden you with my family horror stories, but they are the exact reason that "I know there is no biblical god". OK, aliens may abound, but neither your or I, know of their presence or impresence. I recognize the god of abraham as a fairy tale, until you provide some proof. Like I said, if I were to tell you my horrors that were never answered by any god, you would understand my position. When I do pass, trust me: If there is any god, it had better be someone powerful, otherwise, I will knock it out in one punch.
I believe you, ok. I donít always believe people here on topix. But I believe what you are saying is truth. I had a neighbor behind my house on the next street. His daughter died at a young age. After that he turned Atheist.

I have been spared these type of tragedies. We have had some close calls but they always turned out ok. My oldest granddaughter was hit by a truck barreling down the street. She rode her bike out into the street and the truck hit her and she landed on the hood.

She was ok but it scared the driver nearly to death. I mean he had the shakes real bad. It took him a while to calm down. Bad things happen to good people sometimes. We are made of flesh and blood. Our bones and hearts can be broken.

I wonít bore you with all the other close calls weíve had. I have been blessed, you know thatís all I can say about that. Gods word doesnít promise us a life without storms, tragedies, and even death.

None of us are immune from these things. Even King David lost a dearly beloved son and God didnít spare that child. And David prayed for a miracle but God didnít do it.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's about ingredients.
You just think people think that about you.

You think that's what people are thinking.

But you have no evidence that that's what people are thinking.

I think it's just you, thinking that people are thinking that about you.

I'm not thinking that, and I don't think most others are either.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I like corn too and I also like Deer. But I don't digest Atheist. Even if Atheist think Deer and Corn are Atheist. By the way, you gave me a good laugh. I like a little humor now and then.
As do I.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice, but if you mess wif me I'll give you a lesson in Corn Foo.

lol

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
OK there are two parts to answering your blog. First the physical. I agree, it is much more likely we were made in a lab, by a advanced race. I admit ET is more likely but I cling to my beliefs. I do feel as I do have an argument and I believe that.
The advanced race created the animal. The animal does and has evolved. The soul part, is a gift from the overall creator. I do believe all animals have souls, but the intelligence soul is more advanced. If you are interested in this Dr Michael Newton has a trio of books you may like reading Destiny Of Souls, Journey of Souls and Life Between Lives.
I'll check into those books when I get a chance about souls. Thanks for the reference. Last, what is your belief system?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Nice, but if you mess wif me I'll give you a lesson in Corn Foo.
lol
[bowing] Sinsi

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's about ingredients.
Yes. I like young people.

Call me "avuncular".

I'm going to be a grandfather, come about April.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 44 min ChristineM 843
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 4 hr CunningLinguist 29
Our world came from nothing? 4 hr NightSerf 258
Atheists, give up your lost religion and seek t... (Nov '13) 6 hr CunningLinguist 229
Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 7 hr CunningLinguist 70,963
Introducing The Universal Religion 13 hr Patrick 737
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 13 hr Patrick 397
•••
•••